Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Harry2015 wrote: »
    Number 66

Sorry to bother you with another question but where are the interviews Dublin I presume but is it the PAS building behind the jervis?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

Noseyaf wrote:
    Sorry to bother you with another question but where are the interviews Dublin I presume but is it the PAS building behind the jervis?

Revenue Competitions tend to be in Dublin Castle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BonnieB

Hi, just got called for interview for 12th Sept.
    Regarding the retesting of assement tests, the email states:

"Re-testing of Online Assessment Tests
    As outlined in the Candidate Honesty Statement by Cut-e, candidates may be retested under supervised conditions.

Candidates who are selected for re-testing will be notified on arrival for interview and will be required to undertake the assessment tests directly following their interview"

Does anyone know anything about this, how do they choose who is assessed and what assessments are there?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

BonnieB wrote: »
    Hi, just got called for interview for 12th Sept.
    Regarding the retesting of assement tests, the email states:

"Re-testing of Online Assessment Tests
    As outlined in the Candidate Honesty Statement by Cut-e, candidates may be retested under supervised conditions.

Candidates who are selected for re-testing will be notified on arrival for interview and will be required to undertake the assessment tests directly following their interview"

Does anyone know anything about this, how do they choose who is assessed and what assessments are there?

Nope, a guy on earlier said he is interviewing on 11th and is expecting to do the tests again. What number on the oom are you, if you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BonnieB

sybil2000 wrote: »
    Nope, a guy on earlier said he is interviewing on 11th and is expecting to do the tests again. What number on the oom are you, if you don't mind me asking.

I was number 17

I have emailed Revenue for more information and will post if they come back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Harry2015

Noseyaf wrote: »
    The interview is in Dublin Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hireme101

Got called for an interview on the 18th September.

In the 130s

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shorty01

On the email with the order of merit number it said that we would be called in our batches but I placed in the 200's and I have an interview on 14th September. Does anyone know how they select for the interview?

Shorty01 wrote: »
    On the email with the order of merit number it said that we would be called in our batches but I placed in the 200's and I have an interview on 14th September. Does anyone know how they select for the interview?

Do you mind me asking where in the 2s I’m in the 240s and nothing yet
    TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

Maybe the order in which we are interviewed doesn’t matter.

They could have organized our interviews by Surname.

Maybe the interviewers can’t know our order of merit so they mix us up.

It’s wouldn’t be fair if they knew they interviewed the top 20 people on one day and the bottom 20 on another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I was thinking it might be in order of submitted application form 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

TIA

Revenue told me they called the first 300 OOM to interview so its just a waiting game. If you are week 3+ it would be unfair on others to give you 3/4 week notice to prepare (compared with those called week 1).

TIA

I'm in the higher than 240

I'm in the higher than 240

Sorry for another question
    When did you submit your application?
    Trying to crack the system it’s so puzzling

7pm on the Tuesday night before the deadline

I legit have no clue how they are organising it 😂😂

Maybe surname so

I legit have no clue how they are organising it 😂😂

Maybe surname so

Doesn't seem likely as mine is in the middle of the alphabet!

Hmm that was my only guess as I’m down the far end

• Advertisement

Hmm that was my only guess as I’m down the far end

Maybe by county or it could be just at random. They know they are interviewing 50 a week for 6 weeks, i don't think it matter who goes first or last to them

Maybe by county or it could be just at random. They know they are interviewing 50 a week for 6 weeks, i don't think it matter who goes first or last to them

I put limerick down as 1 I think Galway as 2

Did anyone else here back or anyone for limerick? : (

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Daly troy

Got my interview date yesterday, for 25th Sept, 2018, best of luck to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

My interview is this coming Monday! I must be one of the first! Better to have it over and done with in my opinion though!

Got called for the 26th : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 belleamie

Can I ask What qualifications were needed for this particular EO position?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Apex007

Is anyone still waiting on their interview date? Still haven't received mine and not sure if I should contact them or not.

Got called for the 26th : )

Woohoo. Best if luck. Im still waiting for the call.

belleamie wrote: »

A level 6+ qualification in Business, Finance, Taxation, Law or Accounting.

Apex007 wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting on their interview date? Still haven't received mine and not sure if I should contact them or not.

If you got the second application form then your on their list for interview, id say wait until tomorrow to call them they have 300 interviews to arrange so its unlikely they have everyone sorted yet.

• Advertisement

belleamie wrote: »

A level 6+ qualification in Business, Finance, Taxation, Law or Accounting.

And the 6 EO Competencies.

And at least some knowledge of the Revenue Audit Code of Practice

Does anyone know if everyone are getting retested t interview or just some people the wording is confusing?;

"Candidates who are selected for re-testing will be notified on arrival for interview and will be required to undertake the assessment tests directly following their interview."

• Registered Users Posts: 16 asd1

Sounds like it's as it's worded. So as we arrive we'll find out.
    I was mid 200's and amazed I passed as they were difficult and impossible to finish. I'm worried sick I'll have to re-do them and fail by a margin .��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

asd1 wrote: »
    I was mid 200's and amazed I passed as they were difficult and impossible to finish. I'm worried sick I'll have to re-do them and fail by a margin .��
    Thats not the purpose of the retests, its to make sure that the actual candidate took the intial test and didnt get someone else to do it for them, as long as the two results are relatively similar everything is fine, if there is a large descrepancy then you are in trouble.

asd1 wrote: »

Same I hattted those tests particularly the pattern square thing
    Is there gunna be etray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

Apex007 wrote: »

I'm still waiting too! I reckon we'll hear tomorrow :)

Sparkles:) wrote: »
    I'm still waiting too! I reckon we'll hear tomorrow :)

Im still waiting also.

Was anyone here interviewed for last years competition? How deep do the board probe your competency examples? Just want to gauge how intense the questioning is.

sadista wrote: »
    Was anyone here interviewed for last years competition? How deep do the board probe your competency examples? Just want to gauge how intense the questioning is.
    The interview is essientially an examination of your application form, so know it inside out, read the form as if you were the interviewer and try and predict what they will ask, and have a second example for each competency. It will be the standard stuff then like ''Why were you chosen to do x, what would you different, what did you learn from it that you could bring to the role of an EO etc. 
    There will then be a few general questions probably at the end, like Why do you want this job, why should revenue give you this job etc. and the one that catches most out is What is your biggest weakness. At the end they generarally ask you if you have any questions and some people try and get too clever here, best line to take is no you think that you have covered everything and thank them for their time.

Hi everyone,

Just reading last years thread and it seems very interesting to look at the process if anyone is interested - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...4908a5&page=20

Question;
    The thread refers to a large proportion of roles being based in Dublin,
    Does anyone know if you can change your preferences? Or would it be an idea to tell them I'd be willing to go to Dublin?

I've no ties to any area, my personal preference is still Limerick, but if that was not a realistic option I would move to Dublin for a role.
    All opinions welcome : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 asd1

Hi everyone,

Just reading last years thread and it seems very interesting to look at the process if anyone is interested -

Question;
    Does anyone know if you can change your preferences? Or would it be an idea to tell them I'd be willing to go to Dublin?

I've no ties to any area, my personal preference is still Limerick, but if that was not a realistic option I would move to Dublin for a role.

Thanks for the link.
    I'd suggest emailing them to say that your situation has changed and your now available for consideration in Dublin. You never know.
    With respect to etray, which I've never done but am familiar with, I'm pretty sure you won't , if selected , be completing one.

Good luck to all those heading in/ up tomorrow.

Hi everyone,

Just reading last years thread and it seems very interesting to look at the process if anyone is interested - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...4908a5&page=20

Question;

There are far more audit positions in Limerick and Nenagh this time around and with reallignment this trend will continue

Pogue eile wrote: »
    The interview is essientially an examination of your application form, so know it inside out, read the form as if you were the interviewer and try and predict what they will ask, and have a second example for each competency. It will be the standard stuff then like ''Why were you chosen to do x, what would you different, what did you learn from it that you could bring to the role of an EO etc.
    There will then be a few general questions probably at the end, like Why do you want this job, why should revenue give you this job etc. and the one that catches most out is What is your biggest weakness. At the end they generarally ask you if you have any questions and some people try and get too clever here, best line to take is no you think that you have covered everything and thank them for their time.

Thanks Pogue eile! I've prepared a good bit on my competency examples but will prepare back up examples in case they ask for more and try to relate them to the role. Do they ask much about education and your knowledge of the role? trying to use my last few hours of prep as effectively as possible :)

Thanks Pogue eile! I've prepared a good bit on my competency examples but will prepare back up examples in case they ask for more and try to relate them to the role. Do they ask much about education and your knowledge of the role? trying to use my last few hours of prep as effectively as possible :)

Yesterday I saw on the 2017 thread they asked for a definition of e audits and something about the Code of practice for revenue audits

Best of luck : )

Pogue eile wrote: »
    There are far more audit positions in Limerick and Nenagh this time around and with reallignment this trend will continue

Hey what do you mean by realignment not currently in CS so unsure of terms or restructuring

Got my interview date just there.

Can someone post in after they interview if they are still doing the e-tray? Nothing in the email about it.

Got my interview date just there.

congrats : )

Can someone post in after they interview if they are still doing the e-tray? Nothing in the email about it.

Finished my interview a couple of hours ago. Fortunately I wasn't selected for re-testing so can't say for certain whether e-tray is included. The interview board will let you know if you will be re-tested right before the interview begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Finished my interview a couple of hours ago. Fortunately I wasn't selected for re-testing so can't say for certain whether e-tray is included. The interview board will let you know if you will be re-tested right before the interview begins.

I'd say you're relieved now. How long were you in for? 45mins?

Advertisement