Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG runthrough

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

AMKC wrote: »
    I don't think that was Deanna's fault. There was not much she could do once it had been hit by the explosion from the other half and then caught in the planets atmosphere.
    True, anyone at the helm would have crashed, I'm just poking fun at Sirtis wanting Troi to be seen as more competent and then her ending up being at the helm when the Enterprise D crashed.

Picard goes on an archaeology chase, data shows a klingon who's boss.

Interesting that the cardassian lady is wearing lipstick and has mad long hair. Dont remember seeing that before

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0861771/?ref_=tt_cl_t11
    another fab actress

is the ancient alien the Founder actress???
    haha it is her. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0421300/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8
    Maybe she is a Founder in this as well :eek: :eek: FOUNDERS CREATED US ALL

bluewolf wrote: »
    Interesting that the cardassian lady is wearing lipstick and has mad long hair. Dont remember seeing that before
    Most of the Cardassian women wear lipstick from what I remember but usually more earthy or green colours than Gul Ocett's but none of those were in the military either.

A few examples
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Gilora_Rejal
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Natima_Lang
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Korinas

Ah yeah i was thinking the mad red colour was unusual specifically

Hate these mind-bendy episodes just because they freak me out - riker was kidnapped and mentally imprisoned for info. reminds me of o'briens one though at least riker wasn't stuck for 20 years

'jean-luc, there may have been a murder'
    'wow, pity we don't have security cams, because you're not allowed to do an autopsy'

Worf sleeps in and riker calls a security team to his quarters straight away
    But kahless has just shown up so i guess it was a good day to sleep in!

• Advertisement

Riker has a duplicate now. I wonder if this is going to turn out to be evil riker from ds9 since i don't remember the origin at all

Riker has a duplicate now. I wonder if this is going to turn out to be evil riker from ds9 since i don't remember the origin at all
    I wouldn't call him evil but that's him.

He's a twin and we know riker is good so he's the evil twin in my head :p

Yeah they revealed it at the end of the ep. That he is thomas

I have to say, the romulan temporal mystery epsiode was very good indeed

Yeah they revealed it at the end of the ep.

I like that one too, it even brings up continuity asking Troi about Romulan Warbirds. It also has the only appearance of the main cabin of the runabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Inviere

Yeah they revealed it at the end of the ep. That he is thomas

I’m guaranteed to laugh out loud at Data’s face when he reacts to Picard talking slow in jest at some professor. Cracks me up every single time.

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »
    I’m guaranteed to laugh out loud at Data’s face when he reacts to Picard talking slow in jest at some professor. Cracks me up every single time.
    Troi's impression of the professor interested in interspecies mating is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

That's the time-freeze episode? Great one alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,044 ✭✭✭Daith

Goodshape wrote: »
    That's the time-freeze episode? Great one alright.

The ep where Troi explains the workings of Romulan ship to Data and Geordi. Marina Sirtis thinks that scene is hilarious.

Data goes psycho and joins lore and the borg.
    I thought lore was dead

Data goes psycho and joins lore and the borg.
    I thought lore was dead
    That's exactly what he wanted you to think.

Data has bad dreams and geordi finds out what it's like to have someone with a crush on you following you around the place.
    Maybe she'll make a holodeck copy of him

But wait! Maybe this is all a dream

No, there really are magic invisible space monsters trying to kill us. Haha

Warp ia breaking space! Everyone is restricted to Warp 5 forever or it'll break a planet too.
    I wonder if this is a climate change episode

Next up: Star Trek: The Core
    Let's shoot it to get it working again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Warp ia breaking space! Everyone is restricted to Warp 5 forever or it'll break a planet too.
    I wonder if this is a climate change episode

Thinking back, this really is a climate change episode. I wonder what Picard and Co would think of the protestors we have over here daily in London at the moment.

This episode felt like it could have been a big lead in to a much larger storyline (a la Babylon 5) but they just moved along scarcely mentioning it again.

Yeah "i wonder why I was so resistant to listening" and "it's ok captain we still have time to make it ok somehow".
    I was thinking i never heard much about it again all right!
    Imagine them voyager lads calcing their journey time at warp 5 lol

Thinking back, this really is a climate change episode. I wonder what Picard and Co would think of the protestors we have over here daily in London at the moment.

This episode felt like it could have been a big lead in to a much larger storyline (a la Babylon 5) but they just moved along scarcely mentioning it again.
    There was a plan to have the movable nacelles on Voyager be the Federation's answer to this problem which would have been fine except the USS Intrepid is mentioned in this episode so it had most likely already been invented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yeah "i wonder why I was so resistant to listening" and "it's ok captain we still have time to make it ok somehow".
    I was thinking i never heard much about it again all right!

At warp 5 it would have taking Voyager the best part of a century or two to get home so it would become a multi generational ship. Each warp factor increases the speed of travel by a factor of 10 I think.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The "warp speed disintegrates space" was and still is a great concept that could be stretched out into an arc, it's a shame no one ever grasped it. Would have made a change from the ubiquitous war plots.

pixelburp wrote: »
    The "warp speed disintegrates space" was and still is a great concept that could be stretched out into an arc, it's a shame no one ever grasped it. Would have made a change from the ubiquitous war plots.
    I could see it turning into a war anyway. Not everyone would want to give up warp drive and those that did would be easy targets. The soliton wave system could pick up some slack but that's a bit like relying on public transport to replace your car. There's also the moral question that the Federation has access to a way to prevent warp travel entirely, they could Omega particle explosion everywhere in the galaxy.

Ms

Evade wrote: »
    I could see it turning into a war anyway. Not everyone would want to give up warp drive and those that did would be easy targets. The soliton wave system could pick up some slack but that's a bit like relying on public transport to replace your car. There's also the moral question that the Federation has access to a way to prevent warp travel entirely, they could Omega particle explosion everywhere in the galaxy.

No one was saying they had to give up warp drive do just go slower. So there max would have to be warp 5 at least until they found a solution which starfleet did with the warp nacelles on the Intrepid class and other ship's after it like the Sovereign class.
    I do think the Klingons and the Romulans might not have been too happy about it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Inviere

Wasn't Voyager's warp system not designed though to not be harmful, hence the tilted nacelles?

Wasn't Voyager's warp system not designed though to not be harmful, hence the tilted nacelles?

Honestly don't remember - didn't remember anything about the nacelles.
    It's been longer since i've seen it than tng!

AMKC wrote: »
    No one was saying they had to give up warp drive do just go slower. So there max would have to be warp 5 at least until they found a solution which starfleet did with the warp nacelles on the Intrepid class and other ship's after it like the Sovereign class.
    I do think the Klingons and the Romulans might not have been too happy about it.
    I haven't seen the episode in a while but I'm pretty sure the scientist that killed herself said that. Traveling at warp 5 still did damage just not as much.

I love how Starfleet are so good at engineering they had already implemented a solution to a problem almost no one foresaw.

Ms

Yes they were. Think they are called variable geometry nacelles or some fancy name like that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

"not only does she age in appearance like data..."
    Oh crafty sneaking that in there.

Juliana showed up. Couldn't remember why i was suspicious of her!

Tell her she's on android. God. What is troi on about "you're robbing her". Come on deanna you know better than that

• Advertisement

"not only does she age in appearance like data..."
    Oh crafty sneaking that in there.
    If Data was ever to return I wouldn't mind if they dropped the makeup altogether for the benefit of the actor and write it off as a fashion thing like his streak of grey in All Good Things.

Tell her she's on android. God. What is troi on about "you're robbing her". Come on deanna you know better than that
    Didn't the Soong hologram say she'd shut down if she ever found out she was an android?

Advertisement