Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vietnam v Cambodia

• 24-07-2018 6:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭

Which is the better desitination and why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Which is the better desitination and why?

Depends what you're after... Both are better destinations, depending on what you're after.

That said, you'd spend a lot more time exploring Vietnam. While still having it's charm (a lot more-so than Thailand, for example), it does have Western / Modern world influence (ie. Tourist SIM with 3/4G etc) which enables me to spend more time there.

Cambodia is catching up, but Phnom Penh (capital) is certainly a slight culture shock. Most people visit Phnom Penh (S21 / Killing Fields) and Siam Riep (Ankor Wat) and usually get out after that. I've never been to Sihanoukville down South and don't intend to. People that have been there say it was fun, but I expect they've missed the best of the beaches in S Thailand.

Vietnam... jesus you could spend a year there and still have more exploring to do.

I've been to Thailand / Vietnam / Cambodia / Laos (among others), and each of them have their merits / charm.... really hard to pick a 'best'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I visited Cambodia for a full month last year, loved it.

Siem Reap and Phnom Penh and definitely worth seeing, but visit Mondulkiri province and visit the elephant sanctuary Mondulkiri Project. A non profit sanctuary for elephants - you can sleep there and its run by a local family who care for the elephants in their forest. Amazing, amazing experience.

Also, skip Sihanoukville - a complete dump - just use it to get to and from some wonderful islands - - Koh Rong and Koh Rong Sanloem - the latter is the best one, very few accommodation options so lovely and quiet, so idyllic. Just amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If you're talking about the trip you've booked in August according to the other thread you don't have time to do either place justice.

Advertisement