Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Whoever told Flake he has a chance of becoming president must be doing a banter. Where on earth is his base? The man is loathed by the right and left for constantly flipping on issues. He pretty much always votes for Trump while still grifting about how he stands up to him:pac:

That might be up there in stupidity as Bill Kristol supposedly considering a run in 2020:P

Considering there isn't a strong dem candidate yet, Flake could be targeting the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump you can see the appeal even if you find his politics loathsome. Bill Kristol or Jeff Flake are just awful and they don't get a pass because they say mean things about Trump.

I do think Trump been challenged in a primary is the way to go for the republicans, but they need to find someone who actually might connect with people. Those two would probably do more harm than good tbh.

Trump won't be there in 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trump you can see the appeal even if you find his politics loathsome. Bill Kristol or Jeff Flake are just awful and they don't get a pass because they say mean things about Trump.

I do think Trump been challenged in a primary is the way to go for the republicans, but they need to find someone who actually might connect with people. Those two would probably do more harm than good tbh.

But you are looking at Trump as of now. Go back to 2014 or 2015 and look at it from that perspective.

Or Obama in 2006.

As for flip flopping on positions, well Trump is the perfect example of that. For nearly every position he claims to hold now, there are tweets or interviews of him saying the opposite previously.

The GOP supporters won't be voting on a person because of their position anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Considering there isn't a strong dem candidate yet, Flake could be targeting the centre.

He actually needs Trump to be there in 2020 as what would be the point in challenging Pence? He'd be steam rolled.
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Trump won't be there in 2020.

That's a very good point, see above.:o

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But you are looking at Trump as of now. Go back to 2014 or 2015 and look at it from that perspective.

Or Obama in 2006.

As for flip flopping on positions, well Trump is the perfect example of that. For nearly every position he claims to hold now, there are tweets are interviews of him saying the opposite previously.

The GOP supporters won't be voting on a person because of their position anyway.

Oh yeah Trump flips on everything. However what is crucial for a politician he has serious charisma and the ability to connect with people. Flake is just a crap politician, unpopular with both sides, and absolutely zero charisma and lets be honest is quitting in 2018, because Trump or no Trump he would be out on his arse. :p

Who the **** gets excited about Jeff Flake?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/16/opinion/christine-blasey-ford-kavanaugh-vote-delay.html

Pretty solid article on Kavanaugh right now. The author has defended him previously and leans to the right as he has been published in the NRO etc so nobody can say its a dem hit piece or any such bollocks.

Its political suicide to try and force this through and more importantly unfair on the accuser and Kavanaugh himself not to try and clear this up.

• Advertisement

I know the GOP is not adverse to hypocrisy, but if they forced Franken to resign over what he did....

I know the GOP is not adverse to hypocrisy, but if they forced Franken to resign over what he did....

There is a difference though. They had evidence that Franken did it and Franken admitted to it.

Kavannagh has denied it completely. I fully agree that the whole thing should be postponed until at least she is allowed to give her statement etc but they are different cases.

There is a difference though. They had evidence that Franken did it and Franken admitted to it.

Kavannagh has denied it completely. I fully agree that the whole thing should be postponed until at least she is allowed to give her statement etc but they are different cases.

Sorry. Should have finished that sentence!

If they forced Franken to resign, they should at least investigate the accusations fully or else they are hypocritical for saying that they care about sexual misconduct, alleged or otherwise

My my....

This is classy!

You know the sh1t gets real when this is what KAH has to say about it..

Kellyanne Conway on Fox: Kavanugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford "should not be ignored and should not be insulted. She should be heard."

Granted - that is what a normal, human response should be. But this is KAH and so I for one, am stunned..

Don't fall for that line.

KAC has come out with this rubbish nearly everytime something like this comes up. She wants the women to be heard, they must be respected.

And then goes back to the WH to help set up the policy of how SHS and the other players are going to send out the message that each and every person is a closet Democrat and simply in it for the fame and/or money or because Trump didn't give them a job.

KAC is simply playing the role that Ivanka did for the campaign, trying to portray a feminine side to the admin.

It is total BS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My my....

This is classy!

Utterly disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Franken never admitted to it is my recollection. I don't want to get into this big time here as it's a little off topic but I think Bill Maher did a piece on it recently which some might be interested in

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

My my....

This is classy!

Good Lord , he truly is repugnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Are you referring to the picture? I'm not sure that had any real affect on his resignation tbh. As in, if that was all there was, I don't think he would have resigned. His downfall were the accusations that came after that.

Other than the pic, I believe everything else was a case of he said she said?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

My my....

This is classy!

Is that real, he can't possibly have put that out there? I know he's dumb, but that would be next level stupid

Is that real, he can't possibly have put that out there? I know he's dumb, but that would be next level stupid

It is currently on his Instagram account

Edit - here you go

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnwjBsVnSN1/?hl=en&taken-by=donaldjtrumpjr

https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/1041692252031074304

is this the pre-cursor to the withdrawal of nominee???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Didn't Trump Jr's mother accuse Donald of violently raping her over a bad hair transplant? There has to be something seriously wrong in his head.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Didn't Trump Jr's mother accuse Donald of violently raping her over a bad hair transplant? There has to be something seriously wrong in his head.
    Well you know if you're famous you simply grab them by the pussy...

And remember we're talking about a narcissist here who believes what ever is in his mind; ergo even if they would scream and say no they are faking it because who could refuse the Trump? And that's the people of America voted in to office because somehow Hillary would have been worse.

is this the pre-cursor to the withdrawal of nominee???

Absolutely not. The WH and the GOP have already pinned everything on doing whatever was required in getting Kavanaugh nominated, and the WH spokesperson said "On Friday, Judge Kavanaugh ‘categorically and unequivocally’ denied this allegation. This has not changed. Judge Kavanaugh and the White House both stand by that statement."

More likely they're trying to come up with a joint strategy in how to deal with the accusation, so the WH can come out in force behind him and push him through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Swore to it in court but backed off calling it 'rape' and just said he was being rough.

https://thedailybanter.com/2018/02/donald-trump-hair-rape-ivana/

Apparently he was in some pain due to hair transplant, which was done by Ivana's plastic surgeon, and wanted Ivana to feel the pain he was going through.

The POTUS. Sharing his pain with his wife, violently. #MAGA

Penn wrote: »
    Absolutely not. The WH and the GOP have already pinned everything on doing whatever was required in getting Kavanaugh nominated, and the WH spokesperson said "On Friday, Judge Kavanaugh ‘categorically and unequivocally’ denied this allegation. This has not changed. Judge Kavanaugh and the White House both stand by that statement."

More likely they're trying to come up with a joint strategy in how to deal with the accusation, so the WH can come out in force behind him and push him through.

Kavanaugh will step aside by Wednesday at the latest as they simply don't have the numbers to push him through and even if somehow they could unless he is cleared its going to kill the GOP in November. The likes of Collins, Flake and a few others won't vote him through.

Mc Connell probably demanding Trump pushes through hardiman or kethledge as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

The only strategy the R's have left is to railroad this nomination on the basis that "might is right" and the arithmetic is on their side. Except it mightn't be. I'm inclined to agree with Rjd2 - I just can't see Murkowski and Collins going for him now. I think he's done.

He might not make it through the nomination process, but considering the vote is on Thursday iirc, I can't see them withdrawing his nomination or stopping the vote. They likely won't have enough time before the elections to get someone else nominated, and after that, they may not be able to push through anyone from their side of the fence at all.

Then add into that Kavanaugh's opinions on whether a President can be subpoenaed and Manafort now co-operating with Mueller's investigation, I'd say Trump would rather take the chance on Kavanaugh and work on putting pressure on any Rep who is wavering to try get Kavanaugh approved.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens, and maybe I was too quick with the "Absolutely not", but the Republicans have done some amazingly horrifying things in this whole nomination process, including having that statement from 65 of his old female schoolmates ready to go (meaning they knew of the accusation against him). It'll be hugely devastating to them to withdraw him now or delay the vote until after the elections.

Edit: Also, reading on Twitter that journalists have been contacting the 65 women who signed the letter. Only two still support him, more than two declined to answer, and more than two dozen haven't responded. Meanwhile, over 200 of the accuser's former schoolmates have said they support her.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Kavanaugh will step aside by Wednesday at the latest as they simply don't have the numbers to push him through and even if somehow they could unless he is cleared its going to kill the GOP in November. The likes of Collins, Flake and a few others won't vote him through.

Mc Connell probably demanding Trump pushes through hardiman or kethledge as I type.

Kavanaugh will fight this all the way.
    I dont see him stepping aside. He wont taint a distinguished career by letting this accusation go unchallenged.

In his hearings he came across as someone who had admired the Supreme Court, understood its significance and was more than happy to take all the barbs and even verbal attacks on his family to take his seat on it . With all that he aint going to let this alleged attack destroy his one and only chance to get a SCOTUS seat for life.

And Im expecting another masterclass from Chuck Grassley and the other senior and experienced GOP Senate Judicial Committee members to navigate thru this . Trump will lap this up, use it as ammo for his tweets and fight for his guy to get appointed. It sure will be interesting.

Diane Feinstein has done what she does best, enabling the opposition, this has back fired on her completely . Similar to how she led the DNC to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the 2016 Presidential election, she has blown it again. She comes out looking really bad for having withheld this info and the timing of its release, she will get slaughtered by her constituents in an already tight California senate race.

If she had really wanted to derail the appointment , I think the best time to launch this bombshell would have been during the hearings, disrupt them then, it would have forced a postponement , thrown it into disarray and would even have given the Dems time to read the 42,000 pages they were dumped with (by the way did they ever get through them)

Either way Feinsten has shown once again shes not cut out for modern political landscape. Heres hoping she maintains her top spot within they DNC, they aint going anywhere fast with her at the helm.

Rigolo, you don't even seem curious as to whether the allegations are true, just that the GOP will fight them all the way.

Would you really be happy to see someone who has done such a thing get a seat in SCOTUS.

It is telling that instead of looking to get to the bottom of it, you are looking forward to the fight. Truth is irrelevant when there is a fight to be one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

That Don Jr tweet is the product of a diseased mind. He's like a real life Ramsey Bolton and watching his eventual perp walk will be as satisfying as seeing Ramsey's dogs turn on him. I'm surprised though, that Don Sr. hasn't weighed in on this yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The democrats knowing about this for the last 6 weeks and deciding to sit on it until now damages the credibility this of this woman’s accusations and makes it easy for republicans to spin this as a purely political stunt even though i don’t think that’s what it is. I wouldn’t be too hopeful that he won’t be confirmed. I think they’ll delay the vote, listen to this woman’s story and act like they care and then just vote him in anyway. But who know, this has really snowballed and they are in a bit of a no win situation because if they confirm it’ll definitely cost them in the mid terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Diane Feinstein withheld it because the woman in question asked her not to reveal it to anyone.

This is different to Clarence Thomas because times have changed and the understanding of the issue alleged is very different than 1991.

Also, Bret Kavanagh should be afforded the right to innocence until proven otherwise. But he didn't seem to have a great confirmation hearing by most people. Compared to Neil gorsuch he's a poor candidate. Also there is alledgedly a third person involved which is different to other cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Christy42

I don't see this hurting Republicans. We will 10 more Trump scandals by the elections. Nothing will get proven either way, how could it. Republicans didn't care about Trump's accusations so they won't care here.

@ Manic: I don't see San Fran as more extreme. They just seem like a different, dumber form of left wing. Like they took potential left wing policies out of a hat. Boston seemed to model closer to Europe (which admittedly I am biased towards but a quick walk around San Fransisco shows they messed up bad).

Not sure I would move to Boston because of the weather but probably not the Dems fault:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement