Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭circadian

Roger Stone aide Andrew Miller has been granted immunity by the feds https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/08/24/roger-stone-aide-andrew-miller-resisting-robert-mueller-pkg-murray-vpx.cnn

This is starting to really speed up. It appears they could be going hard after Stone who I would well imagine will sing all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

circadian wrote: »
    Roger Stone aide Andrew Miller has been granted immunity by the feds https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/08/24/roger-stone-aide-andrew-miller-resisting-robert-mueller-pkg-murray-vpx.cnn

This is starting to really speed up. It appears they could be going hard after Stone who I would well imagine will sing all day long.

The fact that Stone hasn't been indicted yet in spite of everything thats out there makes me think Mueller has a bag full of grenades he's just waiting to throw. As is regularly pointed out, Mueller is at least 6 months ahead of everyone else here. Remember when Manafort was indicted and suddenly the Papadopoulos charges came out of nowhere? I wouldnt be surprised in the least if Don Jr and Kushner find themselves under indictment shortly. Its inconceivable that, with the comprehensive job they did on Manafort, that Muellers team wouldn't go after those two. Because he's been off the radar for over a year, its also easy to forget Flynn has been cooperating with Mueller from the beginning and hes the one who knows everything about Russian back-channnels and transition activities.

I think the news about Allen Weisselberg is actually a bigger concern for Trump. Tim O'Brien who was sued by Trump (Trump lost) has maintained forever that if Weisselberg was ever pulled into an investigation and forced to open the books, the whole Trump enterprise would be in serious legal jeopardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,923 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

aloyisious wrote: »
    An indicator that Don is close to the end will be the day he tweets about his VP in a bad way. So far there's been no open hint of disfavour between them but I'm wondering what MP might do if Don decides to or does fire Jeff Sessions. Will MP stand by Don or will he side with the GOP if it say's that the firing is a step too far.

He kinda already threw Pence under the bus. A decent reporter, when hearing DJT that the economy would tank if got impeached, would have said "so you think VP is not capable to take over and steady the ship? I mean, that's what a VP should be able to do. That's his purpose"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Pence keeps pretty quiet amongst all the mayhem.

Probably a decent shout he'll end up stepping in as number 1 before this four year cycle is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Just a reminder that besides being lazy, dumb, compromised and a pig, Trump's also a nutter:
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-in-oval-office-meets-promoter-of-qanon-conspiracy-theory-that-says-democrats-run-pedophile-cult

Optics? What optics -Obama once wore a brown suit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It was mentioned on CNN yesterday that Trump has previously said that if Murller and his team went after the Trump organisation that it would be a red line crossed.
    So the question is has the red line being crossed for Trump and if so, what will Trump do?
    Alan Weissenberg was one of the three people along with two of his children who were put in charge of his company when Trump took over the presidency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,923 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

RobertKK wrote: »
    It was mentioned on CNN yesterday that Trump has previously said that if Murller and his team went after the Trump organisation that it would be a red line crossed.
    So the question is has the red line being crossed for Trump and if so, what will Trump do?
    Alan Weissenberg was one of the three people along with two of his children who were put in charge of his company when Trump took over the presidency.

Technically, it's not Mueller, its the SDNY ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

circadian wrote: »

Isnt it the opposite? Miller is fighting them tooth and nail apparently ( for now, anyway....)

edit: I think that story went out last night was proved to be false and pulled from most sites. Oddly, msn.com are still claiming it, but the linked article has been pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Three tweets in a row about Hillary's emails citing Fox News as his source and threatening to involve himself. It's pretty sad at this stage.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1033339636343549952
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1033341088579440640
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1033341788491317255

And in further scandal, National Enquirer is releasing folks from their agreements of silence.
    A former Trump World Tower doorman who says he has knowledge of an alleged affair President Donald Trump had with an ex-housekeeper, which resulted in a child, is now able to talk about a contract he entered with American Media Inc. that had prohibited him from discussing the matter with anyone, according to his attorney.

On Friday, Marc Held -- the attorney for Dino Sajudin, the former doorman -- said his client had been released from his contract with AMI, the parent company of the National Enquirer, "recently" after back-and-forth discussions with AMI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If it was a fictional Netflix series you'd have gotten bored with how ridiculous it was and switched off by now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Rambling on about Kanye West and not even taking the time to mention the dying John McCain at his latest rally pretty much sums him up as a person. Hopefully he's in jail soon, it'd be great to be rid of his stupidity and ignorance.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Rambling on about Kanye West and not even taking the time to mention the dying John McCain at his latest rally pretty much sums him up as a person. Hopefully he's in jail soon, it'd be great to be rid of his stupidity and ignorance.

Is there anything he could have said about McCain that would not have drawn criticism though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Is there anything he could have said about McCain that would not have drawn criticism though?

Could've simply sent his thoughts and prayers to the McCain family, without going into anything else.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Could've simply sent his thoughts and prayers to the McCain family, without going into anything else.

And that would have come across as extremely disingenuous in light of comments he has made before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Trump wrote:
    I may have to get involved.....

Ah, not to worry Donald. You will be centre stage in a short while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It's not that hard to be classy and dignified when a well known foe is dying. Like how hard is it to say "We didn't see eye to eye on most issues but my thoughts are with his family at this difficult time?" Well for Trump it's obviously very hard, because it doesn't mention himself or big himself up. His speechwriter probably wrote something along those lines but nobody tells Donnie what to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

675000 e-mails from Hillary apparently ... poor women must have serious RSI at this stage ... no wonder she looked unstable ... she was exhausted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I said on Thursday night in this thread that three US presidents were assassinated. I was incorrect it's four. I left out James Garfield(a very short lived president) so it was Lincoln in 1865 in fords theatre, Garfield in 1881 in a railway station in Washington D.C, McKinley in 1901 in an event in New York , and Kennedy in Dallas in 1963.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

weisses wrote: »
    675000 e-mails from Hillary apparently ... poor women must have serious RSI at this stage ... no wonder she looked unstable ... she was exhausted

In fairness 670,000 of them were from Paddy Cosgrave about the websummit.

It's not that hard to be classy and dignified when a well known foe is dying. Like how hard is it to say "We didn't see eye to eye on most issues but my thoughts are with his family at this difficult time?" Well for Trump it's obviously very hard, because it doesn't mention himself or big himself up. His speechwriter probably wrote something along those lines but nobody tells Donnie what to say!

If it was a simple political foe yeah. But Trump has shown complete disdain and disrespect towards him and made their relationship personal. Making up lies and insulting him personally. Making fun of him being captured and tortured in Vietnam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Bill Gates did not have a smooth relationship with Steve Jobs. But when Jobs was ill, Gates went and visited him, a bit of class.

If it was a simple political foe yeah. But Trump has shown complete disdain and disrespect towards him and made their relationship personal. Making up lies and insulting him personally. Making fun of him being captured and tortured in Vietnam.

Trump is the same with all his political foes. Crooked Hilary, Lyin' Ted. Nothing is off limits for Trump, he's openly racist, mocks the disabled, and always goes for the jugular. I believe this presidency actually only happened because of Trumps deep personal hatred for Obama. But there's lines you should never cross, and insulting the dying or the dead is crossing that line. By ignoring - by virtue of not acknowledging McCains demise - really shows him up for loathsome individual he is. I really cant believe his advisors didn't have some form of reference in his speech but in true selfish style he chose to ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The crowd might have booed at the mention of McCain's name. We some how classy some of these people are. A generous tweet would do.

Water John wrote: »
    The crowd might have booed at the mention of McCain's name. We some how classy some of these people are. A generous tweet would do.

But it wasn't a rally for his base, it was the Ohio Republican Party state dinner. You would imagine fellow party members would have some decorum about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I said on Thursday night in this thread that three US presidents were assassinated. I was incorrect it's four. I left out James Garfield(a very short lived president) so it was Lincoln in 1865 in fords theatre, Garfield in 1881 in a railway station in Washington D.C, McKinley in 1901 in an event in New York , and Kennedy in Dallas in 1963.

I think this episode of history may prove that it wasn't the 'deep state' who killed Kennedy.

I mean if they were supposed to have killed Kennedy for having been weak on Russia, they surely would have had Trump expire in the rough on the 17th at Mar a Lago by now.

Someone said earlier they hope it's over soon and he's in jail.

I really hope it's not too soon.
    It's a heluva ride.

And I'm not worried that he could press the big red button as a final attempt at distraction - I'm quite sure by now the red button has been removed and replaced -
    a) with a bigger one at Trump's request
    and
    b) with a Fisher Price 'My First Nuclear Strike Button' on the orders of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Watching the Trump episode of Dirty Money on Netflix.

Great series but DJTs is a special one.

I loved that episode. There is also a four part documentary called Trump: An American Dream on Netflix which is very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

mmm... 675,000 does seem like a lot....
    the Cuomo Kellyanne Conway is very intense...... she is both passive aggressive... and regular aggressive.....she doesn't let up....doesnt get emotional.. all these lies with a straight face... never answering a question... always deflecting... with faux outrage..im feeling dizzy just watching it.... Cuomo does very well in fairness to him...I would be screaming and banging the table during the interview

Conway does get a bit rattled actually... starts playing the gender card......body language is very stressed... betrays her facial expressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgXIEUd2wUM

A must watch !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

....body language is very stressed... betrays her facial expressions

A must watch !!!!!

Will watch later, but a propos of; I love watching Sarah Huckabee's press conferences.

The microexpressions on her face are worth a thesis by themselves.

• Advertisement

Sanders is playing checkers....Kelly Ann is playing 4 dimensional chess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement