Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knife Legality In Home

Options
  • 25-07-2018 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

This probably isn't the right topic but I couldn't find any others that suited it. What are the laws on owning a knife in your home? Not having a due reason to own one, but not carrying it around or anything. I see a lot of threads saying that you can't carry one unless hunting or fishing or having a reason to carry but none about having it in your home. It's a standard pretty big hunting knife.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,197 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

What are you hunting in your home? Large mice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

You can keep knives in your home, after all your kitchen is full of them.
    Samurai swords and machete type knives are illegal as far as i know, obviously you can buy replicas in some shops but im not sure of the law around those.
    Obviously carrying any of this in public is a big no no, besides fishing obviously.

Advertisement