Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

No el Trumpo tweet yet today.... very disappointing #SAD

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Nox

Nox wrote: »
    I will use just one exceedingly small example to see if you might accidentally see something good that President Donald J Trump has done … that is letting folks try experimental drugs.  I know that when my wife was dying of breast cancer, she would have tried one of those if she had been allowed.

Thanks again Nox. Wouldn't like to find myself in that position and could see myself trying to avail of anything tested or not at that stage. All you'd have left would be hope.

That said, given Trumps issues with regulations, governance and authorities in general, the action of side stepping a regulatory body such as the FDA is in keeping with his style. It's a tough one to give him credit for as it appears its not a massive change from what happened previously.

"Patients were able to apply to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for access to non-approved drugs before, and most were granted permission.

The new bill does not mandate that drug makers give access to unapproved drugs to patients asking for them.

The new Right to Try act allows patients with life-threatening diseases to bypass the FDA's application process for "compassionate use" of experimental drugs.

Patients seeking access to "investigational drugs" now need only the approval of their physician and the drug manufacturer.

The new bill protects doctors and companies from the legal risks of allowing unapproved treatments unless they intentionally harm a patient.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44305998

Well …  you made a statement that he did nothing in your opinion that was positive.  I gave you the answer, "It's a tough one to give him credit for as it appears its not a massive change from what happened previously".

I don't mind intercourse, but no matter what I say … I'm talking to a stone wall.  I hope I didn't waste your time with a minor attempt to show you something. BTW, Quin put out a response talking about a "pee tape" to which I responded that I hadn't seen it and asked if he (assuming Quin is male) had seen it … no reply from Quin.  Did I happen to say anything about talking to stone walls?

The constant urinating on President Donald J Trump without even giving credit for even the very slightest of good makes it difficult to respond.  Having said that, I was unaware of the Sky news that one poster was kind enough to post.  I made my comment because of what I had heard a pundit say about Ireland.  Nice to get the other side.  Speaking of other side … is there a news source in Ireland that presents anything positive about the POTUS?  This is probably wishful thinking considering that virtually all of what the POTUS does has little to do with Ireland.

pixelburp wrote: »
    To be exact, Trump promised that he'd provide "insurance for everybody", and that he wouldn't cut medicaid:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obamacare-promises-236021

Of course he later remarked that "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated." (exact words). Who knew a trustfund real-estate billionaire wasn't the best person to fix a nation access to medical care? And that 'insurance for everybody' wasn't even a pipedream but a bald-faced lie?

Hmmm … a "trustfund real-estate billionaire" and a 'community organizer' … medical care …

Nuf said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,920 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Well …  you made a statement that he did nothing in your opinion that was positive.  I gave you the answer, " It's a tough one to give him credit for as it appears its not a massive change from what happened previously".

I don't mind intercourse, but no matter what I say … I'm talking to a stone wall.  I hope I didn't waste your time with a minor attempt to show you something. BTW, Quin put out a response talking about a "pee tape" to which I responded that I hadn't seen it and asked if he (assuming Quin is male) had seen it … no reply from Quin.  Did I happen to say anything about talking to stone walls?

The constant urinating on President Donald J Trump without even giving credit for even the very slightest of good makes it difficult to respond.  Having said that, I was unaware of the Sky news that one poster was kind enough to post.  I made my comment because of what I had heard a pundit say about Ireland.  Nice to get the other side.  Speaking of other side … is there a news source in Ireland that presents anything positive about the POTUS?  This is probably wishful thinking considering that virtually all of what the POTUS does has little to do with Ireland.   

I must confess. I laughed out loud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

"[ color=#000000][ font=Times New Roman] [/ font][/ size][/ color]

The constant urinating on President Donald J Trump

I was going to take some time to respond, but your use of font size and color tags, which I only noticed on quoting you, is too reminiscent of recently departed posters on here for me to bother wasting my time.

Nice 'urinating on President Trump' metaphor you've used twice today, though.

It is a metaphor, right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Have you seen the "pee tape"?  I haven't.

No.. No one has to my knowledge and I have no idea if they really exist or not , but that wasn't the point of my post.

The point was around the manner in which he denied the existence of such a tape..

We have 2 situations where it is alleged that he did something bad and that a record (audio or video) exists to prove that he did it.

In both cases , the simple answer to the accusations would be "There couldn't be any such evidence because I've never done/said that in the 1st place"

However Trumps response in both situations has been to deny/refute the existence of the evidence of the act and not to directly deny the occurrence of the act itself.

Why did he do that? , twice now...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

I will use just one exceedingly small example to see if you might accidentally see something good that President Donald J Trump has done … that is letting folks try experimental drugs.  I know that when my wife was dying of breast cancer, she would have tried one of those if she had been allowed.

Thanks again Nox. Wouldn't like to find myself in that position and could see myself trying to avail of anything tested or not at that stage. All you'd have left would be hope.

That said, given Trumps issues with regulations, governance and authorities in general, the action of side stepping a regulatory body such as the FDA is in keeping with his style. It's a tough one to give him credit for as it appears its not a massive change from what happened previously.

"Patients were able to apply to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for access to non-approved drugs before, and most were granted permission.

The new bill does not mandate that drug makers give access to unapproved drugs to patients asking for them.

The new Right to Try act allows patients with life-threatening diseases to bypass the FDA's application process for "compassionate use" of experimental drugs.

Patients seeking access to "investigational drugs" now need only the approval of their physician and the drug manufacturer.

The new bill protects doctors and companies from the legal risks of allowing unapproved treatments unless they intentionally harm a patient.

Well …  you made a statement that he did nothing in your opinion that was positive.  I gave you the answer, " It's a tough one to give him credit for as it appears its not a massive change from what happened previously".

Honestly it seems to be more about the lack of good news from the Trump camp. I don't get why we need this PC nonsense of always finding the good side. It should be used to encourage 5 year olds as opposed to head of States. I would not try and come up with a good thing for anti vaccers either and I will not feel guilted to assume something he is doing is good simply because everything else he has done is a disaster.

This is a man whose main policies (healthcare and wall) have been stymied by his own party. Though to be fair to them his idea for health care was to assume someone else would come up with something.

He did have the anti lobbying law which I praised him for but did mitigate by coming up with exceptions. The McCain bill is good even if he launched it with pettiness (and I am not sure if he just signed off on it). The right to try bill will be something I will see the details of and then judge. You want people to say it is great but have supplied little in the way of details. Could major health firms use it to gouge money on no odds treatments under the label? I don't know. There is a right and a wrong way to implement what is a good idea.

His trade war is a policy that will have an effect here BTW so he is hardly trying to endear himself to us on that front.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm … a "trustfund real-estate billionaire" and a 'community organizer' … medical care …

Nuf said.

Nuf said about what? Who are you quoting when talking about "community organiser". Would appreciate more detail instead of some snarky 'dropping the mic' post.

You support Trump, fine, but he breaks promises and demonstrates ignorance over a key pillar of a basic Social Contract of government. You admit you have had medical issues, so doesn't that concern you? That he head of state is plainly naive at best?

Christy42 wrote: »

Honestly it seems to be more about the lack of good news from the Trump camp.  I don't get why we need this PC nonsense of always finding the good side. It should be used to encourage 5 year olds as opposed to head of States. I would not try and come up with a good thing for anti vaccers either and I will not feel guilted to assume something he is doing is good simply because everything else he has done is a disaster.

This is a man whose main policies (healthcare and wall) have been stymied by his own party. Though to be fair to them his idea for health care was to assume someone else would come up with something.

He did have the anti lobbying law which I praised him for but did mitigate by coming up with exceptions. The McCain bill is good even if he launched it with pettiness (and I am not sure if he just signed off on it). The right to try bill will be something I will see the details of and then judge. You want people to say it is great but have supplied little in the way of details. Could major health firms use it to gouge money on no odds treatments under the label? I don't know. There is a right and a wrong way to implement what is a good idea.

His trade war is a policy that will have an effect here BTW so he is hardly trying to endear himself to us on that front.

The trade war as you call it is merely getting the issue of anti-US tariffs under control.  Obviously you are a European and have no problem slapping horrendous tariffs on our goods while yours are virtually tariff free.  And so, if that is your beef with out POTUS … all I can say is  … O well.

I think we agree a little about PC nonsense.  However perpetual negative really gets old also.  Thank you for making me feel like I'm not talking to another wall.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Well …  you made a statement that he did nothing in your opinion that was positive.  I gave you the answer, "It's a tough one to give him credit for as it appears its not a massive change from what happened previously".

I've just replied... Real life intervened hence the delay

To be honest you'd struggle to find a single news source in Europe that would be positive about Trump.

At a basic level , pretty much all of Europe would be significantly to the left of where Trump and the GOP currently sit so there's unlikely to be huge support of the policies so all that's really left to talk about is his personality and how he conducts business.

I've heard a lot of GOP supporters say things along the lines of "Yes, I wish he'd tone down his behaviour, but I'm willing to look past that because I like his tax cuts etc."

The issue in Europe (and most of the rest of the world tbh) is that by and large there isn't support for the policies - Virtually no one in Europe believes in the GOP fiscal policy for example.

So for most people outside of US based GOP supporters , there isn't really a potential silver lining at the policy level to cling to.

All there is for everyone else is a cripplingly incompetent , boorish misogynistic racist who may also be guilty of significant crimes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

We don't have anti US tariffs, just tariffs, and the EU has long been willing and eager to discuss lowering tariffs with any country in the world.

Oh yeah average tariffs for the US and the EU are about the same by the way! (With the EU lower).

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/TM.TAX.MRCH.SM.AR.ZS/rankings

pixelburp wrote: »

Nuf said.

Nuf said about what? Who are you quoting when talking about "community organiser". Would appreciate more detail instead of some snarky 'dropping the mic' post.

You support Trump, fine, but he breaks promises and demonstrates ignorance over a key pillar of a basic Social Contract of government. You admit you have had medical issues, so doesn't that concern you? That he head of state is plainly naive at best?

Hmmm … you have no idea about who the community organizer is?  Is that "snarky" enough for you?

You talk about the current POTUS "demonstrates ignorance over a key pillar of a basic Social Contract of government" … as if the former rocket scientist talked about "keeping your doctor" and "lower premiums" (among other things) had a firm grip on health care.  Let us not forget hitlery's closed door workgroup on health care while bubba was in office.

Being naïve seems to be a common disease at the WH.

Christy42 wrote: »
    We don't have anti US tariffs, just tariffs, and the EU has long been willing and eager to discuss lowering tariffs with any country in the world.

Oh yeah average tariffs for the US and the EU are about the same by the way! (With the EU lower).

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/TM.TAX.MRCH.SM.AR.ZS/rankings

In relation to the US/EU Trade issues , Trump is conflating tarriffs with Health/Quality standards as well..

So he rails against the EU bans on things like GMO crops/feeds , Bleach washing of Chicken etc. which prevents certain US Produce from being sold in Europe which he treats the same as a tariff.

This is one of the big concerns that UK farmers have brought up in relation to Brexit , they are concerned that in any UK/US trade agreement Trump will demand that they allow the US products that currently don't meet EU Standards are allowed in. Because UK farmers will still need to adhere to EU standards for any other Sales which will make it very difficult for them to compete on price with US imports.

Let us not forget hitlery's closed door workgroup on health care while bubba was in office.

##Mod Note##

Less of the silly nicknames please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm … you have no idea about who the community organizer is?  Is that "snarky" enough for you?

You talk about the current POTUS "demonstrates ignorance over a key pillar of a basic Social Contract of government" … as if the former rocket scientist talked about "keeping your doctor" and "lower premiums" (among other things) had a firm grip on health care.  Let us not forget hitlery's closed door workgroup on health care while bubba was in office.

If you're going to indulge in whataboutery and name-calling instead of answering the question asked of you about Trumps healthcare agenda and failed promises that are noted in the public record, then we don't have anything to discuss.

As Quin_Dub mentioned, most of Europe would lean left of even the Democrats, so despite your weak attempts to try and insinuate favouritism towards Obama, many if not most folks this side of the pond weren't blind cheerleaders of the ACA - we already have socialised medicine. The prevailing mindset was probably support for Americans having easier access to healthcare.

But if you're only response is to make juvenile remarks about the last administration then your loss, if you're unwilling to hold Trump to the same standard you obviously feel Obama was deserving of. I feel sympathy tbh, as you obviously have/had medical issues and you're the loser in all this, nobody here.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

I've just replied... Real life intervened hence the delay

To be honest you'd struggle to find a single news source in Europe that would be positive about Trump.

At a basic level , pretty much all of Europe would be significantly to the left of where Trump and the GOP currently sit so there's unlikely to be huge support of the policies so all that's really left to talk about is his personality and how he conducts business.

I've heard a lot of GOP supporters say things along the lines of "Yes, I wish he'd tone down his behaviour, but I'm willing to look past that because I like his tax cuts etc."

The issue in Europe (and most of the rest of the world tbh) is that by and large there isn't support for the policies - Virtually no one in Europe believes in the GOP fiscal policy for example.

So for most people outside of US based GOP supporters , there isn't really a potential silver lining at the policy level to cling to.

All there is for everyone else is a cripplingly incompetent , boorish misogynistic racist who may also be guilty of significant crimes..

Yep.  And the Europeans so loved Obama that they gave him the Peace prize when he did nothing … and save you breath on blaming the Norwegians … all of Europe fawned over him.

Now Europe hates the current POTUS … let us talk about NATO.  Yes, Ireland is not in NATO, but we are talking about the rest of Europe.  Don't even begin to tell me that you guys didn't rest easier under our umbrella.  Yeah, there is a European defense force … but who provides the air support?

You guy's loved the constant apology tour and now that's over.  Sabout time.

"All there is for everyone else is a cripplingly incompetent , boorish misogynistic racist who may also be guilty of significant crimes."  You say that CNN isn't popular … this tripe is on CNN 24/7.

"All there is for everyone else is a cripplingly incompetent , boorish misogynistic racist who may also be guilty of significant crimes."  You say that CNN isn't popular … this tripe is on CNN 24/7.

Can you please take each of the above characterizations, and demonstrate how they are false, rather than passing them off as 'CNN tripe'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

If the apology tour is over someone should tell Trump.
    He was performing a snivelling encore in Helsinki a couple of weeks ago, defending Vlad from his own intelegence agencies.

With regard to your obsession with CNN. There are two options

1 You're right and the entire globe is being fed their opinions from CNN.

or 2 Trump is a liar and a fraud.

For the first one to be true we'd all have to be tuned in to a station that isn't even the biggest cable news station in it's own country and then stupid enough to believe everything we here from one source.

For the second to be true we'd just have to look and listen to Trump and converge upon the obvious conclusion that he's a liar, a fraud and clearly dim.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    "[ color=#000000][ font=Times New Roman] [/ font][/ size][/ color]

The constant urinating on President Donald J Trump

I was going to take some time to respond, but your use of font size and color tags, which I only noticed on quoting you, is too reminiscent of recently departed posters on here for me to bother wasting my time.

Nice 'urinating on President Trump' metaphor you've used twice today, though.

It is a metaphor, right?

What you referred to about font size and color is something I have no control over.  If you to a copy of information in a post to paste into a response you are giving it automatically changes font size.  I have no idea where the color bit comes from.  Sorry that made you upset … I am not to blame.

Yep.  And the Europeans so loved Obama that they gave him the Peace prize when he did nothing … and save you breath on blaming the Norwegians … all of Europe fawned over him.

Agree with you on the Nobel - Was more than a bit silly.. In terms of Obama and "Europeans loving him" , I guess that's probably not altogether untrue. Obama was the 1st Major US politician (certainly in my lifetime) that you felt might actually get elected in Europe.
    Now Europe hates the current POTUS … let us talk about NATO.  Yes, Ireland is not in NATO, but we are talking about the rest of Europe.  Don't even begin to tell me that you guys didn't rest easier under our umbrella.  Yeah, there is a European defense force … but who provides the air support?

Not sure I get the connection with NATO to be honest. Disliking Trump and/or the GOP is not disliking the US nor is it minimising the position that the US holds globally.

As I said in my other post , in general Europeans would not agree with or support the majority of the GOP policy platform but at least previous GOP leaders ( The Bush's , Reagan) behaved like adults and treated people , countries and organisations with some modicum of respect & decorum so people could move on and have grown up conversations about Trade or Foreign policy etc.

Because it's factually correct?

Set aside the policy stuff - We can agree to disagree on the merits of his and the GOP policies.

Can you seriously defend Trump the man?? He is an appalling human being, there is nothing to recommend him as a person whatsover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭amandstu

Can you seriously defend Trump the man?? He is an appalling human being, there is nothing to recommend him as a person whatsover.

I would like an answer to that too.

Agree with you on the Nobel - Was more than a bit silly.. In terms of Obama and "Europeans loving him" , I guess that's probably not altogether untrue. Obama was the 1st Major US politician (certainly in my lifetime) that you felt might actually get elected in Europe.

Not sure I get the connection with NATO to be honest. Disliking Trump and/or the GOP is not disliking the US nor is it minimising the position that the US holds globally.

As I said in my other post , in general Europeans would not agree with or support the majority of the GOP policy platform but at least previous GOP leaders ( The Bush's , Reagan) behaved like adults and treated people , countries and organisations with some modicum of respect & decorum so people could move on and have grown up conversations about Trade or Foreign policy etc.

Because it's factually correct?

Set aside the policy stuff - We can agree to disagree on the merits of his and the GOP policies.

Can you seriously defend Trump the man??  He is an appalling human being, there is nothing to recommend him as a person whatsover.

I think it's time to have a beer for breakfast … we actually agree on something.

Now to get serious … I do not think he's an "appalling human being".  I listen to his speeches and this billionaire is speaking to common people.  And he speaks off the cuff.  Yes, there is the teleprompter just like the other person had but unlike that guy, I'm certain that it contains points/issues to talk about vice reading a script.  And it is funny as hell when he "acts Presidential".  Trouble is that characterization only lasts about 10 seconds.  Yeah … here come the smarmy comments from all the haters … don't worry, I'll ignore them.  But it is that very human side that is what attracts and holds his supporters.  He's been criticized for not having press conferences.  Yep.  Can you imagine what a circus it would be for Acosta or Cooper to interview him?  The old 'when did you stop beating your wife' lines are all that there would be.  He has been interviewed multiple times by multiple reporters and there have been plenty of hardballs.

Take a look at the current omarrosa garbage.  Totally and completely pleased serving the POTUS til she got fired for being difficult to work with … a charge that goes all the way back to bubba Bill.  So, a direct questions for you … have you listened to one of his speeches? … Have you seen the magnetic feeling of the crowd? … Have you seen the quantity of folks coming … even standing in the heat and cold to get in?  You dislike what folks have said, ie, islamophobic, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, blah, blah, blah.  Granted there have been comments that I don't like … but what are his actions?  Who's for DACA and now who's against it?  The anti-moslem travel ban against all those moslems in NOKO and Venezuela.  Yes, I do support the POTUS.  Will I say that I always will … no … At one time I thought the Kenyan was well spoken … til I saw the teleprompters.

What you referred to about font size and color is something I have no control over.  If you to a copy of information in a post to paste into a response you are giving it automatically changes font size.  I have no idea where the color bit comes from.  Sorry that made you upset … I am not to blame.

Strange.
    I've never seen it happen when quoting any other poster on this site, except Donald Trump supporters.

Some form of Trump Formatting Syndrome I'm thinking.

Referring to folk as moslem?

Referring to Obama as "the kenyan"?

I'm out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nox banned for three weeks.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I think it's time to have a beer for breakfast … we actually agree on something.

Now to get serious … I do not think he's an "appalling human being".  I listen to his speeches and this billionaire is speaking to common people.  And he speaks off the cuff.  Yes, there is the teleprompter just like the other person had but unlike that guy, I'm certain that it contains points/issues to talk about vice reading a script.  And it is funny as hell when he "acts Presidential".  Trouble is that characterization only lasts about 10 seconds.  Yeah … here come the smarmy comments from all the haters … don't worry, I'll ignore them.  But it is that very human side that is what attracts and holds his supporters.  He's been criticized for not having press conferences.  Yep.  Can you imagine what a circus it would be for Acosta or Cooper to interview him?  The old 'when did you stop beating your wife' lines are all that there would be.  He has been interviewed multiple times by multiple reporters and there have been plenty of hardballs.

Take a look at the current omarrosa garbage.  Totally and completely pleased serving the POTUS til she got fired for being difficult to work with … a charge that goes all the way back to bubba Bill.  So, a direct questions for you … have you listened to one of his speeches? … Have you seen the magnetic feeling of the crowd? … Have you seen the quantity of folks coming … even standing in the heat and cold to get in?  You dislike what folks have said, ie, islamophobic, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, blah, blah, blah.  Granted there have been comments that I don't like … but what are his actions?  Who's for DACA and now who's against it?  The anti-moslem travel ban against all those moslems in NOKO and Venezuela.  Yes, I do support the POTUS.  Will I say that I always will … no … At one time I thought the Kenyan was well spoken … til I saw the teleprompters.

Yes.. I have struggled through a few of them and I fail utterly to understand the attraction.

What I see is a flim-flam artist of absolutely no substance whatsoever, rambling verbal diarrhea and using meaningless buzz-words. He is a very low quality Carnival barker.

I truly do not understand how or why anyone with even a modicum of intelligence could be taken in by his schtick.. It is the worst kind of cheap back street car salesman tripe.

And - I've always thought that, I despise "reality TV" with a passion but I had the misfortune to catch snippets of the Apprentice and even then I looked at him and thought "Dear God , how is this guy popular , he's a self-important moron!"

Manafort's trial expected to hear closing arguments today from both sides.

Any predictions?

Plea deal?

Pardon?

Acquittal?

80 years?

I'm going for the last one. I think the jury will find him guilty on all charges and the sentence will be hefty.

Doubt there will be a pardon.

Doubt there will be a deal.

everlast75 wrote: »
    A tape will emerge, and Sanders will say "black people say it all the time, so why can't white people - that's discrimination!"

And here we go.

The base starts with the "black people say it too.. why can't we" and then it goes from there to Fox next I reckon.. all to soften the blow if/when the tape lands..

https://twitter.com/joelpollak/status/1029737561697075201

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

everlast75 wrote: »
    And here we go.

The base starts with the "black people say it too.. why can't we" and then it goes from there to Fox next I reckon.. all to soften the blow if/when the tape lands..

https://twitter.com/joelpollak/status/1029737561697075201

Unsurprising from senior editor at Breitbart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Yep. And the Europeans so loved Obama that they gave him the Peace prize when he did nothing … and save you breath on blaming the Norwegians … all of Europe fawned over him.

Now Europe hates the current POTUS … let us talk about NATO. Yes, Ireland is not in NATO, but we are talking about the rest of Europe. Don't even begin to tell me that you guys didn't rest easier under our umbrella. Yeah, there is a European defense force … but who provides the air support?

You guy's loved the constant apology tour and now that's over. Sabout time.

"All there is for everyone else is a cripplingly incompetent , boorish misogynistic racist who may also be guilty of significant crimes." You say that CNN isn't popular … this tripe is on CNN 24/7.

I'm going to let you in on a secret, here in Ireland few people will have ever seen CNN. At most it's an odd clip here or there.

There's more to the world than America and we have our own news.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement