Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

Anyone receive any word today. I was on to revenue this morn to find out are they going to split the panel into people's preferred locations. They sent me an email address for panel placements to direct my query too. Haven't heard anything from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Daisymoo91

Hi,

Would you be able to post the email address you got please? Haven’t heard anything either. I don’t know if no news is good news or not haha

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

sybil2000 wrote: »
    Anyone receive any word today. I was on to revenue this morn to find out are they going to split the panel into people's preferred locations. They sent me an email address for panel placements to direct my query too. Haven't heard anything from them.

I just heard they are looking at Dublin for the moment. Was just in Dublin at the AO exam and a lady said she asked and that's what she was told

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

audrey2014 wrote: »
    I just heard they are looking at Dublin for the moment. Was just in Dublin at the AO exam and a lady said she asked and that's what she was told

Are you sure she didn’t mean the general EO comp that was Dublin only?

shawki wrote: »
    Are you sure she didn’t mean the general EO comp that was Dublin only?

No she specifically said new EO Audit panel released last week. Everything will always be Dublin first so I won't be holding my breath just yet

I have Dublin on mine and I haven't heard ticketyboo from them.

I have Dublin on mine and I haven't heard ticketyboo from them.

They may contact the panel formed in May before they start calling from this one. That's what they did last time

They may contact the panel formed in May before they start calling from this one. That's what they did last time

What panel was formed in May? If they had a panel formed surely they wouldn't waste people's time going through this process for January positions if they had a panel? That makes no sense.

What panel was formed in May? If they had a panel formed surely they wouldn't waste people's time going through this process for January positions if they had a panel? That makes no sense.

May was an internal panel for audit but they'll have to call some off that methinks. I failed that interview but I know a few people still waiting to be placed. No one knows how they fill positions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

A May panel certainly reduces the chances for those of us above 100.

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    A May panel certainly reduces the chances for those of us above 100.

I'm 68 and not expecting a call. My four chosen locations were filled between Jan and Sept this year. I can't see them calling again until MAYBE next September. I dunno. I'm not optimistic. But then again if you are looking for Galway or Kilkenny or Dublin or whatever, there may not be a lot ahead of you on this panel looking for those locations. We won't know until someone on here gets a call

I'm 68 and not expecting a call. My four chosen locations were filled between Jan and Sept this year. I can't see them calling again until MAYBE next September. I dunno. I'm not optimistic. But then again if you are looking for Galway or Kilkenny or Dublin or whatever, there may not be a lot ahead of you on this panel looking for those locations. We won't know until someone on here gets a call

Would it not be the same amount of positions come up every year for the bigger locations though? Sure they would hardly have certain locations on the application form if they didn't have any positions for those locations.

Would it not be the same amount of positions come up every year for the bigger locations though? Sure they would hardly have certain locations on the application form if they didn't have any positions for those locations.

With realignment and audit getting bigger, maybe they're recruiting for all 26 counties. In 2016 competition, they specifically listed Limerick Galway Dublin Kilkenny. In 2017 there was no specifications, but they offered cork Kerry Dublin. In May it didn't specify counties but they
    Offered Limerick and Tipp which started end of August for course. It's quite random

It's a bit off putting that they can hold a national competition for a unknown number of roles in unknown areas of the Country requesting that people be ready to start in January and still they don't seem to know where the roles are, how many there are or issued a regional panel.
    I'm doing out my CV Friday eve for the private sector. They can't expect people to accept the great unknown. The longer it drags on the less likely people are going to accept it. It's 7 months now.

It's a bit off putting that they can hold a national competition for a unknown number of roles in unknown areas of the Country requesting that people be ready to start in January and still they don't seem to know where the roles are, how many there are or issued a regional panel.
    I'm doing out my CV Friday eve for the private sector. They can't expect people to accept the great unknown. The longer it drags on the less likely people are going to accept it. It's 7 months now.

It's not even 5 months? It was announced end if May. I know cause it was literally the day after I got the PFO for the internal panel. Only thing is once they get the ball rolling on this it will be quick with verification of qualifications, vetting etc etc. In fairness the results were only out last Wednesday.

And to be honest I wouldn't think they care much. They'll offer it when it's ready to go and it's up to you if you want the hassle or not

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Disney2003

No she specifically said new EO Audit panel released last week. Everything will always be Dublin first so I won't be holding my breath just yet

Are the AO results out already?

No ... they're only testing 2nd stage of first batch til next Tuesday

No ... they're only testing 2nd stage of first batch til next Tuesday

So that means I wasn't in the first batch !!!!

Disney2003 wrote: »
    So that means I wasn't in the first batch !!!!

This is the EO Audit thread. The AO one is separate. About 350 were called for AO. EO Audit results are out but noone has been called far as I know.

Bit of confusion

• Advertisement

Did you hear anything back from them today?

What days are the stage 2 sittings running for the AO? (I know there was one sitting yesterday) The same staff could be tied up doing that rather than calling the EO panel?

First of the offers are out.

Phone/email?

Would you mind expanding on that please?

What days are the stage 2 sittings running for the AO? (I know there was one sitting yesterday) The same staff could be tied up doing that rather than calling the EO panel?

Stage 2 AO is until Tuesday 6 November I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Kit7

Do you know where the offers are for?

I got offered and accepted Dublin

That's brilliant, congrats. Least there's movement now

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ElliotM1811

Can i ask what number on the panel? (is this for EO yes?)

So far so-
    31/10 up to 60's called for Dublin only

• Advertisement

So far so-

Thank you, placed in 140s, only selected Dublin so i am thinking it may be far fetched hoping to get a call before January

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kit7

Congratulations

congratulations!!

So far so-

I presume they'll just call those who actually specified Dublin. I'm in 60s but didn't say Dublin so I won't get a call

I know Castlebar was offered and accepted. So it isn't just Dublin. I had Meath(Navan), Louth, Monaghan and Dublin on mine. Accepted Dublin, said there was nothing for Navan at the moment, I never asked about Louth or Monaghan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

august12 wrote: »
    This is an open competition ran by Revenue "EO - Tax, Audit and Compliance"

You obviously needed a degree in finance so,

Degree in Photography & QFA'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

I’m in the top 40 and only had cork as my location choice, never got any call but did hear that someone below me got a call for Waterford aswell... I’m beginning to think maybe cork isn’t taking anyone on in January. Anybody lower than 40 get a call about cork?

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    I’m in the top 40 and only had cork as my location choice, never got any call but did hear that someone below me got a call for Waterford aswell... I’m beginning to think maybe cork isn’t taking anyone on in January. Anybody lower than 40 get a call about cork?

Do you approx how far down the person from waterford was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Disney2003 wrote: »
    Do you approx how far down the person from waterford was ?

Nope.... sorry ! Are you looking for Waterford?

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    Nope.... sorry ! Are you looking for Waterford?

No , but other south east counties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Anyone offered Louth Meath or Monaghan??

can you pass on that email address please? Thanks in advance

can you pass on that email address please? Thanks in advance

I've emailed them as well. If I get it I'll post.

I've emailed them as well. If I get it I'll post.

thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Anyone know how long this panel will stay open fir

A panel will be formed in order of merit from which candidates may be called as critical posts
    arise. The panel created from this competition will expire one year after its establishment.

A panel will be formed in order of merit from which candidates may be called as critical posts
    arise. The panel created from this competition will expire one year after its establishment.

So we have 2 shots at it and hope our locations will be called before October 25 2019

So we have 2 shots at it and hope our locations will be called before October 25 2019

Well a year long shot from reading above. Or if it is like previous years then one shot Jan and another Sept.

Candidates who are successful in this competition may be offered posts in other Government Departments.

• Advertisement

Well a year long shot from reading above. Or if it is like previous years then one shot Jan and another Sept.

Candidates who are successful in this competition may be offered posts in other Government Departments.

But the diploma is only on January and September so if no call for Jan 2019 then it'll have to be a call for September 2019 we will be hoping for. Our panel will be closed when they start calling for January 2020 I presume

Advertisement