Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

gandalf wrote: »
    Then why the reluctance to get the professionals a week/ten days to investigate it and clear his name fully. At this stage even if he gets to the Supreme Court this will taint his name if it isn't put to rest now.

Who sets the terms of 10 days? After those 10 days they'll be another accusation and another and another just like what's been happening. The NYT's refused to print the 2 other accusations because they did not find them credible after trying to collaborate the claims by interviewing dozens of witnesses. They did find Avenatti's client to be ringing people trying to get them to back her up. This is a Women who had a retraining order filed against her by her ex BF after she threatened to harm the mans Child. The main stream media ran a boat rape story by an anonymous twitter user and he only ended up recanting yesterday.

If Democrats wanted the truth they wouldn't have sat on the accusation for 2 months then throw it in his face after his final public hearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

astradave wrote: »
    There is only one question you really need to ask yourself with regards to Ford. Why would she drag herself and her family through all of that, plus leaving her home,threats etc?

To help the Dems score a cheap political point? You can question the handling of the letter and the timing Feinstein released it, but what really has she to gain from this? If anything her whole life has been turned upside down

Same reason the woman michael avenatti is representing made up a story to stop him getting on the court., wasn't she on a women's march against Trump.(Ford)

That or she's a fantasist.

Either way I think the truth will out eventually this story is too juicy for the press and will be dissected in every detail.

I think as the weeks go on Ford's story will start to fall apart, everyone she has already named has denied the story including her friend, someone is lying and my moneys on Ford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

2 Scoops wrote: »
    The opposite actually. The Dem's and media have portrayed him as some of serial rapist who drugged Women and then gang raped them, Avenatti came out of this hearing looking an absolute fool.

As of now you can only look at the facts and there's very little collaboration or evidence to back up the accusations.

You're right, they should "lock her up"!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The opposite actually. The Dem's and media have portrayed him as some of serial rapist who drugged Women and then gang raped them, Avenatti came out of this hearing looking an absolute fool.

As of now you can only look at the facts and there's very little collaboration or evidence to back up the accusations.

Erm, I've seen those things said before on some dodgy sites but they're not true.

The rapey, druggy stuff hasn't been pushed much by the dems and moreso by the women. Avenatti has a sworn deposition from a woman with security clearance who's career can end if she perjures herself and Kavanaugh's calendar and Judge's book back up the timing of the claims made by Ford.

An FBI investigation could potentially discover holes in Dr. Ford's story. If he is innocent, he has nothing to loose by such an investigation.

Why didn't Ford go to the police instead of a leading democrat?

Has she even reported the incident to the police? If not why not? Why are we asking the accused to go to the FBI to clear his name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Who sets the terms of 10 days? After those 10 days they'll be another accusation and another and another just like what's been happening. The NYT's refused to print the 2 other accusations because they did not find them credible after trying to collaborate the claims by interviewing dozens of witnesses. They did find Avenatti's client to be ringing people trying to get them to back her up. This is a Women who had a retraining order filed against her by her ex BF after she threatened to harm the mans Child. The main stream media ran a boat rape story by an anonymous twitter user and he only ended up recanting yesterday.

If Democrats wanted the truth they wouldn't have sat on the accusation for 2 months then throw it in his face after his final public hearing.

It was mentioned during the hearing. The only one that merits investigation is Dr. Ford's. Prove that is without substance or its a case of mistaken identity then I would say he is home free.

Although given his performance during that hearing I would question his ability and judgement under pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Do you believe Kavanaughs choir boy image?? What a load of horse manure.

I still believe he'll be confirmed tomorrow.

The boat rape and the anonymous daughter stuff came from republicans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

The boat rape and the anonymous daughter stuff came from republicans.

This is his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCatala16/status/1013397210485215232

Republican troll or Democrat wasn't the point I was making. Anyone, including this guy can make a frivolous claim and it has the potential of ending up on the front page of websites like CNN like his boat accusation did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Do you believe Kavanaughs choir boy image?? What a load of horse manure.

I still believe he'll be confirmed tomorrow.

Any vote tomorrow is only a committe vote. A confirnation vote in the full Senate is tentatively scheduled for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

If Ford had wailed and blubbered like Kavanaugh, she would have been carried out in a straitjacket. Amazing the shît you can get away with when you're a rich white male.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Why didn't Ford go to the police instead of a leading democrat?

Has she even reported the incident to the police? If not why not? Why are we asking the accused to go to the FBI to clear his name?

If I remember her testimony correctly I believe she isn't interested in criminal charges against Kavanaugh but instead to inform the US government of his background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,834 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Hmmm, immediately after the committee is adjourned for the night, Don tweets about the Dems being on a search and destroy mission. A ranking R senator is interviewed as he walks away from the committee room and he says the Dems were on a search and destroy mission. Talk about fast messaging.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    If Ford had wailed and blubbered like Kavanaugh, she would have been carried out in a straitjacket. Amazing the shyou can get away with when you're a rich white male.

Nah if she wailed and blubbered she would of done better, Americans love the dramatics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

aloyisious wrote: »
    Hmmm, immediately after the committee is adjourned for the night, Don tweets about the Dems being on a search and destroy mission. A ranking R senator is interviewed as he walks away from the committee room and he says the Dems were on a search and destroy mission. Talk about fast messaging.

And the Trump Base is being fed that over $1million has been invested in the so-called "search and destroy" mission by Bill Clinton, as his retribution for Kavanaugh's efforts as part of Ken Starr's investigation during the Lewinsky hearings.

This is his twitter account.

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCatala16/status/1013397210485215232

Republican troll or Democrat wasn't the point I was making. Anyone, including this guy can make a frivolous claim and it has the potential of ending up on the front page of websites like CNN like his boat accusation did.

In that particular case, I'll concede that Whitehouse got played.

If I remember her testimony correctly I believe she isn't interested in criminal charges against Kavanaugh but instead to inform the US government of his background.

So she will accuse him in the senate, the day before his confirmation vote, but won't go to the police so he has the chance to clear his name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,646 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The right wing pac who got Kavanaugh nominated have spent €4.5M behind him.

You obvoiusly did not listen to her testimony. She sought to send a signal to the politicans incl the WH that Kavanaugh would not be the name selected from the short list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,834 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

If Avenetti comes along with a client who has made a previous police report about the judge, say over 6 months ago and prior to the present sex offence allegations, and an investigation was started and the judge became aware of it, then his goose is cooked, regardless of what the way the senate votes.

Perjury is perjury, no matter what the locale. Senator Grassley laid out what perjury to the senate ended up with at the start of todays hearings. The judge said he didn't watch the Ford hearings earlier in the day but as a federal judge he is fully aware of what happens when one commits perjury under oath.

The judge stated in his testimony before the committee that he never committed a sex offence against any female whatsoever. All it takes is one such report to be confirmed through police records or by the parents of a teenage victim having reported a sex offence to the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I'd love to hear from the prosecutor who was essentially fired half way through. I hope she does interviews after this, if she can.

I'm surprised more isn't being made of the fact the victim was questioned by this professional prosecutor, but the alleged perpetrator wasn't.

• Advertisement

aloyisious wrote: »
    If Avenetti comes along with a client who has made a previous police report about the judge, say over 6 months ago and prior to the present sex offence allegations, and an investigation was started and the judge became aware of it, then his goose is cooked, regardless of what the way the senate votes.

Perjury is perjury, no matter what the locale. Senator Grassley laid out what perjury to the senate ended up with at the start of todays hearings. The judge said he didn't watch the Ford hearings earlier in the day but as a federal judge he is fully aware of what happens when one commits perjury under oath.

The judge stated in his testimony before the committee that he never committed a sex offence against any female whatsoever. All it takes is one such report to be confirmed through police records or by the parents of a teenage victim having reported a sex offence to the police.

Good luck with the perjury charge :D, there's a reason the democrats didn't bring Avenetti client's accusations up, because they're crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    His wife is staring at a point past him. I feel sorry for his wife. She looks drained.
    She's married to a multi billionaire who's old enough to be her Dad.

Would she have looked twice at him if was a dustman. Of course not. I find it hard to muster sympathy for the shallow and vain.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

And he was considered not credible and filtered out. Given that important context, I'm not sure it does anything for the argument regarding whether Blasey Ford should testify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Aside from Stormy Daniels which is a valid case, I don't think too highly of Avenetti. Any lawyer who starts doing the last night chat show circuit just seems too opportunistic and self-serving to me.

Aside from Stormy Daniels which is a valid case, I don't think too highly of Avenetti. Any lawyer who starts doing the last night chat show circuit just seems too opportunistic and self-serving to me.

Yeah, I'm not too sure what his game is. It's easy to think that he's just seeking publicity for a presidential run but that's a bit stupid if that's what it is. Part of me thinks he might be a Roger Stone type for the Dems, just without the blatant cnutishness. So far, I'm impressed with his abilities but, like I said, I don't know what his game is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah, I'm not too sure what his game is. It's easy to think that he's just seeking publicity for a presidential run but that's a bit stupid if that's what it is. Part of me thinks he might be a Roger Stone type for the Dems, just without the blatant cnutishness. So far, I'm impressed with his abilities but, like I said, I don't know what his game is.

Loves the fame and wants to be president in 2020 and looking at how stupid politics and the lack of quality Dem front runners, who the **** can blame him?

I have a small bet on him at 66/1 and Harris 33/1 to be president in 2020 so do your thing Michael. :p:p

Avenatti could hold until Kavanaugh is appointed and then release a zinger, one theory.

The Triangle, meaning has been corrected on CNN. Politely simply calling it a sex act. Seems he actually did watch Ford though told the Committee that he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Judiciary committee vote to go ahead tomorrow. The Rs have lost their minds. Theyre not even waiting 24 hours to see which way the wind is blowing on this. Just goes to show seriously they took todays hearing.

Over to you, Democrat ad scriptwriters.

• Advertisement

Cuomo CNN says he has been talking to a college mate of Kavanaugh and he was not a choirboy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement