Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

vetinari wrote: »
    Trump and the Republican party are pretty much as one at this point.
    A vote for a Republican candidate is a vote for Trump.
    He has even said this repeatedly himself.

Like Leroy42 mentioned, there's no gap anymore.
    You vote Republican, you're saying you're okay with his racism and xenophobia.
    And to be fair to him, most of his supporters are.

Clinton's biggest mistake was not backing away from the deplorables comment.
    You don't win elections by persuading voters, you do by getting your base vote out.
    Backing away from the obvious statement that voting for a racist is well deplorable made her look weak.

She did get 2,868,686 votes more than Trump, lest we forget.

How many of them were in places like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania or Ohio? You know, the States which were actually up for grabs? The Democrat base tends to be in the megalopoli. Many, many people, but a few tens of thousand more or a few tens of thousand less in California or New York wouldn’t make a heck of a lot of difference to the final outcome. Getting your base out makes great talking point, getting the vote out where it counts is what wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I will agree with you only partially. Yes, the Ds will take the House. Yes, there is something of a referendum on Trump going on.

However, Trump is not on the ballot. It’s John Doe, Republican, against John Smith, Democrat, with their own policies. If you hate Trump and dislike how John Doe has been cosying up to him, then your dislike for Trump may well help you not vote for him. (Maybe vote L or something if you can’t stand the D, but not vote for the R). That will help the D candidate, as will people who are mobilized just because of the reaction to Trump. That proportion, however, is not as big as those who are still going to weigh the pros and cons of John Smith before choosing to cast a vote for him. It is a mistake, I think, to view this election purely as a Trump referendum, if Rs keep or lose the house,

At least after tomorrow we will stop being bombarded with advertisements, SMS messages, recorded calls, and survey calls...

As another example of the perfidity of those in charge of elections, California’s Prop 6 is a case in point.

It started a couple years ago when the D supermajority in CA raised the tax of petrol yet again. They knew there would be a fight based on past experience (we like our cars, it’s why Governor Davis was recalled) and basically had to bribe the last D to vote in favour of it. This led to two immediate results.

Firstly, that D politician was immediately recalled in a special election called by the voters. Secondly, an initiative was immediately started to put into the ballot a proposition to repeal the gas tax. This became Prop 6.

However, the government in Sacramento gets to say what the exact wording is, not the voters. So, Prop 6 on the ballot does not say “repeal the gas tax”, which would almost certainly pass handily,it instead is a proposition to repeal road repair and transportation funding. Much less likely to pass, especially given the horrendous state of California’s roads. (Which are horrible despite our having the highest gas taxes in the nation, so we’re not sure the benefit of even more).

Yet as a nation you want less federal influence and more local influence.

Federal tax on fuel I'm sure wouldn't fly.

I think it's a case of an unrealistic republican voters constantly saying less tax but wanting services and infrastructure to be the same as it was in the 40s

I say unrealistic because that's exactly what it is. It's the reason they constantly battle against anything social related because it requires taxes to pay for it. Something that is a given in well run places like Canada where life expectancy and infant mortality is higher.

It's partially why when I hear Americans say it's the greatest country on earth I have to groan as it's basically them trying to convince themselves.

vetinari wrote: »
    Trump and the Republican party are pretty much as one at this point.
    A vote for a Republican candidate is a vote for Trump.
    He has even said this repeatedly himself.

Like Leroy42 mentioned, there's no gap anymore.
    You vote Republican, you're saying you're okay with his racism and xenophobia.
    And to be fair to him, most of his supporters are.

Clinton's biggest mistake was not backing away from the deplorables comment.
    You don't win elections by persuading voters, you do by getting your base vote out.
    Backing away from the obvious statement that voting for a racist is well deplorable made her look weak.

Republican voters will largely support the people they'd have always voted for, especially at state-level. Some will stay home because of Trump, but the core of the vote will vote because of party affiliation.

If you want to paint them all as racists and xenophones, go ahead. It's meaningless at this stage anyway.

Republican voters will largely support the people they'd have always voted for, especially at state-level. Some will stay home because of Trump, but the core of the vote will vote because of party affiliation.

If you want to paint them all as racists and xenophones, go ahead. It's meaningless at this stage anyway.

It may be better to paint the ones who don't want to assist people as Non American.

Because that wasn't the American way. .... Supposedly.

Additionally it may be best to paint the ones who don't want to assist people as non Christian. Which is funny as Christians whole speak is about being Christian to others and the Republican party are the party of religions liberty .

So you have non Americans and non Christians flaming to be the greatest at both.

Perplexing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

listermint wrote: »
    I will agree with you only partially. Yes, the Ds will take the House. Yes, there is something of a referendum on Trump going on.

However, Trump is not on the ballot. It’s John Doe, Republican, against John Smith, Democrat, with their own policies. If you hate Trump and dislike how John Doe has been cosying up to him, then your dislike for Trump may well help you not vote for him. (Maybe vote L or something if you can’t stand the D, but not vote for the R). That will help the D candidate, as will people who are mobilized just because of the reaction to Trump. That proportion, however, is not as big as those who are still going to weigh the pros and cons of John Smith before choosing to cast a vote for him. It is a mistake, I think, to view this election purely as a Trump referendum, if Rs keep or lose the house,

At least after tomorrow we will stop being bombarded with advertisements, SMS messages, recorded calls, and survey calls...

As another example of the perfidity of those in charge of elections, California’s Prop 6 is a case in point.

It started a couple years ago when the D supermajority in CA raised the tax of petrol yet again. They knew there would be a fight based on past experience (we like our cars, it’s why Governor Davis was recalled) and basically had to bribe the last D to vote in favour of it. This led to two immediate results.

Firstly, that D politician was immediately recalled in a special election called by the voters. Secondly, an initiative was immediately started to put into the ballot a proposition to repeal the gas tax. This became Prop 6.

However, the government in Sacramento gets to say what the exact wording is, not the voters. So, Prop 6 on the ballot does not say “repeal the gas tax”, which would almost certainly pass handily,it instead is a proposition to repeal road repair and transportation funding. Much less likely to pass, especially given the horrendous state of California’s roads. (Which are horrible despite our having the highest gas taxes in the nation, so we’re not sure the benefit of even more).

Yet as a nation you want less federal influence and more local influence.

Federal tax on fuel I'm sure wouldn't fly.

I think it's a case of an unrealistic republican voters constantly saying less tax but wanting services and infrastructure to be the same as it was in the 40s

I say unrealistic because that's exactly what it is. It's the reason they constantly battle against anything social related because it requires taxes to pay for it. Something that is a given in well run places like Canada where life expectancy and infant mortality is higher.

It's partially why when I hear Americans say it's the greatest country on earth I have to groan as it's basically them trying to convince themselves.

I don’t think it’s a matter of the tax rate, it’s a matter of the mismanagement of the taxes they are brining in. The perfect case in point being our healthcare and education systems. We spend ridiculous amounts of money on them, and they are.... shall we say inefficient at converting the dollar value into successful service? The US Governments will be spending some $1.7 trillion on healthcare, $1.1trillion on education this year. (vs 970bn of defense). That’s before private dollar values enter into the equation. For that amount of dollar value, we should be getting a damned sight more than we are.

The same with the gas tax. I fill up in California with 91 octane at about 4.15/gallon. I filled up today in Leander, TX with 93 octane at 2.86/gallon. My experience of Texas roads has been far better than California’s which needs some $65bn of repairs. (Officially, 0.37% of the Texas Interstate Highways are in poor condition, vs 7.18% in California, the second worst in the country. See page 23. https://reason.org/wp-content/uploads/files/20th_annual_highway_report.pdf It gets worse for urban motorways, 17%.) For comparison, the entire state budget for California for everything is $200bn. The problem isn’t whether Californians pay tax. They pay lots of tax. For that, we officially have the worst congestion in the country, and it’s citizens pay $61bn in repair costs to their vehicles. Annually. (https://www.equipmentworld.com/bad-roads-cost-calif-drivers-61b-a-year-trip-research-shows/) The problem is what is done with it in the meantime, which has two roots.

Firstly, California pays 2.5times the national average per new mile of road. $420,000. We pay five times the national average on administration.
    Secondly, California kept “borrowing” from the highway fund to go instead into the general fund. Instead of paying for those bridges to be fixed, they instead went to whatever else the State decided it needed to spend money on.

We are paying the taxes. We want to see result commensurate with what we’re paying in.

On the matter of the elections, one thing not mentioned to keep an eye on are the governors’s races. As the Republicans own most of them, the Democrats are likely to pick up a couple, the notable big win would be Florida. Georgia and Ohio are also garnering a fair bit of attention.

• Advertisement

I do think it's a matter of taxes. Voters can actually be funneled down to base basic things . Those basic things differ for each individual but they are basic things.

Taxes and federal control are key Republican items.

They are the party of low to no tax.

Oh and as for the fuel. For the biggest polluter in the world in terms of carbon output per GDP the us needs a reality check.

We pay about 6 dollars per Gallon here. Your fuel prices are not high. So am adjustment is required both in terms of usage and vehicle size.

It's not sustainable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I do think it's a matter of taxes. Voters can actually be funneled down to base basic things . Those basic things differ for each individual but they are basic things.

Taxes and federal control are key Republican items.

They are the party of low to no tax.

Oh and as for the fuel. For the biggest polluter in the world in terms of carbon output per GDP the us needs a reality check.

We pay about 6 dollars per litre here. Your fuel prices are not high. So am adjustment is required both in terms of usage and vehicle size.

It's not sustainable

Trump and his supporters have no credence talking about who should pay what tax.

His family defrauded the State for decades. He refuses to release his tax returns on a completely BS grounds that he is still being audited. I mean, does anyone here really believe that?

Over here, we recoil when Bono starts talking about the welfare system on the grounds that he pays little or no tax here. Casey ran for president and again, people naturally raised the same issue.

I cannot figure it out. It's like Trump supporters don't seem to have a gag reflex. They'll just keep eating that shyte sandwich and even worse, ask for more

everlast75 wrote: »
    Donny Jr, Roger Stone for starters.

And if the Dems get some control of the committees.....

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1059624097217478661?s=19

Interesting that it might be that soon...

I don’t think it’s a matter of the tax rate, it’s a matter of the mismanagement of the taxes they are brining in. The perfect case in point being our healthcare and education systems. We spend ridiculous amounts of money on them, and they are.... shall we say inefficient at converting the dollar value into successful service? The US Governments will be spending some $1.7 trillion on healthcare, $1.1trillion on education this year. (vs 970bn of defense). That’s before private dollar values enter into the equation. For that amount of dollar value, we should be getting a damned sight more than we are.

The same with the gas tax. I fill up in California with 91 octane at about 4.15/gallon. I filled up today in Leander, TX with 93 octane at 2.86/gallon. My experience of Texas roads has been far better than California’s which needs some $65bn of repairs. (Officially, 0.37% of the Texas Interstate Highways are in poor condition, vs 7.18% in California, the second worst in the country. See page 23. https://reason.org/wp-content/uploads/files/20th_annual_highway_report.pdf It gets worse for urban motorways, 17%.) For comparison, the entire state budget for California for everything is $200bn. The problem isn’t whether Californians pay tax. They pay lots of tax. For that, we officially have the worst congestion in the country, and it’s citizens pay $61bn in repair costs to their vehicles. Annually. (https://www.equipmentworld.com/bad-roads-cost-calif-drivers-61b-a-year-trip-research-shows/) The problem is what is done with it in the meantime, which has two roots.

Firstly, California pays 2.5times the national average per new mile of road. $420,000. We pay five times the national average on administration.
    Secondly, California kept “borrowing” from the highway fund to go instead into the general fund. Instead of paying for those bridges to be fixed, they instead went to whatever else the State decided it needed to spend money on.

We are paying the taxes. We want to see result commensurate with what we’re paying in.

On the matter of the elections, one thing not mentioned to keep an eye on are the governors’s races. As the Republicans own most of them, the Democrats are likely to pick up a couple, the notable big win would be Florida. Georgia and Ohio are also garnering a fair bit of attention.

Do you think maybe the cost of new roads is higher since it's the most populous state and building in populated areas costs more.
    What does congestion have to do with money? Building more roads won't help congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

Do you think maybe the cost of new roads is higher since it's the most populous state and building in populated areas costs more.
    What does congestion have to do with money? Building more roads won't help congestion.

Well, ringroads do as do alternative routes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Christy42

The other issue is why these things are attached to national elections so closely. Why not have these more taken care of a local level and leave the house/senate for national politics. Certainly one will affect the other buy not closely.

As is people have to square their belief that roads will be sightly better under Republicans (or whatever local issue they have) with the fact that their vote could well be used to excuse the inhumane treatment of immigrants or balloon up the deficit for the sake of the 1% getting tax breaks or for more dog whistle speeches from the man himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

You're not wrong about California's roads. Was there two years ago for almost a month and drove over 2k miles. I was shocked by the state of them. There was a spot on Highway 17 (Killer 17 :eek:) where if I cornered above 50mph, I'd four wheel drift a yard. On a dry road.

Bridges on the Big Sur were out since the winter mudslides. Four months later. Constant roadworks at night on 101. It was pretty crazy to think we have much better country roads here than highways in California.

Also, if a highway is out. That's it. There are no alternative routes. At least nothing that wouldn't add hours to your journey. And I mean a three hour journey becoming a seven hour journey.

On the other hand, it's a massive state. With many big cities and lots of big towns and sprawling suburbs. I've no idea how the road network would compare to other states of a similar size, but I'd suspect there's a much bigger network than say in Texas or Arizona. I stand to be corrected on this, but that was the impression I got.

Edit: Looked it up (2011 - 2016) and California has the second longest road network in the US. Texas has the longest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Does this not highlight the very issues with such propositions? One is, presumably, the likely consequence of the other so that is to a large degree what people would in fact be voting on. I don't really have an issue with an element of direct democracy, but it is very difficult to have reasoned or measured views on isolated issues. It is just not something that can be easily treated in isolation.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Does this not highlight the very issues with such propositions? One is, presumably, the likely consequence of the other so that is to a large degree what people would in fact be voting on. I don't really have an issue with an element of direct democracy, but it is very difficult to have reasoned or measured views on isolated issues. It is just not something that can be easily treated in isolation.
    It's also not the most egregious example of such direct 'democracy' efforts. There are some states that bundle two separate changes into the one vote. So in Florida, amendment nine is asking voters to ban indoor vaping and offshore drilling at the same time. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It may be better to paint the ones who don't want to assist people as Non American.

Because that wasn't the American way. .... Supposedly.

Additionally it may be best to paint the ones who don't want to assist people as non Christian. Which is funny as Christians whole speak is about being Christian to others and the Republican party are the party of religions liberty .

So you have non Americans and non Christians flaming to be the greatest at both.

Perplexing

You have self proclaimed Socialists adopting a position on immigration that was usually only seen in Ayn Rand type extreme free market fanatics.

Politics is no less clear cut but more divided now for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But this is exactly my point.

Despite the racism,. the fear mongering, the lies, the failure to release his tax returns, the massive tax cut to the wealthy (which of course includes him and his family), his failure to divest from his business, the massive amounts he costs the tax payer through his continuous golfing holidays, the massive amount that Melania cost by staying in NY, the dodgy involvement in the proposed FBI building, the refusal of climate change, the advancement of hatred and antisemitism, turning the US backs on previous allies in NATO.

Despite the constant lies, the increased politicialisation of SCOTUS, the lack of any action over the largest domestic shooting in US history, the lack of any action over the recent Pittsburgh shootings (tbf he did think about not holding a rally but only because his hair got wet), the lack of any statements about the recent mail bombings.

Despite the massive rise in the national debt, despite the almost total collapse of the export to China Soy bean Market, despite having to provide $12bn to farmers, despite his lack of decorum in regards to McCain.

Despite all this, some of which I brought up in my post, you ignored all of that and went on about tax increases on fuel. Sometimes things are bigger than ones narrow personal self interest. Do you really think all that, including the demonisation of the CIA and FBI, the siding with Putin over the security services, is really less important the a few cents on your fuel?

The US is going down a particular path, headed by Trump but aided and abetted by wiling supporters in the GOP. And anybody that votes for a GOP candidate is expressly endorsing Trump. You say he is not on the ballot, but he says it is about him, and you need to vote to stop impeachment.

Those that voted for him in 2016 claimed that it wasn't because of the racism, it wasn't because of the dog whistles, that he would change when he became POTUS. But it is clear now that any voter pressing that GOP button is doing so in the full knowledge that what they are doing is giving clear acceptance of Trump and his behaviour.

I hope there are enough people in the US that can put the nation above themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Danzy wrote: »
    You have self proclaimed Socialists adopting a position on immigration that was usually only seen in Ayn Rand type extreme free market fanatics.

Sure. Apart from being a hypocritical charlatan, President Trump is a liar. Every speech he makes, he tells lies. So 'socialists' adopting positions on immigration isn't important until you get rid of a divisive and fraudulent liar as president.

Danzy wrote: »

Who's Socialist?

The Democrats?

Do you know what socialism is? Because the democrats arent it. Just because you take a kinder dignified position on topics like immigration doesnt make you a socialist.

Its that sort of rethroic that is purposefully divisive. Attempts to make the democrats a more lefty liberal socialist communist grouping via language. Its a tactic republicans have been deploying for years. But it has no basis in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Is the USA geniunely at a crossroads, it is so polarized it is crazy, no other country in the world is this polarized 50/50
    It could be a time to split the states up into their individual parts and let them exist in their own little bubbles without effecting the world as much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

everlast75 wrote: »
    Let's say his report comes out on Wednesday. What then? I would have thought if the likes of Don Jnr and Roger Stone get indicted then it would happen before the report comes out?

• Advertisement

Pelvis wrote: »
    Let's say his report comes out on Wednesday. What then? I would have thought if the likes of Don Jnr and Roger Stone get indicted then it would happen before the report comes out?
    It's possible that they could already be indicted under seal.

kilns wrote: »
    Is the USA geniunely at a crossroads, it is so polarized it is crazy, no other country in the world is this polarized 50/50
    It could be a time to split the states up into their individual parts and let them exist in their own little bubbles without effecting the world as much

Britain has parallels that would be uncanny except that we know the core is the same; same tactics, same brutal ideology, same lack of regard for honour/honesty service to the country/ fellow citizens. Close links between the people pushing the votes that got them into their various messes. Same cynical appeals to democracy and will of the people regardless of whether "the people" agree. Same gaslighting. And same attempts to delegitimise anyone and everyone who disagrees, delegitimise, other them (not part of "the people"). Same rhetoric.

Same privileged actual elites pretending they are not elite but rather those that disagree with them are, regardless of their background. Same conflation of education and "elitism" (bar Ivy League/Oxbridge which are somehow not elite, just extremely expensive and where rich parents traditionally send their offspring). Same system of the class that goes to these schools end up running the country.

Same cronyism and redistribution of wealth to the wealthiest by way of special interest lobbyists, then paid for by the benefits of the poorest. Same inculcation of contempt for those poorest as lazy welfare scum. (Of course, if *I* need help, it is because I really need it, but everyone else are lying welfare queens with 16 kids and a fake disability.) Same appeals to the middle class to blame anyone but those running the show.

Oh, and same lying media with a few good ones being trampled on by the rags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭swampgas

Rhineshark wrote: »
    Britain has parallels that would be uncanny except that we know the core is the same; same tactics, same brutal ideology, same lack of regard for honour/honesty service to the country/ fellow citizens. Close links between the people pushing the votes that got them into their various messes. Same cynical appeals to democracy and will of the people regardless of whether "the people" agree. Same gaslighting. And same attempts to delegitimise anyone and everyone who disagrees, delegitimise, other them (not part of "the people"). Same rhetoric.

Same privileged actual elites pretending they are not elite but rather those that disagree with them are, regardless of their background. Same conflation of education and "elitism" (bar Ivy League/Oxbridge which are somehow not elite, just extremely expensive and where rich parents traditionally send their offspring). Same system of the class that goes to these schools end up running the country.

Same cronyism and redistribution of wealth to the wealthiest by way of special interest lobbyists, then paid for by the benefits of the poorest. Same inculcation of contempt for those poorest as lazy welfare scum. (Of course, if *I* need help, it is because I really need it, but everyone else are lying welfare queens with 16 kids and a fake disability.) Same appeals to the middle class to blame anyone but those running the show.

Oh, and same lying media with a few good ones being trampled on by the rags.

And a dysfunctional First Past the Post voting system which, IMO, is a huge part of why both countries are vulnerable to these tactics.

swampgas wrote: »
    And a dysfunctional First Past the Post voting system which, IMO, is a huge part of why both countries are vulnerable to these tactics.

Yes, creating rotten boroughs and essentially disenfranchising voters that aren't convenient to the ruling party.

Oh and same cynical stripping of the public sector and public services in the interests of corporations and private individuals.

Are they even hiding their affinity with racism anymore?

https://twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/1059606372382400512?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Strong early voting, remaining hopeful for redemption of humanity in US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,745 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Water John wrote: »
    Strong early voting, remaining hopeful for redemption of humanity in US.

Here's the thing. As comedian Dave Chappelle said recently, Russia didn't make America racist. Trump's just riding the wave, but he didn't create it. Even if in some crazy long-shot result there are enough in Congress to impeach Trump and he's impeached, the next guy'll be worse. I don't mean Pence, either, but whoever comes after them.

Trump's the symptom, not the cause. He might be a catalyst for serious ugliness but he isn't the creator.

The best that can happen is D control of both houses. It'll be a mirror of Obama's presidency then, very little done that the WH wants. Of course, since we're talking Trump WH it's a good thing if they get very little done!

Igotadose wrote: »
    Here's the thing. As comedian Dave Chappelle said recently, Russia didn't make America racist. Trump's just riding the wave, but he didn't create it. Even if in some crazy long-shot result there are enough in Congress to impeach Trump and he's impeached, the next guy'll be worse. I don't mean Pence, either, but whoever comes after them.

Trump's the symptom, not the cause. He might be a catalyst for serious ugliness but he isn't the creator.

The best that can happen is D control of both houses. It'll be a mirror of Obama's presidency then, very little done that the WH wants. Of course, since we're talking Trump WH it's a good thing if they get very little done!

Very little done...

but managed to get healthcare reform through despite major opposition for decades in the US and no control over either house.

How he managed to do that is beyond me. unbelievable when you think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,745 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Very little done...

but managed to get healthcare reform through despite major opposition for decades in the US and no control over either house.

Good point - Obama *did* get a ton done in first 2 years, all the bailout/job creating work and the ppACA. Post-2010, however, he lost both houses and the progress ground to a halt.

He was clear all along that health care was a top priority and he drove hard to get it done. In my opinion there is still way too much insurance company influence in it, but as Obama was in deal-making mode and trying to be bipartisan about it, the program is what it is.

He was an excellent deal-maker and negotiator, and did issue a lot of executive orders, as Congress was useless during most of his administration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,711 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Very little done...

And dragged them out of the biggest recession since the great depression.

And killed Osama Bin Laden! (I say this not out of any blood lust but he was public enemy No 1 and as such I would have thought that Obama would have been given far more credit than he was for this.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement