Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

There was a related opinion piece on CNN today, damned if I can’t find the link right now, observing on the difference between ‘private trump’ as recorded on tape, and ‘public trump’ on TV, Twitter and so on, and how it all may be a careful charade.

Doesn't really make any sense. Senior members of his own staff (John Kelly, Rex Tillerson, HR McMaster) have variously called him an "idiot" or a "dope". Erstwhile lickspittle Sam Nunberg provided this doozy:

"Early in the campaign, I was sent to explain the Constitution to the candidate. I got as far as the Fourth Amendment before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,612 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Heard the private Trump on the documentary on the Scottish golf course. He was not a very pleasant person. A pig and a bully in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Water John wrote: »
    Heard the private Trump on the documentary on the Scottish golf course. He was not a very pleasant person. A pig and a bully in fact.

So he is exactly the same way in private and public then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

everlast75 wrote: »
    So he is exactly the same way in private and public then..

Also worth checking the dates on the public and private stuff. He is much worse now than he was 20 years ago - whatever he's got is progressing slowly, like maybe neurosyphilis.

Why do I mention that specifically? It is usually a good guide to assume Trump is lying all the time, and he has gone into great detail about how he never caught an STI, nope, not ever, despite shagging all around him without protection, which means he certainly did.

And before anyone mentions the laughable doctors letter he produced stating he is the healthiest man ever, his doctor later admitted that Trump dictated that letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The deep state seem to have committed a blunder. The 13 angry Democrats have gone and referred some other democrats to the SDNY. This is a major slip up by Democrat Mueller's partisan witch-hunt - as we all know, the witch-hunt with which he was tasked was meant to take down Donald Trump and fellow republicans. It was supposed to ignore or cover for Democrats. Hillary Clinton is reportedly furious.

The Special Councel's spokesman, Peter Carr, declined to comment.
    CNN’s Erica Orden reported Tuesday that, since the spring, Mueller made additional referrals to prosecutors in the Southern District of New York regarding whether US lobbyists failed to register their work supporting the Ukrainian government. Those referrals include Democratic lobbyist Tony Podesta and lobbyist and ex-Minnesota GOP Rep. Vin Weber. Sources told CNN that former Obama White House counsel Greg Craig was also referred by Mueller to federal prosecutors in New York.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Why do you continue to post such blatant lies?

- supposed to take down Donald Trump... a lie
    - ignore or cover for democrats... a lie

Please point us to an official document that states either of these two points you have made.
    The deep state seem to have committed a blunder. The 13 angry Democrats have gone and referred some other democrats to the SDNY. This is a major slip up by Democrat Mueller's partisan witch-hunt - as we all know, the witch-hunt with which he was tasked was meant to take down Donald Trump and fellow republicans. It was supposed to ignore or cover for Democrats. Hillary Clinton is reportedly furious.

The Special Councel's spokesman, Peter Carr, declined to comment.

Why do you continue to post such blatant lies?

- supposed to take down Donald Trump... a lie
    - ignore or cover for democrats... a lie

Please point us to an official document that states either of these two points you have made.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ55SJHCAC6dwEXgURrCp28JRtrNPqtdDch4VAfiAFLB5bpMsvk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh.

I thought you were notobtuse at it again. My bad. Move along... nothing to see.

So that Donald Trump guy... he's great! MAGA, Witch Hunt, Crooked Hillary, no collusion...did i say witch hunt already?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ55SJHCAC6dwEXgURrCp28JRtrNPqtdDch4VAfiAFLB5bpMsvk

Whoooooooooooooooooooooosh.

I thought you were notobtuse at it again. My bad. Move along... nothing to see.

It's a sign of these times that the comment I made could be made unironically by a Trump supporter. It's quite insane, really. In a recent survey, 93% of strong Trump supporters trust Trump to give them accurate information. That's right, serial liar and unashamed ignoramus Donald Trump.

bt-poll-accurate-info-1533041492.jpg

That number is crazy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Margin of error: 2.5%

They got that wrong. The margin of error in that survey is 91%. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

There is nothing crazy about that, of course Trump supporters believe him. It's why they are called 'Supporters'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭circadian

So alongside giving children drugs in ICE centres one has died due to negligence.

This is an absolute disgrace and those responsible should be hauled in front of the human rights court immediately.

https://www.ibtimes.com/child-dead-ice-detention-center-due-negligent-care-immigration-lawyer-2704521

There is nothing crazy about that, of course Trump supporters believe him. It's why they are called 'Supporters'.

You're not wrong. It's a bit of a tautology, I suppose.

It's still mad that so many people can believe such a prolific liar. I mean, yesterday, he told the crowd that they need ID to buy groceries. Did they believe that too? I wouldn't be surprised if some did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

robinph wrote: »
    I don't see how it would be possible, or desirable, to be that incompetent in how you string a sentence together all the time in public and doing it deliberately. How is it useful for him to be presenting himself as so useless as not being able to speak in a coherent manner, or stay on topic for more than 5 words at a time, or constantly tell the world how great his nearest golf course is, or that Obama did it and he won the most votes before switching back to vaguely sounding like he is answering the initial question but saying how loved he is and it's really the Dems fault.

I get that politicians will try their best to not give a straight answer to questions wherever possible, but Trump isn't even on the same scale as that in his communication. He just talks about something completely different and his golf courses being great.

I don't think he could be faking the way he is communicating, talking nonsense is just all he is capable of. There may well be a puppet master behind the scenes, but Trump can't know about it or he'd have blurted it out and he shows absolutely no signs of being the master of anything at all himself.

If you think back to Dubya Bush, the man could barely string three words together.
    It seems that Republican voters like a man with the vocabulary of a six year old.

circadian wrote: »
    So alongside giving children drugs in ICE centres one has died due to negligence.

This is an absolute disgrace and those responsible should be hauled in front of the human rights court immediately.

https://www.ibtimes.com/child-dead-ice-detention-center-due-negligent-care-immigration-lawyer-2704521

It's disgusting. The practice was created just to serve as a cruel deterrent, probably by Miller. It was even defended here by people. They're no better than the practice that they defended.

It's disgusting. The practice was created just to serve as a cruel deterrent, probably by Miller. It was even defended here by people. They're no better than the practice that they defended.

Anyone who defends that is a scumbag and a slimeball. End. Of.
    Anyone disagrees with that, I refer you to the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,811 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

One thing I've been wondering about in respect of the GOP is does it have a/any plan to put forward an alternative to Don Trump as it's nominee should he really foul up closer to election time? Would it take the chance of nominating Mike Pence for the job in preference to Don given the way he's treated the GOP as a political organisation? Has he taken away its control of its voter-base?

We've been mostly talking about the Dems getting their act together to put forward a credible nominee to take the presidency away from Don and the GOP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

He seems very wound up by the Mueller investigation this week. Probably the Manafort trial and its coverage. Poor Jeff is also getting another mention.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1024646945640525826

17 now? I thought it was 14.

And btw, not for nothing, how is that tweet not proof of obstruction of justice. He is applying public pressure to have the investigation shut down?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

notobtuse wrote: »
    I stand by my comment.  There have been 11 recessions in the US since WWII. Each one was followed by a recovery. Yes, even Obama experienced an economic recovery, but it just happens to be the worst one, IMO.  All jobs lost here in post WWII recessions were recovered after about 25 months, on average. But under Obama it took 77 months for employment to return to pre recession levels.  That makes Obama’s recovery the slowest recovery of them all, and by a pretty large margin, IMO. Obama is also the only president in U.S. history to have never had a single year of 3.0 percent or greater GDP growth, and he increased the deficit by almost 8 Trillion US dollars in the process, to boot.

But Trump is also increasing the deficit, and proposing to bail out farmers because of his stupid trade war.
    Not happy at all about Trump adding one trillion to our deficit.  He has sworn not to let it happen again.  If he does I might be calling him a lousy president, also.  In addition he is placating to the farm lobby and considering allowing ethanol in gasoline to go from 10% to 15%.  If this happens it will cause harm to all our small engines... small cars, motorcycles, boats, tractors, lawn mowers, snowblowers, and all other small engines.  And it drives up the price of corn and food made from corn.  Bad, bad decision to increase the ethanol percentage in gas.  Not everything Trump does I agree with.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

everlast75 wrote: »
    17 now? I thought it was 14.

And btw, not for nothing, how is that tweet not proof of obstruction of justice. He is applying public pressure to have the investigation shut down?
    From what I recall some investigators were added shortly before the last round of indictments. So didn't get the same coverage as it might have otherwise.

With regards obstruction of justice, will be curious as to the timing of the report on that and the mid-terms.

Not happy at all about Trump adding one trillion to our deficit.  He has sworn not to let it happen again.  If he does I might be calling him a lousy president, also.  In addition he is placating to the farm lobby and considering allowing ethanol in gasoline to go from 10% to 15%.  If this happens it will cause harm to all our small engines... small cars, motorcycles, boats, tractors, lawn mowers, snowblowers, and all other small engines.  And it drives up the price of corn and food made from corn.  Bad, bad decision to increase the ethanol percentage in gas.  Not everything Trump does I agree with.

well, that's okay then!

I mean - who would have thought that a multiple bankrupt would cause harm to the American economy :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Not everything Trump does I agree with.

How enlightened of you and sorry to hear about the threat to your lawnmower.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you think back to Dubya Bush, the man could barely string three words together.
    It seems that Republican voters like a man with the vocabulary of a six year old.

But nobody claimed it was really a cunning plan of acting the idiot in order to fool everyone that ... erm ... something. There is no reason for a president to behave deliberately like a clown in order to achieve some political master plan ... unless that is for the destruction of the system of governing the country. I seem to remember something about that being one of Bannons goals, but he's out, so even that plan isn't working.

The only plan that makes sense is that there is no plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

circadian wrote: »

What is the story here?  Somebody says a child died, but can't provide any proof?

If it did happen it's sad. But just another reason why you shouldn't drag your children across the boarder, when you know that they will be separated from you.   If it did happen fire the person who was supposed to be watching this child and be done with it.  Then BUILD THE WALL!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Build the wall where? What plans have been come up with?

Are they going to compulsory buy back land? Will there be no go zones around the wall? Will it be on the border or within the US itself? Have they agreed with Mexico who will police the wall. How will repairs to broken parts on the Mexican side be undertaken unless it is on US soil?

18 months in and as with everything else with Trump there is nothing except his whinging and complaining and people claiming build the wall.

You really need to start to ask some questions of this man you have put such faith in, yet he continually fails you on so many issues.

What is the story here?  Somebody says a child died, but can't provide any proof?

If it did happen it's sad. But just another reason why you shouldn't drag your children across the boarder, when you know that they will be separated from you.   If it did happen fire the person who was supposed to be watching this child and be done with it.  Then BUILD THE WALL!

Allowing children to die because their parents dared to try and find a better life for them is not how a civilised society behaves. To try an make excuses for that behaviour from a government is disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

aloyisious wrote: »
    One thing I've been wondering about in respect of the GOP is does it have a/any plan to put forward an alternative to Don Trump as it's nominee should he really foul up closer to election time? Would it take the chance of nominating Mike Pence for the job in preference to Don given the way he's treated the GOP as a political organisation? Has he taken away its control of its voter-base?

We've been mostly talking about the Dems getting their act together to put forward a credible nominee to take the presidency away from Don and the GOP.

Future nominees will definitely borrow his populist "style", yet another grim thing to look forward to.

robinph wrote: »
    Allowing children to die because their parents dared to try and find a better life for them is not how a civilised society behaves. To try an make excuses for that behaviour from a government is disgusting.

Or nothing but blatant trolling.
    Only an utter scumbag would in any way defend the seperation of children from their families.
    If someone feels I am talking to them, yes I do, I'm talking to you. Personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

If you don't mind me asking - I think you mentioned you're based in the USA.
    Are you originally from Ireland, or why are you drawn to this board to push the Trump agenda?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement