Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Leroy42 wrote: »

Two years after the biggest attack on American democracy and Trump and the GOP have passed a sum total of Zero legislation to protect America.

MAGA by leaving it wide open to attack. They rather spent time fighting for their SCOTUS pick.

But president trump said they've done more than any administration though ? Colour me confused now.

Michael avanatti is supposed to reveal the name of the second alleged accuser today. He claimed she has had government security clearance in the past which sounds bad for the judge.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

His speech was all over the place .

Setting aside the laughter at the beginning, he contradicted himself repeatedly.

He said that "The US will never tell you what to do, what to think or how to pray" and that all they want is to be left alone and that they'll leave everyone alone in return.

He then proceeds to get stuck in to Iran, Venezuela, Germany and others, telling them how to run their countries.

The only three countries that he actually praised were Saudia Arabia, Poland and Israel which I think is telling.

And he was late for his speech, resulting in the Ecuadorian president having to take his spot in the running order.. just shambolic

And finally , the Fox news Twitter account posted a clip of his speech and edited out the laughter.... Not propaganda at all, not at all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Setting aside the laughter at the beginning, he contradicted himself repeatedly.

He said that "The US will never tell you what to do, what to think or how to pray" and that all they want is to be left alone and that they'll leave everyone alone in return.

He then proceeds to get stuck in to Iran, Venezuela, Germany and others, telling them how to run their countries.

The only three countries that he actually praised were Saudia Arabia, Poland and Israel which I think is telling.

And he was late for his speech, resulting in the Ecuadorian president having to take his spot in the running order.. just shambolic

And finally , the Fox news Twitter account posted a clip of his speech and edited out the laughter.... Not propaganda at all, not at all..
    The Saudis put his face on a building and rolled out the red carpet, Poland wants to name a military base after him, Israel is self explanatory. So basically flattery gets you a good mention from trump ? Brilliant the most powerful leader in the world bases his like or dislike on how much you praise him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭circadian

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Saudis put his face on a building and rolled out the red carpet, Poland wants to name a military base after him, Israel is self explanatory. So basically flattery gets you a good mention from trump ? Brilliant the most powerful leader in the world bases his like or dislike on how much you praise him.

I'm just waiting for Trump to announce his own Arch of Neutrality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

But president trump said they've done more than any administration though ? Colour me confused now.

He just didn't say if his Admin's work was for good or bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

Pretty much. And you can get some nice weapons to pass on to your favourite terrorists as well along with that if so desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I would be rightly p1ssed off if Leo was openly laughed at by other world leaders. Look at the reaction Enda got when he had his hair tosseled by the then French President in the EU meeting?

The UK were aghast that TM was humiliated during the recent Salzborg meeting.

Yet some Americans almost seem to reveal in the fact that their POTUS is openly laughed at.

I very telling line from the Sky News report on the speech was something along the lines of 'two years into his term the power to shock has gone (from Trump) and now the world treats him with amuzement - (Cut to clip of the German delegation openly smirking while he is giving his speech).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,930 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Two further points.

He is late - even though he lives in Manhattan!

And secondly, there really is a tweet for everything...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/498008486551506945

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

4chan and the_donald subreddit are trying to push the narrative that Avanatti has been the victim of a hoax and his big reveal is going to back fire completely. I hope he has something solid to go with his claims or he is finished in politics.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/25/michael-avenatii-kavanaugh-accusations-4chan-841348

4chan and the_donald subreddit are trying to push the narrative that Avanatti has been the victim of a hoax and his big reveal is going to back fire completely. I hope he has something solid to go with his claims or he is finished in politics.

I would previously have agreed with you on this part, but Trump is the very example how stuff like this simply does not matter. If he is caught out, he will simply wave it away and move on to the next story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/25/michael-avenatii-kavanaugh-accusations-4chan-841348

As if Avenatti could be fooled with nothing but a phone chat to go by. As he says, they had 3000 tipsters since Stormy. They have a well oiled vetting machine in place with investigators in the field as we speak.
    His angle is also corroborated by Mark Judge ex's words. I would have more faith in him than I have in a 4chan rando.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I would previously have agreed with you on this part, but Trump is the very example how stuff like this simply does not matter. If he is caught out, he will simply wave it away and move on to the next story.

I think the difference here is that Avenatti is held in much higher esteem in terms of honesty and professionalism than Trump.

I don't think people would react the same way.

I note that Prof Ford will have a number of sworn statements with her from witnesses on Thursday, as the GOP refused to subpoena any witnesses. Clever move.

Ramirez may or may not be allowed testify.

Senators will be given 5 mins each, nothing more. And the GOP have selected a female prosecutor to question both Kavanaugh and Ford, in an effort to avoid a repeat the optics of how they dealt with Hill's questioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The whole thing is such a circus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭Penn

MadYaker wrote: »
    The whole thing is such a circus

Yeah if I was Ford's lawyers I would have pulled her out of the testimony when senior Reps started basically saying they were going to push Kavanaugh through regardless, not to mention Trump's comments and additional accusers coming forward. They should have pulled her out of the testimony and pushed for full FBI investigation.

The Reps may have still just said no and proceeded with Kavanaugh, but at this point it really seems like the Reps are interested in nothing more than making it seem like they've looked into it before proceeding regardless of the outcome. They've set it up so it's entirely her word against his, and they've already shown they'll side with him.

I said it last week and still cannot understand why Ford and Rameriz do not make a formal complaint to the Police and request that they launch an investigation.

I cannot see the Reps being able to talk around nominating a Judge who is the subject of not one, but two active criminal investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

everlast75 wrote: »
    I said it last week and still cannot understand why Ford and Rameriz do not make a formal complaint to the Police and request that they launch an investigation.

I cannot see the Reps being able to talk around nominating a Judge who is the subject of not one, but two active criminal investigations.

Would the statute of limitations not prevent such an investigation?

Would the statute of limitations not prevent such an investigation?

no Statute of Limitations for that crime in the particular State in which the offence occurred (thankfully)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Not surprised people laughed as self praise is no praise.

Then the hypocrisy about Iran spreading death and destruction, has he ever looked at what the US has done with needless wars based on lies and all the lives they have destroyed - that gave us the disastrous Arab Spring, the rise of ISIS, the migrant crisis.

Praising North Korea as if his deal with Kim Jong Un is better than the Iran deal, the Iran deal which has far stronger foundations.

Overall an awful UN speech.

I agree with Trump about Iran, but then the way they are going about things almost guarantees failure.

There is no coherent plan. As a UK diplomat stated on Sky News yesterday, Trump is lauding the prospect of a NK deal, yet a the very same time he is actively targeting a trade war with China. Everyone knows that China will be the deciding factor in whatever happens to NK.

Same with Iran. He wants to reign Iran in, yet he is actively fighting against the likes of Germany, the EU and NATO, all of which he will need to get a lasting result.

Last year he stood up and said he was ready to completely destroy NK, this year he has only praise for the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I suspect its more of a case that 4chan are trying to convince some that it was a prank by them and to be fair they have definitely hooked some people.

Obviously though it would be end of the line if Avanatti had been fooled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The UN laughing at Trump is 'The Emperors new clothes' manifest.

Trump currently reading the script Netanyahu gave him to read about Iran at the UN.

Trump accuses China as meddling in the 2018 elections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

RobertKK wrote: »
    I thought I'd misheard...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's possible that they are spreading disinformation and probing the infrastructure but I don't think that that's why Trump is blaming them. He's probably referring to the tariffs targeting areas that voted for Trump. Retaliatory tariffs aren't the same as election interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Might be a reference to the Chinese propaganda appearing in Iowa newspapers.

It's possible that they are spreading disinformation and probing the infrastructure but I don't think that that's why Trump is blaming them. He's probably referring to the tariffs targeting areas that voted for Trump. Retaliatory tariffs aren't the same as election interference.

China suspended talks until after the elections in the hope the Democrats have some power.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement