Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

aloyisious wrote: »
    It puts the lie to all the Hollywood films with M/Corp-Army Non-Coms at the door checking people before allowing them entry, whatever about "please leave your phones etc in the bin", scanners & detectors. The friends must be delighted.

It makes you wonder who else recorded Kelly, Trump or anyone else. I am certain the Russians did when they had their chat the day after he was sworn in.

The neck of them for going after Hillary and her unsecured server.

Eh, you believe all staff should be strip searched everyday? As that is what it would take for people in such positions to be 'unable' to do it

two things.

1) I am sure Trump would be up for strip searching his female staff.

2) I am also sure technology exists in this day and age to inhibit such recordings.

So you can add Trump having to take responsibility for that too.

jooksavage wrote: »
    Funny how Trump's supporters and the man himself are so concerned about the existence of the tape rather than whether or not Trump would use language like that.

She does indeed come across as a complete snake in the grass, but isn't it funny that his employees feel the need to record what he says (her and Cohen). It's almost as if Trump cannot be trusted!?

And secondly, you bet your ass those tapes exist, or did. Zervos will be subpoena those tapes and if they are not available, someone will have to swear under oath as to where they went.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1029329583672307712?s=19

#BeBest eh?

Anyone else left around here to defend him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

He just called Omorosa a Dog on Twitter, forget about his policies or beliefs the guy just has no class, if you had a 4 year old boy and he called a girl a dog you would give him hell for that and so too would most Trump supporters but this will hardly make a ripple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

kilns wrote: »
    He just called Omorosa a Dog on Twitter, forget about his policies or beliefs the guy just has no class, if you had a 4 year old boy and he called a girl a dog you would give him hell for that and so too would most Trump supporters but this will hardly make a ripple

I call BS, they'll slap themselves on the back for raising a kid resistant to "cultural Bolshevism" or whatever that boogeyman's called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1029329583672307712?s=19

#BeBest eh?

Anyone else left around here to defend him now?

It's this kind of stuff I love most, the complete lack of awareness always brings a smile to my face.

It's how you know your dealing with a useful idiot and not some intelligent design.

All about that "very best people"

When you think about some of the stuff he willingly admits to without realizing what a dumbass it shows him to be I can't help but laugh

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thing is, and I'm not justifying it, but this language is Trumps tactic for every, single person who has either left or perceived to have betrayed him. His business and now political approach always favoured loyalty and sycophancy above all else, breaking resulting in doubling down on the pejoratives - though they're usually coded that little bit more sexist when the subject is a woman ('bleeding out of her whatever' etc.). Either way, they're 'dogs', 'crazy', 'wacky', and so on.

As Quin_Dub observed though it ultimately reflects really poorly on Trump that his acumen is so reduced that he hires someone 4 times over, despite protestations from others, and his own acknowledgement that she was apparently rubbish. He shouldn't run a newspaper stand, nevermind a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why are people surprised that staff members are taping Trump?

Trump is the most disloyal and quick to rubbish anyone that falls out of his favor. It is merely insurance to make sure that you keep a close record of anything that was said. Comey tried it with memos, and that was rubbished by Trump and his supporters. So clearly, everything the man says or does must be recorded in order to protect oneself.

pixelburp wrote: »
    it ultimately reflects really poorly on Trump that his acumen is so reduced that he hires someone 4 times over, despite protestations from others, and his own acknowledgement that she was apparently rubbish. He shouldn't run a newspaper stand, nevermind a government.

And this is the beauty of it, no understanding at all of how it ultimately fly's in the face of his claims of being a great businessman, great judge of character etc etc

Whatever she is he hired her 4 times and is on tape pathetically pretending he wasn't aware she was being fired and pretending to her that he had nothing to do with it.

A pathetic coward is all he ever has been or will be, other than the obvious intelligence challenge he has.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

And this is the beauty of it, no understanding at all of how it ultimately fly's in the face of his claims of being a great businessman, great judge of character etc etc

Whatever she is he hired her 4 times and is on tape pathetically pretending he wasn't aware she was being fired and pretending to her that he had nothing to do with it.

A pathetic coward is all he ever has been or will be, other than the obvious intelligence challenge he has.

All true, but those tweets are not aimed at you and me. They are aimed at his supporters. Send them out a message, "its fine, she's crazy, its all a witch hunt" and that will keep them happy. The one thing that cannot ever be allowed to happen is a vacuum, a time for reflection, as that may cause some of them to actually asks some questions.

This was they have a nice rebuttal and don't even have to think of it themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,994 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Feck off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,994 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Quin_Dub wrote: »

everlast75 wrote: »
    I love the fact that Trump et al think the issue here is that they should be annoyed at a former employee for recording them in the situation room, and not the massive security breach in that she was able to.

To be honest.. This is the most damning thing that he's said about it
    Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said Ok. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!

So - Everyone told him she was an unpleasant person and not very good at her job , but he hired her anyway because she said nice things about her.

Nothing about competence , ability , experience.. She said nice things about him.

And , he talks about her being fired 4 times by him , completely skimming over the fact that that means he hired her 4 times basically admitting that he's an appalling judge of character and ability and the only important criteria in a Trump job application is that you've sycophantically praised him in public.

I never said no such thing. Feck off quoting my non-existent posts

Funny how you only said GREAT THINGS about her until she left...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

he is having a complete meltdown about the Muller probe on twitter the last week..... Does anyone else get the feeling he is about to shut down the probe and use Strzok as an excuse ? I predict he will attempt it before the week is over

he is having a complete meltdown about the Muller probe on twitter the last week..... Does anyone else get the feeling he is about to shut down the probe and use Strzok as an excuse ? I predict he will attempt it before the week is over

He's fired all but one of those Comey told about "the conversation".

Rudy is now saying that the conversation never happened, despite saying in June/July that it did.

Fox are now floating the conspiracy theory that Strzok and the deep state set up this Russia meeting, and Trump was framed.

Tinfoil stuff doesn't cover it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Feck off

This is a forum for serious discussion. No more of this nonsense please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

His stay tuned tweet was the usual **** from him alright, I don't think he can shut it down. He can pressure it, he can actively continue to obstruct whole they claim he isn't obstructing, he can have his parrots wage his PR war but the investigation will go on.

I think I mentioned a couple of weeks back, this is the first I've seen him really appear like the stress is affecting him. You will see more and more Trump behavior but just block as much of it out as you can. It's just noise and it isn't aimed at you or anybody with critical thinking ability.

I don't think they will try to shut it down, at least in the short-term.

If the GOP holds on in the mid-terms then its a goner. Probably not last until the end of the year and nothing will ever come from it.

If the DNC manage to win enough, then this is all laying the groundwork for his supporters to believe that it is all a DNC lead witch-hunt and thus any report will be seen through the prism of a DNC controlled house and thus will be ignored.

It really is amazing watching how easily manipulated a modern, information rich, country can be. Its scary, of course, but amazing to watch unfold in front of us.

Giuliani is simply playing the game that Trump has always followed. Say something, then change your mind. People spend so much time debating what was actually said, the reasons, behind it, trying to interpret it all. Instead of simply ignoring it all and keeping them to the truth.

Tapper, (it was on his show that Giuliani changed his stance) seemed more interested in proving that Giuliani had said it then holding him to account for this new position.

I watched "get me Roger Stone" yesterday, a doc on Netflix.

Very much required viewing if you want to truly know the media war Trump is waging and how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Eh, you believe all staff should be strip searched everyday? As that is what it would take for people in such positions to be 'unable' to do it.

Not at all - Like I said in an earlier post, with my own employer and in many others that I know of, there are scanners/metal detectors etc. when entering secure parts of the building..

I'm utterly shocked that this isn't the case in the White House..
    Best way of cutting the probabilities of this happening is not to hire people with little or no integrity and for that Trump of course must take responsibility.

Absolutely..

I read an article the other day and the writer spoke of being a guest in the Situation room a few years back and that as a guest he was subject to a full search etc. but that staff were expected to behave on an "honour system".

Clearly if they can't trust their staff right now , then everybody needs to be searched for the foreseeable future.

The real question is why the honour system, which operated so well before has broken down.

Is it simply because this group of people are an outlier against all the others that preceded them? It Trump the 1st ever POTUS that had people working for him that were not 100% committed to him? Have no other staff never had to deal with different 'camps' inside an administration?

I would wager that to any real extent that the answer to all the above is No. Therefore something else has happened. And it has happened on Trump's watch. And it keeps happening.

First off, Kelly should be fired. How did he let such a security breach happen. He know it was a delicate situation yet he did nothing to protect POTUS for a possible outcome such as this?
    Second, POTUS needs to make a statement on the security in the WH. He needs to kick out people like Ivanka and Jared if they don't have the clearance. Allowing them to bend the rules simply sends the wrong signal to the rest of the admin.
    And lastly, his seemingly uncaring attitude to possible Russian interference gives out the clear impression that security of these sorts of things is not important. When you have a candidate for POTUS asking a foreign power to hack an opponent, surely taping conversations is simply accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

Water John wrote: »
    Just how petty is Trump? Fails to name the  Defence Bill he is signing because it contains the name of John McCain.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/14/trump-fails-to-mention-john-mccain-at-signing-of-defence-bill-named-after-him

How can anyone have any time for this small minded little man?

Lord have mercy … is this the best you and the guardian can do to urinate on President Donald J Trump?  You mentioned the words  'petty and small minded' … seems to me that the POTUS is actually concentrating on what is important … the bill itself.  The media calls the Affordable Care Act … Obamacare … and no one seems concerned about that.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/1029387046509584384

nothing says "she has no dirt on me" quite like "legging it to Court to stop her talking about me".

Anyway, I have read a) she didn't sign it and b) they aren't enforceable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Nox wrote: »
    Lord have mercy … is this the best you and the guardian can do to urinate on President Donald J Trump?  You mentioned the words  'petty and small minded' … seems to me that the POTUS is actually concentrating on what is important … the bill itself.  The media calls the Affordable Care Act … Obamacare … and no one seems concerned about that.

Obamacare was coined by opponents of the ACA as a way to associate bad feelings for the President with the actual act. The vast majority of the media refers to the ACA as just that, not Obamacare. The actual name of that bill is the PPACA/HCERA. ACA is just shorthand for it. House Democrats tried to use House rules to keep their Republicans colleagues from referring to "ObamaCare" in legislation and in official mailings. The DNC, has called the term "disparaging" to the President.

Trump has refused to call the very bill he was signing by the name it is called.

There is a big difference there and they are in no way comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The real question is why the honour system, which operated so well before has broken down.

Is it simply because this group of people are an outlier against all the others that preceded them? It Trump the 1st ever POTUS that had people working for him that were not 100% committed to him? Have no other staff never had to deal with different 'camps' inside an administration?

I would wager that to any real extent that the answer to all the above is No. Therefore something else has happened. And it has happened on Trump's watch. And it keeps happening.

First off, Kelly should be fired. How did he let such a security breach happen. He know it was a delicate situation yet he did nothing to protect POTUS for a possible outcome such as this?
    Second, POTUS needs to make a statement on the security in the WH. He needs to kick out people like Ivanka and Jared if they don't have the clearance. Allowing them to bend the rules simply sends the wrong signal to the rest of the admin.
    And lastly, his seemingly uncaring attitude to possible Russian interference gives out the clear impression that security of these sorts of things is not important. When you have a candidate for POTUS asking a foreign power to hack an opponent, surely taping conversations is simply accepted?

The White House is a dangerous mess. I wonder where the buck stops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The White House is a dangerous mess. I wonder where the buck stops.

Well president Truman said the buck stopped with him, so if the White House is in a mess it's because of the president.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well president Truman said the buck stopped with him, so if the White House is in a mess it's because of the president.

Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Wow, the defense has rested in the Manafort trial already, they didn't call a single witness.

• Advertisement

Nox wrote: »

Jesus could you just own something? You have no idea what your talking about or else your just lying. I know which I think it is but I wish you would simply own it instead.

His display at the signing was as petty as you can get, again if you actually know what your talking about you would know why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement