Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

tretorn wrote: »
    There was no crime reported so why would the FBI look for witnesses. There is no crime scene and no evidence and no mention of any charcater defect with Kauvanagh until Trump proposed to appoint him to the Supreme court.

I presume Kauvanagh would have had to be vetted for previous roles, was there any stink previously.

Has anyone reported him to the authorities in the last decade.

This is a witch hunt that will be given maximum exposure by a media hostile to Trump.

Trump is lucky he can by pass the partisan media with twitter.

Whats a potential history of sex abuse, oh, sorry, you mean someone can sit in therapy feeling sorry for themselves and the therapist will find someone to blame so therapist can get paid. How can you have a potential history of sexual abuse, how can you have a potential history of anything.
    The FBI do the background checks for all federal nominees. It is absolutely within their remit to investigate these allegations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Kauvanagh is happily married for years and his wife is happy to stand by him.

dont you think she knows her husband better than someone who remembers something in therapy thirty years after it happened.

Is there any evidence of her sobriety on the night, therapists like to have someone to blame and everyone, *sighs* hates Trump so lets see can we put woman and Kauvanagh in the same sentence.

So your going from who can remember to was she drunk. Classy. And straight out of the victim blaming playbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

dont you think she knows her husband better than someone who remembers something in therapy thirty years after it happened.
    e.

Prisons are full of people whose families didnt think they did it. I haven’t s clue about Kavanaughs guilt or innocence but him being happily married has zero bearing in whether this happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

jooksavage wrote: »
    Reporting there now that Jeff Flake sat looking "pained" during Ford's testimony. Only 1 R needs to break and Kavanaugh is toast.

Collins is very proud that she is the most liberal of the republicans, if she suspects Flake is a no then she most certainly is a no.

Supposedly there was 8 republicans who were on the fence before today, the likes of Sasse and even Rubio had not committed to voting for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I have no issues with prosecutor trying to find holes in her story. We do need to test the veracity of Dr. Ford's allegations after all.

The prosecutor hasn't even got started though, and this start stopping thing is really holding her back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Collins is very proud that she is the most liberal of the republicans, if she suspects Flake is a no then she most certainly is a no.

Supposedly there was 8 republicans who were on the fence before today, the likes of Sasse and even Rubio had not committed to voting for him.

And 3 GOP governors have sent open letters asking for the confirmation to be delayed to allow for proper investigation.

Ford isnt alleging she was raped though.

If I was accused of raping someone I would want the accuser questined in detail and would want craters poked in their answers.

Are you suggesting men should just take their prison sentence and ruined life so an accuser isnt upset.

No, I'm just pointing out that undermining the credibility of the main witness is easy to do if you expect that witness has to have 100% accurate recall about every event in the lead up to an assault (while the defendant gets to said 'I do not recall' to any questions he doesn't want to answer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

How much she had to drink is relevant to her recollection of events.

The kennedys wouldnt have lasted five minutes in the climate Trump has to lead the country in. Only he who is without sin should throw stones.

Hillary Clinton lost and Obama is history. get over it liberals, nothing thrown at Trump has stuck and most people dont care about metoo or any other nonsense like that. They dont care about what happened at a drunken party thirty two years ago.

Didnt Kauvanagh supply a diary of all the parties he attended that summer and Ford isnt mentioned anywhere. Was Kauvanagh only seventeen the summer this is supposed to have happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

she takes her glasses of to view things, strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

They've already convicted Kavanaugh on CNN, just questioning now whether he should be brought up on perjury charges :D

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And 3 GOP governors have sent open letters asking for the confirmation to be delayed to allow for proper investigation.

Collins, Flake and Corker?

Chris Wallace on Fox News calls it a "disaster for the Republicans" says Ford's testimony is "extremely emotional, extremely raw, and extremely credible" you can't watch and "have your heart not go out to her"

https://twitter.com/MikeDelMoro/status/1045334843809296386

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Sen Grassley has asked the Prof if she will go on giving testimony til the time of the vote. It seems the "prosecutor" has had to ask Senator Grassley for documents she has not been given by the committee in order that she can do her work for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

She's obviously a witch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The kennedys wouldnt have lasted five minutes in the climate Trump has to lead the country in. Only he who is without sin should throw stones.

Hillary Clinton lost and Obama is history. get over it liberals, nothing thrown at Trump has stuck and most people dont care about metoo or any other nonsense like that. They dont care about what happened at a drunken party thirty two years ago.

Didnt Kauvanagh supply a diary of all the parties he attended that summer and Ford isnt mentioned anywhere. Was Kauvanagh only seventeen the summer this is supposed to have happened.

Why are Trump supporters obsessed with HC? Not thinking Trump is a good president isn’t the same as being a Clinton supporter. It’s sad the obsession him and his followers have in her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

jooksavage wrote: »
    Reporting there now that Jeff Flake sat looking "pained" during Ford's testimony. Only 1 R needs to break and Kavanaugh is toast.

If 1 breaks does that not leave them 50-50 with Pence to be the casting vote?

538 have it down to 7 senators to make the decision ultimately

Flake
    Corker
    Collins
    Murkowski

For the Reps

Manchin
    Donnelly
    Heitkemp

For the Dems

The reason being that the Dems are in Deep Red states, and up for election, so have a tricky balancing act to try & manage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Not really, I take my glasses off to read. They help me see things in the distance.

Yeah, she's long-sighted..... fascinating.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Rjd2 wrote: »

No - Governors - John Kasich from Ohio and The Massachusetts and Michigan guy I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’m confused, do you think she should be ignored or there should be an investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I take my reading glasses off too when I'm focusing on things across the room. No strange at all.

• Advertisement

What's strange about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Is there any evidence of her sobriety on the night, therapists like to have someone to blame and everyone, *sighs* hates Trump so lets see can we put woman and Kauvanagh in the same sentence.

Pretty poor trolling. But how many wives, or husbands, live with their spouse who is having long terms affairs with other men/women? Your logic says none, because a women knows her husband best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,830 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So he has supplied a remarkable record in writing of all the parties he did and didn't attend that summer 32 years ago and the Prof doesn't and you don't find that in any way remarkable? Ref the events at the drunken party 32 years ago, I reckon that if it involved a direct and blunt attempt of rape by a USSC nominee, that would be very pertinent unless you are happy with such a person deciding the legal outcome of trials involving rape and attempted rape and other criminal offences. T0 answer your question, the judge must be cleaner than clean, he/she must be sparkling clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

If she kept her mouth shut for thirty two years she should have kept it permanently shut.

She cant have been that traumatised by it if she didnt get into a counsellors room until 2012.

Seriously Ford, chalk it down to experience and get on with your fifties.

Thats if anything actually happened and it wasnt just the counselling that brought the "crisis" on.

Its all just first world stuff.

That's a big bottle of coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not strange at all.

If 1 breaks does that not leave them 50-50 with Pence to be the casting vote?

538 have it down to 7 senators to make the decision ultimately

Flake
    Corker
    Collins
    Murkowski

For the Reps

Manchin
    Donnelly
    Heitkemp

For the Dems

The reason being that the Dems are in Deep Red states, and up for election, so have a tricky balancing act to try & manage

Think it's way past the point where the 3 Red State Dems could vote for him.. They'd lose way more Democrat votes than any they might gain from the GOP voters..

It's really down to Collins and Murkowski...only need 2 to vote against.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Think it's way past the point where the 3 Red State Dems could vote for him.. They'd lose way more Democrat votes than any they might gain from the GOP voters..

It's really down to Collins and Murkowski...only need 2 to vote against.

That's the absurd thing also about the red state dems, if they had withdrawn this guy they could have barrett here which the red state dems were dreading. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

salmocab wrote: »
    Prisons are full of people whose families didnt think they did it. I haven’t s clue about Kavanaughs guilt or innocence but him being happily married has zero bearing in whether this happened.

It's also possible that this behaviour was common for him 30 odd years ago but he recognised it / was warned about it, and stopped. It doesnt excuse what he did, but explains why there are no more recent reports of similar activity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wasn't able to watch from 3pm but for those who have been how has Dr Ford done ? I read her opening statement last night so I know she gave a few details I didn't know. I'm trying to read through twitter and it's split.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement