Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Special Counsel can persue any lines of illegal activity he comes across in his investigation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

But... her emails, right?

That's just a cop out and everyone knows it, including you. It had nothing to with her emails, but why they did it. She signed a waiver when she entered office to publicly disclose all donations to her foundation and they never did that. There wasn't an inch of scrutiny and the FBI and justice department already knew the outcome before they began the investigation. Strzok and others texts confirm this. I'm done with replying now - there's a huge double standard at play here. Her aides got immunity immediately, meanwhile Manafort is being banged up for things he did 20 years ago.

https://apnews.com/82df550e1ec646098b434f7d5771f625

"More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-foundation-idUSKBN12Z2SL

"The Clinton Foundation has confirmed it accepted a $1 million gift from Qatar while Hillary Clinton was U.S. secretary of state without informing the State Department, even though she had promised to let the agency review new or significantly increased support from foreign governments."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

2 Scoops wrote: »
    I do but not when equal justice isn't applied to both sides.

Are you suggesting that "the other side" wasnt investigated? I honestly thought they were. For a long period of time. And that the charges turned out to be a load of rubbish, unsubstantiated by months of investigations and hearings.

On the other hand, similar investigations into Trump are starting to bear a bumper crop of fruit. This is a slow encircling of Trump, starting with his closest associates, continuing to his family, before working into the man himself.

Be patient, and all will be revealed. Trump will die in prison, make no mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The Clinton campaign and surrogates did the same thing with Ukrainian officials digging up dirt on Manafort and others.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

The only thing I care about is whether or not there was some sort of agreement in place between Russian officials and the Trump campaign whereas they agreed to hack and subsequently release emails in exchange for favors if he made office, or if it's true Putin has some kind of dirt on Trump and is blackmailing him. Those would both amount to conspiracies or treason and I'd be absolutely fine as would imo every Republican senator in condemning Trump and anyone who was associated with it.

If there was sufficient evidence of collusion by Clinton, then with hasn't the republican lead intelligence services, senate and house launched multiple investigations? Or was there just no evidence at all found?

And I'm glad you're for equal justice for both parties. That being so, if it was sufficient for Clinton to be impeached because he lied about having sex with an intern, why isn't it sufficient for trump tho be impeached for being an unindicted co-conspirator in relation to two counts of campaign finance violation?

Are you suggesting that "the other side" wasnt investigated?

Yes.

VypcP02.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Yes.

They have a majority in the House and Senate, two years to open an investigation into it... But if I recall correctly, they concluded there was nothing to investigate. Catch up!

Yes.

Then you are deluding yourself, and I can offer you no further help.

Trump, however, will need to live in the real world, and in the real world Justice has a nasty habit of catching up with you.

everlast75 wrote: »
    If there was sufficient evidence of collusion by Clinton, then with hasn't the republican lead intelligence services, senate and house launched multiple investigations? Or was there just no evidence at all found?

The power lies with the FBI and Justice department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Then you are deluding yourself, and I can offer you no further help.

Trump, however, will need to live in the real world, and in the real world Justice has a nasty habit of catching up with you.

I am cynical on that. Impeachment is complex, and as long as he has Republican support he will be difficult to remove. The collusion is the key pivot point - Am grimly confident he and his team of lawyers can teflon their way out of just about anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The power lies with the FBI and Justice department.

As i said, lead by republicans.

So is your argument the "deep state" is to blame?

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    As i said, lead by republicans.

So is your argument the "deep state" is to blame?

The FBI is lead by Republicans is it?

I looked at all of Strzok's and Pages text's and to me it's obvious there was never any inclination to seriously go after Clinton or her aides but there was a huge willingness to go after Trump and no rationally or fair minded person would conclude differently.

There's been 25 people either fired or demoted from the Justice department and FBI since this mess began.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The FBI is lead by Republicans is it?

I looked at all of Strzok's and Pages text's and to me it's obvious there was never any inclination to seriously go after Clinton or her aides but there was a huge willingness to go after Trump and no rationally or fair minded person would conclude differently.

There's been 25 people either fired or demoted from the Justice department and FBI since this mess began.

The defense is always "but Clinton"

I've yet to come across a valid post in here arguing Trump's innocence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Trump has entered distraction mode and I'm genuinely concerned about the video, I would be astounded if this doesn't end up spiking attacks on Mexicans... This video has nothing to do with concern over a murder.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1032393212126613504?s=19

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The defense is always "but Clinton"

I've yet to come across a valid post in here arguing Trump's innocence.

Try to understand if the tables were flipped.

I'm not arguing Trump isn't shady or that he or his aides committed crimes prior to office. This whole embargo started because of supposed Russian collusion and I want to see proof of it, not some Taxi cab scam Cohen did during the noughties.

If they don't prove collusion and try to impeach him there will be complete uproar because people on the other political spectrum believe equal justice isn't being applied, and to a large degree in my mind they are 100% correct.

If they do prove it I'll be the first to say I was wrong and not one single Republican senator will defend Trump, those serious charges he's been accused of for over two years now amount to treason.

Time will tell one way or the other.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I am cynical on that. Impeachment is complex, and as long as he has Republican support he will be difficult to remove. The collusion is the key pivot point - Am grimly confident he and his team of lawyers can teflon their way out of just about anything else

No, 'collusion' will not be the rock Trump founders upon: that's only the 'probable cause' to get the investigation underway. Trump will be impeached and convicted for financial crimes, electoral irregularities and tax evasion.

Trump SoHo will be a bigger millstone than any 'collusion'.

Trump will be impeached and convicted for financial crimes and tax evasion.

Prepare for hell so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

batgoat wrote: »
    Trump has entered distraction mode and I'm genuinely concerned about the video, I would be astounded if this doesn't end up spiking attacks on Mexicans... This video has nothing to do with concern over a murder.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1032393212126613504?s=19

There's on average 47 people per day murdered in the US, and they never get a mention. This fits the anti immigrant rhetoric to a tee though, and the propaganda drum is getting a good beating by Trump. Of course the followers will lap it up and get whipped into a frenzy.

And he just doesn't get the irony of actually saying that "Mollie Tibbetts has been permanently separated from her family". There's still how many? 500? or so children who they can't find their parents after separating them? The absolute gall of the man.

There's on average 47 people per day murdered in the US, and they never get a mention.

Ironically in Democrat controlled inner cities. Doing the black community proud now for decades.

Prepare for hell so.

With 4 separate investigations underway, Hell is being prepared as we speak. ;)

Just telling you the mindset of those people man. Mark my words, it won't be pretty.

• Advertisement

Just telling you the mindset of those people man. Mark my words, it won't be pretty.

I'm sure they will go down kicking and screaming. But the important thing is that they *will* go down. 5 Trump associates are already convicted felons. By November we should see that number up to 8. The circle just needs to get tighter after that.

It certainly wont be pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Where's the Russian collusion?

Lets be honest, if collusion was proven tomorrow would you actually care? Instead we'll be hearing how he did what he had to to protect America from Clinton.

Lets be honest, if collusion was proven tomorrow would you actually care?

I genuinely would. You're free to believe otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Try to understand if the tables were flipped.

I'm not arguing Trump isn't shady or that he or his aides committed crimes prior to office. This whole embargo started because of supposed Russian collusion and I want to see proof of it, not some Taxi cab scam Cohen did during the noughties.

If they don't prove collusion and try to impeach him there will be complete uproar because people on the other political spectrum believe equal justice isn't being applied, and to a large degree in my mind they are 100% correct.

Trump and the republicans are in control of the DOJ and the entire government. If it's so obvious that Hillary and whoever committed crimes why do you think an investigation isn't being opened? I read this everywhere and when you look at whats actually happening I just can't understand how this makes sense in peoples heads? I mean why hasn’t Trump, through his hand selected AG Sessions, or his hand selected Deputy AG Rosenstien, or his hand picked director of the FBI Wray done anything about it?

Seriously, it’s an honest question.

Gowdy investigates her for nearly 3 years, and it didn’t lead to even one charge.

Trump promised his supporters he would lock her up, he is in complete control now. Why hasn’t he?
    If they do prove it I'll be the first to say I was wrong and not one single Republican senator will defend Trump, those serious charges he's been accused of for over two years now amount to treason.

Time will tell one way or the other.

I guess it will. But I just can't understand this viewpoint. If other crimes are uncovered in the course of the russia collusion investigation do you think they should be ignored?? If so then why? The mandate is as follows according to wikipedia:
    The ongoing Special Counsel investigation is a United States law enforcement and counterintelligence investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, including an investigation of any possible links and/or coordination between Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government, "and any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation.

This is the way all major investigations work.

I genuinely would. You're free to believe otherwise.

Why? You're fine with him surrounding himself by people who find themselves in court and then you support him through his lies. What difference would it make if he colluded?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

That is an indication of those people. I see no reason to not get rid of an obviously corrupt president because some want him to stay.

What they do in response is on them and I can only hope the appropriate services stop anything getting too ugly.

Remember Mueller was appointed by someone hand picked by Trump. You would think some would cop that the guy who said he would shake up politics and clean the swamp has managed to pick a lot of people who do illegal stuff to join him. Certainly not all of it to do with Russia but there is no argument that it happened.

Why? You're fine with him surrounding himself by people who find themselves in court and then you support him through his lies. What difference would it make if he colluded?

And you're fine with assuming that if the same level of scrutiny was applied to others in positions of power crimes wouldn't be found. The only reason these people are getting arrested is because they're associated with Trump.

And you're fine with assuming that if the same level of scrutiny was applied to others in positions of power crimes wouldn't be found. The only reason these people are getting arrested is because they're associated with Trump.

So much for draining the swamp. Funny how they never found anything on Clinton then.

You never answered why collusion with Russia is so special to make you leave the church.

Hilarity ensues.

You can just say you don't care about the whole collusion thing. It's not like lying about it is going to make people think less of you or anyone would be surprised about it. There are even t shirts.

• Advertisement

You can just say you don't care about the whole collusion thing. It's not like lying about it is going to make people think less of you or anyone would be surprised about it. There are even t shirts.

I care about the truth, you and the rest care about partisan bullshít and nailing Trump no matter what.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement