Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2016/Office 365 sending issue etc

Options
  • 24-07-2018 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi All,

Outlook 2016 , part of Office 365, version 1806 build 10.228.20134, Windows 10

Running the above all patched upto date for Office 365 and Windows 10 , but had a problem with sending email on a BT email address for the last 3 months at least.

Email address with problem is the Master Account email address with 2 sub accounts. One of the sub accounts works fine (apart from not being able to receive email from a particular Irish email address, but sending and receiving from and to others works 100% as far as we know), the 2nd sub account shares the same problem as the Master address - receiving is fine (no blocking from any particular addresses as far as we know)but sending is impossible.

Both Master and sub accounts use same software (though Master has its own Office 365 subscription, the working sub account may use the Master's Office 365, or the non working Office 365 subscription - no one can really remember).

Both the Master and non working sub account (as well as the working sub account)use Outlook for emails. Everything works as it should, sent email is sent to the Sent Folder and shows up as email being sent in the bottom right of the screen. But when we log onto the BT webmail page, refreshen the page a few times even minutes later, no email appears in the Inbox of the Webmail service. If we use Webmail to send an email we do see the received email in the Inbox of the Webmail service. It may take a few minutes though. However, once it appears, we log out of the Webmail and download new emails in Outlook and the email comes into Outlook as it should.

I can only work on the Master email laptop as its mine, the 2 sub account laptops are elsewhere. I noticed sometime ago probably at the same time as sending problem started was that spam emails which used to go direct to the spam /junk folder in Outlook by itself(no rules setup) are now just going to the Inbox. I have my Outlook set up as a POP3, the 2 sub accounts use IMAP.

I have a mixture of BT and various irish email addresses sent up in Outlook and all used to work with no problems both sending or receiving. Now i can only use my irish email addresses , BT email addresses i have set up all have the same sending problem.I thought if i deleted the non working BT addresses (one is my main one so I did this one) and then added it anew it work but setting it up again continously failed. I had to restore Windows to get myself back to square 1. I set up Office 365 on another laptop, tried to add the non working BT address as a POP3 email but Outlook would not accept it.

I then thought it was antivirus but i deleted the program on the first laptop but kept my settings but no joy.

I am at a total loss.

Any help or tips very welcomed. Cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Did you get sorted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HPMan

No, didnt.  Still the same. Done almost everything from deleting AV to deleting "dodgy emails" - all with no improvement. I am at a complete loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Sorry for criticism, but your "story" so convoluted - hard to follow. Or might be it's me to "slow":D
    Both the Master and non working sub account (as well as the working sub account)use Outlook for emails.
    = ALL USE OUTLOOK. And so on........

Could you just define one account, that you have full admin control, only in full detail. And troubleshoot one account only for now.

Seem you have added same account to multiple devices. Are you sure all them configured correctly. POP3 was initially designed to be used with one device - one miss-configuration can lead to F****p.
    This article give you idea. Pay attention to note @ the end, could be relevant.

You need to be aware of all devices/mail clients involved. Possibly simplest way - reset password on account and update on one device only - do testing, then continue on with other devices ensuring settings checked/double-checked.

Come back with more consistent description - you might get some more suggestions.

Advertisement