Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

No CF - they and you are wrong - the tax changes take effect in 2018 - but people will not see any benefit from them until they file their federal tax returns in April 2019.

To date - nobody has seen an increase in their pay packet as a result of these tax changes.

Feb 15th was the latest date that the new 2018 withholdings were to be implemented according to the IRS . So please excuse me if I believe them over you. It can be debated as to how much it increased peoples pay packet but for you to try to claim that no changes took effect (or will take effect )in 2018 or that nobody has seen an increase despite a reduction in tax rates is not quite true.

The IRS released a news release announcing Notice 1036, which updates the income-tax withholding tables for 2018 reflecting changes made by the tax reform legislation enacted last month.
    The updated withholding information, posted on IRS.gov, shows the new rates for employers to use during 2018. Employers should begin using the 2018 withholding tables as soon as possible, but not later than Feb. 15, 2018. They should continue to use the 2017 withholding tables until implementing the 2018 withholding tables.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I am directing this at no one in particular (and I mean that), but has anyone else noticed...

While this thread is very on point and backed up by facts and figure and in the main, the debate, when it does happen, is quite informed - for the most part anyway, but every now and again, a Trump supporter will drop in with a counterpoint not based in fact, and then bugger off when their point is debunked.

Just articulating a bugbear is all..

If you can tell me what part of my statement that some of the tax cuts were indeed implemented in 2018 was not correct (as per The IRS) I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

seamus wrote: »
    virtually all domestic terrorism in the US is carried out by white conservative (christian) men.

Congratulations on the identity politics "otherizing"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,837 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Unfortunately Trump's rhetoric finds it's home at the feet of lunatics - it's inevitable but he doesn't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Words have consequences.

Another package intercepted addressed to former AG Eric Holder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Great to see the mental gymnastics being performed online. It's all left wing or liberal targets so it's probably right wingers sending them isn't it?

No, of course it's Soros and other lefties sending them to themselves :rolleyes: if I roll my eyes any harder here I'll have a ****ing stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

There's an evacuation at Kamala Harris's office too. There will most likely be more precautionary evacuations as the day goes on even if no bombs are found.

Great to see the mental gymnastics being performed online. It's all left wing or liberal targets so it's probably right wingers sending them isn't it?

No, of course it's Soros and other lefties sending them to themselves :rolleyes: if I roll my eyes any harder here I'll have a ****ing stroke.

It even happened on the previous page of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's obviously a plot by the UN to discredit Trump and keep Russia/North Korea/Iran happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

Jesus. And yet, this was so damned inevitable. Pizzagate should have been enough warning that if you gaslight people to the extent the Trumpian right-wing have been doing, a fruitcake is eventually going to go way beyond angry letters.

At least they're well warned now. I hope all the devices are caught.

I wonder do the "patriots" that do things like this ever think of some poor postal sorters picking up their bloody parcel, or are potential accidents like that just incidental collateral damage for the Cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Might be Kamala Harris' office, might be the San Diego Union Tribune. Is this national bomb someone day in the US?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/412937-san-diego-union-tribune-staff-evacuated-after-suspicious-package-found

Since Trump gets credit (from his cult members) for everything that happens under his Administration, this is entirely on him for humanizing lunatics and spurring them on. Any blood shed is on Trump's head. Failure to catch this in advance is entirely due to his aggressive attacks on the FBI and his failure to fill large numbers of positions in all the agencies. Trump might as well be the one putting the mailing labels on.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Might be Kamala Harris' office, might be the San Diego Union Tribune. Is this national bomb someone day in the US?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/412937-san-diego-union-tribune-staff-evacuated-after-suspicious-package-found

Since Trump gets credit (from his cult members) for everything that happens under his Administration, this is entirely on him for humanizing lunatics and spurring them on. Any blood shed is on Trump's head. Failure to catch this in advance is entirely due to his aggressive attacks on the FBI and his failure to fill large numbers of positions in all the agencies. Trump might as well be the one putting the mailing labels on.

Pf, anything *good* is down to Trump. Anything *bad* is the lying librul media making things up and being traitors to the country.

Mind you, the FBI/security is doing a pretty good job catching these.

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Words have consequences.

That might be why a lot of people thought that a bloviating buffoon with no filter might not make a good president.

Here's the one sent to Brennan:

DqSdOfSW4AAhs9-.jpg

Just to add; these devices have been described by law enforcement as "crude but functional". I presume that "functional" here is just another term for "able to go BOOM".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,253 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is that a clock on the outside of it ?

Devices also sent to Eric Holder and Andrew Cuomo.

The package that led to the office of Debbie wasserman Schultz was actually addressed to former AG Eric Holder with the return address being the congresswoman. Her office was the return address on the obama, Clinton, soros and CNN packages.

Why do I get the feeling that there will be idiots who will take that as proof Wassermann-Schulz sent them?

Edit/delete - basically what igotadose said, just slower :P

The Andrew Cuomo one has been denied. Or at least it was about 20 minutes ago.

The denial may have been premature...

Andrew cuomo ? The governor of New York ? I didn't see that although he was at a press conference outside CNN. I'm sure his brother Chris would prefer his brother to visit his place of work under better circumstances.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is that a clock on the outside of it ?

It certainly looks like an LCD display.

Rhineshark wrote: »
    Apparently the return address for the Obama, Clinton and Brennan devices was Wassermann-Schulz' office. As the Brennan one didn't get anywhere useful it was returned.

(Why do I get the feeling that there will be idiots who will take that as proof W-S sent them?)

The Eric holder one had the wrong/former address on it so it was returned. Is some idiot trying to frame the congresswoman ?

For those keeping count, we're now up to 6 devices posted:

Hillary Clinton.

Barack Obama.

John Brennan (at CNN).

Eric Holder.

Andrew Cuomo.

George Soros.

Now Cuomo saying that one was in fact addressed to him.

He just confirmed himself during a press conference.

A possible seventh possible one sent to the Congressional sorting office.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Eric holder one had the wrong/former address on it so it was returned. Is some idiot trying to frame the congresswoman ?

I got Brennan and Holder mixed up but deleted that part of my post anyway as you'd said it at the same time :P

Eh, I could see her address as a return being used to "legitimise" it as it went through the system. And if an addess was wrong, well...

But no doubt there will be *some* idiot who will argue she dunnit.

And there is always the possibility that someone deluded enough to do something like this is also deluded enough to think a clumsy framing would work, despite that no-one would put a *return address* on a poorly labelled bomb! (At least no-one who has heard of the Darwin Awards!)

He just confirmed himself during a press conference.

A possible seventh possible one sent to the Congressional sorting office.

Yep. Saw that. Edited the post with updated info.

They haven't released the name of the addressee of the one in the sorting office yet.

Yep. Saw that. Edited the post with updated info.

They haven't released the name of the addressee of the one in the sorting office yet.

Of course, the minority leader in the House of Representatives is Nancy Pelosi. Just a guess, but she's vilified and demonised by those on the far right.

Of course, the minority leader in the House of Representatives is Nancy Pelosi. Just a guess, but she's vilified and demonised by those on the far right.

And for a long time. Yeah, I think you might be onto something there. And even if it wasn't, I have no doubt that security will be checking her mail as a likely target anyway.

• Advertisement

I hope Nancy pelosi isn't picking out new curtains or carpet for the office of the speaker in the capital as even IF the dems do take back control of the house I could easily see her being removed as majority leader and therefore not being speaker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement