Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,631 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Oh these are also 'fake' until they are provided and then you'll still think their fake?

The Senate is unlikely to be flipped in the mid terms. So GOP get to pick the judge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Water John wrote: »
    Oh these are also 'fake' until they are provided and then you'll still think their fake?

it just seems really convenient how long it takes these things to appear, like if theres a tape of something just put it out, don't talk it up for weeks, build hype and then put it out.

we're 2 years into a presidency and they're still finding stuff from years ago that they conveniently 'forgot'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

aloyisious wrote: »
    How will the tariff on imported solar panels. imposed to protect US solar Panel Co jobs, affect you if you choose to buy them? I recall from the time it became an issue some months back that the US Co's were reliant on imports of material from China to make panels in the US, let alone the import of panels hitting the US Co's share of the market in the US.

I have absolutely no clue.

The install makes economic sense for me, or it does not. The fine details as to why they cost what they do are not my concern.

That said, now you've asked me to look it up.
    https://www.seattletimes.com/business/solar-power-industry-in-turmoil-a-half-year-after-u-s-slapped-tariffs-on-imports/

A 30 percent U.S. tariff on imported solar panels put in place last winter should have caused prices here to jump.

But when tariffs are unleashed, as businesses are learning, things don’t always go as expected.

<snip>

The upshot: Prices in the United States now are back where they were last summer and worldwide prices could tumble as much as 35 percent this year, analysts say.

The hearings will be in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is trump trying to deflect ?

He's interfering in the investigation again. The messages he's ordering declassified belong to those he perceives as his enemies in the department of justice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

More deflection as new tariffs on China are announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

it just seems really convenient how long it takes these things to appear, like if theres a tape of something just put it out, don't talk it up for weeks, build hype and then put it out.

we're 2 years into a presidency and they're still finding stuff from years ago that they conveniently 'forgot'

There have been statements from the GOP to the effect that the allegations came out of the blue, yet the GOP has apparently been in contact with 60+ people who were fellow pupils of the Prof and got letters from them in relation to her and the allegation. That seems to me to indicate that the GOP were aware of the allegation for some time prior to the media release of the story and were NOT unaware of the allegation against the judge. Look back to page 222 for reference to the GOP, the letters etc.

To accuse the other party of political shenanigans in respect of the allegations would be unwise of them, even if they withheld their knowledge from their man on the committee, Mitch McConnell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

What stuff are you referring to?

Hearing is this day week. That is next Monday.
    Confused with time zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Nobody forgot it. It was hidden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hurrache wrote: »
    He's interfering in the investigation again. The messages he's ordering declassified belong to those he perceives as his enemies in the department of justice.

Exactly. Him trying to use some of the released texts between Strzok and Page hasn't gained as much traction as he'd like, so now he wants all texts declassified and released so they can find one text in amongst thousands where one of the five says something like "I don't like Trump", and then Trump can use that to try and show how it means they all conspired against him. Even if it means texts which were classified or redacted for reasons of national security get released too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

It's infuriating but I'm less concerned by this now than I was Devin Nunes tried his memo stunt back in Feb. They gave it everything they had back then and got nothing for it. The row of dominoes toppling in front of Mueller means his investigation now enjoys more support than the President.

I'm hoping at some point that there's some tipping point that puts a different complexion on this and it's seen for what it is: obstruction in plain sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I find it funny that he attacks the credibility of his enemies, such as Page, until they say something he likes (when she said there was not enough evidence of collusion some time ago), then of course, they should be believed.

A nice piece from Cooper.

A smackdown on Trump Jr., but done well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

everlast75 wrote: »
    A nice piece from Cooper.

A smackdown on Trump Jr., but done well.

It's ridiculous that time has to be wasted rebutting the lies from Trump and his entourage that they are spouting just to distract from the other lies that they are spouting constantly in order to distract from whatever else they are up to at the time. There isn't really much other option though, and they know it.

robinph wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that time has to be wasted rebutting the lies from Trump and his entourage that they are spouting just to distract from the other lies that they are spouting constantly in order to distract from whatever else they are up to at the time. There isn't really much other option though, and they know it.

I am glad that he stated he deliberated about whether to dignify Trump Jr with a reply. I would have too.

But in Cooper's defence, he said he let a lot of stuff go previously and this was so ridiculous, he felt he had to reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

In some lighter news that could only be possible in a Trump presidency, it is now being alleged by famous adult-entertainment star and noted Trump arse slapper Stormy Daniels, that Trump has an odd shaped penis.
    Daniels writes in a book fittingly titled Full Disclosure. “It has a huge mushroom head. Like a toadstool… I lay there, annoyed that I was getting fucked by a guy with Yeti pubes and a dick like the mushroom character in Mario Kart... It may have been the least impressive sex I’d ever had, but clearly, he didn’t share that opinion.”

I'm not even sure I should even be posting this in Politics but I guess these are the times in which we live.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

After the summer recess, its great to see the mid-terms finally kick off and both sides get down to the final run in.

On the plus side for the Trump administration you have the great economic numbers, China tariffs, NAFTA renegotiated, Opioid crackdown continues, SK-NK historic summit taking place today and add to this the de-classification of documents connected to the FISA warrant.
    Thats giving GOP representatives plenty hard and real positive messages that they can run with in their locale during the last few weeks.

And also on the plus side the Democrats are doing more damage to their credibility and emboldening Republicans to get out and vote. Their handling of the Kavanaugh accusation , and now the exposure that they will get from the FISA docs, well it some ways its a perfect storm that will backfire on them. Plus the Dems continue to confuse the electorate on whether they are progressive or not.

And both of these will give Donald Trump a huge amount of material to take on the road as he increases his campaigning for the mid-terms. We all know what happened the last time he went on the road and motivated a movement, I expect the same in the coming 2 months.

I also expect more disclosures in the coming weeks that will leave more egg on the left and Democrats.

The Trump administration are being very calm and measured at the moment, they know they have a winning hand and probably still have some body blows to deliver , they just need to 'execute' .

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

RIGOLO wrote: »
    After the summer recess, its great to see the mid-terms finally kick off and both sides get down to the final run in.

On the plus side for the Trump administration you have the great economic numbers, China tariffs, NAFTA renegotiated, Opioid crackdown continues, SK-NK historic summit taking place today and add to this the de-classification of documents connected to the FISA warrant.
    Thats giving GOP representatives plenty hard and real positive messages that they can run with in their locale during the last few weeks.

And also on the plus side the Democrats are doing more damage to their credibility and emboldening Republicans to get out and vote. Their handling of the Kavanaugh accusation , and now the exposure that they will get from the FISA docs, well it some ways its a perfect storm that will backfire on them. Plus the Dems continue to confuse the electorate on whether they are progressive or not.

And both of these will give Donald Trump a huge amount of material to take on the road as he increases his campaigning for the mid-terms. We all know what happened the last time he went on the road and motivated a movement, I expect the same in the coming 2 months.

I also expect more disclosures in the coming weeks that will leave more egg on the left and Democrats.

The Trump administration are being very calm and measured at the moment, they know they have a winning hand and probably still have some body blows to deliver , they just need to 'execute' .

Do you even believe yourself at this point? There are so many ridiculous bits in that it is hard to know where to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And yet his poll numbers continue to be terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

The Trump administration are being very calm and measured at the moment.... .

Do you honestly, hand on heart, believe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

And also on the plus side the Democrats are doing more damage to their credibility and emboldening Republicans to get out and vote.

Trump's promise of a red wave appears to be back-firing. Trump supporters aren't believing the polls and instead are believing the President.
    America First Action, a political committee aligned with Mr. Trump, conducted a series of focus groups over the summer and concluded the party had a severe voter-turnout problem, brought on in part by contentment about the economy and a refusal by Republicans to believe that Democrats could actually win the midterm elections.

Conservative-leaning voters in the study routinely dismissed the possibility of a Democratic wave election, with some describing the prospect as “fake news,” said an official familiar with the research, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the data was not intended to be disclosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

In other news, Larry Kudlow, a top economic advisor to Trump, is concerned about the mushrooming deficit. Larry was privately educated and attended Princeton. He was involved in managing an investment bank until he was fired because of his cocaine addiction. He then went into TV. He is renowned as a champion of corporate America and big money. Surprisingly, he believes that The Donald's tax cuts have nothing to do with the burgeoning deficit. Instead Larry believes that entitlement programs must be cut. MAGA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Who's actually financing this deficit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,041 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In other news, Larry Kudlow, a top economic advisor to Trump, is concerned about the mushrooming deficit. Larry was privately educated and attended Princeton. He was involved in managing an investment bank until he was fired because of his cocaine addiction. He then went into TV. He is renowned as a champion of corporate America and big money. Surprisingly, he believes that The Donald's tax cuts have nothing to do with the burgeoning deficit. Instead Larry believes that entitlement programs must be cut. MAGA.

The new nickname for Trump's penis :D
    Daniels writes in a book fittingly titled Full Disclosure. “It has a huge mushroom head. Like a toadstool… I lay there, annoyed that I was getting ****ed by a guy with Yeti pubes and a dick like the mushroom character in Mario Kart... It may have been the least impressive sex I’d ever had, but clearly, he didn’t share that opinion.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trump decision to override the consideration of secrecy on FBI and DOJ communications is a clear sign that he is extremely worried now about the Mueller investigation.

Despite his continued, laughable, claim that he wants to talk to Mueller under oath and answer questions, he is clearly upping the ante in trying to discredit the investigation.

The claim of transparency is of course non sense. How can a WH that openly and knowingly lied to cover up for Don Jr, not even part of the administration, claim to want transparency. How can a WH that let a liar become the NSA, that has let a AG continue in office that lied under oath to the Senate committee call for transparency.

This is another, clear attempt for the Trump admin to try to obstruct justice by trying to frame any witnesses in a potential case against them.

This is the biggest witch hunt. Trump has no evidence of anything but wants a massive data dump on the basis that he may be able to find something, anything, on which to try to save himself. the man is now openly debasing the systems of the state in order to save himself.

Another sad day for America.

You can base your understanding of Larry Kudlow and the Trump Administration economic program on a single post..

or you could take an hour and actually watch Larry Kudlows speech to the New York Economic Club given 2 days ago.

supply side economics folks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You can base your understanding of Larry Kudlow and the Trump Administration economic program on a single post..

or you could take an hour and actually watch Larry Kudlows speech to the New York Economic Club given 2 days ago.

supply side economics folks ...

Yeah. Let's all agree you haven't watched that. And I won't either. My post is based on written reportage from Reuters and CNBC. What's that you say? Fake news? Of course.

• Advertisement

Yeah. Let's all agree you haven't watched that. And I won't either. My post is based on written reportage from Reuters and CNBC. What's that you say? Fake news? Of course.

Why would I agree to that. I watched it it was very interesting.

You got your quote from CNBC, wow .... perhaps you should have read the title of the clip.. its Becky Quick who did the interview..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement