Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,643 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well at this stage everyone knows the FBI doesn't reach conclusions.
    Thanks Crapo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭topnotch

Mr Crapo 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How is the United States functioning legislatively ? Their national parliament is a mess and divided worse than oil and water. I'll never look at the dail in a bad light again as bad as it can be at times.
    Have you seen some of the loo lahs in the House of Commons? Nadine Dorries comes to mind. The Shrewsbury fruit fondler another. But they're just the tip of a massive iceberg. And it's not just the Tories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I'm getting distracted by that woman on the left hand side of Kavanaugh...

The woman with her hair tied up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

YFlyer wrote: »

Turns out that's Alyssa Milano :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,833 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

So the Judge has just agreed with Senator Crapo to the Biden statement regularly quoted by Grassley about the FBI not reaching conclusions, just giving a report, given how Grassley is using Biden's quote to avoid an FBI investigation. The present [R] Senator Crapo has said the Senate can order the FBI to carry out an investigation, outside any ordered by the President, which Grassley said could only do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

prawnsambo wrote: »
    How is the United States functioning legislatively ? Their national parliament is a mess and divided worse than oil and water. I'll never look at the dail in a bad light again as bad as it can be at times.
    Have you seen some of the loo lahs in the House of Commons? Nadine Dorries comes to mind. The Shrewsbury fruit fondler another. But they're just the tip of a massive iceberg. And it's not just the Tories.
    The GOP senators didn't want the optics of them asking questions to a woman so close to the mid term elections.
    The Shrewsbury fruit fondler ?

YFlyer wrote: »

Turns out that's Alyssa Milano :o
    Yeah I know. Who's the boss ha ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Yeah, and this is the system for which the US has killed millions around the world in their attempts to 'bring democracy' to countries like Libya, Iraq and others...

Lindsay graham is all smiles. I'm
    not sure why he's so happy. He made a show of himself.

• Advertisement

They'll push it through and get him the job, that's why.

The GOP senators didn't want the optics of them asking questions to a woman so close to the mid term elections.
    The Shrewsbury fruit fondler ?
    Daniel Kawczynski. Have a Google and then a giggle. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

He spoke the truth.

Trump just sent him a text: "Attaboy!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

It's not functioning. Both parties can't fully unite under any one policy considering the diversity of both parties. The US is shifting more to extreme end of the spectrum politically with candidates like Trump and Sanders (I don't think Sanders would be considered hard left in Ireland). The Democrats will do well with more 'hard left' candidates as they tend to have a much higher profile on social media and are already apart of strong political movements. Bannon and co are trying the same except with 'alt-right' types.

Pragmatic politicans tend to be overlooked because talking sense and being realistic aren't extremely popular. There is hope in the likes of Tulsi Gabbard and a few others but the future certainly looks bleak.

Did you see his callendar for May 08th has an entry for gaelic football

topnotch wrote: »
    Did you see his callendar for May 08th has an entry for gaelic football

Yeah, another well known drinking game in those parts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Depends on your POV.

it was grand standing, but it was aimed at the republican base.

I expect we will see something similar from a Dem like Brooker soon enough.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Yeah, another well known drinking game in those parts...
    Not sure if serious. Please elaborate. :):o

Why is Diane Feinstein so late coming back in after each break?

• Advertisement

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Not sure if serious. Please elaborate. :):o

He claimed that something he did in college called 'Devil's Triangle' is a drinking game. The internet obviously found out it's not, it's actually a threesome with a girl and 2 guys.

Hirono corrects the record with Ford's testimoney. She is a good questioner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

He claimed that something he did in college called 'Devil's Triangle' is a drinking game. The internet obviously found out it's not, it's actually a threesome with a girl and 2 guys.

This may be a basic observation, but until about two pages back and a link to urban dictionary, I had no idea of the current threesome meaning. There was a time in my life when to be 'gay' meant to be 'happy', and I'm not as old as Kavanaugh is.

I might observe that just because Urban Dictionary says something today, that doesn't mean it has always meant it, and that even if it has in some circles, there may be other meanings as well in other circles.

To me, the Devil's Triangle was another name for the Bermuda Triangle.

However, in 1986, it was a new board game. Which, I can see how it can become a drinking game if you have a shot every time you lost a piece. The pieces are even hollow enough to pour liquor into, now I look.
    https://boardgamedatabase.blogspot.com/2017/01/devils-triangle-1986.html

Yeah, I know that, it was specifically the Gaelic football reference I wasn't sure of. Was that really GAA? Kinda weird if so.

How many ever hear of the devils triangle before today ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,237 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So what do we reckon will happen with the vote tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This may be a basic observation, but until about two pages back and a link to urban dictionary, I had no idea of the current threesome meaning. There was a time in my life when to be 'gay' meant to be 'happy', and I'm not as old as Kavanaugh is.

I might observe that just because Urban Dictionary says something today, that doesn't mean it has always meant it, and that even if it has in some circles, there may be other meanings as well in other circles.

Then surely both meanings would be up there. Just like when you look up gay in the dictionary.

To make your point credible

I think Hirono was very good. 4 times an FBI investigation requested.

I'm older than you and I know that's bollocks. :D

You could have been in nappies and it didn't just mean happy.

• Advertisement

I mean fair play for him getting into Yale but Richard Harris got Oscar nominations and I think a golden globe and he was a fair lad to take a pint.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement