Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Evolution - October 28th 2018 (Spoilers, rumours, etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of having names returning for the Battle Royal due to lack of visibility. Seems kind of pointless. Like how often have we seen battle royals and only realise someone is in it when they get eliminated?
    But like I said above, outside the battle royal, the announced matches so far consist of 14 out of the 50+.

I think Nikki Cross will be involved somehow, though probably in the Battle Royal, which I would like her to win if she is.

And we have this all woman PPV showing off the women's abilities and the likes of Asuka are stuck in the Battle Royal.

Speaking of Nikki Cross I'm really liking her at the moment in nxt.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Trish and Lita haven't wrestled in years. Lita neck is a bombsite.

Singles matches would have been disasters. A tag makes it easier to hide the short comings.

Lita's neck can't be a bombsite at least not at the moment. She wouldn't have been allowed to be in the ring at all if her neck was a mess. I'm rewatching women's matches from the attitude era and just watching lita when she wrestled she wasn't a ring general then and sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Speaking of Nikki Cross I'm really liking her at the moment in nxt.

Yep. She's brilliant to watch and see others interact with her. I'd say most is improvised. Just hope when she moves up that she's treated better than the rest of Sanity

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yep. She's brilliant to watch and see others interact with her. I'd say most is improvised. Just hope when she moves up that she's treated better than the rest of Sanity

I honestly think her being called up could be what fixes Sanity as they essentially get rebooted upon her arrival.

This show will air at a relatively decent time for us anyway. Due to the time change, it will be an hour early as the States don't change until the weekend after. Then it's a long weekend for us as well.
    So I guess instead of 12-4 it will be 11-3 on a bank holiday Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

WWE put out a tweet that they have since deleted saying that
    Michelle McCool, Madusa, Ivory, Kelly Kelly, Maria and Molly Holly
    are all in the battle royal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I honestly think her being called up could be what fixes Sanity as they essentially get rebooted upon her arrival.

I think Sanity are dead. Vince doesn't see it. When it comes to female performers, she has nothing he looks for either.

More worked shoot stuff from Ronda...
    You know someone typing the title “Producer” next to your name in the credits doesn’t make you some kind of god. The extent of your involvement in @totalbellas and @totaldivas is you let them film you act like idiots whenever they want and in exchange with give you fancy titles in the credits. whoopidy-f-n-doo.

And If having a “successful” YouTube channel makes it to your short list of accomplishments, you’re not doing near as well as you imagine.

I’m not even going to get into how bragging on your own fame is possibly one of the most narcissistic things you could do...
    Because I’m busy and touring the northeast with Wwe live at this very moment. What’re you doing? Taking another picture in a wet T-shirt while trying to sell wine? See you at #Evolution #DoNothingBellas #Oct28 #RondaVsBella #DontbeaDNB

I'd actually like to see them throw in a Holly Holm/Amanda Nunes dig at her on Raw, to even it up a bit. Although I imagine that's totally off-limits.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thats the issue though; Ronda is mauling them on the mic, and they don't have a retort.

As heels, they are not being effective in the story at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The Bellas put up posts on Instagram last week as well looking for sympathy after Ronda's harsh comments. As usual the storytelling has been poor.

• Advertisement

Don't the NXT tapings give away the result of the NXT women's title match? I haven't read any of the taping coverage, but I think they've filmed up until WarGames?

There are less than 200 scattered seats left for Evolution. There were thousands left a few weeks ago. Huge movement once the Ronda-Nikki build started, really captured the publics imagination with that. I think the key segment was the one on Raw last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Monokne wrote:
    There are less than 200 scattered seats left for Evolution. There were thousands left a few weeks ago. Huge movement once the Ronda-Nikki build started, really captured the publics imagination with that. I think the key segment was the one on Raw last week.

I think they expected a load of women to buy up the tickets early for the sake of it but they were far lower than normal. I full expect a load of men to be there now tho :pac:
    Given the non existent build for all bar 2 matches & general apathy by even the company to the "first time ever" event I kinda hope it's one and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So which male star gets to do a run in and steal the show?

So which male star gets to do a run in and steal the show?

Santina.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

More thinking along the lines of Orton the way he has treated the Diva's over the years.

Runs into the ring and whips out his lad.

Ellsworth. He's the only guy to have worked with the women lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Runs into the ring and whips out his lad.
    This is the thread for the first women's PPV, do you mind keeping your fantasies to yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Don't forget this starts at 11pm (10pm pre-show) with the clocks going back

I think the only main roster match worth watching really would be the Charlotte/Becky match.
    Apart from that, the MYC final and the NXT title should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Final PPV Card:

2018 Mae Young Classic Final: Io Shirai vs. Toni Storm

Sasha Banks, Bayley & Natalya vs. The Riott Squad

Women's Battle Royal

NXT Women's Championship: Kairi Sane (c) vs. Shayna Baszler

Trish Stratus & Lita vs. Alexa Bliss & Mickie James

SmackDown Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Charlotte Flair

Raw Women's Championship: Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Nikki Bella

Alexa is out, Alicia Fox replaces her. Bliss will be at ringside...

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wweevolution/2018/trish-stratus-lita-vs-mickie-james-alicia-fox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

J. Marston wrote:
    Alexa is out, Alicia Fox replaces her. Bliss will be at ringside...

And there goes any temptation to renew my Network sub for this.

Alicia Fox makes me want to stab my eyes out with a fork.

In terms of in ring performers though, it's basically a wash. Neither Fox nor Bliss are particularly good.

Evolution special on Sky Sports Mix (121) now. Lita vs Trish currently on.
    Wonder what all the dried blood on the mat was from

Evolution special on Sky Sports Mix (121) now. Lita vs Trish currently on.
    Wonder what all the dried blood on the mat was from

that the main event from 2004 or there abouts ? I've never found out who bleed like a boyo on that ring either.

Necrominus wrote: »
    And there goes any temptation to renew my Network sub for this.

Alicia Fox makes me want to stab my eyes out with a fork.

So your renewal of the network is based on one match ?not on the thousands of hours of archive content there for peanuts ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Itssoeasy wrote:
    So your renewal of the network is based on one match ?not on the thousands of hours of archive content there for peanuts ?

Nah I've watched most of the archives I'm interested in. Not paying for the current product as it's sh1te basically.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gutted for Alexa. Given a dream match against someone I'd say she adored growing up, only to hurt herself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I feel that even though the match has changed several times the odds of a good match hasn't diminished.
    I highly doubt Bliss vs Trish would have been much to write home about, Stratus retired 12 years ago whereas Alexa talent wise is significantly below the current WWE average. Mickie would have had to put in a Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania VII level performance to get a good match out of Lita in 2018.
    I expect the MYC & NXT matches to outperform everything bar maybe Lynch vs Charlotte which I can see WWE ruining with rotten booking.

Advertisement