Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Evolution - October 28th 2018 (Spoilers, rumours, etc)

Options
  • 24-07-2018 7:36pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, WWE has announced it's first All-women Pay Per View show.

You'd imagine we can guess a few matches?

Bailly vs Sasha
    Ronda vs Alexa?
    Becky vs Charlotte if Becky can get the title?

Meanwhile, Mickie James and Trish Stratus are teasing one final match on Twitter this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance Stacey will be back for one more Bra and Panties match with Torrie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I predict this gets promoted more than SummerSlam and any other PPV before it.
    Think they said the Mae Young Classic final will take place at it as well.

I'd say they would like to have Ronda vs Charlotte at this to increase viewers.

And even though they weren't announced at Raw, the tag titles could still be an option

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Imagine the main event of this PPV is about to start.....

The music hits....

Out come these guys in the ultimate troll...

Evolution.jpg&

A new Era of WWE begins with no more pandering and PG ends. Attitude Era all over again begins! Promos about how no one cares about womens wrestling only to be confronted by Ronda and a few others. Leading to intergender matches and ratings bonanza!!

Never will happen but I can dream......!!!! :pac:

Where are they going with 50 women anyway. That just means a battle royal, Mania style. Or a lot of short matches

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

This is going to be one of those events where we have to put up with Michelle McCool being booked like Andre isn't it?

• Advertisement

Funny thing is this show contains the final match of a multi night women only tournament, so it's not like they're not getting their own shows.
    Will it also be that one female ref reffing all the matches with Lita and Beth on commentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Yeah was thinking about that myself, women only camera crew and production team with Stephanie in gorilla calling the shots.... 2 hour promo to start the show. Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Maybe only let women attend the event too? They certainly deserve an event free of silly man-boos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Laughed out loud at Stephanie saying how they got away from 30second matches then later in the show they have a womens match that couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 mins long now that's real progress :))

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently the Barclays centre is advertising this match for it (spoilers, probably)...

https://i.redd.it/qc1hvcmz8xg11.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    Apparently the Barclays centre is advertising this match for it (spoilers, probably)...

https://i.redd.it/qc1hvcmz8xg11.jpg
    So Ronda wins at Summerslam, holds onto it a bit, only to lose it back to Bliss (ugh)
    ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I don't see any belt involved so likely it's a straight up singles match rather than the above?

Necrominus wrote: »
    I don't see any belt involved so likely it's a straight up singles match rather than the above?

My mistake, I clicked, viewed and closed, without looking properly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necrominus wrote: »

HEAVY potental spoilers below. Like....SUPER SPOILERS!

Meltzer and WoR seem to be reporting that
    Rousey vs Nikki Bella will be the main event. So you'd imagine that's your title match.

Guess the cat was out of the bag on this one, but WWE have officially announced it...

Trish Stratus vs Alexa Bliss is now confirmed.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1030994577195458560?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lord TSC wrote:
    Meltzer and WoR seem to be reporting that - Main Event

Not that I am expecting a card of the year contender but these 2 matches sound....terrible tbh.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Not that I am expecting a card of the year contender but these 2 matches sound....terrible tbh.

Based on the tease we got on Smackdown, I'm guessing we'll get Becky/Charlotte vs Sasha/Bailly, and that will be the match aimed at the older fans. They'll be let have a barn burner.

OH! And the Mae Young classic finals should be a strong match too. And whatever NXT put out.

But the other two matches seem designed to get as many eyes on the show as possible with the casual fans. Especially that one that's spoiler tagged.

This is sounding more like the One Night Only events that Impact do.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    HEAVY potental spoilers below. Like....SUPER SPOILERS!

Meltzer and WoR seem to be reporting that
    Rousey vs Nikki Bella will be the main event. So you'd imagine that's your title match.

Well that'll be a squash match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Christ this card sounds like an utter ****fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Trish vs Alexa ? Jesus that could be bad and not because of trish. Why not mickie vs trish ? They got a brilliant reaction when they crossed paths in the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Alexa is the golden girl now.

Can't blame them. She can't really wrestle well but she has the look, can talk and crowds love her.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Alexa is the golden girl now.

Can't blame them. She can't really wrestle well but she has the look, can talk and crowds love her.

I think she'll get better at the wrestling part and she has her character down but I don't know how rusty trish will be given since she retired she's not had that much in ring action.

But Alexa has some potential whereas Carmella is a lost hope. So much smoke and mirrors. I thought they had moved past that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

The main event makes total sense. It's the biggest two female stars in the company which is what you want for mainstream press. This will allow Rousey to get on Ellen & do the ESPN carwash while her opponent goes on E and promotes it in those kinds of places. Remember the key here is making as big a mainstream splash as possible. I also feel like people are going hard on the match quality. It will be choreographed and worked on to where it will be good - both women are fine athletes. Ronda's prior matches were all with less talented performers in Nia, Steph, Alicia. People forget that when Charlotte first came in, she got good matches out of her.

Trish & Alicia feels like more of a struggle given how limited Alexa is and Trish likely being rusty, but it does have the feeling of a generational battle - Trish v baby Trish as some have called it.

I presume Mickie will be back in Bliss' corner by then to at least play a role in the match.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Trish vs Alexa ? Jesus that could be bad and not because of trish. Why not mickie vs trish ? They got a brilliant reaction when they crossed paths in the rumble.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but have you been paying attention to the current product? Mickie's an underneath girl in this era, used to get others over. Rarely ever wins a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Monokne wrote: »
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, but have you been paying attention to the current product? Mickie's an underneath girl in this era, used to get others over. Rarely ever wins a match.

Plus if Mickie vs Trish was done it's a legend coming back to face someone long past their best and most of us will rightly criticise WWE for that

It'd be like doing HHH vs The Rock or HHH vs Batista or any number of matches that has actually happened at Wrestlemania the last 7/8 years

Monokne wrote: »

Not every minute of raw and smackdown no. I'm aware of what's happening in the current product. You succeeded in not being argumentative but came across as a know it all. I know mickie isn't on top in the division. My point was as it's an all women's PPV and it's called evolution, then why not have a match harking back to a time when women's wrestling in WWE wasn't a complete piss break. That was what I was suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Guess the cat was out of the bag on this one, but WWE have officially announced it...

Trish Stratus vs Alexa Bliss is now confirmed.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1030994577195458560?s=21

They could have at least waited until after SS to announce this

Any chance of Lita and Kharma Kong returning for one more WWE match

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Not every minute of raw and smackdown no. I'm aware of what's happening in the current product. You succeeded in not being argumentative but came across as a know it all. I know mickie isn't on top in the division. My point was as it's an all women's PPV and it's called evolution, then why not have a match harking back to a time when women's wrestling in WWE wasn't a complete piss break. That was what I was suggesting.

I get your idea. It's not one I personally would object to. My question was a genuine query regardless of how you read it, because I thought were you aware of Mickie's role at the mo, that would answer the question as to why she isn't working with Trish on the show.

I would love a Bayley v Sasha Raw women's title match on top of this show though, while we're fantasy booking and bringing up throwbacks.

Advertisement