Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

RIGOLO wrote: »
    It doesnt look like you had a point to make there, other than rolling out the old 'bot' accusation. 
    Thats been done, before , many times. 
    If it floats your boat then can I suggest next time you just Private Message me with 'your a bot barb' , rather than taking up space on the Politics thread. 
    And if thats still doesnt stop the 'bot accusations , and cut and paste jibes' then I will let you know that they do bring a smile to my face. I find those accusations very amusing. So perhaps thats enough reason for you to desist. Again in everyones interest Id prefer the thread werent taken up with those wasteful posts.

Maybe if you bothered to actually discuss the content of Trumps words and political actions instead of writing obviously unbiased hagiographies, people wouldn't call you a bot. You've been asked for your thoughts on recent items such as his claim about 3,000 'fake' deaths - repeatedly - and just ignore the requests, acting like this isn't an important aspect of an American President. Discussion swings both ways. :)

If you persist in being a hurler from the ditch on this thread, ignoring actual discussion of Trumps actions, then this is what happens. Unless you think his performance with Hurriance Maria was "A+" but it's not like you share this opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

602 days, 21 hours , 7 mins and 8 secs and counting, days in which Donald Trump has been President of the United States.
    Its over folks, Mullers probe is a busted flush, he shook the tree and he caught a few apples mainly Manafort and Cohen and those cases are pretty much wrapped up.

Wow! Are you getting your news from Giuliani? If not, I'd love to know how one can come to that conclusion given what just happened.

I would genuinely like to hear any real trump supporters thoughts on the amount of criminals trump has/had in his campaign and administration. There's far too many dodgy characters involved for any sane person to think trump is innocent.
    These are the best people in his words. Either they all fooled him, which makes him incredibly gullible and naive, or he's a total crook himself who surrounded himself with fellow crooks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's very easy being a sh*tposter. Ignore the content of posts, dispute sources, refuse to engage, drag the thread OT by getting hung up on minor points, debate those endlessly and, of course, take massive umbrage at perceived slights and throw a hissy fit.
    As a pro-tip I would suggest make your point, reply to serious questions about it and do not waste 5 pages to try and convince an obvious piss taker who is playing silly buggers.
    Remember, you're not trying to convince people who don't want to be convinced, but everyone else who reads this thread.
    Because the aim of the sh*tposter is to start a 5 page debate that will bore and frustrate everyone who might be interested and get them to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

I think that this presidency and Trump in particular is the best thing that could ever have happened at this period in our lives. Society has been moving on fairly nicely the last few decades and there was always going to be a backlash. It has been bubbling for a while and Trump has allowed those that couldn't or didn't want to, rise from the swamp.

What it means for the rest is that it shows the true colours of so many people. In time we will look back at this period as a set back but something that was necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

listermint wrote: »
    We've already had jail terms handed out.

Where have you been?

On RT?

Jail terms yes, for unrelated matters. No Americans have been indicted for anything to do with "Russian collusion". As for your RT snipe.

https://twitter.com/nprpolitics/status/1040640794091237376

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,631 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Manafort will cooperate on any questions asked. Putting out anything else is nonsense, but simply put there for Trump's ears.
    What's a 'person familiar with the case' Guiliani?

Water John wrote: »
    Manafort will cooperate on any questions asked. Putting out anything else is nonsense, but simply put there for Trump's ears.
    What's a 'person familiar with the case' Guiliani?

I haven't denied that, what I said originally is that these so called bombshells have been hyped up time and time again resulting in nothing so I'll await with baited breath to see if it brings out anything about Russian collusion with the Trump campaign this time. Apparently Listermint found my reply offensive or not "Anti Trump enough" or something since he replied with the "RT" quip, so I posted the NPR twitter post as a retort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

2 Scoops wrote: »
    I haven't denied that, what I said originally is that these so called bombshells have been hyped up time and time again resulting in nothing so I'll await with baited breath to see if it brings out anything about Russian collusion with the Trump campaign this time. Apparently Listermint found my reply offensive or not "Anti Trump enough" or something since he replied with the "RT" quip, so I posted the NPR twitter post as a retort.

What are you talking about? His son has admitted to colluding with Russia along with campaign members. What evidence are you waiting on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Jail terms yes, for unrelated matters. No Americans have been indicted for anything to do with "Russian collusion"

Even if there never will be any, does it matter at this stage when you look at the amount of plea deals and convinctions in the immediate orbit of the current US administration? It's like people are ignoring this because it's nothing to do with Russia and therefore it's a non issue. It's bizarre head in the sand stuff.

• Advertisement

What are you talking about? His son has admitted to colluding with Russia along with campaign members. What evidence are you waiting on?

Show me what crime he committed, talking to people from Russia isn't illegal.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Even if there never will be any, does it matter at this stage when you look at the amount of plea deals and convinctions in the immediate orbit of the current US administration? It's like people are ignoring this because it's nothing to do with Russia and therefore it's a non issue. It's bizarre head in the sand stuff.

If the same amount of scrutiny was applied to other campaigns ( Podesta's shady lobbying firm as an example ) similar indictments would be brought. Please don't act like Washington and the people connected around it are squeaky clean, that truly is head in the sand stuff.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

If the same amount of scrutiny was applied to other campaigns ( Podesta's shady lobbying firm as an example ) similar indictments would be brought. Please don't act like Washington and the people connected around it are squeaky clean, that truly is head in the sand stuff.

I see the "collusion isn't a crime" and "Mueller is a Democrat stooge (despite being a Republican)" talking points are in full flow.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I see the "collusion isn't a crime" and "Mueller is a Democrat stooge (despite being a Republican)" talking points are in full flow.

Still waiting for proof of the collusion 2 years later, clickbait headlines and selective hysteria won't do it for me. In fact the majority of Americans don't believe it happened.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/25/632109122/npr-pbs-newshour-marist-poll-americans-dont-think-trump-is-tough-enough-on-russi

"Most Americans don't believe that Trump has done something illegal in regards to his dealings with Russia and Putin. But just over a quarter think that he at least did something unethical. Those views, too, change along partisan lines."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Collusion is the end game.

As is obstruction.

How can people not see that?

Until then, Mueller continues to circle the smaller fish, working up the food chain until he gets enough facts from multiple sources to make a compelling case.

All those who doubt that, including Rigalo, can take me up on that wager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

You do realise the investigation is ongoing? Mueller doesn't make public announcements when he finds a bit of evidence.

Trump is at the top of the pyramid. If there's proof he colluded with the Russians you'll find out what that is at the same time as the rest of us, once the investigation is concluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I surprised to see whataboutery.

Make up your mind. Are you looking for collusion or crime?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

602 days, 21 hours , 7 mins and 8 secs and counting, days in which Donald Trump has been  President of the United States. 
    Its over folks, Mullers probe is a busted flush, he shook the tree and he caught a few apples mainly Manafort and Cohen and those cases are pretty much wrapped up. 

Mueller thought he would scare the Trump administration into some gaff on whihc he could hang an impeachment but nada, nothing.  
    And if there was any evidence they could lay at Trumps door they would already be doing it, instead all they got is a few plea bargains mostly for offences comitted prior to 2015. A junior legal team and sixth amendment rights would nullify any case Mueller would even attempt to bring against Trump. Thats why Mueller aint pulled the trigger yet, he knows he has nothing. All he can do is drag up old dirt, and let the media and the left anti-Trump posters feed their Trump derangment syndrome . 

Democrats are up the creek without a paddle, instead of coming up with a policy, (off the top of your heads anyone know what the Democrats message for the mid-terms and 2020 is... correct they havent one, the msg was get Trump out) , all they did was get back into bed with the main stream media and take wild pop shots and hope they hit something. 
    Meanwhile the Trump adminstration has achieved progress on many fronts and taken ownership of many issues that Obama left either unresolved or in a mess. 
    Its working out fine, play the long game, the longer Trump administration is in office, the longer Democrats and the left are digging themselves a hole.

Progressive left candidates are not making the breakthrough in the DNC as expected, all they are doing is confusing the American electorate. 

Meanwhile the economy is booming and Im betting when the voters go to the polls in the mid-terms , no matter what they said on a poll, or say to their friends or express publicly , they will think about their pay checks, their 401ks and the pay checks of the other members in their families and they will tick a GOP box. 
    602 days, 21 hours , 21 mins and 15 secs and counting, days in which Donald Trump has been President of the United States.......

What's in the "many fronts, many issues" successes?

I want to see if the Trump campaign coordinated or made an agreement with Russian officials about the hacking of the DNC/Podesta and subsequent dump of the emails online. That's been the major accusation from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I want to see if the Trump campaign coordinated or made an agreement with Russian officials about the hacking of the DNC/Podesta and subsequent dump of the emails online. That's been the major accusation from the start.

Would you be happy with the public invite Don made to the Russian Govt to hack the DNC, said party being part of the US democratic election system - as is the GOP? Do you think that could NOT be read as co-ordination between Don [and his planned future US Government administration] with the Russian Government?

If you don't think so, have you considered asking GOP voters if they thought what Don asked for from the Russian Govt was acceptable to a party dedicated to US sovereignty?

so you're only interested in one particular crime. You don't mind the rest of the collusion and crimes committed by campaign staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

DE3vnt8VYAAez5w.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

oscarBravo wrote: »

Fact is this is a Republican probe started by a guy who Trump himself nominated.

If the Dems take the house then investigations into Trump and his campaign team will ramp up significantly. As I posted the other week the Republican party are already bracing themselves for over a dozen different investigations https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107971845&postcount=2473

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It doesnt look like you had a point to make there, other than rolling out the old 'bot' accusation. 
    Thats been done, before , many times. 
    If it floats your boat then can I suggest next time you just Private Message me with 'your a bot barb' , rather than taking up space on the Politics thread. 
    And if thats still doesnt stop the 'bot accusations , and cut and paste jibes' then I will let you know that they do bring a smile to my face. I find those accusations very amusing. So perhaps thats enough reason for you to desist. Again in everyones interest Id prefer the thread werent taken up with those wasteful posts.
    I didnt call you a bot in that post you quoted though? Freudian slip? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

It is odd as Trump supporters seemed to have completely backed themselves into this one area. It seems that nothing else is a bother to them, nothing else should even be questioned. Until and unless Trump is found to have colluded with Putin then nothing else is a problem.

Which is really strange, because no-one, anywhere, ever claimed HC was colluding with Russia, in fact the exact opposite. So surely on the very basis of your own position, HC should not have even been questioned about anything else.

Why do you stand by a man that stabbed the US intelligence agency in the back? That divulged Israeli secret service operations to the Russians in the Oval office? That has tried to obstruct justice on a number of occasions, but most recently trying to curry favour with the Manafort jury during deliberations?

That has lied to cover up for his son, wasn't HC labelled an enabler for not going all out on BC?

A man that, either through incompetence or deliberate (so either too naive to know what is going on and thus a clear threat to the USA or simply a clear threat to the USA) was surrounded by many that have been convicted of working with foreign governments to their advantage and the disadvantage of the US?

A man that makes light of the death of 3000 US citizens. Rather than showing compassion that they died, wanted to get into a political fight. A man that couldn't even offer condolences to the passing of a war hero and senior Senator, a man that gave his whole life in service to the US.

If Mueller does show collusion, will that really be enough for you to accept or don't you think you will really try to find someone else to blame. Ivanka maybe, or Melania, or maybe Obama made him do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,119 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It is odd as Trump supporters seemed to have completely backed themselves into this one area. It seems that nothing else is a bother to them, nothing else should even be questioned. Until and unless Trump is found to have colluded with Putin then nothing else is a problem.

It's the equivalent of "It's OK if the President and associates have committed multiples crimes and felonies as long as it isn't that one crime"

It's not a rational position to have. There is no excuse for that kind of irrational thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,631 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The standard Trump supporters are now setting is the evidence of collusion must be a signed agreement with Trunp's and Putin's signatures. Nothing less will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

smurgen wrote: »
    You sound like Chemical Ali

I'm actually amazed at this point more people don't do what I do and simply scroll past those posts, there's never actually anything there and it never engages in good faith discussion. Pointless exercise really, but sure each to their own I'm not criticising or suggesting anybody should ignore said account, just an observation that came to mind when I saw your response.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Water John wrote: »
    The standard Trump supporters are now setting is the evidence of collusion must be a signed agreement with Trunp's and Putin's signatures. Nothing less will do.

Nah, they'd argue that either Hillary or Obama forged the document. That's the world we live in now, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement