Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Shivm1984

I'm 301, maybe i wont get called at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

Shivm1984 wrote: »

Ah you will. Once they weed out the stutterers like myself!

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Ah you will. Once they weed out the stutterers like myself!

You will do fantastic. Its so nerve wrecking tho, the waiting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

When I emailed the other day they said:-
    "All candidates who are called for interview will receive second application form in due course."
    Will everyone who passed the first stage, get an invitation to submit the second application and get interviewed? I'm constantly checking my email and nothing yet :(

I'm in the same boat but I think if you passed stage 1 there is a high possibility of getting called as the OOM is of all candidates regardless of location & I reckon they must have factored that into the first stage (ie: selected 20 people per location) otherwise what would they do if all candidates from a single location got eliminated? they're not going to re-location offices just because they couldn't fill a vacancy.

I'm lower than you so I hope your wrong (sorry) but if you think of it that 301 from 26 locations (301/26= 12). It wouldn't be a lot to interview 12 people for a job in any given location, knowing that some wont pass the interview stage anyways.

Well at least thats what I'm hoping :):):)

When I emailed the other day they said:-

I'm in the same boat but I think if you passed stage 1 there is a high possibility of getting called as the OOM is of all candidates regardless of location & I reckon they must have factored that into the first stage (ie: selected 20 people per location) otherwise what would they do if all candidates from a single location got eliminated? they're not going to re-location offices just because they couldn't fill a vacancy.

I'm lower than you so I hope your wrong (sorry) but if you think of it that 301 from 26 locations (301/26= 12). It wouldn't be a lot to interview 12 people for a job in any given location, knowing that some wont pass the interview stage anyways.

Well at least thats what I'm hoping :):):)

Thanks for the confidence boost!! Best of luck!

Did anyone think it odd in the original booklet there was 6 competencies to include people management, but on the interview form I received, theres no people management section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Check out the previous thread on it (last years competition) from what I can see they call people in different batches, headed up by different poeple so it it might just be an admin thing.

I'm 279 and got mine yesterday.

audrey2014 wrote:
    Did anyone think it odd in the original booklet there was 6 competencies to include people management, but on the interview form I received, theres no people management section?

I'm going to prepare on the competency anyway - it might be something they throw in during interview stage at sift candidates

Out of nosiness what kind of work are you all in at the moment?

Would you have a copy of the original booklet, i cant find where i put it.

Would you have a copy of the original booklet, i cant find where i put it.

Its the same booklet on the email.

• Advertisement

Sparkles:) wrote: »
    Check out the previous thread on it (last years competition) from what I can see they call people in different batches, headed up by different poeple so it it might just be an admin thing.

I'm 279 and got mine yesterday.

I'm going to prepare on the competency anyway - it might be something they throw in during interview stage at sift candidates

Out of nosiness what kind of work are you all in at the moment?

I work in revenue presently....
    I rang revenue about the form. Theyre not examining on the people management competency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Ciaran

An EO in audit won't have staff reporting to them so it's not surprising that won't be part of the interview.

Ciaran wrote: »
    An EO in audit won't have staff reporting to them so it's not surprising that won't be part of the interview.

Yeah I'm aware of that. Just was saying it was on the original booklet. Just another way to weed people I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ciaran wrote: »
    Yeah I'm aware of that. Just was saying it was on the original booklet. Just another way to weed people I suppose

Under re-allignment I would very much expect they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Just working on the second application now, the questions are quiet difficult, trying to ensure you use the word count (200) to the best of it's ability and match your experience to the competencies.

I placed in the 240's, did not expect that at all as I was convinced I tanked the aptitude tests.

I'm unsure I'll get the call for the interview after this as although my degree had accountancy in it, it wasn't the primary element, so no actual qualification in it.

From reading previous threads the interview stage seems quiet difficult, any idea how many are in the panel interviewing?

Also in regards to the location placement, anyone have any idea how many in each location? Or which locations will need the most, Dublin I presume will take on the most, but quiet hesitant of a move to the big smoke, I'm lucky in that I only have myself to incorporate into a relocation.

Best of luck everyone :)

what is the highest number called so far?

I saw 279? anyone higher than that called??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Just working on the second application now, the questions are quiet difficult, trying to ensure you use the word count (200) to the best of it's ability and match your experience to the competencies.

I placed in the 240's, did not expect that at all as I was convinced I tanked the aptitude tests.

I'm unsure I'll get the call for the interview after this as although my degree had accountancy in it, it wasn't the primary element, so no actual qualification in it.

From reading previous threads the interview stage seems quiet difficult, any idea how many are in the panel interviewing?

Also in regards to the location placement, anyone have any idea how many in each location? Or which locations will need the most, Dublin I presume will take on the most, but quiet hesitant of a move to the big smoke, I'm lucky in that I only have myself to incorporate into a relocation.

Best of luck everyone :)
    It's "quite" not "quiet"

SATSUMA wrote: »
    It's "quite" not "quiet"

Well clearly I’m at nothing with this competition so 😂 if I can’t manage that much 🀦ðŸ½*♀️

what is the highest number called so far?

I saw 279? anyone higher than that called??

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

Hi all, sorry can anyone confirm when the application form is due? Asking for a mate that is away and can't check his emails! Thanks in advance.

nazzy wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry can anyone confirm when the application form is due? Asking for a mate that is away and can't check his emails! Thanks in advance.

Wednesday 29th at 1pm I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

Noseyaf wrote:
    Wednesday 29th at 1pm I believe

Thanks a million, appreciate that!

Hi guys,
    Anyone know a rough timescale on hearing back?
    Expecting a no but curious as to the speed of this campaign compared to others being run.
    Seems to be quicker / smoother

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

Hi guys,
    Anyone know a rough timescale on hearing back?
    Expecting a no but curious as to the speed of this campaign compared to others being run.
    Seems to be quicker / smoother

Hi, got an email just now confirming receipt of application for interview and they will be in contact shortly to confirm date and time.

sybil2000 wrote: »
    Hi, got an email just now confirming receipt of application for interview and they will be in contact shortly to confirm date and time.

I just checked and I got one two : ) : )

I figured with the start of the course being in January they’d move quick

Would that mean you start in the office prior to the course or would it be January for both

I don’t even know why I’m asking as I haven’t a hope but I really really want it : (

Would that mean you start in the office prior to the course or would it be January for both

I don’t even know why I’m asking as I haven’t a hope but I really really want it : (

Haven't a breeze, probably depends on whether you've to do the training course of not. I'd say it will be end OCT before the interview results are out and then the local panels will be done up. Early to mid Nov for job offers, then the garda and reference checks etc would take to mid Dec ish I doubt they'd start anyone so close to Xmas. But sure thats all wild speculation on my behalf.

sybil2000 wrote: »

They said in one of the emails, they expect interviews to be held in September and successful candidates to start in January..

Only about 300 in oom got the second application form so far, if you did your more than likely going to interview its just a matter of when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

Someone was looking for Customs roles at the start of the thread.

Clerical Officer in Customs Trade Facilitation.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=97556

Has anyone else received the second application form in the last week?

On an unrelated topic:

Revenue estimates that about 500 audit staff will retire over the next five years. There are currently about 400 new staff at various stages of training.

"It is noted that the investment in the training and development of a Revenue auditor or investigator can take up to three to four years, depending on previous relevant experience," he said.

"Revenue plans to recruit 150 executive officers per annum over the next five years with the majority of these going into audit training based on current resource provision." - Irish Independent 16 June 2017

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/business/irish/revenue-hires-100-staff-in-tax-evasion-crackdown-35831098.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Does anyone know how to select multiple fields in the publicjobs pdf application forms so that they can be copied to another application form? Thanks. It's a bloody nuisance doing them individually.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else received the second application form in the last week?

I received on the 15th to be submitted on 29th of August
    Was in 240s in OOO

I work in revenue presently....
    I rang revenue about the form. Theyre not examining on the people management competency.
    I received on the 15th to be submitted on 29th of August
    Was in 240s in OOO

Yeah the first 300 in OOM were issued second applications on 15th of August for submittion on the 29th.

I'm trying to see if anyone over 300 have been issued the second application since then, like last week or this week.

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to select multiple fields in the publicjobs pdf application forms so that they can be copied to another application form? Thanks. It's a bloody nuisance doing them individually.

No I don't, but if you figure it out... let me know :-P

Does anyone know if the OOO is a combination of internal and external applicants, or is it just the external
    Just curious as to if the above mentioned 300 called to interview includes the internal applicants aswell
    Or if the internal are separate and in a different que system etc
    Or perhaps there was only the one application process for all?

Does anyone know if the OOO is a combination of internal and external applicants, or is it just the external
    Just curious as to if the above mentioned 300 called to interview includes the internal applicants aswell
    Or if the internal are separate and in a different que system etc
    Or perhaps there was only the one application process for all?

One application for all. Includes internal, interdepartmental and external

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Harry2015

I got an email yesterday for an interview and repeat assessments on 15th of Sep. Has anyone else got an email?

Harry2015 wrote: »
    I got an email yesterday for an interview and repeat assessments on 15th of Sep. Has anyone else got an email?

Got emailed on Thursday to confirm receipt of application. No email since then.

In the 140s

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

that's great there re assessments, far to easy for ones to cheat

Is your Interview on the same day as the assessment?

• Advertisement

Congratulations : )
    Do you mind me asking where your bases on OoO

I don't think the assessment is the psychometric testing, it's an Etray assessment (work simulation). Surprised they are doing interviews on a Saturday.

Yep both are on the same day.

Yep both are on the same day.

Can I ask are you working in the Civil Service/Revenue already or are you an external candidate?

Sorry it's the 11th Sep. It is the same assements that we done online but in a supervised environment.

I am already working in Revenue.

• Advertisement

Sorry it's the 11th Sep. It is the same assements that we done online but in a supervised environment.
    I am already working in Revenue.

Nevermind, I thought if your interview was on Saturday they might have reserved the saturdays for internal candidates but clearly they aren't doing Saturday interviews :-P

Nevermind, I thought if your interview was on Saturday they might have reserved the saturdays for internal candidates but clearly they aren't doing Saturday interviews :-P

I think it’s the verbal and numerical but instead of that pattern diamond square thing it’s the etray

shawki wrote: »
    Is your Interview on the same day as the assessment?
    Yep

Congratulations : )
    Do you mind me asking where your bases on OoO
    Number 66

• Advertisement
Advertisement