Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for car suggestions, with similar space to Tipo

Options
  • 24-07-2018 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

I need to replace my car, recently hired a Fiat Tipo station wagon abroad and was very impressed with the space in it. Rarely see a Fiat around so I'm not sure there are many available second hand the ad on radio about deals on new Tipo are tempting but no dealer near me.

A 7 seater VW Touran is also in the running however I have not had proplems so far fitting 3 children in car back seat so dont think 7 seats is a must.

So hopefully some of you motor experts will be able to offer suggestions on cars with space similar to what we got in Tipo Staion Wagon or share expierence with Tipo and Fiat that may convince me it worth going for a new one.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Budget and maybe location would help.

Similar new cars, or nearly knew which might be of interest would be a Megane estate, Dacia Duster, Seat Leon estate and Octavia estate.

Lots of choice new and used.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

Thanks I had not actually looked at estates previously so I think that will be my starting point will try to check out some this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The tipo is a pretty ordinary estate. I’m sure most in that class will have similar room.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The tipo is a pretty ordinary estate. I’m sure most in that class will have similar room.

Better build, cheaper PCP, better residuals etc etc

I like the Tipo in fairness but you'd want to be buying it cheap and driving it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,450 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don’t want to have a go at the Tipo like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I think in lounge spec it's actually a nice looking car.
    The saloon though looks horrible.
    1.4 turbo would be my pick.
    A new tipo would probably set you back around 25k, think they've scrappage schemes now so you may as well go to a dealer and run the numbers.
    If you're happy with how the fiat performed then I'd probably look more into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,222 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You would want to be mad to sink 25k into a Fiat Tipo, just buy a 1 year old one for 9k/10k less. Wait another year and buy it for around 10k:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1901588&r=s.php%3Fm%3D25%26o%3D235%26g%3D0

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

bazz26 wrote: »
    You would want to be mad to sink 25k into a Fiat Tipo, just buy a 1 year old one for 9k/10k less. Wait another year and buy it for around 10k:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1901588&r=s.php%3Fm%3D25%26o%3D235%26g%3D0

Oh I agree, 25k on a tipo would be stupid.
    Was just giving the op an idea how much a brand new one would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

update I went for a Ford C-Max delighted with the height plenty of space in back for 3 and I can step in when buckling their belts. thanks for the replies, I've yet to see a Tipo on the road here!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,921 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

ax530 wrote: »
    update I went for a Ford C-Max delighted with the height plenty of space in back for 3 and I can step in when buckling their belts. thanks for the replies, I've yet to see a Tipo on the road here!

Great buy and great car. The Dad had one for a few years and it is one of the few cars that he misses. There is a few Tipo's on the roads but have not seen any 2019 ones yet.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement