Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

45 is obviously an unhinged simpleton who has been able to bumble through life courtesy of the large silver spoon shoved in his mouth. I can almost forgive the one man for his endless stupidity and malice. He has no moral barometer, as he never had the need for one. It was always about 'Me', nothing more.

What I can never forgive, and I hope Americans feel the same, is the cowering GOP who continue to stay quiet in the face of the most damaging Presidency in American history. This is a whole cabal of complicit, seasoned politicians who can't see beyond their own self interest. I hope that history judges them harshly for what they are and for what they have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

amandstu wrote: »
    How likely is it that he will drag the "GOP" down with him as he disappears under the slurry?.

Probably not very. You have 2 options in the US and they aren't going to vote for a dem.

They will likely take a hit but within the decade they will be back. Probably after complaining about the recession the Dems get stuck with because it turns out you can just keep borrowing money to fund tax cuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,040 ✭✭✭✭Penn

seamus wrote: »
    This is Alex Jones-level stuff.

The only two possibilities here:

1. He thinks that 3,000 number is a lie and they didn't really die in a hurricane. In which case...holy ****

He doesn't understand that the number doesn't just relate to the hurricane event, but also to those who died from illness as a direct result of the hurricane, which was compounded by the lack of aid received to restore power and infrastructure to PR, identify and treat illnesses more efficiently, and provide more clean food and water (as evident by the recent picture of thousands of bottles on clean water sitting on a runway in PR which were never distributed).

FEMA went in after the hurricane, DT got his photo op throwing kitchen roll to devastated victims of the hurricane, then they all f*cked off back home because the mayor of their capital city had to audacity to say something negative about Trump. Many (not all) of the deaths could have been prevented with proper and sufficient help. DJT knows 3,000 died. He just doesn't think it's his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He totally does understand, he simply doesn't care. He is saying that they are counting people who died of old age in the number, so they would have died anyway!

Of course, he totally fails to even consider that the response and follow up were shambolic, although even as late as yesterday he was claiming that since PR is a island it was always going to be difficult - which therefore acknowledges that things could be better!

(stealing this some someone else, who I can recall at the moment). Trump is claiming that since PR is an island it is too difficult to deal with. Yet this is the man that thinks a Space force is a good idea. Wait until he finds out how far the moon is!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's kinda farcical that Boards.ie can claim to have better, more rigorous standards of reason and accuracy with current affairs than the US President. If I posted here, claiming the 3,000 that died in Porto Rico was a Democrat conspiracy, I'd be (rightly) warned by moderators, and booted off towards the Conspiracy Theory forum. Not before being roundly corrected / condemned mind you.

Like Leroy said, Trump knows full well the figure is about deaths related to the hurricane, not the immediate event at the time. But again, I feel like this all speaks to the general apathy towards PR; it's still morning-lunch time in the US to be fair - so maybe it hasn't had time to percolate through the discourse - but I can't help but feel if this was Texas or Florida the nation would be more incensed than it is / should be over Trumps behaviour towards Porto Rico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

From the moment the story of the 3000 or so deaths broke several days ago I was utterly convinced this denial would come. With trump being the way he is there was no other course of action for him, it had to be the "fake news / Dem lies" angle.

Anything that does not reflect well on 45 in his eyes has to be fake or a conspiracy against him, because his incessant deep rooted narcissism means he cannot comprehend a world in which he is not infallible and the best thing since sliced bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

This is just me but I feel like the media has done a bad job with the PR coverage also, it seems to disappear from the headlines until Trump tweets about it.

This probably says more about the attention deficit news cycle where stuff gets forgotten easily but if it's twice as bad as Katrina it should be getting more coverage.

Trump's response is abhorrent of course. But PR seems to have been all but forgotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭circadian

This is just me but I feel like the media has done a bad job with the PR coverage also, it seems to disappear from the headlines until Trump tweets about it.

This probably says more about the attention deficit news cycle where stuff gets forgotten easily but if it's twice as bad as Katrina it should be getting more coverage.

Trump's response is abhorrent of course. But PR seems to have been all but forgotten.

Looking at the bigger picture there's only so much that can be covered in any given day, at at the minute this administration is burying breaking news with breaking news. There's barely any time or space for any sort of analysis.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's kinda farcical that Boards.ie can claim to have better, more rigorous standards of reason and accuracy with current affairs than the US President. If I posted here, claiming the 3,000 that died in Porto Rico was a Democrat conspiracy, I'd be (rightly) warned by moderators, and booted off towards the Conspiracy Theory forum. Not before being roundly corrected / condemned mind you.

Like Leroy said, Trump knows full well the figure is about deaths related to the hurricane, not the immediate event at the time. But again, I feel like this all speaks to the general apathy towards PR; it's still morning-lunch time in the US to be fair - so maybe it hasn't had time to percolate through the discourse - but I can't help but feel if this was Texas or Florida the nation would be more incensed than it is / should be over Trumps behaviour towards Porto Rico.

I dont tweet or for that matter comment much on anyones Tweets as I dont follow anyones twitter feed, but I imagine that sort of claim (by a moderator and all )would give one of Donald Trumps tweets a run for his money ...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I don't have any expertise in that field but mental illness seems to be a bit of a stretch. I think he's just a narcissist which I'm not sure is an illness but more of a personality type.

Nope. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is very much a mental illness. It's one of the hardest ones to treat, because it requires the sufferer to admit that they have a problem that they need to address, and narcissists don't admit to having anything wrong with them. I (unfortunately) have personal experience dealing with a malignant narcissist, and Trump fits the pattern perfectly.

The simplistic definition of whether or not someone is sane is: can they distinguish what's objectively real from what's going on in their own head? I don't think there can be any question about what the answer is where Trump is concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

The difference being that conspiracies spouted by Trump and his supporters have very little factual basis.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    I dont tweet or for that matter comment much on anyones Tweets as I dont follow anyones twitter feed, but I imagine that sort of claim (by a moderator and all )would give one of Donald Trumps tweets a run for his money ...

You're going to claim that Trump's tweets are rigorous and accurate?

What am I saying, of course you are. I'll let you back to your Kool-aid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This forum emphasises citation and proof over patently false, conspiratorial claims about thousands of dead US citizens being a falsehood. Trumps tweet is no more intellectually valid than an Alex Jones / Info Wars podcast.

Do you have proof of what Trump is saying? Does he, do you think?

Still waiting to hear your thoughts on his previous tweet about the DoJ colluding with Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Avenatti is on Tucker's show this eve.

Can't wait to see Avenatti tear him a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »
    Avenatti is on Tucker's show this eve.

Can't wait to see Avenatti tear him a new one

Is it live or pre-recorded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Actors who play the role of president on TV shows have been held to higher standards of behavior than this real life president...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I was just wondering how poor auld Rigolo would spin that demonstrably insane pair of tweets about Puerto Rico today, looks like the clever boy is going with the "Twitter?Tweets? I dont tweet or follow any twitter tweets? Whats a tweet? I couldnt possibly comment..." defence.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Thargor wrote: »
    I was just wondering how poor auld Rigolo would spin that demonstrably insane pair of tweets about Puerto Rico today, looks like the clever boy is going with the "Twitter?Tweets? I dont tweet or follow any twitter tweets? Whats a tweet? I couldnt possibly comment..." defence.
    I didnt make my comment in defense of any tweets about Puerto Rico.
    I made my comment in reference to 
    pixelburp said:
    It's kinda farcical that Boards.ie can claim to have better, more rigorous standards of reason and accuracy with current affairs than the US President.

You should probably have read the original post and gotten your facts straight instead of jumping on the click bait to confirm your bias. 
    But you did do one think .. you confirmed what I was saying.

Would you care to?

I made my comment in reference to 
    pixelburp said:
    It's kinda farcical that Boards.ie can claim to have better, more rigorous standards of reason and accuracy with current affairs than the US President.

You should probably have read the original post and gotten your facts straight instead of jumping on the click bait to confirm your bias. 
    But you did do one think .. you confirmed what I was saying.

You going to bother? You seem happy to play the slighted innocent, when all people are curious is how you're squaring Trumps accusation of 3000 fake deaths as a supporter. You're happy to celebrate 600 days in office, but sidestepping any actual debate. Then affecting offence when people get impatient at obvious obfuscation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Penn wrote: »
    Trust Don to save us from "is what we're complaining about too petty" and give us something that we can surely all agree is disgusting

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040217897703026689

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040220855400386560

The part missing from his tweets is that he wasn't in PR when the hurricane hit it, just that he arrived and left PR AFTER the hurricane had been and gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Would you care to?

He will in his hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Maybe tomorrow, those 3000 deaths aren't real people. Actors paid for by the deep state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Thargor wrote: »

I believe they call it the Paul Ryan technique

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I know we sound a bit like a broken record at this stage but can you imagine Obama wrote that tweet while in office and how the Republicans and right wing media would have reacted..

Alex Jones would have been calling on his followers to attack the white house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Reports that Manafort has agreed a deal with Mueller so the 2nd trial won't go ahead..

Unclear if its:

a) just a plea deal for a reduced sentence

b) Flipper!!!

Mr Trump's Tweets in the next hours should elucidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Reports that Manafort has agreed a deal with Mueller so the 2nd trial won't go ahead..

Unclear if its:

a) just a plea deal for a reduced sentence

b) Flipper!!!

Mr Trump's Tweets in the next hours should elucidate.

It's still a bit concerning that he a Trump are part of a joint defense agreement. That means that Trump's and Manafort's legal team can exchange information. The linked article is by Natasha Bertrand who has been very impressive over the past two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Anderson Cooper tearing Trump apart on PR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Trump has never been a saint. Far from it. But I think 80s/90s Trump would be embarressed by President Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Whether the deal includes cooperation is not clear yet.

Mueller has all the cards - hard to see why he would accept a non co-op deal.

However, Manafort is in big with some very shady characters. Without being sensationalistic, I'd imagine any co-op deal would have to factor that in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement