Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

everlast75 wrote: »

It is actually incredible that the POTUS is making conspiracy theories whilst there are a unknown amount of bombs currently targeting political leaders of the US.

How can any of his supporters stand by him? They have given up any notion of what America is about and have completely sold themselves to the new State of Trump. They should be ashamed of themselves and any of them that claim they are looking to MAGA when they stand aside and let the POTUS carry on like this when America is literally under attack simply don't understand what loving your country actually means.

He has also just tweeted, complaining that he has lost Twitter followers.

The guy has completely lost it.

Time has come for the 25th Amendment...

Man arrested in Florida....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I would give equal odds on him being a democrat, republican, isis, Russian, Chinease or a simple lunatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

"Florida Man" isn't a meme for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

If this turns out to be the person and they are an obvious diehard Trump supporter, then the fallout for the midterms might be very significant.

Cannon House Office Building has been evacuated, where Nancy Pelosi's office is located.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Unemployed people watch a lot of TV.

If this turns out to be the person and they are an obvious diehard Trump supporter, then the fallout for the midterms might be very significant.

Does this count?

https://twitter.com/BoingBoing/status/1055844596897452032

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭circadian

If this arrest looks like the culprit expect the FBI conspiracy theory from the big man himself, especially if Fox run with it first.

Can't wait to see all of the apologies from the posters in the "False Flag" thread in After Hours.....

circadian wrote: »
    If this arrest looks like the culprit expect the FBI conspiracy theory from the big man himself, especially if Fox run with it first.

*mods - please excuse the language*

https://twitter.com/AngrierWHStaff/status/1055849621937946624?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,745 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Best comment there - "World's worst captcha!" Still laughing over that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Has anybody shouted "it's disgusting how left-wing Democrat crazies are politicising this" yet?

I'd like to know for the purposes of my right-wing cliche bingo card, like.

Yeah, I'd say that just about gets over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Water John wrote: »
    Spacecoyote, you're giving away your age, you don't remember the gerrymandering, which was synonomous the elections in NI.
    All electronic voting systems should have a simple printout also.

Don't know if I'd class NI as a functioning democracy :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Come on: does anyone really think, in 2018, if this is indeed the bomber that it's going to change the rhetoric of the Info Wars style demographic one iota? I can already see the goal-post shifting, and hear the cognitive gear shifts; they'll scream about it being too obvious, convenient "I hate Dems" posters and so on. And who knows what Trump himself will claim, probably some of those conveniently ambiguous attacks on the believability of the accused.

For goodness, you have mental gymnasts even this side of the pond insisting that he couldn't be a bomber 'cos they weren't technically real bombs. I'd say that people would have to be killed, but even then... even then, American political discourse rejects any reality to discomforting to political prejudice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Newstalk have offered the suspect to host a new weekly show with the option of a daily one if he can attract enough bigots to listen to it.

And he'll have a column in this weekend's Sunday Indo, airing the "legitimate grievances that the rest of media ignore".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,253 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

From the pictures of the van those stickers on the windows do look like some of them look like trump or at least the presidential seal. The stuff on the back window looks like a load of writing.

• Advertisement

I can see the GOP and those supporters using the sideshow bob defense of "die Bart die" being German and not wishing death on a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

More Georgia voter suppression. And the guy who is supposed to ensure it doesn't happen is the guy benefiting from it. Unreal.
    Tillman told The Hill that the county voter registration and elections board "is in receipt of a list, provided by the Democratic Party of Georgia, of approximately 4,700 registered voters that the party claims requested absentee ballot forms via a mailer sent out by the party."

"After reviewing the list of names, there is evidence that the county received 48 of those voter absentee ballot request forms. All 48 of those forms have been processed,” Tillman said in a statement.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Come on: does anyone really think, in 2018, if this is indeed the bomber that it's going to change the rhetoric of the Info Wars style demographic one iota? I can already see the goal-post shifting, and hear the cognitive gear shifts; they'll scream about it being too obvious, convenient "I hate Dems" posters and so on. And who knows what Trump himself will claim, probably some of those conveniently ambiguous attacks on the believability of the accused.

For goodness, you have mental gymnasts even this side of the pond insisting that he couldn't be a bomber 'cos they weren't technically real bombs. I'd say that people would have to be killed, but even then... even then, American political discourse rejects any reality to discomforting to political prejudice.

Cuomo has stated categorically that these bombs were viable. He could be lying I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Don't know if I'd class NI as a functioning democracy :D

Enough of the one-liners please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Cesar Sayoc, 56, from Florida arrested. Photo from previous arrest.

https://twitter.com/MylesMill/status/1055850259635683331

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Cuomo has stated categorically that these bombs were viable. He could be lying I suppose.

I'm sure he could well have, but my point still stands: we live in an era when conspiracy theorists and Flat Earthers alike feel emboldened and legitimised, while the sitting US President dissembles or spreads conspiracies about his own agencies. Partisanship now outweighs common sense and decency.

Hell, this whole incident could have been a slam dunk for any embattled President, let alone Trump; had he any self-awareness or empathy he could have stood in front of the nation, condemned the attacks in no uncertain terms with some generalised "while we may disagree with each other..." style speech. Nope.

Trump is live now.

"terrorising acts"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

I do enjoy how you can have someone like this and people will say we have to wait and see. If someone gets injured in a car accident Trump supporters automatically assume it's a Muslim and they all need to be banned.

• Advertisement

It's funny that he's saying violence must stop and saying the things he should say but we know damn well he doesn't believe a single thing he's saying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement