Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Sanders is playing checkers....Kelly Ann is playing 4 dimensional chess

Unfortunately for her, her husband is over her shoulder miming the 4D chess moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I can't watch Conway for more than about 5 minutes or so in a single sitting, I had to turn that video off before it got half way through. The lies & deflection are so natural to her, she really comes across as a despicable human being.

I'd feel like I had to scrub my skin raw after spending any time in her company

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Sanders is playing checkers....Kelly Ann is playing 4 dimensional chess

I'm sorry, but that's pigeon chess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

I hope Trump does get involved, this should be investigated. Trump though has his own problems to deal with they are real. If Trump stopped lying about what he does himself he be better for it. He spends so much of his live swindling he thinks its normal behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Conway does get a bit rattled actually... starts playing the gender card......body language is very stressed... betrays her facial expressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgXIEUd2wUM

A must watch !!!!!

It is all just deflection...what about CNN? what about the democrats? what about the economy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Did Fox show the really bad ones that Don was on about or was it more of the fake news leaks from him and Fox? I can't imagine Fox leaking Hillary's email contents itself, if it had them, to let Don know how bad they really are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

A right-wing conspiracy theorist and QAnon-believer appeared to visit President Donald Trump in the Oval Office on Thursday, according to a picture posted on his Twitter account.

Michael Lebron, known as Lionel in his online accounts, is a YouTube and social media personality who makes appearances on Russia Today as a political and legal analyst. He is described as "an avowed conspiracy analyst" on his website and cites the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks as a "watershed moment" in his life that led to delving into conspiracies.
    According to a photo posted on his Twitter account Friday, Lionel met with Trump in the Oval Office. Other photos posted on Lionel's Twitter account show him going through the White House on a tour Thursday.#

CNN losing it's mind over this love it. I have to listen to him to see if he is a Q supporter.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/25/politics/donald-trump-qanon-white-house/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

John McCain is dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

Three tweets in a row about Hillary's emails citing Fox News as his source and threatening to involve himself. It's pretty sad at this stage.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1033339636343549952
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1033341088579440640
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1033341788491317255
    He's talking about 675,000 HC emails. How long would it take you to write that many emails?

Assuming a bare 3 minutes to write and send per mail, that amounts to writing for nearly 4 years, non-stop, night and day.

Idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

Anthracite wrote: »
    He's talking about 675,000 HC emails. How long would it take you to write that many emails?

Assuming a bare 3 minutes to write and send per mail, that amounts to writing for nearly 4 years, non-stop, night and day.

Idiocy.

Could it include emails she received? A lot could be amazon daily deals or pizza place coupons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,226 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

John McCain for all his faults(and he admitted he wasn't perfect) at least showed some class at important moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Bit of a drunken meander here. Just thinking that it might not be in the Democrats best interest to start pushing for impeachment for Trump even if they do get control of one of the houses. Should they let the GOP take the lead in any impeachment proceedings that may happen or let Trump limp on til the next Presidential election, when presumably the economy will have started to slide due to Trump's mismanagement and the electorate will not be so forgiving of his other peccadilloes when his economic illiteracy is hitting them in the pocket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,639 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Obama is and Bush to deliver eulogy at McCains funeral. Reports that Trump isn't welcome.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mccain-doesn-t-want-trump-funeral-friends-tell-white-house-n871641

Nope, he's not.
    Last summer, Trump blasted McCain for his "no" vote that helped doom a key Obamacare repeal bill in the Senate.

One thinks that if Trump did not make everything adversarial, personal and ultimately bitter, he could achieve a lot more, but it seems to please this oaf to push everything through against everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,923 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump was not welcome at Barbara Bush's wedding, and I understand is not welcome at McCain's.
    What kind of piece of **** do you have to be to be the current President for just 17 months and already not welcome at two funerals?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,806 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

And even with a tweet of "sympathy" he still someone manages to be a bit an a**hole to a dead guy by throwing in an exclamation mark.

It really is amazing how debased the office of President has become in such a short time.

RIP Senator McCain. A man with class and dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

And even with a tweet of "sympathy" he still someone manages to be a bit an a**hole to a dead guy by throwing in an exclamation mark.

It really is amazing how debased the office of President has become in such a short time.

RIP Senator McCain. A man with class and dignity.

Trump's Instagram picture tribute to McCain shows identical wording to twitter alongside picture of himself.
    Says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭swampgas

Call me Al wrote: »
    Trump's Instagram picture tribute to McCain shows identical wording to twitter alongside picture of himself.
    Says it all really.

I guess when you're more humble than most people can comprehend, this is what it looks like.

swampgas wrote: »
    I guess when you're more humble than most people can comprehend, this is what it looks like.

Very 'umble? Trump is Uriah Heep?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭swampgas

Very 'umble? Trump is Uriah Heep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Could it include emails she received? A lot could be amazon daily deals or pizza place coupons.

Personally I think the republicans are going to do a whataboutism with HRC about foreign influence as they discovered an email to her from a Nigerian prince claiming that he'd $4,000,000 in a bank account and that he needed her bank account details so that he could lodge it

duploelabs wrote: »
    Personally I think the republicans are going to do a whataboutism with HRC about foreign influence as they discovered an email to her from a Nigerian prince claiming that he'd $4,000,000 in a bank account and that he needed her bank account details so that he could lodge it

Difference is, Trump would've answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

duploelabs wrote: »
    The difference between Trump and Clinton is that Trump would still be waiting for his millions to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,555 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very sad to see John McCain pass away. He was a man of stature, conviction and always stood up for what he thought was right from defending Obama to saying "no" to repealing Obama care.

The Republican party could use more John McCains in their party to save it from Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Didn’t agree with McCain’s politics but he was a decent man which is more than anyone can say about the current occupier of the White House

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,622 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A colossus has fallen. RIP. I have always said I would have no problem with a good President either Rep or Dem, man or woman white or coloured. John MCain would have been a good President.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For all the common decency McCain showed - and he had it in abundance - I find it hard not to look critically at his decision to pick Sarah Palin as running mate as a watershed moment; one that has ultimately led to this ... normalisation of what I can only call prideful ignorance in politics. Her attitude and behaviour seems positively quant in comparison with descendants such as Trump, but to me her presence on the 2008 ticket made that brand of dangerous, Christian conservatism mainstream in the public eye, the seed that has led to where the GOP and broader landscape exists ten years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

pixelburp wrote: »
    For all the common decency McCain showed - and he had it in abundance - I find it hard not to look critically at his decision to pick Sarah Palin as running mate as a watershed moment; one that has ultimately led to this ... normalisation of what I can only call prideful ignorance in politics. Her attitude and behaviour seems positively quant in comparison with descendants such as Trump, but to me her presence on the 2008 ticket made that brand of dangerous, Christian conservatism mainstream in the public eye, the seed that has led to where the GOP and broader landscape exists ten years later.

Easier said than done. There's a sizable chunk of the US population that are off their trolly and genuinely believe in things like the Rapture. It's not a lunatic fringe that can be ignored but a solid 20% or so of fanatics, and they turn up at the polls.

I suppose he could've withdrawn as a candidate...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh absolutely there's a sizeable portion of the electorate that genuinely believe in the Rapture, the wealth bible, all that fun stuff; but in choosing Palin as running mate, McCain effectively propelled what still amounted to a niche, fringe demographic into the mainstream. It suddenly had a national platform, and its adherents would have felt emboldened by this increased exposure.

Not to mention the choice validated the potential of an anti-establishment, aggressively under-educated political candidate. My all accounts Palin is a moron, and had no business being on any presidential ticket. Yet she gave voice to this fringe demographic, allowed it to increase its already disproportionate influence on the American political landscape. Fast forward 10 years and we have Christian conservatism dictating a minority view on majority interests (medicare, abortion rights, all polls point to support of these, yet a corrupted GOP is intent on killing them)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement