Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proposed development of derelict houses in Rush

• 24-07-2018 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

When is this happening? It was supposed to start in 2011.

I heard that it's because of objections from a certain family who own a certain supermarket in the town so the people planning the redevelopment simply gave up on it.
    I also heard it was partly due to the inheritance issue of the thatch cottage beside the old post office.

Is it going ahead or is it dead in the water?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,015 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There were a few previous threads about it - I think this was the last one:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057769394

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Son of a bitch

Thanks Wishbone Ash. I didn't want to bump an old thread. Any ideas of updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,015 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... Any ideas of updates?
    Afraid not. I don't live in Rush anymore so I don't have my ear to the ground as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

There are rumours going about again this could start in next few months.

If they are untrue I hope Fingal go and purchase the site or put in place some by-law to force owners to develop it or put severe penalties in place.

Seems such a shame when you see how hard tidy towns have worked and the improvements Fingal CC have made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Construction costs are only going in one direction at the moment and that's up. If the current owners haven't started by now I doubt they ever will.
    More than likely will be sold on to another developer which would push any start date further away. Terrible that FCC can't insist on the site being cleared and tidied up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

It really does detract from the Main Street... awful to see nothing being done with them.

SmallBalls wrote: »
    More than likely will be sold on to another developer which would push any start date further away. Terrible that FCC can't insist on the site being cleared and tidied up.

They probably can but just wont. A few people have tided it up but it is still an eyesore and would be acted on if in a differnt location. Some politicians need to grow a pair of balls and do something about. Would be a great site for a few old folks cottages with 1 or 2 shops. We have plenty of takeaways so maybe a restaurant would be nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

Big bump. Any news on this?

I heard recently that whatever regulations the owner has are about to expire (in 2021) so hopefully we will see something happen.

Advertisement