Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

New York AG is going after Trump Foundation.
    While DT might be able to get away with it, the Trump children will not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=V6E7sAUFAvg

Rather long, but worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I watched that this morning... it is long... but a solid case/solid evidence....they are going at trump from so many angles.....is the goal to get a family member to flip ? that would be difficult for Trump and/or Fox News to dismiss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

With Pecker flipping this collaborates Cohen. Trump badmouthing Cohen no longer works. He is finding the reality of the Law is the reality that counts.
    Sessions also, having a big push back at him. Elected GOP conservatives are very happy with Sessions. Sessions won't resign, will Trump fire him. It really is all kicking off.

it is kicking off.... but.... trump just rides the wave of chaos like a pro surfer...you kinda gotta respect that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Water John wrote: »
    With Pecker flipping this collaborates Cohen. Trump badmouthing Cohen no longer works. He is finding the reality of the Law is the reality that counts.
    Sessions also, having a big push back at him. Elected GOP conservatives are very happy with Sessions. Sessions won't resign, will Trump fire him. It really is all kicking off.

Lindsey Graham, one-time Trump adversary now water-carrier, thinks Sessions'll be gone after the midterms, they've got Trump under control until then.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-23/graham-says-he-expects-trump-to-oust-sessions-after-elections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Water John wrote: »

I'l never understand why there is so much hatred from Trump towards Sessions . One of the problems for Trump is in the early days he had no choice but to surround himself with grifters with little loyalty and who are no proving to be a serious hindrance for him as various investigations come for them.

Sessions is not a grifter, he is a competent republican with a solid base who believes in a lot of Trumpism, but Trump oddly seems to treat like trash.

This and the other grifters who have been in his employment is proof at least he really has terrible judgement when it comes to character.
    Igotadose wrote: »
    Lindsey Graham, one-time Trump adversary now water-carrier, thinks Sessions'll be gone after the midterms, they've got Trump under control until then.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-23/graham-says-he-expects-trump-to-oust-sessions-after-elections

Replaced with who? An establishment republican who Mitch likes but probably thinks Trumpism is a load of bollocks? Its just so strange this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

"NEW YORK (AP) — Media outlets are reporting that federal prosecutors have granted immunity to the executive in charge of the National Enquirer amid an investigation into hush-money payments made on behalf of President Donald Trump."

https://apnews.com/143be3c52d4746af8546ca6772754407

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

The talk about the hold out in the Manafort jury is worrying. Let's say you're a trump fan on a jury. The temptation to hold out on everything must be overwhelming. Imagine the kudos. Get onto Fox and you'd be Secretary of State by 6 o'clock the following morning.

Also it's perverse to reject completely the evidence of a witness whose evidence is consistent merely because of a plea deal or immunity. By all means it might go to the weight of the evidence if contested but a bright line rejection is wrong (as well damaging for Mullers policy of working up the ladder) .

There's going to be trouble ahead. When the rule of law is compromised like this there's nowhere to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The talk about the hold out in the Manafort jury is worrying. Let's say you're a trump fan on a jury. The temptation to hold out on everything must be overwhelming. Imagine the kudos. Get onto Fox and you'd be Secretary of State by 6 o'clock the following morning.

Also it's perverse to reject completely the evidence of a witness whose evidence is consistent merely because of a plea deal or immunity. By all means it might go to the weight of the evidence if contested but a bright line rejection is wrong (as well damaging for Mullers policy of working up the ladder) .

There's going to be trouble ahead. When the rule of law is compromised like this there's nowhere to go.

There was a hardcore Trump fan on the jury who was on Fox the other day and said she initially hoped he wasn't guilty, but despite loving Trump she could not ignore the evidence and voted him guilty on all counts.

Summarised below.
    https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/1032488195680813056

Credit to the lady indeed.

Rjd, it simply that Sessions recused himself on Mueller. Mueller is Trump's biggest problem and he knows it.
    If they go after Trump Inc, they'll tear it the false edifice to the ground including his family. He'll rue the day his ego let him run for POTUS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Rjd2 wrote: »
    There was a hardcore Trump fan on the jury who was on Fox the other day and said she initially hoped he wasn't guilty, but despite loving Trump she could not ignore the evidence and voted him guilty on all counts.

Summarised below.
    https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench/status/1032488195680813056

Credit to the lady indeed.

Credit indeed, but doesn't that put her in the minority when it comes to trump's base. That's the concern. That case was a slam dunk. There's more than 1 trumpster for every 11 normal person out there...

Well if they had not agreed on any of the charges, it's likely the judge would accept an 11:1 or 10:2 verdict IWT. Though this judge was a bit odd.
    This weeds out a rogue juror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,820 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

National Enquirer boss David Peaker granted immunity......I wonder what he is giving up ?

More so the why. Is he in trouble about buying the rights to publish a story, then [deciding] not to publish it? Would doing a side-deal with anyone not to release the story be illegal or illicit?

Well they are going after him exactly like they go after Mob bosses.....get someone to flip/turn rat....is that due process ?

If the judicial system, as in the US, allows it, then it's by due process of law.

Pecker has put the newspaper at risk. By using, catch and kill on a story, they cannot claim freedom of speech under the first amendment as it had a nefarious purpose. The newspaper was not acting in a reputable manner. as to its purpose. This thing is coming at Trump, from all angles. The pressure will grow and grow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This is a video of the CBS evening news from March 1st, 1974 which is being compared to what happened with Manafort and Cohen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭relax carry on

My favourite Trump line from his Fox and Friends interview.

"I don't know how you can impeach somebody who's done a great job."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/politics/donald-trump-fox-news/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Personally I think the most interesting tweet of the last few days was the below:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1032454567152246785

Donald suddenly wants to help Africa, now that he has found some white Africans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Why's my dog scratching at my door? Maybe he heard something too high-pitched for my ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That tweet was instantly leaped upon and discredited with facts by South African politicians and media outlets.

• Advertisement

I realise that my earlier video and this video are not directly about Trump but there are glimpses of what we are kind of seeing now from the past. Now we are no way near impeachment bar the president mentioning the word today. The video below is the only time an impeachment was shown live to the world. The previous one obviously could not be.

Also the first video also has some striking similarities to what we saw this week in the terms used.

Im defiantly geting a rake of cans in if there is an impeachment....potential champagne too... day off work material...

I heard that Don had an issue again with the Fed over the dollar-rate on Tuesday and am wondering if this was on his mind when he tweeted that the economy would crash if he was impeached.

Clinton impeachment seems so quaint compared to stuff Trump has been up to.....

aloyisious wrote: »
    I heard that Don had an issue again with the Fed over the dollar-rate on Tuesday and am wondering if this was on his mind when he tweeted that the economy would crash if he was impeached.

I might be that but I doubt it personally. I think it's just another way to distract from what is coming down the tracks for his family(namely three of four adult kids) with the AG of New York. He can't stop those or help them because they are state issues not federal. But let's be honest Trump would probably throw his kids under the bus to save himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Im defiantly geting a rake of cans in if there is an impeachment....potential champagne too... day off work material...

I suppose getting drunk would be one way of getting to grips with President Pence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He has actually been pretty quiet on Twitter. Certainly in the past such stories would have brought him out all guns blazing but I reckon he just can't think of a way out, at least yet.

Its really been a catastrophic couple of days and Cohen has really put him in deep dodo.

Even the Fox News interview, he was almost pleading with the interviewer. As was said on CNN, the fact that POTUS is talking about impeachment is extraordinary. Even more so given the GOP controls both houses

The implied threat of impeachment being played up by Trump and GOP to get the vote out in the midterms to prevent the House from flipping.
    Sorry Trump said that word should be banned.

Pence serves out the remaining two years after Trump is impeached....then beats Clinton in 2020...serves his full two terms .......Welcome to 10 years of President Pence....bet the house on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Clinton won't be selected as the democratic candidate for 2020

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement