Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America the great

• 25-07-2018 7:08am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭

George Junius Stinney Jr. (October 21, 1929 – June 16, 1944), was an African-American wrongfully convicted of murder in 1944 in his home town of Alcolu, South Carolina. He is one of the youngest persons in the United States in the 20th-century to be sentenced to death and to be executed, being 14 years old at the time of his execution.

Stinney was convicted in less than 10 minutes, during a one-day trial, by an all-white jur of the first-degree murder of two white girls: 11-year-old Betty June Binnicker and 7-year-old Mary Emma Thames. After being arrested, Stinney was said to have confessed to the crime. There was no written record of his confession apart from notes provided by an investigating deputy,[5] and no transcript was recorded of the brief trial. He was denied appeal and executed by electric chair.

It was so civilized at the time and still is. I'll post more cases of innocent people getting executed then pardoned many years after their dead. This wasn't a one off incident, they executed thousands. Directly supported by the government so you cannot blame mobs. **** America and their ****ty system.
    Did you know that united states has the highest rate of incarnation of ANY country in the world? Including North Korea and China. I would eliminate the scum that passed the order and the ones that executed the child for no reason with pleasure. You can say this is old but it is still happening. The state of Texas still executes teenagers and then pardons them after they are executed. Land of the free where you are guilty until proven innocent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is far from news.

Please spare us and don't paste more examples straight from Wiki.

We executed innocent people here too. It's an obvious side affect of capital punishment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭Pretzeluck

This is far from news.

We executed innocent people here too. It's an obvious side affect of capital punishment.

Wikipedia is very useful for gathering large pieces of information, it also includes references.
    Do you agree with the saying
    It is acceptable price to pay to execute 99 criminals and 1 innocent.
    I'm just raising awareness as to how ****ed up the world is. Many people aren't aware of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Will you get up out of that seat and let Rosa Parks sit down....Good man

Pretzeluck wrote: »
    Wikipedia is very useful for gathering large pieces of information, it also includes references.
    I'm just raising awareness as to how ****ed up the world is. Many people aren't aware of this.

No, I don't agree with the death penalty, full stop.

You have a downer on the world. Fine. But ranting about population sizes, animal welfare, and 74 year old miscarriages of justice the other side of the Atlantic won't cure anything. Go out and work for social justice and awareness. Go out and make the world nearest you less messed up. Start with small steps in the real world.

But who in their right mind agrees that an innocent death is acceptable? Who doesn't know that dreadful mistakes happen? Apart from a few whackjobs, nobody.

No, I don't agree with the death penalty, full stop.

You have a downer on the world. Fine. But ranting about population sizes, animal welfare, and 74 year old miscarriages of justice the other side of the Atlantic won't cure anything. Go out and work for social justice and awareness. Go out and make the world nearest you less messed up. Start with small steps in the real world.

But who in their right mind agrees that an innocent death is acceptable? Who doesn't know that dreadful mistakes happen? Apart from a few whackjobs, nobody.

Americans still do. Majority of Americans support the death penalty even though they know that innocents get killed too.

• Advertisement

Americans still do. Majority of Americans support the death penalty even though they know that innocents get killed too.

And you care about humanity so much, yet won't even do the decent thing and give a pregnant woman a seat on a bus? You're full of contradictions. But that comes from looking for things to be angry and rant about. If it all annoys you so much, what are you going to do about it besides copy and past to a "Social & Fun" forum?

And you care about humanity so much, yet won't even do the decent thing and give a pregnant woman a seat on a bus? You're full of contradictions. But that comes from looking for things to be angry and rant about. If it all annoys you so much, what are you going to do about it besides copy and past to a "Social & Fun" forum?

You hit the nail on the head about finding things to get angry/upset about. I don't know how to stop that. My job is very boring and will be for at least a year so I end up searching for things to get angry about on my phone.

You hit the nail on the head about finding things to get angry/upset about. I don't know how to stop that. My job is very boring and will be for at least a year so I end up searching for things to get angry about on my phone.

It's just as easy to look for things to be happy about; believe it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I'd focus on more positive things in life like stuff that I can control. If all you do is look at the negative stuff in life then you'll just be miserable the whole time. Your are wasting energy getting angry about stuff you have no chance of changing.

It's just as easy to look for things to be happy about; believe it or not.

Yeah just get better, of course.

• Advertisement

Yeah just get better, of course.

Not what I said.

Go talk to some real people about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

This is far from news.

Do you think you're a pioneer advocating for human rights or something?
    Go way with yourself we all know about the messed up world. I'm no fan of America or anything but they are not alone.
    Hundreds of Irish women caught up in a cancer scandal that was covered up and lied about. This year, 2018 not 1944.
    Start a thread on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

George Junius Stinney Jr. (October 21, 1929 – June 16, 1944), was an African-American wrongfully convicted of murder in 1944 in his home town of Alcolu, South Carolina. He is one of the youngest persons in the United States in the 20th-century to be sentenced to death and to be executed, being 14 years old at the time of his execution.

Stinney was convicted in less than 10 minutes, during a one-day trial, by an all-white jur of the first-degree murder of two white girls: 11-year-old Betty June Binnicker and 7-year-old Mary Emma Thames. After being arrested, Stinney was said to have confessed to the crime. There was no written record of his confession apart from notes provided by an investigating deputy,[5] and no transcript was recorded of the brief trial. He was denied appeal and executed by electric chair.

It was so civilized at the time and still is. I'll post more cases of innocent people getting executed then pardoned many years after their dead. This wasn't a one off incident, they executed thousands. Directly supported by the government so you cannot blame mobs. **** America and their ****ty system.
    Did you know that united states has the highest rate of incarnation of ANY country in the world? Including North Korea and China. I would eliminate the scum that passed the order and the ones that executed the child for no reason with pleasure. You can say this is old but it is still happening. The state of Texas still executes teenagers and then pardons them after they are executed. Land of the free where you are guilty until proven innocent.

There are many places in the world even more ****ed up than the USA. But yet it seems to be fashionable to rant and moan about them while keep mouths shut about every other ****hole on the planet.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There are many places in the world even more ****ed up than the USA. But yet it seems to be fashionable to rant and moan about them while keep mouths shut about every other ****hole on the planet.

Somali man doesn't give a **** that his daughter died from FGM but America is screwed up....

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-44918795

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

So you are like a messenger from God or something?

Question: how long did you spend in this dreaded America and where did you go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Search for a new job if your present one is so mundane.

Advertisement