Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Do you think there is never going to be any hope through education and integration etc that racism can be pretty much eradicated from society?

It is a learned behaviour, it has been passed down from generation to generation. I'd like to think at some point it can be fully eradicated.

Been part of society for so long though it will obviously take even longer to get rid of if it even is possible.

Sadly there will always be "them" vs. "us" divisions in society..

Whether that's down to Race , Religion , Politics or Wealth there will always be those that identify an opportunity and forment hatred for their own ends.

And there will always be those that are open or susceptible to those arguments.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Leroy42 wrote: »
    And that is the big scandal from all this. Of course Omarosa will be vilified by Trump and his supporters, and those that dislike Trump will focus on the possible racism.

But, not for the first time, Trump has presided over a complete lack of security. He gave away intelligence to Russia in the WH, he approved of Flynn talking to the Russians during the transition etc.

The stuff that came out of the Fire and Fury book, sure most of it was petty nonsense, but again that guy was simply let wander around the WH day after day.

John Kelly is this supposed great military man yet he seems to have little actual control over things I would expect a military man to be all over.

There are claims that Kelly phone was compromised for a number of months. There is nothing to suggest that Omarosa's phone was bugged, but can they now be sure? Of that others aren't?

This is the real scandal that Trump has, by not adhering to the protocols himself, allowed the security of the US to be potentially compromised.

The mindset around security comes from the top and when you have the Commander in Chief refusing to use a secure mobile phone because "it's too inconvenient" why would anybody else really bother with Security?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,024 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As someone else pointed out on Twitter, Trump has on numerous occasions claimed to have been bugged or recorded by Obama et al, yet the people actually recording him were his own people (Cohen and now Omarosa).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Dkb7SQyVAAAJtaF.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭amandstu

Seems to have taken down that photo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

amandstu wrote: »
    Seems to have taken down that photo?

I doubt he had posted that photo. Some one obviously twigged it in a photo of the event and posted it under the original tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭amandstu

I doubt he had posted that photo. Some one obviously twigged it in a photo of the event and posted it under the original tweet.

Cheers I am a bit of a twitter illiterate.("SS" is not really a "fashion statement" is it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Good article by Stephen Miller's uncle on why his nephew is a complete hypocrite when it comes to immigration.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/13/stephen-miller-is-an-immigration-hypocrite-i-know-because-im-his-uncle-219351
    The Glossers came to the U.S. just a few years before the fear and prejudice of the “America First” nativists of the day closed U.S. borders to Jewish refugees. Had Wolf-Leib waited, his family would likely have been murdered by the Nazis along with all but seven of the 2,000 Jews who remained in Antopol. I would encourage Stephen to ask himself if the chanting, torch-bearing Nazis of Charlottesville, whose support his boss seems to court so cavalierly, do not envision a similar fate for him.

Like other immigrants, our family’s welcome to the USA was not always a warm one, but we largely had the protection of the law, there was no state sponsored violence against us, no kidnapping of our male children, and we enjoyed good relations with our neighbors. True, Jews were excluded from many occupations, couldn’t buy homes in some towns, couldn’t join certain organizations or attend certain schools or universities, but life was good. As in past generations there were hate mongers who regarded the most recent groups of poor immigrants as scum, rapists, gangsters, drunks and terrorists, but largely the Glosser family was left alone to live our lives and build the American dream. Children were born, synagogues founded, and we thrived. This was the miracle of America.

He's about 3 generations away from being exactly like the people he so obviously loathes and despises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I see the FBI agent that sent the trump texts has been fired.

It was obviously important to Trump that he lose his pension. nice work when you send private messages between you and a friend.

No opinions needed in trumps america.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Penn wrote: »
    As someone else pointed out on Twitter, Trump has on numerous occasions claimed to have been bugged or recorded by Obama et al, yet the people actually recording him were his own people (Cohen and now Omarosa).

He only hires the best people though. The very best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,024 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    He only hires the best people though. The very best.

Fired her 3 times already. She begged him for a job with tears in her eyes. Makes her Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison.

Still doesn't realise how poorly his tweet reflects on his abilities rather than hers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Penn wrote: »
    Fired her 3 times already. She begged him for a job with tears in her eyes. Makes her Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the Office of Public Liaison.

Still doesn't realise how poorly his tweet reflects on his abilities rather than hers.

I think in the past Don also said some-one else he fired had begged him for the job. I Have a person in mind but am unsure if I'm right as the person was a director.

Meantime I caught the tail-end of a taped chat between Omarosa and Gen Kelly on RTE's Drive-time and am not sure if it was in public [as there was a sound similar to cameras clicking in the background] or private. The General seemed to mention to Omarosa of legal action being taken against her during the chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

You don't even have to try anymore, the memes just makes themselves :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Fully expect Peter Strzok to jump into a cushy paying gig at CNN. Will be curious as to how the situation plays out with Turkey. Could see the US being asked to vacate that airbase. Northern Syria could be a bit of wildcard as regards what happens...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,613 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Is this a list of random things going on in your head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

You don't even have to try anymore, the memes just makes themselves :)
    FWIW that was identified as a Kiss logo :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Igotadose wrote: »
    That's even worse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Fully expect Peter Strzok to jump into a cushy paying gig at CNN. Will be curious as to how the situation plays out with Turkey. Could see the US being asked to vacate that airbase. Northern Syria could be a bit of wildcard as regards what happens...

Was he fired because of personal texts that were hacked from his phone?
    Igotadose wrote: »

Doesn't that usually have a "KI" before it? In any case, I don't see it as a big issue. At this stage it's fairly obvious that Trump and his fanatics are flat out racist. His base won't be put off by someone with a nazi tattoo. The real issue with the bikers would probably be that they are having their clothing made out of country for cost saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Was he fired because of personal texts that were hacked from his phone?

Doesn't that usually have a "KI" before it? In any case, I don't see it as a big issue. At this stage it's fairly obvious that Trump and his fanatics are flat out racist. His base won't be put off by someone with a nazi tattoo. The real issue with the bikers would probably be that they are having their clothing made out of country for cost saving.

Yeah that part probably stands for Kill Immigrants....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,602 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

https://twitter.com/byHeatherLong/status/1029080210904375297

Latest CBO estimates are out re US growth, looks like the numbers are not too hot. Trumps tax cuts work on the basis of needing consistent 3% growth which is not on the cards if these numbers bear out.

I guess he only needs it to stay close to on track till 2020 to spin the line that the plan works

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

As much as Turkey would like to close it, I doubt that it will happen.  The lira is in the toilet and that base brings a lot of hard currency into the country … and the locality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,613 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Just how petty is Trump? Fails to name the Defence Bill he is signing because it contains the name of John McCain.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/14/trump-fails-to-mention-john-mccain-at-signing-of-defence-bill-named-after-him

How can anyone have any time for this small minded little man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Water John wrote: »
    Is this a list of random things going on in your head?
    Sounds like some variety of derangement syndrome.

Nox wrote: »
    As much as Turkey would like to close it, I doubt that it will happen. The lira is in the toilet and that base brings a lot of hard currency into the country … and the locality.

That'a a good point, makes economic sense for them.

Rumours are doing the rounds that the tensions might lead to a reduction in arms sales to Turkey. There was furor earlier on in the year about cancelling F35 sales to the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,048 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Water John wrote: »
    Just how petty is Trump? Fails to name the Defence Bill he is signing because it contains the name of John McCain.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/14/trump-fails-to-mention-john-mccain-at-signing-of-defence-bill-named-after-him

How can anyone have any time for this small minded little man?
    Sounds like some variety of derangement syndrome.

You would be right! too.

I cant think for the life of me what else it could be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I love the fact that Trump et al think the issue here is that they should be annoyed at a former employee for recording them in the situation room, and not the massive security breach in that she was able to.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I love the fact that Trump et al think the issue here is that they should be annoyed at a former employee for recording them in the situation room, and not the massive security breach in that she was able to.

To be honest.. This is the most damning thing that he's said about it
    Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!

So - Everyone told him she was an unpleasant person and not very good at her job , but he hired her anyway because she said nice things about her.

Nothing about competence , ability , experience.. She said nice things about him.

And , he talks about her being fired 4 times by him , completely skimming over the fact that that means he hired her 4 times basically admitting that he's an appalling judge of character and ability and the only important criteria in a Trump job application is that you've sycophantically praised him in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It puts the lie to all the Hollywood films with M/Corp-Army Non-Coms at the door checking people before allowing them entry, whatever about "please leave your phones etc in the bin", scanners & detectors. The friends must be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Eh, you believe all staff should be strip searched everyday? As that is what it would take for people in such positions to be 'unable' to do it.

Best way of cutting the probabilities of this happening is not to hire people with little or no integrity and for that Trump of course must take responsibility.

As for the so called 'N-word' tape, I highly doubt it exists, for many reasons. The woman comes across as an unhinged gold digger. Her book therefore ironically titled.

Singing off a much different hymn sheet here.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

As for the so called 'N-word' tape, I highly doubt it exists, for many reasons. The woman comes across as an unhinged gold digger. Her book therefore ironically titled.

Funny how Trump's supporters and the man himself are so concerned about the existence of the tape rather than whether or not Trump would use language like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement