Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Outdoor Venue Owners Here?

Options
  • 24-07-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking to chat with individuals who own, or operate, within the outdoor leisure area. Anything from teaching surfing on a beach to bringing groups on a walk in the hills. Big or small, it doesn't matter.

Why?

I've been working and growing a concept for ~18 months now. It is operational but we're just hitting some resistance / plateauing in terms of our marketing and outreach. We're just not selling ourselves right I feel. Hence I'd like to chat with individuals are a) in the sector and b) who would be open to giving their feedback on how we currently present ourselves.

I'm happy to converse over email or give you a quick ring, would mean a lot to myself.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

presume you have training in what you do, is there local enterprise that you can call in and get advice, outdoors in Ireland is very tricky given short summers and weather depending on what you do id imagine, also my guess your targeting more tourists, i know its not advice you asked but just trying to give some info on options before someone experienced shows up, since clearly if you been at it for almost 2 years you know what your doing but lack clientele which is always a huge burden for many in any business.

just my 1c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks for the reply scamalert, it's not my first time at this particular rodeo and we have enjoyed some success. What we're doing now is a hard focus on what we are doing, what is working, what we think isn't working and using this as a feedback loop.

The honest answer as to why I'm asking here is I need someone who's open to having a chat and is opened minded about the concept, in effect, I'm not pitching to them, I'm asking for their feedback. You'd be amazed how many businesses in Ireland will tell you No (And worse) to your face but not take the 30 seconds to tell you why. It's that 'why' we are trying to scope.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

As above I am not in that sector so cant give you the feedback you require. But just from a feedback point of view have you looked it from the customer side of things?

As a customer maybe your marketing isn't appealing or giving the right message to convert to sales - maybe its not just the channels you are using etc which is why I gather you are looking to speak to others in the industry.

Have you done any focus groups to see what people/potential customers think of the current marketing?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

I operate within the outdoor activity sector for the past 10 years, feel free to get in touch.

Advertisement