Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Clinic

Options
  • 24-07-2018 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Can anybody suggest a reasonable hotel near the Blackrock Clinic, I'm not familiar with driving in Dublin so as close as possible would be ideal please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

https://www.taratowers.com/en/

Not sure if it's what you'd consider reasonable, but it's very close by.

Or you could look at hotels anywhere along the DART line, the stations is a 10-minute walk away.

(ETA the DART station is actually half the walking distance that the hotel is. Who knew?!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Tara Towers and the Stillorgan Park would be the two nearest both about a kilometre from the Blackrock Clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The Stillorgan Park Hotel is now the Talbot Hotel Stillorgan by the way if you go Googling it :)

https://www.talbothotelstillorgan.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Stanford

Alun wrote: »
    The Stillorgan Park Hotel is now the Talbot Hotel Stillorgan by the way if you go Googling it :)

Many thanks

Had forgotten that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I might also be worthwhile ringing the Blackrock Clinic to see if they have any deals going with any of the local hotels.

I might also be worthwhile ringing the Blackrock Clinic to see if they have any deals going with any of the local hotels.

Many thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Tara Towers to Blackrock Clinic is marginally shorter - 1.4 kms v.s 2.2 kms from the Talbot. Clinic to the Talbot involves a long climb up a dead straight hill, aka Mount Merrion Ave.

In this weather the difference in distance won't matter much and the Talbot is served by the 46A and 145 so would have a better better frequency of buses and a direct connection to Heuston Station if the OP is coming from the west.

If you find a hotel near the Dart, it's just under 1 km from Booterstown Dart station to the clinic.

coylemj wrote: »
    Tara Towers to Blackrock Clinic is marginally shorter - 1.4 kms v.s 2.2 kms from the Talbot. Clinic to the Talbot involves a long climb up a dead straight hill, aka Mount Merrion Ave.

In this weather the difference in distance won't matter much and the Talbot is served by the 46A and 145 so would have a better better frequency of buses and a direct connection to Heuston Station if the OP is coming from the west.

If you find a hotel near the Dart, it's just under 1 km from Booterstown Dart station to the clinic.

Thanks for that, I'm in two minds as to drive or get the train, perhaps the train to Heuston and DART onwards might be less stressful?

Also if the OP stays in the the city centre they could be dropped to the door of the Blackrock Clinic using the the 7/a or 4 buses or in DL they could use the 7/a

• Advertisement

Stanford wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I'm in two minds as to drive or get the train, perhaps the train to Heuston and DART onwards might be less stressful?
    DART and Heuston don't meet. You have to get the Luas from one to the other.

http://www.a-b.ie/cp3/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en#std3_ac_options

This is a great site for looking at options - will show you timings for luas, bus, taxi, walking etc.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    DART and Heuston don't meet. You have to get the Luas from one to the other.

http://www.a-b.ie/cp3/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en#std3_ac_options

This is a great site for looking at options - will show you timings for luas, bus, taxi, walking etc.

Many thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Gleesons Pub on Booterstown Ave. have just opened a number of guest rooms. It would be about 1km from the Clinic and 400m from Booterstown Dart.

Note Blackrock Clinic is about half way between Blackrock and Booterstown Dart stops. Walk is probably flatter from Booterstown but you can cut through the park from Blackrock so a bit more scenic, turn left out of the station down the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you can do the procedure on a day trip, there's parking in the Blackrock Clinic. It's on a main road (Rock Road) and easy to get to. And if you have to stay overnight, the Tara Towers and the Talbot both have parking.

If you get the train to Heuston, your best bet would be a 145 bus from outside the station to Nassau St., then change to a 4, 7 or 7A to the Blackrock Clinic, the stops are beside each other. You'd arrive on the 145 at stop 406 and catch a 4, 7 or 7A from stop 405. That would be by far the least stressful way of getting from the train to the clinic by public transport, there is no direct option. You'd be waiting on average 5-10 minutes for the connecting bus in Nassau St. and the stop where you get off is directly across the road from the clinic.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/City-Centre-Bus-Stops/Nassau-Street-Bus-Stops/

With a Leap Card the total journey will cost €3.30.

If you can do the procedure on a day trip, there's parking in the Blackrock Clinic. It's on a main road (Rock Road) and easy to get to. And if you have to stay overnight, the Tara Towers and the Talbot both have parking.

If you get the train to Heuston, your best bet would be a 145 bus from outside the station to Nassau St., then change to a 4 or 7A to the Blackrock Clinic, the stops are beside each other. You'd arrive on the 145 at stop 406 and catch a 4 or 7A from stop 405.

https://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/City-Centre-Bus-Stops/Nassau-Street-Bus-Stops/

With a Leap Card the total journey will cost €3.30.

Hopefully I can do it in one day, I'm not a patient so no probs there, I'm wondering if I should just get a cab from Heuston to/from the Clinic?

Hopefully I can do it in one day, I'm not a patient so no probs there, I'm wondering if I should just get a cab from Heuston to/from the Clinic?
    If you're pushed for time, that would most definitely be the way I'd go.

Using/changing public transport involving the city centre will be slow. I'd be allowing an hour for it before about 11am, and not much less after.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    If you're pushed for time, that would most definitely be the way I'd go.

Using/changing public transport involving the city centre will be slow.

Sounds good, I have plenty time and the Limerick-Dublin train runs on the hour both ways, much less stressful me thinks

Sounds good, I have plenty time and the Limerick-Dublin train runs on the hour both ways, much less stressful me thinks
    Well if time isn't an issue, my choice would be Luas to Abbey Street, walk over to Tara Street station and get the DART out to Blackrock, and walk up to the clinic through the park as suggested earlier.

If you get the train to Heuston, your best bet would be a 145 bus from outside the station to Nassau St., then change to a 4, 7 or 7A to the Blackrock Clinic, the stops are beside each other. You'd arrive on the 145 at stop 406 and catch a 4, 7 or 7A from stop 405.

Or the Luas to Abbey Street and you can catch the 7/A or the 4 from O'Connell Street. Another alternative if your area is served by BE or a private bus which would leave in Dublin City Centre or Busaras leaving you with only one change to either a bus or a DART probably cheaper than the train.

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Or the Luas to Abbey Street and you can catch the 7/A or the 4 from O'Connell Street. Another alternative if your area is served by BE or a private bus which would leave in Dublin City Centre or Busaras leaving you with only one change to either a bus or a DART probably cheaper than the train.
    I just have a preference for transport that runs on rails rather than buses which have to compete with city centre traffic :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement