Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Pelvis wrote: »
    That's a fairly gigantic leap tbh.

What could Kushner share that the Saudis couldn't know themselves? The guy wrote for the Washington Post, he wasn't exactly in hiding. He was in the embassy on the Friday and was asked to return on the Tuesday, at which point he goes missing. If they wanted him dead they certainly didn't need any help.

He was looking at daily briefings for a time. Then he went to meet MBS and a day or two later he went on a stalinesque purge. The link is from the intercept but Greenwald isn't on the byline.

In late October, Jared Kushner made an unannounced trip to Riyadh, catching some intelligence officials off guard. “The two princes are said to have stayed up until nearly 4 a.m. several nights, swapping stories and planning strategy,” the Washington Post’s David Ignatius reported at the time.
    What exactly Kushner and the Saudi royal talked about in Riyadh may be known only to them, but after the meeting, Crown Prince Mohammed told confidants that Kushner had discussed the names of Saudis disloyal to the crown prince, according to three sources who have been in contact with members of the Saudi and Emirati royal families since the crackdown. Kushner, through his attorney’s spokesperson, denies having done so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Stock market falls over 2% today. This is being lead by tech stocks as the market is worried about the trade war with China. Thanks Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,947 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pelvis wrote: »
    That's a fairly gigantic leap tbh.

What could Kushner share that the Saudis couldn't know themselves? The guy wrote for the Washington Post, he wasn't exactly in hiding. He was in the embassy on the Friday and was asked to return on the Tuesday, at which point he goes missing. If they wanted him dead they certainly didn't need any help.

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1050476328489820160?s=19

Some info here that might be of interest to you and others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,786 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Watched the Kanye monologue. Confused rubbish. Def on some sort of meds. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,299 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Watched the Kanye monologue. Confused rubbish. Def on some sort of meds. Dreadful stuff.

Two complete bellends complementing each other perfectly.

I don't know which aspect of this all happening in his Oval FDR would rotate in his grave most about, the ignorance, the swearing, the wearing a hat, the lack of a coat and tie...?

How embarrassing for America.

• Advertisement

##Mod Snip##

Hope this doesn't count as a link dump.

Was watching this earlier and it's just amazing. He comes out around 13 minutes into the video. If you want to get angry just watch it. I know it's tarring with one brush but the crowd are idiots. I don't want to say that, I don't want to think it, but they are. The inane ramblings and repetitions and talking about the election. The outright lies. They lap it all up.
    Without a crash he's in again in 2020.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

##Mod Snip##

Hope this doesn't count as a link dump. Was watching this earlier and it's just amazing. He comes out around 13 minutes into the video. If you want to get angry just watch it. I know it's tarring with one brush but the crowd are idiots. I don't want to say that, I don't want to think it, but they are. The inane ramblings and repetitions and talking about the election. The outright lies. They lap it all up.
    Without a crash he's in again in 2020.

It's a mirror of George Orwell's "Two Minutes Hate" from 1984.

“The horrible thing about the Two Minutes Hate was not that one was obliged to act a part, but, on the contrary, that it was impossible to avoid joining in.”

Trump is just feeding the lust for hate and anger in 2018 in a selection of his Base... Dreadful stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Fox News are in full election mode now, the Dow crashes for a second day in a row and not one mention of it from them as it makes Trump look very bad. At end if session they announced he will meet with Xi at the G20, I expected the markets especially Chinese stocks to bounce ( which they have in premarket) today and then Fox will be back all over the recovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

If you were the Chinese "Baghdad Bob" (Comical Ali?), you could be reporting on record Chinese trade surplus with the US today: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/12/trade-war-china-record-surplus-with-the-us-in-september-beijing-says.html

(Of course, the tariffs haven't impacted yet.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

kilns wrote: »
    Fox News are in full election mode now, the Dow crashes for a second day in a row and not one mention of it from them as it makes Trump look very bad. At end if session they announced he will meet with Xi at the G20, I expected the markets especially Chinese stocks to bounce ( which they have in premarket) today and then Fox will be back all over the recovery

It will take them a while to find a spin angle. They'll go on the attack in the mean time to distract. When they have come up with the correct spin they'll start posting reporting again.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

CNN spent 2 years ignoring the booming Stock market and record levels reached under Trump Administration, but found time to headline this weeks drop.

DOW Futures are at the 400 mark, the panic is over for now.

I suspect among other things its the polling numbers contributing to this , they are indicating a red wave, and investors like that, they like that the GOP will hold the reins after the mid-terms.
    Any indication of the Dems getting back some control is spooking the market.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    CNN spent 2 years ignoring the booming Stock market and record levels reached under Trump Administration, but found time to headline this weeks drop.

That's just a straight up lie. Even a 5 second google will bring up quite a number of CNN reports on the economy.

Were you panicking?

I suspect among other things its the polling numbers contributing to this , they are indicating a red wave, and investors like that, they like that the GOP will hold the reins after the mid-terms.

Can you link those red wave polls you are referring to? The ones I have seen have shown a general swing to the left with the senate perhaps remaining the same.

It's truly amazing you have found a way to blame the dems on the economy dip even though they currently have no power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Fox News are in full election mode now, the Dow crashes for a second day in a row and not one mention of it from them as it makes Trump look very bad.  At end if session they announced he will meet with Xi at the G20, I expected the markets especially Chinese stocks to bounce ( which they have in premarket) today and then Fox will be back all over the recovery

Do you even read CNN as that is a lie, they comment on the highs of the Dow on a regular basis
    The fact that the Dow is in its biggest correction in nearly a year and Fox deem it not newsworthy speaks volumes.  
    Sooner or later the US will go into recession and it will fall hard, will Fox ignore this or who will they blame, the Fed??

When asked whether his comments about the press being the enemy of the people had any link to the murder of the Saudi journalist, Trump had no comment.

When asked by Fox about the relationship between SA and the US, Trump said it was "excellent"

When asked would he do something about the incident, he said the journalist was not even an american citizen (he was a permenant resident working for an American Company), that he didn't like it, but the US is selling in excess of $1 Billion in arms to the SA, and he wasn't going to jeopardise that. Fact check - Obama sold a fraction of that to them, there is no $1 Billion dollar deal, they are beholden to the US for arms, not the other way around.

In other words, he could do something, but he will do **** all.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

everlast75 wrote: »
    When asked whether his comments about the press being the enemy of the people had any link to the murder of the Saudi journalist, Trump had no comment.

When asked by Fox about the relationship between SA and the US, Trump said it was "excellent"

When asked would he do something about the incident, he said the journalist was not even an american citizen (he was a permenant resident working for an American Company), that he didn't like it, but the US is selling in excess of $1 Billion in arms to the SA, and he wasn't going to jeopardise that. Fact check - Obama sold a fraction of that to them, there is no $1 Billion dollar deal, they are beholden to the US for arms, not the other way around.

In other words, he could do something, but he will do **** all.

That was the worst part for me..

So , if you spend enough money with the US you can (allegedly) get away with extra-judicial murder.

Just horrible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Jesus tap dancing Christ, Fox is just nuts.

Headline: Marc Thiessen: Trump could be the most honest president in modern history.

Translation from the article "Don't get me wrong, Trump lies all the time" but "when it comes to the real barometer of presidential truthfulness -- keeping his promises -- Trump is a paragon of honesty".*

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/marc-thiessen-trump-could-be-the-most-honest-president-in-modern-history

Don't mind about his lies, he's keeping his campaign promises. MAGA, wohoo who needs truth!

*Warning Campaign promises may not be met/kept/realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

Headline: Marc Thiessen: Trump could be the most honest president in modern history.

Translation from the article "Don't get me wrong, Trump lies all the time" but "when it comes to the real barometer of presidential truthfulness -- keeping his promises -- Trump is a paragon of honesty".*

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/marc-thiessen-trump-could-be-the-most-honest-president-in-modern-history

Don't mind about his lies, he's keeping his campaign promises. MAGA, wohoo who needs truth!

*Warning Campaign promises may not be met/kept/realistic.
    Indeed. No wall, Nafta resigned with minimal changes. China not considered a currency manipulator and even his own supporters are trying to deny that he had a Muslim ban!

Oh and healthcare was so easy as well and Hillary is still at large with access to emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He said this on the week that apparently is Trump's second most lie-y week according to those who monitor such things.

Anyone else hoping for another Comey moment?

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1050700544946384896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,741 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

everlast75 wrote: »
    Anyone else hoping for another Comey moment?

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1050700544946384896

"Greatest economy ever"
    "North Korea's now doing what we want"
    "China's about to agree to a deal."
    "Kavanaugh? Who"
    "Kids in cages? Obama did that."
    "Did I mention the economy. Lowest unemployment rate ever, jobs coming back to America."
    "While we're at it, did I mention the economy? That 800+ Dow drop's on the Fed, not me."

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    "Greatest economy ever"
    "North Korea's now doing what we want"
    "China's about to agree to a deal."
    "Kavanaugh? Who"
    "Kids in cages? Obama did that."
    "Did I mention the economy. Lowest unemployment rate ever, jobs coming back to America."
    "While we're at it, did I mention the economy? That 800+ Dow drop's on the Fed, not me."

I just sincerely hopes that she is extremely well prepared. She seems to be a very experienced journalist.

Any question asked should have a multitude of corroborating facts.

She should anticipate the usual BS and have facts there to contradict.

Anything he says now that contradicts what he said earlier, should be checked with his own quotes along with the date.

Fingers crossed.

Generally, other journalists have been woefully inept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is 60 minutes a live broadcast? I’d imagine the interviewer will have to make a lot of commitments as to what questions she can’t ask and what topics she has to stay away from.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is 60 minutes a live broadcast? I’d imagine the interviewer will have to make a lot of commitments as to what questions she can’t ask and what topics she has to stay away from.

I'd be surprised if there was any difficult unrehearsed questions.

Interesting article on fivethirtyeight this week about the STRENGTH of the GOP .
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-states-where-democrats-or-republicans-could-seize-full-control-of-government/

I realised the GOP under Donald Trump was in a strong position what with holding the Presidential, Congress and House , and I was well aware of just how many state legislative seats were lost by the Democrats under Obama.. but fivethirtyeight put some more numbers to the overall strength of the GOP.

A state-government trifecta — when the state’s governor, Senate and House are all controlled by the same party .
    The Republicans have 28 STATE TRIFECTAS
    The Democrats have only 8 !

So thats 28 states where the GOP have FULL CONTROL of the State government, with the Democrats only having 8 .

These sort of numbers and inidcation of control give even more value to the electoral college and how the winner, in this case Donald Trump is truly representing the State balance of power.

And looking at those numbers, I cant see any hope for the blue wave.
    The Democrats have even taken to some in fighting over how to handle the GOP, do they adopt the civil or un-civil approach.

And CNN just keeping adding fuel to the fire, calling Kanye West a 'token negro' and saying his visit to the Oval Office was 'A Minstrel Show' well thats certainly not wining any votes for the Democrats. CNN is certainly reaching new lows.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/cnn-panel-slammed-after-calling-kanye-west-token-negro/vi-BBOeGAX

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don-lemon-kanye-west-donald-trump_us_5bc0048ee4b01a01d688fceb

Interesting article on fivethirtyeight this week about the STRENGTH of the GOP .
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-states-where-democrats-or-republicans-could-seize-full-control-of-government/

I realised the GOP under Donald Trump was in a strong position what with holding the Presidential, Congress and House , and I was well aware of just how many state legislative seats were lost by the Democrats under Obama.. but fivethirtyeight put some more numbers to the overall strength of the GOP.

A state-government trifecta — when the state’s governor, Senate and House are all controlled by the same party .

So thats 28 states where the GOP have FULL CONTROL of the State government, with the Democrats only having 8 .

These sort of numbers and inidcation of control give even more value to the electoral college and how the winner, in this case Donald Trump is truly representing the State balance of power.

The Democrats have even taken to some in fighting over how to handle the GOP, do they adopt the civil or un-civil approach.

And CNN just keeping adding fuel to the fire, calling Kanye West a 'token negro' and saying his visit to the Oval Office was 'A Minstrel Show' well thats certainly not wining any votes for the Democrats. CNN is certainly reaching new lows.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/cnn-panel-slammed-after-calling-kanye-west-token-negro/vi-BBOeGAX

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don-lemon-kanye-west-donald-trump_us_5bc0048ee4b01a01d688fceb

Not hard to keep power when you control who can vote against you.

National civil rights groups sued Georgia’s top elections official and Republican candidate for governor, Brian Kemp, on Thursday after the Associated Press reported that 53,000 people who submitted voter registration applications have been blocked from the voter rolls. Seventy percent of these applicants, who are now on a “pending” list, are black, even though Georgia is only 32 percent African American.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/10/voting-rights-group-sues-to-get-thousands-of-blocked-voters-registered-in-georgia/

In four of your trifecta states, there has been voter suppression in the form of closing polling stations. Alabama, Arizona, South Carolina and Texas.

Ohio passed a law allowing massive voter purges too. Another of your trifectas.

North Dakota passed a law requiring particular documentation to register which wasn't available to Native Americans. Another trifecta.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-have-a-secret-weapon-in-the-midterms-voter-suppression?ref=scroll

Then of course you have the gerrymandering in Wisconsin. Another trifecta.

That's seven of your trifectas in a very cursory investigation. Why are the GOP so against all citizens having a vote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

It is extremely difficult to conduct a useful debate in a discussion forum when some posts are simply made up of lying propaganda. By the time other posters challenge the lies, the subject originally under discussion has been lost. This deflection and diversion is all too often a part of what passes for political reporting in the US, and is debasing the currency of what truth is to most honest people. The thousands of lies deliberately spun out by a President who is apparently without a moral compass, aided and abetted by KAC's 'alternative facts' angle, together with his acolytes in Fox and other right-wing websites mean that many/most so-called facts from that direction are simply not to be believed.

Its a pity to see that plague being injected here.

Not hard to keep power when you control who can vote against you.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/10/voting-rights-group-sues-to-get-thousands-of-blocked-voters-registered-in-georgia/

In four of your trifecta states, there has been voter suppression in the form of closing polling stations. Alabama, Arizona, South Carolina and Texas.

Ohio passed a law allowing massive voter purges too. Another of your trifectas.

North Dakota passed a law requiring particular documentation to register which wasn't available to Native Americans. Another trifecta.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/republicans-have-a-secret-weapon-in-the-midterms-voter-suppression?ref=scroll

Then of course you have the gerrymandering in Wisconsin. Another trifecta.

That's seven of your trifectas in a very cursory investigation. Why are the GOP so against all citizens having a vote?

All US citizens have a vote , once their over 18 with the exception of felons

Perhaps the left should build a case and bring it to the Supreme Court.
    I know their last attempt was not succesful, perhaps they will have better luck now that Brett Kavanaugh is there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

And for some reason they're STILL powerless to finally Lock Up Hillary Clinton! :D

I know their last attempt was not succesful, perhaps they will have better luck now that Brett Kavanaugh is there.

Do you even read the posts?

The one you are replying to says that there is voter suppression.

Your reply? "Everyone has a vote".

At least try and engage with the points being made.

• Advertisement

Except they quite clearly don't. The GOP blocks them.

Which attempt are yo referring to? Have you nothing to say about the actual examples I posted?

Edit: Any sign of those polls you spoke of earlier indicating a red wave?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement