Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

amandstu wrote: »
    Does a president calling for the head of a news organization to be fired come into any category of unfairness for office area?

Anything specific?

Does anyone care any more what he says? It's a daily sh1tstorm of stuff he shouldn't be saying. I'm beyond caring, it's like trying to figure out what a wombat is saying.

What is happening behind the scenes while the media fixates on his childish antics? Watch what he does, not what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Freedom of the press in guaranteed in the first amendment to the US constitution, but this doesn't seem like a breach of press freedoms and more like a spoiled infant throwing a tantrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

What is this big story by CNN that has made Trump ballistic? He has spouted so much crap on Twitter today. He seems even more agitated than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

What is this big story by CNN that has made Trump ballistic? He has spouted so much crap on Twitter today. He seems even more agitated than usual.

Maybe it was the 'we don't lie Mr. President' editorial they posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭BabyCheeses

everlast75 wrote: »
    I try mostly to allow his tweets to wash over me, in a zen kinda way.

But once in a while, something he says will push my buttons and I string a rake of curses together.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035122954697433088

The irony of calling other people liars, and the danger in his "enemy of the people" rhetoric.

Some big story must be coming.

And in a total coincidence.

Wonder where he got the idea to threaten the enemies of the people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

everlast75 wrote: »
    I try mostly to allow his tweets to wash over me, in a zen kinda way.
    [...]

The irony of calling other people liars, and the danger in his "enemy of the people" rhetoric.

Some big story must be coming.

I think we need a Father Ted meme for this:

"Is it books now Father, that are the enemy of the people?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I presume this twitter storm is timed to coincide with the memorial service for McCain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He cancelled all pay rises for federal employees saying the country's budget can't support it
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/30/politics/trump-cancels-federal-employee-pay-raises/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

One of today's tweets
    "I just cannot state strongly enough how totally dishonest much of the Media is. Truth doesn’t matter to them, they only have their hatred & agenda. This includes fake books, which come out about me all the time, always anonymous sources, and are pure fiction. Enemy of the People!"

I know this is a low-brow smokescreen, but when you stop and actually take this in for a second, this is from a man who lies constantly, the hypocrisy and lack of principles is staggering

It doesn't matter whether someone is left or right, the man is a reprehensible figure on all levels. How anyone here can support him or defend him is really beyond belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Bernstein's book is out soon.

Sloppy
    @carlbernstein
    , a man who lives in the past and thinks like a degenerate fool, making up story after story, is being laughed at all over the country! Fake News

I can't wait to read it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    As I said yesterday my head is melted from him :o:o, he has broken me I don't know what is day or night. But that's his intention I suppose I didn't even spot Mueller name in the tweet.

Embarrassing

Maybe Im not going crazy after all...:rolleyes: the WaPo picked up on this tweet as well and though it was a bit suspect saying that did he just admit that he tried to fire Sessions and Mueller?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/08/30/did-trump-just-admit-that-he-tried-fire-mueller-sessions/?utm_term=.a0e04e30643f

Ah who cares its only Thursday! its a nothing burger, just the president of America saying he tried to do a bit of obstruction of justice a while back. Just another normal day in this freak show.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    One of today's tweets

I know this is a low-brow smokescreen, but when you stop and actually take this in for a second, this is from a man who lies constantly, the hypocrisy and lack of principles is staggering

It doesn't matter whether someone is left or right, the man is a reprehensible figure on all levels. How anyone here can support him or defend him is really beyond belief.

He's only talking about books because Bob Woodward has one due to be released about his administration next month : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1501175513/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well spotted.
    Bernstein is a heavy hitter. His views and work still carries a lot of weight and Trump knows it. Bernstein is also a regular CNN contributor, so that is getting a swipe too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

He's only talking about books because Bob Woodward has one due to be released about his administration next month : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1501175513/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Wow.

Woodward.

And Bernstein.

Edti: Apologies.
    Fake news.

It was Woodward's book I had read about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Like the 46A bus route. One bus never arrives on its own. No wonder he's in foul humour. Though I thought he didn't read much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Hurrache wrote: »
    He cancelled all pay rises for federal employees saying the country's budget can't support it
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/30/politics/trump-cancels-federal-employee-pay-raises/index.html

But 1.5 trillion on tax breaks and the military industrial complex is just fine.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,470 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

They cant afford a modest pay increase for federal employees, but can afford a 'space force' and massive tax cuts for billionaires.

He's doing this right before the mid terms. it's hilarious. If the democrats cant take advantage of this then they're absolutely hopeless

Akrasia wrote: »
    If the democrats cant take advantage of this then they're absolutely hopeless

Or the only people who actually mobilise to vote are a majority of religious/rightwing types who don't care who is president as it isn't a "filthy" Dem. At the end of the day it comes down to foot-fall at the polling booths.

That said, propaganda and disinfo is potent stuff, in the run-up and during 2016 it was unbridled and unfettered. It should be somwwhat reigned in this time - which is one positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Akrasia wrote: »

They cant afford a modest pay increase for federal employees, but can afford a 'space force' and massive tax cuts for billionaires.

He's doing this right before the mid terms. it's hilarious. If the democrats cant take advantage of this then they're absolutely hopeless
    This seems like an effective pay cut. The pay rise was not massive and inflation is a thing.

As for someone's comments about Trump not reading... It depends on how many times his name is mentioned really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

This a few days after asking troops to be patriotic and turn down a payrise, got a resounding silence the turning to the general present and asking "don't they understand the joke?". I guess their silence said they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,606 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

And I saw a tweet elsewhere in answer to that stating that aroind 30% of Federal employees are veterans, so another kick in the teeth for those people that Trump claims to love

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And yet were we to believe the parachutists who dropped into this thread, the economy was galloping at full speed under Trump. Now he's claiming economic instability - but still has room for a Space Force in the budget. Which is it? Oh and all this is just in time for Labour Day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

Packed rally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yes, that is quite the achievement alright... Everyone is very impressed.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Packed rally

..live speech by Trump..

To paraphrase; "America is great, we are great, we are strong, Americans are strong, and great fighters, this wonderful country, we are the best, god is the best, we love god, we love America"

Jesus chris .. can you imagine if May or Macron or Merkel stood up and spoke like this, the world would be shocked, they'd be absolutely skewered by the press and opponents

I'm still not used to it, it's so surreal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

It's politics for people with the intellectual capacity of a 5 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Packed rally

What do you think of his continued failure to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate China's effect on the 2016 election.

I mean what else did they do and he should get proof before going after them.

Seriously, some said that others would get hammered for what he says and they are right. But similarly I would take an accusation of stealing seriously from most people but not a toddler. Countries, including China, have learned to ignore his crazy ramblings and had figured he would not remember this accusation the next day. Just like that speech really. No one in the white house was going to follow up as they know it is a lie.

In other news Trump supporters in London are flying a blimp of Khan in protest of the Trump balloon. Supposedly in the name of free speech. I think they thought Khan would block it and they could accuse him of hypocrisy. Instead Khan laughed it off (can you imagine Trump doing that).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Packed rally

What exactly is the point of posting a nearly 8 hour clip to demonstrate a point that he filled a venue? Why not just a few screenshots? And why are you even making that point? Has anyone argued he doesn't get a lot of people at his rallies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭swampgas

Packed rally

Do you wish you were there?

Genuine question ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No more dumping links or videos please 2Scoops.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement