Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Water John wrote: »
    That is treachery by Trump:

“If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor,” adding that Americans would see economic “numbers that you wouldn’t believe in reverse”. In characteristic ebullient style, he also doubted it will happen.

It is also a desperate attempt to not be impeached so I can only conclude that there are good grounds and he knows its coming.

Nothng he blarts amazes me, but ffs he's now threatening America. Every time you think the US has hit a new low, it digs down deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

That is treachery by Trump:

“If I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash. I think everybody would be very poor,” adding that Americans would see economic “numbers that you wouldn’t believe in reverse”. In characteristic ebullient style, he also doubted it will happen.

It is also a desperate attempt to not be impeached so I can only conclude that there are good grounds and he knows its coming.

If he is impeached quickly while republicans still hold both houses could they clear him and prevent him being removed in the future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

If he is impeached quickly while republicans still hold both houses could they clear him and prevent him being removed in the future?

Captain devious?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

That won't happen before midterms. The main other action before midterms is Manafort's second trial. They may also go for the other 10 charges, seeing as how close they were, with only one juror holding out.

amandstu wrote: »
    Captain devious?:eek:

When you look at the tactics the GOP are using to take the midterms it wouldn't be beyond them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Igotadose wrote: »
    Nothng he blarts amazes me, but ffs he's now threatening America. Every time you think the US has hit a new low, it digs down deeper.

It's like that scene from The Dead Zone, but instead grabbing a baby to protect himself from danger, he's somehow trying to grab the US economy.

It's an interesting strategy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

When you look at the tactics the GOP are using to take the midterms it wouldn't be beyond them.

They could take the midterms

Polls are showing only 28% of young Americans are committed to vote in them, whilst 76% of seniors are

Despite sentiment in the country, the GOP has always been able to rely on foot-fall on polling day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I wish people would stop talking about impeachment, even if it is warranted it's not going to happen. The GOP don't want it, the Dems arguably don't want it either.

Trump will ride this one out as always but hopefully enough damage has been done to ensure a good result for the DEMs in November. Having said that if the GOP hold both the House and Senate I would not be at all surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    They could take the midterms

Polls are showing only 28% of young Americans are committed to vote in them, whilst 76% of seniors are

Despite sentiment in the country, the GOP has always been able to rely on foot-fall on polling day

I would think it's worth considering that fair few from older generations are horrified at way things are going. Eg My uncle initially thought that checks and balances would keep him in check, the way things have gone are terrifying and he'll most definitely be out voting dems. Would be a bit of a failure of democracy if much of the apathetic in 2016 don't come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

As things stand the GOP are very likely to lose the House not the Senate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Not sure what he is babbling about here.

Surprised is knows loads of "flippers"

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/1032574670112006144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I wonder what the Time cover will be post November elections...

https://twitter.com/andrewnathanson/status/1032613539247267840

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

As things stand the GOP are very likely to lose the House not the Senate.

Yep I'm hoping the momentum in next few months picks up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I wish people would stop talking about impeachment, even if it is warranted it's not going to happen. The GOP don't want it, the Dems arguably don't want it either.

Trump will ride this one out as always but hopefully enough damage has been done to ensure a good result for the DEMs in November. Having said that if the GOP hold both the House and Senate I would not be at all surprised.

Yeah even if the Dems win the house great and they impeach it then goes to the senate where they will need 60 votes and they are no where near this. What the Dems are worried about is that he get the votes in the Senate and the impeachment fails.

This is what happened to Clinton! what happened after this? Clinton got a massive bounce and he got voted in again for a second term. The Dems are in a sticky wicket they might just let this one ride out until 2020 and let the GOP implode with their support of Trump. No doubt there is goin gto be scandal after scandal the conspiracy (IM giving up on the word collusion ;))with Russia will become fully into the open and all his and Trump family shady dealings come to light.

Let the GOP impeach him and get rid of him...he their f**king problem

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Yeah even if the Dems win the house great and they impeach it then goes to the senate where they will need 60 votes and they are no where near this. What the Dems are worried about is that he get the votes in the Senate and the impeachment fails.

This is what happened to Clinton! what happened after this? Clinton got a massive bounce and he got voted in again for a second term. The Dems are in a sticky wicket they might just let this one ride out until 2020 and let the GOP implode with their support of Trump. No doubt there is goin gto be scandal after scandal the conspiracy (IM giving up on the word collusion ;))with Russia will become fully into the open and all his and Trump family shady dealings come to light.

The other thing about it is Trump would probably be easier to deal with than the current VP if the dems control the houses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

This is what happened to Clinton! what happened after this? Clinton got a massive bounce and he got voted in again for a second term

Clinton was impeached in December '98, during his second term.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Been away for the last 10 days. Did i miss anything?

Just kidding. Vanity fair is reporting that David Pecker of the national enquirer has turned on Trump. I'm not too familiar with VF but i gather that they're legit when it comes to politics.

Anyway, it contains this nugget...
    One source close to Cohen told me Cohen wants to tell Mueller that Trump discussed the release of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s e-mails during the weekend when the Access Hollywood "grab ’em by the pussy” tape dominated the news cycle

If Trump knew about the the emails in advance, would that not be a bit collusiony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Clinton was in his second term when he was impeached.

Been away for the last 10 days. Did i miss anything?

Just kidding. Vanity fair is reporting that David Pecker of the national enquirer has turned on Trump. I'm not too familiar with VF but i gather that they're legit when it comes to politics.

Anyway, it contains this nugget...

If Trump knew about the the emails in advance, would that not be a bit collusiony?

Well Trump isn't the sharpest crayon in the box let's be fair. He said there would be a announcement on a Friday about the Clinton emails. His son has a meeting with a Russian lawyer and shortly after trump asks Russia to find the '30,000 emails" (Was the number of emails known at that point or not ?) and the Russia probe has evidence that the GRU attempted to hack the server the same day.

The other thing about it is Trump would probably be easier to deal with than the current VP if the dems control the houses.

Yeah that's the point I don't see being made. It's all well and good saying to get rid of trump but we need to remember that under the amendment brought in in 1967 to firm up the line of succession, pence would be become president. Pence is a whole other operator and not one who would make the mistakes trump makes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

National Enquirer boss David Peaker granted immunity......I wonder what he is giving up ?

Fox News saying that Muller can't get trump legally so they are resorting to this

Its all starting to get very Goodfellas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ0j5yGz7Bs

National Enquirer boss David Peaker granted immunity......I wonder what he is giving up ?

I'd say he is singing like a canary. Trump is seeing his whole lack of loyalty to others coming back to bite him. People aren't going to risk their futures for him.

He has apparently told prosecutors that Trump knew about the payment to Karen McDougal

He has apparently told prosecutors that Trump knew about the payment to Karen McDougal

I mean is this really a surprise ? No not to me it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I mean is this really a surprise ? No not to me it isn't.

Is Trumps argument that he paid out of his pocket sufficient to avoid the campaign finance rules?

Beyond that, if he used that defence does that open up his personal bank accounts as being available for review/investigation if he has to prove it came from his personal accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Fox News saying that Muller can't get trump legally so they are resorting to this

If by "this" they mean "due process" then we may have found the first accurate, factual statement ever uttered on Fox.

yaaayy! :cool::pac::pac:

Well they are going after him exactly like they go after Mob bosses.....get someone to flip/turn rat....is that due process ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭serfboard

In relation to Pecker, here's something from his Wikipedia entry:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    As of April 2018, Pecker and AMI were under investigation for using so-called "catch and kill" payments in which AMI purchased the exclusive rights to stories that might have been damaging to Trump's 2016 campaign for President but then failed to publish them. Such a tactic might have represented illegal and/or undeclared "in-kind" campaign donations under Federal Election Commission rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement