Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Pelvis wrote: »
    Wow, the defense has rested in the Manafort trial already, they didn't call a single witness.

First a motion to acquit, then no defense witnesses? Manafort couldn't look more guilty if he and the Sex Pistols recorded a song about his exploits while on the run in Brazil!

Seriously, I hope he gets sent down for as long as possible. Even by the standards of scumbag that Trump associates with, Manafort is a singular POS. His time in the Ukraine when he was advising Yanukovych resulted in a lot of spilled blood and that came at the end of a career making money from despots and warlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Sounds like a deal done already hence no need to go through the motions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Or else Manafort is taking his chances with what seems a sympathetic Judge in his corner. He simply might be taking a chance and if that doesn't work Plan B is to rollover and do a deal.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Water John wrote: »
    Or else Manafort is taking his chances with what seems a sympathetic Judge in his corner. He simply might be taking a chance and if that doesn't work Plan B is to rollover and do a deal.

Or more likely he's holding out for his reward for keeping schtum in the form of a Presidential pardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

Nox wrote: »
    Lord have mercy … is this the best you and the guardian can do to urinate on President Donald J Trump?  You mentioned the words  'petty and small minded' … seems to me that the POTUS is actually concentrating on what is important … the bill itself.  The media calls the Affordable Care Act … Obamacare … and no one seems concerned about that.

Jesus could you just own something? You have no idea what your talking about or else your just lying. I know which I think it is but I wish you would simply own it instead.

His display at the signing was as petty as you can get, again if you actually know what your talking about you would know why.

Your personal insult is noted and I do "own" my words and I do know what I'm talking about.  My words are my opinion … and I think that you and all the others (including the guardian) are petty for stooping to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,029 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Or more likely he's holding out for his reward for keeping schtum in the form of a Presidential pardon.

His second trial is Mid-september. I wouldn't expect anything major to happen until the end of that trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Nox wrote: »
    Your personal insult is noted and I do "own" my words and I do know what I'm talking about.  My words are my opinion … and I think that you and all the others (including the guardian) are petty for stooping to this.

You don't own it, you make excuses and lie. If you actually watched his speech as you obviously have since you have affirmed you do indeed know what your talking about then you were just lying quite simply. Note that too sure.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Best way of cutting the probabilities of this happening is not to hire people with little or no integrity and for that Trump of course must take responsibility.

The woman comes across as an unhinged gold digger. Her book therefore ironically titled.

Hang on isn't Trump supposed to be draining the swamp and surrounding himself with the best people? How many instances of adding to the swamp and firing/quitting of the best people is it going to take for Trump supporters to realise they backed at best an inept con man or at worst a compromised con man?

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    I will Make Our Government Honest Again -- believe me. But first, I'm going to have to #DrainTheSwamp in DC. (link: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trumps-five-point-plan-for-ethics-reform) donaldjtrump.com/press-releases…
    4:33 PM · Oct 18, 2016 from Colorado Springs, CO

“I’m going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people. We want top of the line professionals,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/08/trump-ends-relationship-with-longtime-political-adviser-roger-stone/

Sounds like a deal done already hence no need to go through the motions.

Either he doesn't care about dying in jail, which is unlikely.

He is doing a deal, there has been no sign he has even been offered one.

He is banking on a pardon for his loyalty, pretty likely

He knows that if he talks he will be targeted or his family will be targeted by his former business associates, also quite likely imo

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Either he doesn't care about dying in jail, which is unlikely.

He is doing a deal, there has been no sign he has even been offered one.

He is banking on a pardon for his loyalty, pretty likely

He knows that if he talks he will be targeted or his family will be targeted by his former business associates, also quite likely imo

The timing of any pardon could have significant implications. If it were to happen before the mid-terms it could have a big impact.

Trumps base won't care and it's unlikely to make them anymore more or less likely to vote.

But I can see it having a huge impact on the Dem voter turn out.. It would be a huge stick for the Dem's to beat the GOP with - "Look how he/they are flouting the rule of law" etc.

• Advertisement

Another Tape dropped by Amorosa..

This time it's a recording of a group of his aides talking about how to deal with the possible publication of Apprentice tapes of him using the N word..
    Lynne Patton, a Trump campaign aide and assistant to one of the President's sons, told fellow campaign officials on a call in October 2016 that she confronted Trump about the existence of the tape and that he denied it, according to a recording of the call publicly released Tuesday morning by Manigault Newman on CBS.
    "I said, 'Well, sir, can you think of anytime this might have happened?' and he said no," Patton said on the call with Manigault Newman, Katrina Pierson, a Trump campaign spokeswoman, and Jason Miller, the campaign's communications director, according to the audio released Tuesday. Besides Miller, all three aides are black.
    During the same call, Pierson says she doesn't believe the President's denials, but began to consider how she could "spin it" should the alleged tape become public. "He said it," Pierson says. "No, he said it. He's embarrassed."

This despite Piersen appearing on TV only hours before the tape dropped denying it's existence.
    On Monday evening, before tape of the phone call was made public, Pierson denied such a call ever transpired.
    "That did not happen. It sounds like she's writing a script for a movie," she insisted.
    Despite her assertion on the recording that Trump did use the racial epithet, Pierson said on Tuesday she does not believe that Trump used the N-word. "No. I do not," Pierson said via text message when asked.

As Comey said, 'my oh my, I wish there are tapes'.

All in the staff will now be very careful as a tape may prove them liars. Neither do they know who to trust. A nest of vipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Hang on isn't Trump supposed to be draining the swamp and surrounding himself with the best people? How many instances of adding to the swamp and firing/quitting of the best people is it going to take for Trump supporters to realise they backed at best an inept con man or at worst a compromised con man?

It was pretty clear before the election, but is abundantly clear since, that even his own supporters do not actually believe much of what he says. When they say he tells it like it is, they mean I heard what I wanted to hear.

They are not interested in MAGA, they are interested in making their version of America back to the way they see it. They are not worried about draining the swamp, cutting federal government, handouts or any of that. They are, IMO, worried mainly about getting one in the eye of the liberals, the minorities, and anyone with a different POV that them.

Nearly every position they have is so full on contradictions it not even possible to debate with them as they have both sides, whichever suits them best. HC should be locked up for using her personal e-mail, Kushner simply made a mistake. HC was a liar, Trump lies each and every day yet it is not even mentioned.

The list goes on and on and on. I wonder will the media be less forgiving come 2020 (it doesn't appear so). Forget the hoopla and the small things. The GOP should be hammered over allowing the tax cut to drastically increase the national debt. They should be lambasted over their total failure in Puerto Rico. They should be questioned, at every opportunity, as to why they totally failed to make healthcare better (a seemingly open goal given how terrible Obamacare is). They should be asked why, a party that stands for people looking after themselves, agreed to give $12bn in handouts to farmers when Puerto Rico still has no power.

They should be questioned why they allowed the POTUS to continually attack an American institution such as Harley Davidson over and over again, yet he and his daughter produce their products in China.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The timing of any pardon could have significant implications. If it were to happen before the mid-terms it could have a big impact.

Trumps base won't care and it's unlikely to make them anymore more or less likely to vote.

But I can see it having a huge impact on the Dem voter turn out.. It would be a huge stick for the Dem's to beat the GOP with - "Look how he/they are flouting the rule of law" etc.

Trump wouldn't care but the GOP may be able to apply enough logic to him to get him to hold off until after the midterms, it's easy enough to sell that to him as good for Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,132 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I have not had time to digest much of the current ****show, but at the very least it does prove that Trump does not hire the best people. omorossa has always been a grifter ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I don't have a twitter account so can't follow Don's tweeting. I see that he has been restrained in his language in describing Omarosa, though what he's written is bad. I noted that he used the male canine title when referring to her, instead of the female canine title. As for employing her, if his description of her work trustworthiness is correct, that's all down to him, not General Kelly. If one takes Don's "I didn't know Kelly fired you" at face value, then Kelly has a lot more authority than thought, which is contradicted by how Omarosa had so much freedom in the W/House.

One has to ask what sort of background checks are done on political staffers there. I'm not talking about loyalty to Don Trump as a person or President, I'm talking about being team workers and reliable to keep the train on the tracks, and not throat-cutters or totally career-minded over all else. If Don is credibly seen as a pawn to Russia, what does it say about his staffers who are so ready to gut other staffers. How much trust can the US actually place in the whole White House staff contingent?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

aloyisious wrote: »
    How much trust can the US actually place in the whole White House staff contingent?

Zero.

Trump had no idea that he needed to completely replace the staff of the White House, the only staff provided for him by the state are the secret service detail who would have been following him since the nomination. Everyone else in there are Trumps picks, or picks of Trumps picks. That swamp is entirely down to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Her strategy is well worked.

Accuse

Get him to deny

Prove him wrong

Get him to change his story

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

aloyisious wrote: »
    I don't have a twitter account so can't follow Don's tweeting. I see that he has been restrained in his language in describing Omarosa,

He called her crazed, a lowlife. He has called her wacky, nasty to people, said Kelly called her a loser, people in the WH hated her. She was vicious, but not smart.

Yeah, pretty restrained all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

Leroy42 wrote: »
    He called her crazed, a lowlife. He has called her wacky, nasty to people, said Kelly called her a loser, people in the WH hated her. She was vicious, but not smart.

Yeah, pretty restrained all right.

And called her a dog, don't forget about that one.

Aloyisious - you made a point about that fact he did not, in your words, refer to her in the female canine sense. Does this make the insult better for you, like that language is somewhat acceptable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The Press Secretary can't guarantee that there isn't a recording of Trump using the N-word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBM8ka84xxs

Some times we live in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,743 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

If the recording did come out, trump would either try to defend it or else say it’s fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    The Press Secretary can't guarantee that there isn't a recording of Trump using the N-word.

Some times we live in!

Eh, loathe as I am to defend Trump, you can't prove a negative.

Well the one way to be sure there isn't a tape, is to never have used the N word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I'm the last person to defend Trump but I used the N-word once. I was young and had no clue and used it in a jokey way. I was also in the States at the time and got told in no uncertain terms that I should refrain from doing so in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Eh, loathe as I am to defend Trump, you can't prove a negative.

Proving and guaranteeing are not the same thing. I can guarantee you there is no video of me using the n-word. The fact SHS can't about the potus says a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Some times we live in!
    Considering her distant relationship with the truth I'm surprised she didn't just say yes.

If the recording did come out, trump would either try to defend it or else say it’s fake.

Why bother? His base won't care, the republicans won't care. We'll have multiple people here coming up with stories about how he was talking about Niger.

The nature of the his denials around this are eerily similar to his denials around the infamous Pee Tape.

His current line is , "There is no Video , I've been assure that no such Video exists" etc.

When asked about the Russia tape he gave a rambling answer saying something like "There is no tape , when I'm staying in hotels I always assume that I might be being taped so I'm very careful , there's no way there's a tape"..followed by "but anyway I didn't do it"

Normal people when presented with an accusation like that would respond simply "There couldn't be a tape, because it never happened"..

His replies are always of the "You can't prove it" style and not the fair simpler and far less suspicious "I didn't do it"..

I wonder why??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭amandstu

Do some or most of us not already have such a poor estimation of this man's character that we do not actually need to know that he uttered this word (presumably in a demeaning way)?

I actually would prefer it to be untrue** (though how could that be proven?)

Who was that tit (now banned?) who actually said that a racist tirade from Trump would actually make him think better of him ?

**I would welcome it if the POTUS had a decent bone in his body somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The president of the united states "publicly" called an ex employee a lowlife and a "dog"
    Whatever your political leaning are you not dismayed at the sheer stupidity and vulgarity displayed by this man.
    Are we now officially beyond shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement