Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Comey, Cohen, Pete Strzok to name a few all profited hugely from the resistance. I assume Rossenstein will be no different.

Ah come on. "The Resistance" is glib and reductionist: any sacked / resigning member of the White House senior staff always has the potential to do well in terms of both publicity and 'the memoir', regardless of party or era. The dirt-slinging biography is not a unique or recent beast. And as already mentioned above, those NDAs Trump had his staff sign aren't even enforceable. Still doesn't preclude the possibility of a disappearing pension in terms of ones decision. It's a fair question to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of conflicting stories around the rosenstein firing/resigning. It seems reporters are being told different things from sources that normally would know.

It looks like Axios are the ones who initially broke the "resignation" story. Everything since then seems to be point to firing. I'd be surprised if Rosenstaain resigned but I'd also be pretty surprised if Tough Guy Trump had the guts to fire him to his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Seems like these were just leaks from the WH to put pressure on Rosenstein, the meeting was a scheduled one, and he left with his role of DAG intact, hopefully he holds the line and makes them fire him if that's what they want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ah come on. "The Resistance" is glib and reductionist: any sacked / resigning member of the White House senior staff always has the potential to do well in terms of both publicity and 'the memoir', regardless of party or era. The dirt-slinging biography is not a unique or recent beast. And as already mentioned above, those NDAs Trump had his staff sign aren't even enforceable. Still doesn't preclude the possibility of a disappearing pension in terms of ones decision. It's a fair question to ask.

Its an expression not aimed at the left, just the minority of idiots who then proceed to make these guys rich. The Comey incident personifies it, hammered for supposedly playing a big role in losing the election for Clinton and then made a fortune selling his book by unloading on Trump.

Why on earth did ****wits give Cohen close to 200k?

Pete Strzok got 500k in his gofundme, absurd.

Expect this guy to have a very profitable gofundme by next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

jooksavage wrote: »
    It looks like Axios are the ones who initially broke the "resignation" story. Everything since then seems to be point to firing. I'd be surprised if Rosenstaain resigned but I'd also be pretty surprised if Tough Guy Trump had the guts to fire him to his face.
    Trump is in New York for the UN Council.

If Rosenstein is fired it will be at the hands of John Kelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Its an expression not aimed at the left, just the minority of idiots who then proceed to make these guys rich. The Comey incident personifies it, hammered for supposedly playing a big role in losing the election for Clinton and then made a fortune selling his book by unloading on Trump.

Would expect Rosenstein to do even better in cash terms if it came to that. His confirmation was one of the smoothest. He has considerable support.

Then again who knows what going to end up happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Yeah God forbid someone makes money on the back of Trump destroying their careers and vilifying them from his bully pulpit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

jooksavage wrote: »
    Yeah God forbid someone makes money on the back of Trump destroying their careers and vilifying them from his bully pulpit.

You can hate Trump and dislike people who slag him off for that sweet naive resistance money you know. Slagging Trump does not automatically mean you are a good person and deserving of money which could go to much worthier and needed causes. FFS give it to a Dem who is near you running on November instead of to a loaded Trump accomplice who has decided to say mean things about Trump because he is ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

So, if accurate, has Sessions been sacked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

No, Sessions is in Alabama attending the Public Safety Partnership Symposium!

https://www.dothanfirst.com/news/local-news/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-speaks-in-hoover-on-safety/1471286647

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've heard audio of Jeff sessions today joking at an event (although msnbc were wondering was he joking) about being happy to not be in Washington as you never know what might happen when he's there. Which was taken to mean if he goes back to Washington DC he'll be fired.

Also sarah sanders has said that trump and rosenstein will meet on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,524 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You can hate Trump and dislike people who slag him off for that sweet naive resistance money you know. Slagging Trump does not automatically mean you are a good person and deserving of money which could go to much worthier and needed causes. FFS give it to a Dem who is near you running on November instead of to a loaded Trump accomplice who has decided to say mean things about Trump because he is ****ed.

I wouldn't label those who went out to expose what it's like to work for DJT in the white house as 'slagging'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've heard audio of Jeff sessions today joking at an event (although msnbc were wondering was he joking) about being happy to not be in Washington as you never know what might happen when he's there. Which was taken to mean if he goes back to Washington DC he'll be fired.

Also sarah sanders has said that trump and rosenstein will meet on Thursday.

Same day as the Kavanaugh hearing, eh?

Not a distraction at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So is it just coincidence that JS is out of town on the day he was expected to be at a scheduled Washington meeting & Kelly has RR standing in for JS at the meeting? Maybe the W/House internal politicking has us all confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

I would just ignore all these stories. I don't see the point in predicting a firing.

Someone gets fired then we have something. These leaks could be a few playing silly buggers to jam up the headlines for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

mmm... maybe Trump was over ruled ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

everlast75 wrote: »
    Those apprentice tapes with the N word are apparently now in the hands of Ronan Farrow...

Tick tock tick tock...

Another week and the tapes aren't there, can we admit they're not real yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

How about I will apologise if they don't surface, and you apologise if they do?

And while I have you...

1) what effect do you think they might have on the American public
    2) what difference would they make to your opinion of the man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Just like Trump accepted immediately once Obama produced his birth cert...

:D This is too easy.

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    How about I will apologise if they don't surface, and you apologise if they do?

And while I have you...

1) what effect do you think they might have on the American public
    2) what difference would they make to your opinion of the man?

I will gladly agree to that.

1)I think it wouldn't damage his core supporters much at all, I think all of the minorities that support him would reconsider.
    2)I personally do not think these tapes do exist, I can't see this man being that careless and getting away with it all this time, thats something that would have done him in long before presidential campaign. However if real Ill acknowledge that perhaps he harbours racist views towards black people.

as a follow up , if they are found to be not real

1) Will your opinion / trust of the media outlets pimping this story be diminished at all ?
    2) Will it likely make you think again before posting about these "we have this evidence against Donald, we can't let you see/hear it yet but promise its real" type stories ?

Like Hillary and all the democrats accepted the election result and didn't go off on a big tangent that it was tampered with almost immediately and without any evidence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

building a wall for Mexico = not racist
    banning people from terror prone states (yes I know he didn't get them all , don't bother bringing Saudi into this) = not racist
    making American born citizens top priority = not racist.

I see the 'N Word' tape never made it to light , Cant really find any evidence of actual racism, but theres lots of things that people pre-prepared to just hate the guy would gladly go 'ohh thats racist'

The NY Times has a list for you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

Although seeing as how you've just said him calling someone the n word would only "perhaps" convince you he harboured racist views, I'm not exactly sure how you define a racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Like Hillary and all the democrats accepted the election result and didn't go off on a big tangent that it was tampered with almost immediately and without any evidence ?

Em, wasn't that Trump?

The NY Times has a list for you.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

Although seeing as how you've just said him calling someone the n word would only "perhaps" convince you he harboured racist views, I'm not exactly sure how you define a racist.

ill have to look up all of those to check exactly , but stuff like "he called Obama a lazy student" isn't racist , just because he insults somebody of another race doesn't make it race related. They also have a section on anti-semitism in which they talk about him tweeting a star of David next to money yet can't produce the tweet, also considering the way trump goes on about Israel (which Im not a fan of) , he's the worst anti-semite US president Ive ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

???

There's a lot of nonsense there but you surely must be aware that

1. Hillary and the Dems conceded very quickly. There was one former Democrat who claimed that it was rigged but that was before the election.

2. The Russian interference was well known at that point by the intelligence community so your claim that it was "without evidence" is in fact, bullshít.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

2. The Russian interference was well known at that point by the intelligence community so your claim that it was "without evidence" is in fact, bullshít.
    Well he might have been confused and forgotten the millions illegal mexicans voting for Hilary that Trump claimed voted as well directly at election.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/802972944532209664?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E802972944532209664&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2016%2F11%2F27%2Fpolitics%2Fdonald-trump-voter-fraud-popular-vote%2Findex.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Was that before or after 5 million illegals voted?

How does it work, have you really convinced yourself that Trump can do nothing wrong? It is a bit too much of a coincidence that Trump supporters constantly accuse others of what they do themselves. Surely they are capable of seeing that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Nody wrote: »
    Well he might have been confused and forgotten the millions illegal mexicans voting for Hilary that Trump claimed voted as well directly at election.[/URL]

Arguing with the cult45 member has become pointless. As Trump himself said, he could shoot people on 5th avenue and not lose votes. Something like him calling Obama lazy, well, that's going to be disbelieved if Trump tells them to disbelieve it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-fifth-avenue-comment/

They don't want to discuss Trump's achievements. They want to wallow in the glory of his absurdity, it gives them some meaning to their lives, whose quality is eroding under Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Igotadose wrote: »
    Arguing with the cult45 member has become pointless. As Trump himself said, he could shoot people on 5th avenue and not lose votes. Something like him calling Obama lazy, well, that's going to be disbelieved if Trump tells them to disbelieve it.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-fifth-avenue-comment/

They don't want to discuss Trump's achievements. They want to wallow in the glory of his absurdity, it gives them some meaning to their lives, whose quality is eroding under Trump.

Yeah. I get it if you're a white male bemoaning the death of the America of your parents and railing against modernism. Trump makes you believe you can go back to working in the steel mill etc.

I'm not sure why Irish people on an Irish website would be busy arguing for him though.

He's an unstable semi-moron who believes in conspiracies. His only strong feature is tha he's a good sales/con man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement