Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

She seems to be going for the Snowden/Guardian tactic of drip feeding stuff and forcing the powers that be into denials that they can refute just after. It is a smart strategy and possibly why SHS avoided simply saying yes. Lying is one thing. Having the tape come out the evening of the lie would really corner her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭amandstu

Christy42 wrote: »
    She seems to be going for the Snowden/Guardian tactic of drip feeding stuff and forcing the powers that be into denials that they can refute just after. It is a smart strategy and possibly why SHS avoided simply saying yes. Lying is one thing. Having the tape come out the evening of the lie would really corner her.
    I am personally leaning towards there being no tape but that they cannot know this (and fear it could be true)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Leroy42 wrote: »
    He called her crazed, a lowlife. He has called her wacky, nasty to people, said Kelly called her a loser, people in the WH hated her. She was vicious, but not smart.

Yeah, pretty restrained all right.

Two of which makes him a very unperceptive employer. Who in their right mind employs a person who's a crazed wacky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,814 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

irishash wrote: »
    And called her a dog, don't forget about that one.

Aloyisious - you made a point about that fact he did not, in your words, refer to her in the female canine sense. Does this make the insult better for you, like that language is somewhat acceptable?

No. just that some-one probably read his mind and forestalled his use of the other word. He may still have handlers with a degree of control. Imagine if he'd had an outburst like in the past and had used the N-word.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

https://mobile.twitter.com/thegarance/status/1027938631217033216

'In sum: Trump's inaugural cmte. paid $26 million to a firm owned by friend of Melania's, who in turn paid Apprentice creator Mark Burnett's team, brought in at Trump's request, after Burnett refused to release the allegedly inflammatory Trump Apprentice tapes during the election'

Very interesting. A lot of people besides Omarosa are saying Trump did say the N word , along with a lot of other racial insensitivities. during the filming if The Apprentice.Penn Jillete is one of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,919 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A tape will emerge, and Sanders will say "black people say it all the time, so why can't white people - that's discrimination!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

everlast75 wrote: »
    A tape will emerge, and Sanders will say "black people say it all the time, so why can't white people - that's discrimination!"

He was quoting a song. It's just rapper room talk.

Hard to tell if a tape will emerge. It has to be well buried. But there is little doubt he used racial slurs during The Apprentice. And the people who don't believe that probably wouldn't care if he did anyway.

And then we can call her Whitey Sarah?:)
    But seriously ,if people other than black people start referring to them commonly as "******" it would be very open to abuse,esp since only racists would want to do that in the first place.

Still hoping/half expecting that Trump did not sink this low...

edit:see I was asterisked. I wrote the term in full ;it seemed appropriate....

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

Nox wrote: »
    Your personal insult is noted and I do "own" my words and I do know what I'm talking about.  My words are my opinion … and I think that you and all the others (including the guardian) are petty for stooping to this.

You don't own it, you make excuses and lie. If you actually watched his speech as you obviously have since you have affirmed you do indeed know what your talking about then you were just lying quite simply. Note that too sure.

Looks like you're trying to start a fight … I'm not interested.

At the risk of repeating myself, just in case someone might not know, Summer Zervos is suing DJT for sexual harassment while on the Apprentice. Incidentally, her description of what she says happens sounds absolutely plausible. Anyhoo, he brought a challenge to stop the case and the Court ruled it should go ahead. He is to be deposed before January.
    As part of her case, she maintains that there are videotapes which will show evidence of his behaviour and is looking for them. If tapes exist (and I believe they do), then someone will have to swear under oath as to their whereabouts.

Incidentally, why hasn't Mr. Burnett released a statement confirming that no such tapes exist? Anyone else think that Trump rang him in a panic, that Burnett gets a phone call from the Pres out of the blue, desperately asking as to whether those tapes exist, and Burnett says what DJT wants to hear, so DJT gets straight off the call and on to twitter so say what he says? Doesn't that make perfect sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Nox, since you appear to be one of the few people left here who support Trump, any chance on having a go my question from yesterday. Don't know how to quote myself but here it is.

"Hang on isn't Trump supposed to be draining the swamp and surrounding himself with the best people? How many instances of adding to the swamp and firing/quitting of the best people is it going to take for Trump supporters to realise they backed at best an inept con man or at worst a compromised con man?"

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The nature of the his denials around this are eerily similar to his denials around the infamous Pee Tape.

His current line is , "There is no Video , I've been assure that no such Video exists" etc.

When asked about the Russia tape he gave a rambling answer saying something like "There is no tape , when I'm staying in hotels I always assume that I might be being taped so I'm very careful , there's no way there's a tape"..followed by "but anyway I didn't do it"

Normal people when presented with an accusation like that would respond simply "There couldn't be a tape, because it never happened"..

His replies are always of the "You can't prove it" style and not the fair simpler and far less suspicious "I didn't do it"..

I wonder why??

Have you seen the "pee tape"?  I haven't.

Have you seen the "pee tape"?  I haven't.

not yet ;)

not yet ;)

I read somewhere it might not be "pee":eek:

No idea as to credibility or veracity....

Nox, since you appear to be one of the few people left here who support Trump, any chance on having a go my question form yesterday. Don't know how to quote myself by here it is.

"Hang on isn't Trump supposed to be draining the swamp and surrounding himself with the best people? How many instances of adding to the swamp and firing/quitting of the best people is it going to take for Trump supporters to realise they backed at best an inept con man or at worst a compromised con man?"

I must admit that if I did see your original post I ignored it.  Was it directed at me?  If it was I apologize for not remembering it … if not then I apologize for nothing because many post mean nothing to me.

To respond to this repeated post I say this … I admire President Donald J Trump for his loyalty to those who are loyal to him.  Jeff Sessions was loyal and the first Senator to endorse him.  As the AG, Jeff Sessions is a galactic POS.  And yes Sessions has now became part of the swamp.  I was elated when he was nominated to be AG … now I can't get my foot high enough to kick myself in the ass.  There are others that I could mention, but I lack the desire to waste keystrokes on them.  Would you have me believe that the previous POTUS did a good job in his selections for the position of AG … Eric and Loretta?   However, I still support President Donald J Trump.

Your use of the word "con" twice leads me to believe that you really like CNN.  Speaking of CNN, I heard a pundit say yesterday that CNN is widely popular in Ireland.  If this is true, then I guess it doesn't surprise me in the least that I, as you say, "appear to be one of the few people left here who support Trump".  With 24/7 hate President Donald J Trump blather, it does tend to alter objectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,374 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

CNN is not widely popular in Ireland by any stretch of the imagination or even a little popular it’s a foreign news station with little impact here.

I must admit that if I did see your original post I ignored it.  Was it directed at me?  If it was I apologize for not remembering it … if not then I apologize for nothing because many post mean nothing to me.

To respond to this repeated post I say this … I admire President Donald J Trump for his loyalty to those who are loyal to him.  Jeff Sessions was loyal and the first Senator to endorse him.  As the AG, Jeff Sessions is a galactic POS.  And yes Sessions has now became part of the swamp.  I was elated when he was nominated to be AG … now I can't get my foot high enough to kick myself in the ass.  There are others that I could mention, but I lack the desire to waste keystrokes on them.  Would you have me believe that the previous POTUS did a good job in his selections for the position of AG … Eric and Loretta?   However, I still support President Donald J Trump.

Your use of the word "con" twice leads me to believe that you really like CNN.  Speaking of CNN, I heard a pundit say yesterday that CNN is widely popular in Ireland.  If this is true, then I guess it doesn't surprise me in the least that I, as you say, "appear to be one of the few people left here who support Trump".  With 24/7 hate President Donald J Trump blather, it does tend to alter objectivity.

Thanks for the response. The use of the word con is deliberate as that is how I see him. It's not derived from news sources but my own work experience in dealing with business people who have issues with adhering to rules and regulations around taxation matters. Trump reminds me of traits I've seen in several people who would have been at the high end of the scale in terms of risk. The traits appear to be magnified by his need for public attention but they are there nonetheless. To have these traits celebrated baffles me to no end.

I'm pretty sure most people on this thread can manage to look a various prices of information from various sources and come to their own conclusions which may be the same conclusions as news outlets such as CNN or whatever. This is because for the most part I wager, that we can't believe the insanity that is Donald Trump's Whitehouse. There is nothing to give him credit for in the least. If he through design managed to do something of note because it was a good or even something normal, then he'd be entitled to credit for it. All I can see however is one mad episode after another.

Thanks for the response. The use of the word con is deliberate as that is how I see him. It's not derived from news sources but my own work experience in dealing with business people who have issues with adhering to rules and regulations around taxation matters. Trump reminds me of traits I've seen in several people who would have been at the high end of the scale in terms of risk. The traits appear to be magnified by his need for public attention but they are there nonetheless. To have these traits celebrated baffles me to no end.

I'm pretty sure most people on this thread can manage to look a various prices of information from various sources and come to their own conclusions which may be the same conclusions as news outlets such as CNN or whatever. This is because for the most part I wager, that we can't believe the insanity that is Donald Trump's Whitehouse. There is nothing to give him credit for in the least. If he through design managed to do something of note because it was a good or even something normal, then he'd be entitled to credit for it. All I can see however is one mad episode after another.

I will use just one exceedingly small example to see if you might accidentally see something good that President Donald J Trump has done … that is letting folks try experimental drugs.  I know that when my wife was dying of breast cancer, she would have tried one of those if she had been allowed.

I will use just one exceedingly small example to see if you might accidentally see something good that President Donald J Trump has done … that is letting folks try experimental drugs.  I know that when my wife was dying of breast cancer, she would have tried one of those if she had been allowed.

If everything Trump had done was wrong we could set our star by him and do the opposite.

That is not the issue.

The issue of experimental drugs is one I am not too familiar with but I do know that is not a black and white issue .as the HIV drug issue in African and other countries showed at that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Eh, loathe as I am to defend Trump, you can't prove a negative.

I'd say the point is she has often put her neck on the line but hasn't done so this time, and she knew what the headlines would be by doing so.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Just on the experimental drugs issue, it all depends on the safeguards that are in place. We have seen in the past that companies are not against using such desperate people for some pretty shady carry on. The FDA have protocols in place to try to protect people for the some of the effects of untested drugs.

But even if all that wasn't an issue, on the contrary to Trumps position he hired an AG who is steadfast against marijuana. So he is in favor of letting desperate people take whatever miracle, but untested, fancy a drug company can think of, but totally against marijuana! Again, as I said in an earlier post, total contradictions.

And wouldn't it be better again if Trump actually tried to deal with the healthcare system. Instead he walked in with no ideas, no clue, not even an understanding of the issues (who know it was so complicated) promised to repeal and replace. Instead, we got nothing but him actively setting out to destroy Obamacare from within because he couldn't get his own way. And people are going to suffer because of that. Instead of this populist nonsense, he would be far better actually putting together a plan to give healthcare to everyone so that they might avoid having to go the route of experimental drugs.

They can find $Bns for tax cuts, 12bn for farmers, they are going to spend 750nb+ on the military, but he can't even begin to think of a way to help people get access to proper healthcare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Funny to see the constant tactic of lie lie lie flows so fluid through those close to him also, the aides who were on tv mocking the omarosa claim of the conference call or the one who put out the statement denying it ever happened either shown to have zero credibility themselves as soon as the tape was released of the very conference call they said never happened. One if them smirking going so far as to say it sounded like she was writing lines for a movie script.

Thought Cooper could have put the screws to the one who turned up to his show to try to change her story actually, but it was fine she laid it all out herself with how ridiculous it was.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

To be exact, Trump promised that he'd provide "insurance for everybody", and that he wouldn't cut medicaid:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obamacare-promises-236021

Of course he later remarked that "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated." (exact words). Who knew a trustfund real-estate billionaire wasn't the best person to fix a nation access to medical care? And that 'insurance for everybody' wasn't even a pipedream but a bald-faced lie?

Healthcare is something we're all likely to avail of, be it for mundane or life-threatening issues and I feel a great swell of sorrow that Americans are so trapped under mountains of debt, costs and prohibition from basic healthcare we over here in Ireland take for granted (despite the HSE's many, noteworthy faults). My own wife requires long-term medicine to keep a relatively minor issue at bay, yet were we living in the US we'd be paying 1000s a month instead of the more affordable, subsided value.

I don't agree about compulsory insurance - which I suspect our own government is trying to slowly bleed into the discourse - but the idea of a 1st world nation aggressively preventing access to simple, affordable care is obscene. Moreso that folks actively cheer this decision, in what amounts to an attitude of "I've got mine, f*ck you" towards others less fortunate.

Any country that says you're entitled to a free lawyer if you break the law, but NOT free basic healthcare if you get sick, has its priorities a little skewed.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Just on the experimental drugs issue, it all depends on the safeguards that are in place.  We have seen in the past that companies are not against using such desperate people for some pretty shady carry on.  The FDA have protocols in place to try to protect people for the some of the effects of untested drugs.

But even if all that wasn't an issue, on the contrary to Trumps position he hired an AG who is steadfast against marijuana.  So he is in favor of letting desperate people take whatever miracle, but untested, fancy a drug company can think of, but totally against marijuana!  Again, as I said in an earlier post, total contradictions.

And wouldn't it be better again if Trump actually tried to deal with the healthcare system.  Instead he walked in with no ideas, no clue, not even an understanding of the issues (who know it was so complicated) promised to repeal and replace.  Instead, we got nothing but him actively setting out to destroy Obamacare from within because he couldn't get his own way.  And people are going to suffer because of that.  Instead of this populist nonsense, he would be far better actually putting together a plan to give healthcare to everyone so that they might avoid having to go the route of experimental drugs.

They can find $Bns for tax cuts, 12bn for farmers, they are going to spend 750nb+ on the military, but he can't even begin to think of a way to help people get access to proper healthcare.

Have you followed the real news … not just CNN?  He's tried … the party of oppose everything is at play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I must admit that if I did see your original post I ignored it. Was it directed at me? If it was I apologize for not remembering it … if not then I apologize for nothing because many post mean nothing to me.

To respond to this repeated post I say this … I admire President Donald J Trump for his loyalty to those who are loyal to him. Jeff Sessions was loyal and the first Senator to endorse him. As the AG, Jeff Sessions is a galactic POS. And yes Sessions has now became part of the swamp. I was elated when he was nominated to be AG … now I can't get my foot high enough to kick myself in the ass. There are others that I could mention, but I lack the desire to waste keystrokes on them. Would you have me believe that the previous POTUS did a good job in his selections for the position of AG … Eric and Loretta? However, I still support President Donald J Trump.

Your use of the word "con" twice leads me to believe that you really like CNN. Speaking of CNN, I heard a pundit say yesterday that CNN is widely popular in Ireland. If this is true, then I guess it doesn't surprise me in the least that I, as you say, "appear to be one of the few people left here who support Trump". With 24/7 hate President Donald J Trump blather, it does tend to alter objectivity.

Didn't Fox withdraw from Sky leaving no presence for most of Ireland and UK? They aren't on my channels anymore anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Have you followed the real news … not just CNN?  He's tried … the party of oppose everything is at play here.

That would obviously be the Republican Party since they control both houses

I don't just watch CNN, infact hardly ever do, but I do try to get an overall view. But what parts of the media have I missed that puts out where Trump was stopped for enacting his healthcare reforms?

Must have missed that bit in the news when he was stopped from making EO, the GOP didn't control the house, and the GOP didn't control the senate.

Or do you mean that the GOP is the party of oppose everything? In which case how can you support a POTUS that is willing to allow that party stymie he great plan?

Fox news in particular seem dead set against healthcare for everyone.

Nox, how much of CNN do you watch? Because, clearly they are against many of Trump's policies and the way is has lied and debased the office, but do you view everything they report through a lens that it is merely because they hate Trump.

They have his spokespeople on regularly, free to give their "alternative facts". Why has POTUS gone onto to them even once? He regularly call Fox, gives Fox shout out on twitter. You would almost think, since Hannity etc are regularly meeting him, that they are working together.

Didn't Fox withdraw from Sky leaving no presence for most of Ireland and UK? They aren't on my channels anymore anyway.

Haven't watched Fox ever for that reason . Are they a serious news channel?

Have they changed since Trump ,as president lionized them ?

• Advertisement

Thanks again Nox. Wouldn't like to find myself in that position and could see myself trying to avail of anything tested or not at that stage. All you'd have left would be hope.

That said, given Trumps issues with regulations, governance and authorities in general, the action of side stepping a regulatory body such as the FDA is in keeping with his style. It's a tough one to give him credit for as it appears its not a massive change from what happened previously.

"Patients were able to apply to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for access to non-approved drugs before, and most were granted permission.

The new bill does not mandate that drug makers give access to unapproved drugs to patients asking for them.

The new Right to Try act allows patients with life-threatening diseases to bypass the FDA's application process for "compassionate use" of experimental drugs.

Patients seeking access to "investigational drugs" now need only the approval of their physician and the drug manufacturer.

The new bill protects doctors and companies from the legal risks of allowing unapproved treatments unless they intentionally harm a patient.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44305998

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement