Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

At this stage I'd be hoping for a clerical/cleaner role for Cork. It's hard to see many if any called in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Archermit

Does anyone think that Brexit will impact on recruitment?

I’m hearing there is going to be a lot of retirements in the next few years....

From what I've heard (not back up by any facts), Revenue and Agriculture are on a big recruitment drive ahead of Brexit but only for Airport and Ports, things like people coming over here illegally to avail of EU laws or imports etc I presume...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Archermit wrote: »
    Does anyone think that Brexit will impact on recruitment?

I’m hearing there is going to be a lot of retirements in the next few years....

From what I've heard (not back up by any facts), Revenue and Agriculture are on a big recruitment drive ahead of Brexit but only for Airport and Ports, things like people coming over here illegally to avail of EU laws or imports etc I presume...

That falls under Immigration (Justice), while revenue (customs) are only concerned with taxes, duties and the illegal importations of goods.

That falls under Immigration (Justice), while revenue (customs) are only concerned with taxes, duties and the illegal importations of goods.

Sorry, you are of course correct. It's early :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Mike foxtrot you seem like you might have the inside track on things!! 😆 is there talks of April recruitment in cork?!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Did anyone contact recruitment for regional panel Placings? I’m on a national panel but the last time I contacted, the reply stated that regional panels would be available at end of January?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Dariunmes1 wrote: »
    Did anyone contact recruitment for regional panel Placings? I’m on a national panel but the last time I contacted, the reply stated that regional panels would be available at end of January?

Give em a shout. They usually come back quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BJG524

Still only national placings when i emailed and the panel hadnt moved one place from when i asked previously in November...

I got my regional placings yesterday. Not that it matters. There'll be little or no movement for my locations I'd say😠

audrey2014 wrote: »
    I got my regional placings yesterday. Not that it matters. There'll be little or no movement for my locations I'd sayðŸ˜

forgive my ignorance with this. But what does this mean, do you get offered a placing outside your chosen locations?

• Advertisement

forgive my ignorance with this. But what does this mean, do you get offered a placing outside your chosen locations?

They'll only offer you a place once they reach your number if there's positions coming up in your chosen locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

Do we all get regional placing or did you have to request it?

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    Do we all get regional placing or did you have to request it?

I requested it. Maybe they'll issue them across the board

We’re any of these locations cork Audrey?

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    We’re any of these locations cork Audrey?

Yes. I'm currently 12 for cork. We won't probably know until the summer if cork etc is being called.

Yes. I'm currently 12 for cork. We won't probably know until the summer if cork etc is being called.

Ah ok , fingers crossed! And we’ll done that’s a great placing! I’ve emailed the panel Placings again hopefully I’ll hear back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bettyblaa

audrey2014 wrote:

Thanks, can you send on the contact details and I request mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

Bettyblaa wrote: »
    Thanks, can you send on the contact details and I request mine

PanelPlacings@revenue.ie

Hi Aine,

With the EO Tax, Audit and Compliance panels, large scale recruitment takes place for January and September.

There may be assignments from time to time between this period, however we would not have any information in relation to these assignments until told by senior management.

For the September recruitment, we hope to start offering assignments in late May/early June.

Please also note that should another EO Tax, Audit and Compliance panel be put in place between now and September, the current panel will take precedence over the new one.

Kind Regards,
    PanelPlacings@Revenue.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Aine,

With the EO Tax, Audit and Compliance panels, large scale recruitment takes place for January and September.

There may be assignments from time to time between this period, however we would not have any information in relation to these assignments until told by senior management.

For the September recruitment, we hope to start offering assignments in late May/early June.

Please also note that should another EO Tax, Audit and Compliance panel be put in place between now and September, the current panel will take precedence over the new one.

Kind Regards,
    PanelPlacings@Revenue.ie

Great post, thanks for that! at least now we have a rough time scale

Great post, thanks for that! at least now we have a rough time scale

Yes thanks for posting. Time to relax now. If they call they'll call me! I'm burnt out from all the competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Loumon07

An email has gone out to people higher on the order of merit inviting them to interview for places in Louth. The email stated that they are now seeking to fill additional places in Louth.

Loumon07 wrote: »
    An email has gone out to people higher on the order of merit inviting them to interview for places in Louth. The email stated that they are now seeking to fill additional places in Louth.

This would tie in with what I heard. Brexit has kicked recruitment off a bit. There may still be an early year call for Cork yet!

Has anyone got regional placings yet or are they just not supplying them?

Thanks

BJG524 wrote: »
    Has anyone got regional placings yet or are they just not supplying them?

Thanks

If you email panelplacings@revenue.ie you will get them

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    This would tie in with what I heard. Brexit has kicked recruitment off a bit. There may still be an early year call for Cork yet!

A call for more candidates from cork to go forward for interview is it ?

A call for more candidates from cork to go forward for interview is it ?

No. A call for a position for those already interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

Good to hear....

Phew, are you hearing it could be sooner than the summer?

Phew, are you hearing it could be sooner than the summer?

It could be. There is a lot of movement internally. AO's should be starting at the end of March. They do the same Diploma course i'm told.

• Advertisement

It could be. There is a lot of movement internally. AO's should be starting at the end of March. They do the same Diploma course i'm told.

Ah ok... let’s hope we get a call in the next two weeks so!!! Fingers n toes crossed!!

Would be awesome to at least get called even if it was months out, to know you're in would be a load off!!

I’m position 7 for Louth and have heard nothing yet ... hopefully soon

Did you email them for your position in Louth? What email? Thanks

Did you email them for your position in Louth? What email? Thanks

Yes I emailed as asked about regional Placings... just the panelplacings@revenue.ie

My positions are ...
    Meath 2
    Monaghan 4
    Louth 7
    So hopefully I get called soon

Yes I emailed as asked about regional Placings... just the panelplacings@revenue.ie

My positions are ...
    Meath 2
    Monaghan 4
    Louth 7
    So hopefully I get called soon

Thanks. You're fairly high there in Louth and Monaghan. That might come in handy if there is border related work. Best of Luck.

There calling more people for interview for louth so no positions will be offered until batch 2 are interviewed. Possibly with them interviewing a 2nd batch this means they have positions available for everybody in the first batch for louth.

Anyone got a screenshot of the exact wording in this email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 Merrymac

Anyone got a screenshot of the exact wording in this email?

I got this email on 13th February

I refer to your application for the EO TAC posts in Revenue We are now seeking to fill additional positions in Louth
    Please note we currently have no requirement for an additional panel in any other locations other than Louth
    You are now invited to the next stage of the competition which will involve completion of a second application form and a competitive competency
    based interview Closing date and time for receipt of Interview Stage Applications is Monday 25th February at 1pm Applications will not be accepted after this time

Following receipt of your completed application form you will be invited to attend for interview It is anticipated that interviews will take place in Dublin in March 2019

PLEASE Note that if you accept an offer of a position in Louth you cannot be considered for a post in a different location for a minimum period of 2 year
    Revenue may call candidates for interview for positions in other locations during 2019 so please do not submit an application unless you are w illing to accept a position in Louth

Merrymac wrote: »
    I got this email on 13th February

I refer to your application for the EO TAC posts in Revenue We are now seeking to fill additional positions in Louth
    Please note we currently have no requirement for an additional panel in any other locations other than Louth
    You are now invited to the next stage of the competition which will involve completion of a second application form and a competitive competency
    based interview Closing date and time for receipt of Interview Stage Applications is Monday 25th February at 1pm Applications will not be accepted after this time

Following receipt of your completed application form you will be invited to attend for interview It is anticipated that interviews will take place in Dublin in March 2019

PLEASE Note that if you accept an offer of a position in Louth you cannot be considered for a post in a different location for a minimum period of 2 year
    Revenue may call candidates for interview for positions in other locations during 2019 so please do not submit an application unless you are w illing to accept a position in Louth

Best of luck with the interview!. I personally found it quite tough, I was asked questions like how would I prepare for an audit...I just rattled off accounting things lol. But I got through so it was obviously enough

• Advertisement

Thanks, I interviewed for extra positions in Dublin in December and got an offer but I declined it
    Really nervous this time as would love to get Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

Thanks, I interviewed for extra positions in Dublin in December and got an offer but I declined it

Best of luck with it. You be fine ;):)

With luck you'll have more or less the same interview, I know different panels seems to approach it differently. but you'll be fine, you know you have done it already!

Hi I’m currently on the 2018 panel for Louth.
    What way does the training work for this? Will I be based in Dublin for the duration of the training - full 2 years and then be transferred to Louth or what way does it work? Am I based in Louth and just travel to Dublin for college? Really confused ...

What way does the training work for this? Will I be based in Dublin for the duration of the training - full 2 years and then be transferred to Louth or what way does it work? Am I based in Louth and just travel to Dublin for college? Really confused ...

Your training will probably be based in say d'olier street in Dublin. That where training branch is. .. it'll be on a college semester basis. When u are on summer holidays e.g. you should be based in your chosen location..... assuming u have to do the audit training of course. You may also be assigned a compliance or customs role seeing as you're based along the border and be based in Dundalk. That competition was audit and compliance

Pretty sure the way it’s working for the group currently doing it in Dundalk is 3 weeks in d’olier street and then one week on the job. Runs from September to April and then finishes up for the summer so based in Dundalk for the full summer. Back at it in September.

Just wondering is anyone else on here interviewing for Louth in March Got an interview date late March which I was surprised about Full months notice Last time interviewed I just got a weeks notice Not complaining just wondering are there many people being interviewed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

shawki wrote: »
    Emailed Panel Placings yesterday.

No change since mid November.

Down for Cork only.

Emailed again, no movement since November

shawki wrote: »
    Emailed again, no movement since November

I think if there isn't a calling in the next month it won't be called until the summer for the September intake.
    I'm holding some hope based on Brexit, retirements and AO courses(same as EO) starting end of March.

• Advertisement

"We are currently awaiting confirmation of the locations for the next large scale recruitment from this panel, which is due to have start dates around the end of August and start of September. These locations are likely to be confirmed at the end of May, with offers going out the start of June."

From my email - sounds like June or nothing now

Advertisement