Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

UsedToWait wrote: »
    There's a whole forum (and you know it) for your ufo sh1te.
    Kindly stop trying to stink up this thread with it.

UFO ****e lol. This been documented by the New York Times maybe you missed that. They had to collaborate on everything was legit before writing an article about it. Just because you still have your head in the sand about this topic not my problem.

Frankly a quick search you find this on mainstream CNN

Omarosa says Trump is a racist who uses N-word – and claims there is tape to prove it

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/10/omarosa-trump-book-the-apprentice-memoir

Different allegations from different people in this article. Release the tapes!

Then, following the New York property tycoon’s shocking victory over Hillary Clinton, the actor and comedian Tom Arnold claimed to have the video of Trump using racist language.

This will be gold if released.
    “I have the outtakes to The Apprentice where he says every bad thing ever, every offensive, racist thing ever,” Arnold told the Seattle-based radio station KIRO. “It was him sitting in that chair saying the N-word, saying the C-word, calling his son a retard , just being so mean to his own children.”

I didn't expect to be reading about UFOs on this thread this morning. The truth is out there, you just won't get it from Trump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Omarosa says Trump is a racist who uses N-word – and claims there is tape to prove it

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/10/omarosa-trump-book-the-apprentice-memoir

Then, following the New York property tycoon’s shocking victory over Hillary Clinton, the actor and comedian Tom Arnold claimed to have the video of Trump using racist language.

“I have the outtakes to The Apprentice where he says every bad thing ever, every offensive, racist thing ever,” Arnold told the Seattle-based radio station KIRO. “It was him sitting in that chair saying the N-word, saying the C-word, calling his son a retard , just being so mean to his own children.”

So what way do you think Don will say - It's Fake News or Believe Me, It's All True? Do you think his voting base will be upset by the alleged remarks or just shrug their shoulders and say "I'll vote for him"- like, does it really matter when it comes to Don Trump? Do you think it'll wreck his re-election chances?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

aloyisious wrote: »
    So what way do you think Don will say - It's Fake News or Believe Me, It's All True? Do you think his voting base will be upset by the alleged remarks or just shrug their shoulders and say "I'll vote for him"- like, does it really matter when it comes to Don Trump? Do you think it'll wreck his re-election chances?

Sadly, any recordings like this will have only a minor impact overall.

Those that already hate him will hate him some more. Those that love him won't be that bothered.

Maybe a small number of independents move away from the GOP side as a result.. Maybe not.

American society has been utterly broken by partisan politics..

I didn't expect to be reading about UFOs on this thread this morning. The truth is out there, you just won't get it from Trump!

You won't be this was a one-off for people and don't want to be annoying people who are easily triggered and obviously, this thread is not for this topic. With the space force announcement, Its believable to me they are looking at all threats coming from space that includes UFOs (unexplained flying phenomenon)

Least if it's true and not some fake allegation against him you hear him on tape calling black people the N word. He's never been caught before saying that word.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You won't be this was a one-off for people and don't want to be annoying people who are easily triggered and obviously, this thread is not for this topic. With the space force announcement, Its believable to me they are looking at all threats coming from space that includes UFOs (unexplained flying phenomenon)

And you know what, it's entirely possible that is going to be the purpose, but that leads into the main, ugly problem: we don't know anything about this potentially multi-billion announcement beyond Donald Trump's repeated, gleeful shout outs of "Space Force!". No details or broad-strokes, just some waffle about it being new wing of the armed forces (which sorta, kinda exists anyway) and everyone's just meant to make it happen. It's particularly galling considering the near eternal peril the already slim NASA budget finds itself yet suddenly more money will be pushed onto the deficit for ... ... <insert purpose here>

Naysayers may snort at how people are obsessing about it, but when the President of the United State has twisted the arm of the DoD into acting on what amounts to an ambiguous brainfart, it's not normal. This isn't how countries are supposed to be run. Historically Trump has never shown himself to be a details-oriented boss either, so I don't believe for one second he fashioned any broad structure for this idea. The infamous Wall never had any details attached - why should Space Force?

My prediction here is that there'll be a report hastily put together at the Pentagon; maybe slap together a logo and ballpark some intentionally prohibitive costs for, I dunno, frickin' Space Marines on jetpacks, confident in the knowledge that Trump will have moved onto Iran, the EU or whatever, so the report can be quietly dropped through the cracks. Maybe they'll just recycle the reports on 'Star Wars'

pixelburp wrote: »
    And you know what, it's entirely possible that is going to be the purpose, but that leads into the main, ugly problem: we don't know anything about this potentially multi-billion announcement beyond Donald Trump's repeated, gleeful shout outs of "Space Force!". No details or broad-strokes, just some waffle about it being new wing of the armed forces (which sorta, kinda exists anyway) and everyone's just meant to make it happen. It's particularly galling considering the near eternal peril the already slim NASA budget finds itself.

Naysayers may snort at how people are obsessing about it, but when the President of the United State has twisted the arm of the DoD into acting on what amounts to an ambiguous brainfart, it's not normal. This isn't how countries are supposed to be run. Historically Trump has never shown himself to be a details-oriented boss, so I don't believe for one second he fashioned any broad structure for this idea.

My prediction here is that there'll be a report hastily put together at the Pentagon; maybe slap together a logo and ballpark some intentionally prohibitive costs for, I dunno, frickin' Space Marines on jetpacks, confident in the knowledge that Trump will have moved onto Iran, the EU or whatever, so the report can be quietly dropped through the cracks. Maybe they'll just recycle the reports on 'Star Wars'

Whenever I hear Trump on about this I think he imagines it will be like the space fight scene in Moonraker. Marines with laser guns and jetpacks blasting around the place.
    About the logo though, isn't he trying to make money off selling space force merchandise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

everlast75 wrote: »
    Rumours abound Manafort may be looking to cut a deal.
    The case abruptly stopped for recess and its reported that the defence often looks for a deal after the prosecution rests so they know the lady of the land in terms of what sentence they ar likely facing! Fingers crossed, although with Gates I'm not sure what Manafort has to offer apart from corroborating his evidence

Too late I think....the prosecution has a slam dunk case. Unless he has some major info he can cough up on Trump or other people. It was madness on his part to even contest this he should have pleaded from day one.

I'm in DC for a few days on holidays with the family and wanted to pop down to Alexandria for the craic and try and get into the courtroom...but no! we had to go the air and space museum instead:(

But I might bump into a few Nazis over the weekend anyway, they are having a big parade here in DC on Sunday for the 1 year anniversary of Charlottesville. Trump hasn't condemned the march as if we need further proof he's a racist bigot.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Harika

So are you saying you know more than the US military? It was a Pentagon UFO study. They had their own scientists looking into this phenomenon and determined it was real.

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/navy_pilots_2004_ufo_a_comedy_of_errors

Basically misunderstandings.

Ridiculous to base a space force on that

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

##Mod Note##

Let's move past the UFO angle please.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

She's definitely someone to be believed. Unfortunately people eat it up like Spaghetti because they're blinded by hatred.

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1027989937470066688

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Theres spaghetti flinging and eating from lots of people alright.

Omarosa is another one of those very best people we heard of isn't she, superb character judgement as always by the commander in chief.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

2 Scoops wrote: »
    She's definitely someone to be believed. Unfortunately people eat it up like Spaghetti because they're blinded by hatred.

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1027989937470066688

So do I read that to mean she, and her words, are ok to trust? I'm not sure if your reference to people eating it up like spaghetti refer to her words or those of Frank, a former self-admitted non-fan, and now fan, of Don Trump.

I keyboarded in his name and several pages popped up, incl one with the title of him as a former Trump hater who apologised to Don for his former attitude. I see Omarosa has practical experience of working within the Trump White House, unlike Frank. Should I take the words of Frank, a political pollster, as reliable? I'm noting that Franks complaint is that he understands Omarosa relied on what he says is third/fourth hand info for his inclusion in her book.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Apparently Omarosa is claiming that she has recording of the CoS within the situation room. Now, along with the Fire and Fury book, this again shows that Trump has little control over the WH. It seems far too easy for people to be in there with phones, recording devices and Trump himself is alos not known for his diplomacy in terms of what he tells people.

Whatever about the allegations themselves, this must be a significant worry for the state services. With the recent arresting of Russian spies closely linked to the NRA and senior GOP members, it must be considered relatively easy to get access to some quite serious information. Trump, it would appear, does very little in the way of checking on staff members.

Kushers and his ongoing failure to meet security clearance etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And supposedly Omarosa recording the conversation breaks the law, as it's illegal to make personal recordings in the situation room. Not sure how true that is and yet to see it confirmed or denied, but if it is indeed correct, it's a spectacular own goal on her part.

And supposedly Omarosa recording the conversation breaks the law, as it's illegal to make personal recordings in the situation room. Not sure how true that is and yet to see it confirmed or denied, but if it is indeed correct, it's a spectacular own goal on her part.

This excerpt [As well as for serving as the Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison in the White House during the Trump administration]
    from her Wiki online CV might explain why she did it/thought it was OK to make official recordings - if that's what she thought/said she was doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omarosa_Manigault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

I wonder if Trump has blown any leverage he had with Iran.

He is threatening sanctions on any company that does trade with Iran buy he already has tariffs on most 1st world countries anyway. He can't afford to increase them much. He has already had to bail out farmers with a social welfare program so is limited in how he cab escalate.

On another topic the far right march marking 1 year on from Charlottesville was hilarious. Never mind "fine" people on both sides. There weren't people on both sides with 20 showing up. Hopefully last year showed up these people for who they really were.

Yeah was nice to see the two hour rally wrapped up an done inside half an hour.

The problem is they haven't gone away, just back into the shadows ever so slightly. The racial problems in American aren't going away anytime soon

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,613 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You'll never get rid of racists. All you do is push them back into their stinking pit, whenever they occasionally crawl out into public view.

One of the problems with Trump's rise has been that he has given a legitimacy to those that hold these views and given them the confidence to come out from the shadows. Far from being a persecuted minority, facing into a ever changing situation, they were suddenly told that they were right to hold these views, that the US had changed, that the US needed to be taken back for real Americans.

Of course you will never get rid of them all, but you want to be be holding secret meetings in the deep woods, knowing that even discussion what they believe will lead to consequences. That was removed in the last few years and led to the marches and these people felt they had he top man at their back.

Clearly it's not a good thing that she recorded the conversation. but more importantly , this conversation occurred in what was supposed to be a SCIF in what is supposed to be one of the most secure facilities in the world??

How did she get the phone or whatever it was in there in the 1st place??

What kind of amateur hour crap is that??

Amorosa was recording for herself/her future book..But now you have to ask , are there other recordings by other people used for far more nefarious means?

I work for a large multinational and there are whole buildings or parts of buildings that require me to go through full body scanners and/or leave all my electronics behind me before I enter - And that's for people that have the clearance to be there in the 1st place.

Yet here we have someone able to bring (I assume) their personal phone into a secure location inside the White House , make a recording of a private conversation and then take it with them afterwards.

I just can't get my head around it at all.

Christy42 wrote: »
    I wonder if Trump has blown any leverage he had with Iran.

He is threatening sanctions on any company that does trade with Iran buy he already has tariffs on most 1st world countries anyway. He can't afford to increase them much. He has already had to bail out farmers with a social welfare program so is limited in how he cab escalate.

On another topic the far right march marking 1 year on from Charlottesville was hilarious. Never mind "fine" people on both sides. There weren't people on both sides with 20 showing up. Hopefully last year showed up these people for who they really were.

Now sanctions would really hit home if the countries under Don's tariff sanctions were to take a page from his book and decide to put a tariff on the Trump hotel chain profits, make up a guesstimate charge level & apply it to any/all the hotels bearing/trading under the Trump Hotel brand across the world.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Clearly it's not a good thing that she recorded the conversation. but more importantly , this conversation occurred in what was supposed to be a SCIF in what is supposed to be one of the most secure facilities in the world??

How did she get the phone or whatever it was in there in the 1st place??

What kind of amateur hour crap is that??

Amorosa was recording for herself/her future book..But now you have to ask , are there other recordings by other people used for far more nefarious means?

I work for a large multinational and there are whole buildings or parts of buildings that require me to go through full body scanners and/or leave all my electronics behind me before I enter - And that's for people that have the clearance to be there in the 1st place.

Yet here we have someone able to bring (I assume) their personal phone into a secure location inside the White House , make a recording of a private conversation and then take it with them afterwards.

I just can't get my head around it at all.

Thinking about the overt or covert recordings brings me back to the off-limits meetings Don had with certain Russian Govt people last year in the Oval Office without an overview by security or media. What if the Russians, under diplomatic cover, were allowed in with their phones and recorded the conversation they had with Don in the room. I'm assuming he would have spoken in plain terms to them.

Was the alleged Omarosa recording done pre-Kelly [as COS] times?
    @Leroy42: Don's already referred to her as a LOWLIFE, in reference to her book.

And that is the big scandal from all this. Of course Omarosa will be vilified by Trump and his supporters, and those that dislike Trump will focus on the possible racism.

But, not for the first time, Trump has presided over a complete lack of security. He gave away intelligence to Russia in the WH, he approved of Flynn talking to the Russians during the transition etc.

The stuff that came out of the Fire and Fury book, sure most of it was petty nonsense, but again that guy was simply let wander around the WH day after day.

John Kelly is this supposed great military man yet he seems to have little actual control over things I would expect a military man to be all over.

There are claims that Kelly phone was compromised for a number of months. There is nothing to suggest that Omarosa's phone was bugged, but can they now be sure? Of that others aren't?

This is the real scandal that Trump has, by not adhering to the protocols himself, allowed the security of the US to be potentially compromised.

Now sanctions would really hit home if the countries under Don's tariff sanctions were to take a page from his book and decide to put a tariff on the Trump hotel chain profits, make up a guesstimate charge level & apply it to any/all the hotels bearing/trading under the Trump Hotel brand across the world.

Whilst I like the idea and it would definitely wind him up beyond all reason I don't actually think that his overseas locations make very much money at all..

Certainly the Golf courses in the UK & Ireland are still losing money at a fair clip from what I understand..

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    You'll never get rid of racists. All you do is push them back into their stinking pit, whenever they occasionally crawl out into public view.

Do you think there is never going to be any hope through education and integration etc that racism can be pretty much eradicated from society?

It is a learned behaviour, it has been passed down from generation to generation. I'd like to think at some point it can be fully eradicated.

Been part of society for so long though it will obviously take even longer to get rid of if it even is possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement