Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Bank of Ireland telephone number legitimate?

Options
  • 24-07-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I received a phone call looking to speak to a family member who was not in at the time of call this morning, the original number was 0766240018. The person on the phone seemed uncertain and gave me the impression it was a scam from the scattered information they gave with long pauses, and requested a call back on 0818200399. Is this a valid BoI phone number please? I just want to verify its authenticity before requesting my family member to get in touch with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Elmidena wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I received a phone call looking to speak to a family member who was not in at the time of call this morning, the original number was 0766240018. The person on the phone seemed uncertain and gave me the impression it was a scam from the scattered information they gave with long pauses, and requested a call back on 0818200399. Is this a valid BoI phone number please? I just want to verify its authenticity before requesting my family member to get in touch with it.

Hi Elmidena,

Thanks for getting in touch and hope you're doing well.

I can confirm that both of these numbers are legitimate. I'd ask the account holder to call either of the numbers that you have quoted above and the advisers there will be more than happy to help them.
    Thanks again for running this by us and if you or anyone you know is ever unsure of any letters, emails or phone calls claiming to be from Bank of Ireland please get in touch with us here or through any of our social media platforms and we'll be more than happy to confirm if they are legitimate.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement