Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hacka27

Starting on the 7th Jan in d’Olier house - assume its suited and booted for first day anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JamPack

Safe enough to go in business casual for the first day I think. So a shirt/jumper, jeans or slacks and good shoes or boots

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Archermit

Hacka27 wrote: »
    Starting on the 7th Jan in d’Olier house - assume its suited and booted for first day anyway?

Well, I would assume I won't be starting on the 14th as it would be leaving it too close to give notice...so who knows. congrats on the start date!

I will go in in a shirt/slacks at least on day one to gauge how others are dressed. It's such a nice central area too, please of options for lunch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Anyone contact re an updated national list or to find regional lists?
    Also anyone else on here have Dundalk, Monaghan or Navan as their preference?

Dariunmes1 wrote: »
    Anyone contact re an updated national list or to find regional lists?
    Also anyone else on here have Dundalk, Monaghan or Navan as their preference?

When you contact them to ask, they tell you to email panelplacings@revenue.ie

I was 13 (down from 22 where I started on the Dublin panel), not sure if they is any point in emailing them again as I imagine it shut down over Christmas.

Just drop them an email asking what how the panels are looking for those areas, tell them where you were in the panel and they should tell you were you are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 annamosullivan

Hello, can I just ask do EO's in the Collector General's office have to do accounting or tax exams? Do they get staff assigned to them to supervise? Have found plenty on previous threads on the Audit and Compliance and ICT sections, and other civil service departments about the work in those places. Thanks in advance for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Hello, can I just ask do EO's in the Collector General's office have to do accounting or tax exams? Do they get staff assigned to them to supervise? Have found plenty on previous threads on the Audit and Compliance and ICT sections, and other civil service departments about the work in those places. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi. I'm in the CGs office. There is no requirement for exams in anything but you are encouraged to do courses. There's great support in there. Most EOs would have staff. There may be a few that don't but that's very rare.

Thanks @audrey2014. How long would a new EO have to get up to speed in the job? I've heard the EO job differs from department to department, and for all I know, I could have a steep learning curve to do the EO job in Revenue. It's probably a very busy office, so hopefully, I should learn the job quickly. Would you need to know a lot about accounts or tax to do the job or do the courses cover what you need to know? I spent 7 years in an accounts payable/cashier role in a previous job so hopefully that should stand to me. Have never supervised anyone though.

Thanks @audrey2014. How long would a new EO have to get up to speed in the job? I've heard the EO job differs from department to department, and for all I know, I could have a steep learning curve to do the EO job in Revenue. It's probably a very busy office, so hopefully, I should learn the job quickly. Would you need to know a lot about accounts or tax to do the job or do the courses cover what you need to know? I spent 7 years in an accounts payable/cashier role in a previous job so hopefully that should stand to me. Have never supervised anyone though.

Takes people a few months to adapt in my section when they start first. It's a lot of numbers work where I am, all collection, but it's easy to get a handle on once you're willing! Are you currently a civil servant. What office are you starting in

• Advertisement

I'm currently a civil servant joining the Limerick branch of the Collector General's office before the end of this month. Would be glad to get a handle on, and get going on the new job for 2019. It's great to hear I don't have to do exams, as I'll probably be kept going learning how to do a new job, and probably having targets to meet as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Were you called for Limerick recently?

I just got a reply from the panel placing people....I was placed 13th on the panel in Dublin but now they are not calling Dublin again until September :/

I am kind of annoyed that they would even have another patch if the only intended on calling 9 people from it :(

Oh well, at least I like my current job

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Hi All,

Would it be safe to think that no more offers will be issued until the summer at this stage?!

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Would it be safe to think that no more offers will be issued until the summer at this stage?!

I would assume so unfortunately. I am sure that the information booklet said they would fill other roles from the pool as required but I wouldn't bank on that.

I would also assume that if we're on the panel now that it will still be valid when if they call more in the summer?

Archermit wrote: »
    I would assume so unfortunately. I am sure that the information booklet said they would fill other roles from the pool as required but I wouldn't bank on that.

I would also assume that if we're on the panel now that it will still be valid when if they call more in the summer?

Panel closes 22nd October. No more courses to fill til Sept.

• Advertisement

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Panel closes 22nd October. No more courses to fill til Sept.

Ok so we have to live in hope our preference area is calling EO’s for September! Thanks

I would presume so. I'm 33 on the overall panel but not feeling confident. There's been too much movement in my preference areas the last 2 years. Unless they offer us something else in tax or compliance in roles that may come up between now and September

@CZ 453 I was on no panel, but am transferring internally from another civil service organisation to Revenue, Limerick. Would keep following up on the panel you're on between now and Sept/oct, and keep applying for vacancies in your area in the meantime. That's what I did when waiting to get a CS job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

Emailed Panel Placings yesterday.

No change since mid November.

Down for Cork only.

shawki wrote: »
    Emailed Panel Placings yesterday.

No change since mid November.

Down for Cork only.

Thanks for that. I'm not going to bother again until March maybe and see if they give regional locations then. Id like to know where I am in my preferred locations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

I emailed panel placing the other day too, she hopes to have regional lists by the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Out of interest, does everyone here have an accounting background.

Just trying to gauge what kind of background they are looking for.

Out of interest, does everyone here have an accounting background.

Just trying to gauge what kind of background they are looking for.

Nope. I'm a serving civil servant with a law background. Have done the text technician and am currently in the process of doing the accounting technician.

Nope. I'm a serving civil servant with a law background. Have done the text technician and am currently in the process of doing the accounting technician.

Thanks. I was thinking of applying for this role next year, but it does seem really difficult to get a job from this panel.

That background is exactly what they'd want I'd imagine. You've just been unlucky in the locations you've picked.

It seems like almost everyone going for these jobs now has at least a 2.1 level 8 degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Merrymac

Just wondering if anyone is in same position as me
    I selected Louth as my first preference on the application form but also put down Dublin .
    I wasn't called to interview in first round ad I was too low on OOM but was interviewed early Dec for extra positions in Dublin, placed first on panel and offered a position to start tmrw 14th Jan. I declined this offer and have now emailed panel placing to be told that I no longer have any panel place at but am eligible to be called to interview again if positions come up this year. Am I right to presume this is v highly unlikely.

Merrymac wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone is in same position as me
    I selected Louth as my first preference on the application form but also put down Dublin .
    I wasn't called to interview in first round ad I was too low on OOM but was interviewed early Dec for extra positions in Dublin, placed first on panel and offered a position to start tmrw 14th Jan. I declined this offer and have now emailed panel placing to be told that I no longer have any panel place at but am eligible to be called to interview again if positions come up this year. Am I right to presume this is v highly unlikely.

Should you not have retained your Louth placing no?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    That background is exactly what they'd want I'd imagine. You've just been unlucky in the locations you've picked.

It seems like almost everyone going for these jobs now has at least a 2.1 level 8 degree.

I've a 2:2 level 8. The locations I picked this year were unfortunately filled recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Merrymac

Should you not have retained your Louth placing no?

I would have thought so but I have emailed panel placing and I am told that as these extra positions interviewed for in Dec were Dublin only and I declined an offer I now don't have a panel place at all Very disapointed

Merrymac wrote: »
    I would have thought so but I have emailed panel placing and I am told that as these extra positions interviewed for in Dec were Dublin only and I declined an offer I now don't have a panel place at all Very disapointed

That's a bloody sickener. Dublin will come by up again in Sept

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »

I've got an Accounting Technicians qualification and it was enough to get me through the panel.

Haha, will make me feel rather under qualified compared to all these degrees when (if?) I finally get placed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JamPack

I got that email too about the December interviews but said no cause I'm holding out hope for a Limerick or Tipp location.

But honestly what did you expect? The email specifically said they were only looking for Dublin positions at that time. "We are now seeking to fill additional positions in Dublin. Please note we currently have no requirement for an additional panel in any other locations other than Dublin." and then went on further to say "Revenue may call candidates for interview for positions in other locations during 2019 so please do not submit an application unless you are willing to accept a position in Dublin".

Ssorry guys but a bit of common sense and actually reading the email you got would have told you that from the outset.

Does anyone know what the starting salary is for this position again , I can’t find my print offs of the job spec etc.
    Thanks

Does anyone know what the starting salary is for this position again , I can’t find my print offs of the job spec etc.
    Thanks

€29,026 €31,019 €32,139 €34,024 €35,714 €37,347 €38,974 €40,568 €42,178 €43,744 €45,358 €46,427 €47,948 (LSI1) €49,465 (LSI2)

Thanks

€29,316

I'm not sure if there are any bonuses or things but that's according to a newest edition of the union mag.

€29,316

I'm not sure if there are any bonuses or things but that's according to a newest edition of the union mag.

Revenue don't do bonuses, but if they did they'd probably be the best in the world 😂 what with all the money we collect 😂

I might email panel placing to see any update on regional locations

Revenue don't do bonuses, but if they did they'd probably be the best in the world �� what with all the money we collect ��

I might email panel placing to see any update on regional locations

with regards to the regional locations. I assume that since I only went for Dublin that I won't get any offers for other locations?

with regards to the regional locations. I assume that since I only went for Dublin that I won't get any offers for other locations?

I doubt it. They'll have to empty batch 1 first for regional locations and then if required, call another batch like they did for Dublin? That's logical to me anyway.

Any chance the announcements of revenue positions today will affect this panel in that it might start moving again?

• Advertisement

Any chance the announcements of revenue positions today will affect this panel in that it might start moving again?

At this point if you're on the panel, I would just sit back, wait and hope. Presuming you're on the same panel as me (Dublin only), what number were you?

At this point if you're on the panel, I would just sit back, wait and hope. Presuming you're on the same panel as me (Dublin only), what number were you?

No I’m on the original national panel, waiting and hoping for a spot in cork.the wait is a killer!

Hi. What announcement? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Unlikely, they are in the trade faciliation unit and all EO will be internally recruited.

Unlikely, they are in the trade faciliation unit and all EO will be internally recruited.

There goes that hope LOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

There goes that hope LOL!

Unfortunately i've lost hope in this campaign already. There may be another intake in april but probably just for Dublin and if i remember correctly the new campaign will be opened again in June.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately i've lost hope in this campaign already. There may be another intake in april but probably just for Dublin and if i remember correctly the new campaign will be opened again in June.

It's extremely unfair. Why they can't exhaust the panels they have is beyond me. Instead of opening new campaigns. It's very disheartening

I’m surprised cork hasn’t taken any in! I think this panel expires in October!

I’m surprised cork hasn’t taken any in! I think this panel expires in October!

Cork may recruit in Sept. Panel expires October 22nd

Does anyone think that Brexit will impact on recruitment?

I’m hearing there is going to be a lot of retirements in the next few years....

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭doc22

Does anyone think that Brexit will impact on recruitment?

I’m hearing there is going to be a lot of retirements in the next few years....

many people hitting the 40 years service or 65 are not retiring now with the new rules

• Advertisement
Advertisement