Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Archermit

BJG524 wrote: »
    "We are currently awaiting confirmation of the locations for the next large scale recruitment from this panel, which is due to have start dates around the end of August and start of September. These locations are likely to be confirmed at the end of May, with offers going out the start of June."

From my email - sounds like June or nothing now

Thanks for sharing that! That matches up with what someone posted recently that they would be letting us know around May/June time. I was 13 in the panel just before they stopped in January, not sure if I moved up any spots by the closing date. But I would think even at 13 I would have a good shot? :D ...hopefully?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

CZ 453 wrote: »
    I think if there isn't a calling in the next month it won't be called until the summer for the September intake.
    I'm holding some hope based on Brexit, retirements and AO courses(same as EO) starting end of March.

Where did you hear there's an audit AO course starting in end March?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Any update on the interviews for Louth ... when will your results be out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Merrymac

Dariunmes1 wrote: »

Being interviewed for Louth last week in March Thought it very odd to get notice so far ahead as only a week before interview for extra Dublin positions Have no idea how many people being interviewed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 keowny8

There was a new Internal Revenue Panel for EO(Outside Dublin) created on March 15th. Has anyone any idea when there will be offers for this panel? How does it work with so many panels in play?

keowny8 wrote: »
    There was a new Internal Revenue Panel for EO(Outside Dublin) created on March 15th. Has anyone any idea when there will be offers for this panel? How does it work with so many panels in play?

Going to assume that this was just EO positions for outside Dublin. The one we are in (most of us anyway) is specifically for the Tax, Audit and Compliance section which would be a separate panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

keowny8 wrote: »

I think I read somewhere on here that it's 1 internal 1 external 1 transfer and repeat when the positions come up. In terms of starting the course I think it's 1 internal to 1 external.

Anyone else interviewing for Louth this week?

Merrymac wrote: »
    Anyone else interviewing for Louth this week?

How did the interview go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

Archermit wrote: »
    Going to assume that this was just EO positions for outside Dublin. The one we are in (most of us anyway) is specifically for the Tax, Audit and Compliance section which would be a separate panel

EO Postions were for Dublin.

Nationwide EO is for Tax Audit and compliance.

Im on the EO open, well i did the online tests wasn't in top 300 so not called for interview if they did indeed interview that many.

Do they even need to call more people to interview? I think this panel last until July only.

When people were getting panel placing for regions selected was that only after passing interview.

I dont expect to here anymore from this at this stage. Now that a new comp has started to be ready for September intakes

How did the interview go?

I found the interview fairly similar to last time mainly the competencies and few questions on Revenue Code of practice etc Had to resit the online tests supervised and made a hash of them Was told at the interview that I would have to pass both the interview and the tests or won't be pannelled at all Not very hopeful Was so nervous that I didn't even ask when I would get results

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

EO Postions were for Dublin.

Nationwide EO is for Tax Audit and compliance.

Im on the EO open, well i did the online tests wasn't in top 300 so not called for interview if they did indeed interview that many.

Do they even need to call more people to interview? I think this panel last until July only.

When people were getting panel placing for regions selected was that only after passing interview.

I dont expect to here anymore from this at this stage. Now that a new comp has started to be ready for September intakes

The panel closes late October

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fran10

I interviewed for Louth on Tuesday. I was notified this morning by email that I was placed 3rd on the panel for Louth. Hopefully I get an offer!

Anybody else hear anything from Revenue Recruitment in relation to the regional panels? It appears they have changed approach this year and are creating specific panels to fill posts in the regions as and when required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi All,

Today, Revenue have advertised for the Executive Officer - Tax, Audit and Compliance in Revenue 2019 Campaign - for Dublin Only

Anyone interested in Dublin should check out the website:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

Closing Date and Time: Thursday 25th April 2019 at 1pm.

I presume the nationwide (excluding Dublin) will open later in the year.

Information Booklet attached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Dublin and Louth seem to be the recruitment hot spots for these positions lately. Not much movement elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

They are making everyone do the supervised test by the looks of it now

Hi All,

Today, Revenue have advertised for the Executive Officer - Tax, Audit and Compliance in Revenue 2019 Campaign - for Dublin Only

Anyone interested in Dublin should check out the website:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/information-about-revenue/careers/career-opportunities.aspx

Closing Date and Time: Thursday 25th April 2019 at 1pm.

I presume the nationwide (excluding Dublin) will open later in the year.

Information Booklet attached

That's good news for those of us on the panel for Dublin form last December. Guessing this is confirmation that there will be another course starting in September and that they expect to use up all of the previous one....
    Now just hope for the phone call :D

That's good news for those of us on the panel for Dublin form last December. Guessing this is confirmation that there will be another course starting in September and that they expect to use up all of the previous one....
    Now just hope for the phone call :D

what about the other regions..........

• Advertisement

eire1987 wrote: »
    what about the other regions..........

As others have said, recruitment seems to be limited to Louth/Dublin at the moment...I guess all you an do is wait and hope spots open unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lagunasecastig

Hi all, has anyone any idea on the criteria for this, I've read the information booklet and it claims an NFQ6 is required in specific areas. Although I don't have an NFQ in these areas directly ie Tax and Economics etc, I have covered these in modules for public management course, would this be sufficient to enable me to qualify to enter the competition? Thanks in advance

Hi all, has anyone any idea on the criteria for this, I've read the information booklet and it claims an NFQ6 is required in specific areas. Although I don't have an NFQ in these areas directly ie Tax and Economics etc, I have covered these in modules for public management course, would this be sufficient to enable me to qualify to enter the competition? Thanks in advance

Might not be want to you want to hear, but I would say go for it!, it's a competency passed interview so if you think you have the skills/knowledge, it would at the very least be experience. You would try contacting them but I am not sure how that would go for you.

I know a girl that went for this in 2018 had a masters in HR and covered sloth of the requirements in modules, but she wasn’t successful at the application stage. Worth filling out the form and they’ll tell you then pretty soon maybe about 2 weeks later.
    Might not be want to you want to hear, but I would say go for it!, it's a competency passed interview so if you think you have the skills/knowledge, it would at the very least be experience. You would try contacting them but I am not sure how that would go for you.

Currently on the EO Tax, Audit and Compliance 2018 panel you are placed:

Louth – 7th
    Meath – 2nd
    Monaghan – 4th

Unfortunately we have no information on upcoming posts from this panel at this time. The next stage of large scale recruitment from this panel is scheduled for start dates around the end of August and start of September. We hope to have these locations confirmed by the end of May, with offers going out the start of June.

However, please note that a second batch of candidates were called for Louth based positions. This is a good inclination that Louth could be location for the September recruitment, however I just cannot confirm this at this time. Please note that should Louth offers be made, your panel would have to be offered before the second batch, as your panel would take precedent.

Hopefully this is of some help for you.

Currently on the EO Tax, Audit and Compliance 2018 panel you are placed:

Louth – 7th
    Meath – 2nd
    Monaghan – 4th

Unfortunately we have no information on upcoming posts from this panel at this time. The next stage of large scale recruitment from this panel is scheduled for start dates around the end of August and start of September. We hope to have these locations confirmed by the end of May, with offers going out the start of June.

However, please note that a second batch of candidates were called for Louth based positions. This is a good inclination that Louth could be location for the September recruitment, however I just cannot confirm this at this time. Please note that should Louth offers be made, your panel would have to be offered before the second batch, as your panel would take precedent.

Hopefully this is of some help for you.

I seen there was another panel offered for Dublin (didn't see Louth but that's good news for you!!), so taking your information and applying it to Dublin, it looks "promising"?
    Guess just have ot wait till end of May to find out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

Wish I could that detailed of an answer for Cork

I know a girl that went for this in 2018 had a masters in HR and covered sloth of the requirements in modules, but she wasn’t successful at the application stage. Worth filling out the form and they’ll tell you then pretty soon maybe about 2 weeks later.
    So the girl didn't find out whether her qualification was sufficient as she didn't get through? Or are you saying she got clearance but was unsuccessful?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Disney2003

Hi , just wondering how anyone who has taken up one of these positions are getting on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 ILIKECOCONUTS

Disney2003 wrote: »
    Hi , just wondering how anyone who has taken up one of these positions are getting on ?

I’m in Dublin started in January, getting on well currently doing our first set of exams after semester one. A LOT of information and learning in it. Still in practical training, we are all being placed in our districts end of May

So the girl didn't find out whether her qualification was sufficient as she didn't get through? Or are you saying she got clearance but was unsuccessful?

She submitted the application form and they got back to her and told her she hadn’t relevant qualifications.

I’m in Dublin started in January, getting on well currently doing our first set of exams after semester one. A LOT of information and learning in it. Still in practical training, we are all being placed in our districts end of May

Is it full time college from Jan- now? Or do you be in the office some times and then back in college?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ILIKECOCONUTS

Is it full time college from Jan- now? Or do you be in the office some times and then back in college?

It’s a mix, the first two months are primarily college based

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Obtained a minimum of Level 6 Qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) in at least ONE of the following discipline areas: Taxation, Accounting, Law, Business,
    Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Finance.

I would think public management is a business course, Is it level 6+?

Also, it states:
    OR
    • Hold an internationally recognized industry certified equivalent qualification in at least one
    of these areas which would be acceptable to the Revenue Commissioners as being of at least
    an equivalent or higher standard to the above e.g. A.I.T.I., Tax Technician, Accounting
    Technician.

If is not clear what level your qualification is, they will assess it under this criteria

Thanks, I think all I can do is apply (which I did) and see what happens if initially successful

• Advertisement

Just got the call from Revenue to offer me a place pending the verification process. Course starting 26/8 (tbc). To say I'm over the moon is an understatement!! :D

Just got the call from Revenue to offer me a place pending the verification process. Course starting 26/8 (tbc). To say I'm over the moon is an understatement!! :D

Congrats. What location?

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Congrats. What location?

Dublin.

Dublin.

Brilliant. Delighted for you. I've to do the course also in the autumn and may have to do it in Dublin so hopefully that be my start date too.

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Brilliant. Delighted for you. I've to do the course also in the autumn and may have to do it in Dublin so hopefully that be my start date too.

What position were you on the panel, if I recall correctly I was 13th when I contacted them in late December.

• Advertisement

What position were you on the panel, if I recall correctly I was 13th when I contacted them in late December.

I was 12 on this panel but got promoted from a different audit panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Loumon07

Just wondering if anybody has heard anything regarding a louth panel yet?

Just got the call from Revenue to offer me a place for the cork office. Just thrilled....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Just got the call from Revenue to offer me a place for the cork office. Just thrilled....:D:D

Congratulations!! Did you get a start date?

Well done. Delighted for you. That was a long wait!

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! Did you get a start date?

They said the course is meant to start 26/8... but I get more details later on today..... :)

I am also down for AO so hopefully that ship might come in!!! :cool:

They said the course is meant to start 26/8... but I get more details later on today..... :)

You must be delighted, its tough playing the waiting game! At least you have this and you could still hear about AO

I got the date 26/08 also for Dublin, but was told that's to be confirmed and it's based off previous years courses.

Send my verification details through last week, like an idiot, didn't send them via registered mail....I used our in-house mail. Hoping they receive them :D

I got the date 26/08 also for Dublin, but was told that's to be confirmed and it's based off previous years courses.

Send my verification details through last week, like an idiot, didn't send them via registered mail....I used our in-house mail. Hoping they receive them :D

Just a side note question, is Dublin the only location for the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kit7

Congratulations do you know where you were placed on the Cork panel?

• Advertisement
Advertisement