Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,923 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

amandstu wrote: »
    Ideas ,anyone?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/08/28/politics/lindsey-graham-jeff-sessions-trump/index.html

"The South Carolina Republican appeared to suggest that there's another reason Trump has been criticizing Sessions other than not ending Mueller's investigation.
    "It's much deeper than that," Graham told NBC News.
    "We won't say on this show, but it's a pretty deep breach," he said, without elaborating"

Graham is compromised. That is the only plausible reason for his complete 180 degree turnaround.

That may be very "tinfoil hat" of me.

The only "Deep breach" is that he recused himself and Trump now cannot control the Russia investigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭amandstu

So Graham is just spoofing ? There is nothing else of any importance between Trump and Sessions apart from the Mueller recusal.?

well that is what Everlast is saying.....

amandstu wrote: »
    So Graham is just spoofing ? There is nothing else of any importance between Trump and Sessions apart from the Mueller recusal.?

There could very well be. But as far as I am concerned, history has taught me that once you can isolate the earliest slight against Trump, you can be guaranteed that he never ever forgets it or forgives it.

Sessions was the 3rd politician to endorse Trump. The first two have lost their seats. The fallout is just continuing.

And one other thing to bare in mind... Sessions was the first Senator to endorse him. He has carried out Trump's every wish re Immigration and ICE. His reward? Public belittling and taunts. It just goes to show, loyalty with Trump only flows one way

I try mostly to allow his tweets to wash over me, in a zen kinda way.

But once in a while, something he says will push my buttons and I string a rake of curses together.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035122954697433088

The irony of calling other people liars, and the danger in his "enemy of the people" rhetoric.

Some big story must be coming.

everlast75 wrote: »
    There could very well be. But as far as I am concerned, history has taught me that once you can isolate the earliest slight against Trump, you can be guaranteed that he never ever forgets it or forgives it.

Sessions was the 3rd politician to endorse Trump. The first two have lost their seats. The fallout is just continuing.

And one other thing to bare in mind... Sessions was the first Senator to endorse him. He has carried out Trump's every wish re Immigration and ICE. His reward? Public belittling and taunts. It just goes to show, loyalty with Trump only flows one way
    So ,if there is something it must be something petty (since only Graham apparently knows what it is)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

But once in a while, something he says will push my buttons and I string a rake of curses together.

The irony of calling other people liars, and the danger in his "enemy of the people" rhetoric.

Sounds like there's another book in the works. He rarely mentions them. If ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Panrich

He's certainly targetting CNN in the past few days with even more vitriol than usual. He has been straight out of the blocks in his first few tweets this morning. He seems totally obsessed with his coverage. I really hope you're right and there's big news coming out.

In the meantime, I prefer to read his tweets through Gollum J Trumps prism.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Sounds like there's another book in the works. He rarely mentions them. If ever.

Hmm.. could be.

This one is soon to be released. Perhaps he got a pre-release? (audiobook copy obviously)

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/30/politics/woodward-new-book-trump/index.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh, there's a new tell-all coming out; fantastic, guess when you run for political office it's harder to quash all those biographies about ones 'leadership'. Though any schadenfreude that comes from a new release is tempered by how they're an obvious sideshow to the real issues. Issues like ... ...

Turns out the death toll in Porto Rico after Hurricane Maria was a little off: the governor changed the figure from 64 to 2,975 . Holy sh*t. Yet despite that awful, sobering realisation, the next day Trump still declared they did a "fantastic job", even though the island still lacking a lot of basic utilities and services. The below article's video is pretty scathing, reminding of that callous moment of Trump tossing paper towels to a crowd.

He's also claiming the electric plant in PR was closed before the hurricane hit; of course it's complete bullsh*t. I'm surprised after Maria there hasn't been a louder call for Porto Rico's independence 'cos it's clear enough the mainland doesn't care.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-us-fantastic-job-puerto-rico-maria-57483308

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

From this saga http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/404293-cnn-fires-back-at-trump-cnn-does-not-lie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

No calls for an investigation into the Republicans and China yet?

2 scoops mentioned they believed it but seem happy enough for it to lay there and not get investigated.

Of course he has painted himself as being out of power quite well. He claims he can't do anything about locking up kids in cages. He gives out about the lack of certain investigations when he could set them up. He does a great job convincing people that there is so much he can't do in spite of all his power.

He s has been convinced or has figured that setting these up would be a bad idea (as they would find nothing) but still goes on about Hillary and Obama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh, there's a new tell-all coming out; fantastic, guess when you run for political office it's harder to quash all those biographies about ones 'leadership'. Though any schadenfreude that comes from a new release is tempered by how they're an obvious sideshow to the real issues. Issues like ... ...

Turns out the death toll in Porto Rico after Hurricane Maria was a little off: the governor changed the figure from 64 to 2,975 . Holy sh*t. Yet despite that awful, sobering realisation, the next day Trump still declared they did a "fantastic job", even though the island still lacking a lot of basic utilities and services. The below article's video is pretty scathing, reminding of that callous moment of Trump tossing paper towels to a crowd.

He's also claiming the electric plant in PR was closed before the hurricane hit; of course it's complete bullsh*t. I'm surprised after Maria there hasn't been a louder call for Porto Rico's independence 'cos it's clear enough the mainland doesn't care.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-us-fantastic-job-puerto-rico-maria-57483308

And give up US citizenship and the right to move to anywhere in the rest of the country? I can't see people voting for that notwithstanding the failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Presidential obstruction of justice: The case of Donald J. Trump

First report was published 10 months ago when they thought Trump had a considerable case to answer. Since then we've had..well... where do you start?

First paragraph and summary definately worth a read. Full report can be downloaded there also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And give up US citizenship and the right to move to anywhere in the rest of the country? I can't see people voting for that notwithstanding the failures.

True enough, but Maria has demonstrated an almost criminal negligence from Washington towards its own citizens. I believe the Bush Administration was criticised after Katrina, but that must surely pale in comparison with Maria - yet I feel were this balls up in Texas or Florida more noise would be made.

And whatever else could be said of Bush Jr., he is a human being with a modicum of compassion; listening to Trumps defensive snark about doing a 'fantastic job' and he doesn't mention anything about the massively increased death toll; nope, it's all about the money PR owes, and brazen lies about the electric plant being 'dead'. It's pretty psychopathic. Sometimes my fascination towards this bizarre, ludicrous turn in American politics boils over to outright hatred for the man. Thousands of his citizens dead and he's waffling about debts - as if the people of PR should be thankful to get scraps of FEMA help. F*ck this man and anyone who supports him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

He is going for it on twitter this morning, 9 tweets so far and looks like more to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Those thousands of people who died had stupidly not moved to the "rest of the country" though.

So if we assume that most people living in Puerto Rico actually want to live there, then the real question is whether an independent government would do better at handling day to day life in PR.

Cos "Sure your life's sh1t, and several of your family have died, but hey you can still move to Florida" is not a very enticing argument for people who want to make a life in Puerto Rico IMO.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

I'm sorry - I must have missed this.

Is he claiming now that he didn't say he fired Comey because of Russia? Is he saying the tape is edited?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035120511259500544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,378 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You can unpick Watergate now in retrospect and work through it step by step and it makes sense - even though it is quite a byzantine investigation and series of events that eventually led to Nixon's resignation. Imagine being there in the middle of it all though? Smoke everywhere, lots of it and eventual fires too but it took a couple of years to reach the definitive point where the whole conspiracy and cover up became clear.

That's where we are now I reckon. No doubt Mueller and his team have a very clear focus and path, but it's a fairly muddled picture for us as onlookers at this stage. This is only headed one way though, and it's merely a matter of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035159956507566080

Did he just say he fired Jeff Sessions...............

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

No, he is saying that he decided not to fire them, as in nobody tells him what to do.

In his earlier tweets he has stated that McGahn was pushed out, but it was his (Trump's) decision!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

ECO_Mental wrote: »

No, he said McGahn is not the reason he didn't fire him.

Because gossip was that McGahn refused to let him fire Mueller and Sessions, and Trump hates the idea that people might believe anyone can stop him from doing whatever he likes.

ECO_Mental wrote: »

"A little double negative there..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

No, he said McGahn is not the reason he didn't fire him.

Because gossip was that McGahn refused to let him fire Mueller and Sessions, and Trump hates the idea that people might believe anyone can stop him from doing whatever he likes.

As I said yesterday my head is melted from him :o:o, he has broken me I don't know what is day or night. But that's his intention I suppose I didn't even spot Mueller name in the tweet.

Embarrassing

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

He can't have been getting much sleep these last few nights if his twitter is anything to go by. A lot of those tweets have been at crazy hours.

I know it's practically a meme at this stage to suggest that something big is coming when his twitter goes crazy but this feels crazier than usual. I know, I know, he's always tweeting crazy nonsense and there are always big stories coming out. I may just be reading too much into it.

I see one of Trumps big supporters Judge Jeanine is claiming McGahn was the big leaker in the White House

It didnt take long to try and discredit him

kilns wrote: »
    I see one of Trumps big supporters Judge Jeanine is claiming McGahn was the big leaker in the White House

She's just bitter she wasn't nominated for SCOTUS*

*half funny half serious

She's just bitter she wasn't nominated for SCOTUS*

*half funny half serious
    She definitely touted for it, in a way I am surprised he hasnt brought her in but perhaps she is more powerful from the outside with her loud voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,698 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Hasn't everyone that has left been the big leaker in the WH?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Hasn't everyone that has left been the big leaker in the WH?

Yes. That White House leaks like a sieve. It's full of bottom of the barrel staff who have no loyalty to anyone except themselves. Everyone's trying to cover their own arses. Nobody trusts each other and everyone's leaking about each other.

• Advertisement

Does a president calling for the head of a news organization to be fired come into any category of unfairness for office area?

Anything specific?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement