Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer with Revenue 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

CZ 453 wrote: »
    It was 8 days after panel results for Cork to be called last year.

Yes but on that logic they wouldn't be calling for Waterford Wexford Mayo etc either at this time. I think they won't call cork Kerry etc this time as they were only all filled Jan/September 2018 and the current trainees aren't finished their Diploma

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ElliotM1811

eire1987 wrote: »
    It seems to be the same pattern like last years campaign.. They start with Dublin and go to other Counties then?? :confused:

its a shame theres no indication of the number of positions available for each county

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

audrey2014 wrote: »
    Yes but on that logic they wouldn't be calling for Waterford Wexford Mayo etc either at this time. I think they won't call cork Kerry etc this time as they were only all filled Jan/September 2018 and the current trainees aren't finished their Diploma

That would be just a waste of time though. It would've been easier to exclude Cork from the location list back when the competition opened. By not excluding Cork from the list they'd be wasting their own time and the time of the candidates for those locations by putting an option that never existed.

That would be just a waste of time though. It would've been easier to exclude Cork from the location list back when the competition opened. By not excluding Cork from the list they'd be wasting their own time and the time of the candidates for those locations by putting an option that never existed.

I agree 💯 but with all the new changes in Revenue and all the retirements, maybe they don't know exactly what they need. How they select and recruit makes no sense.

I agree �� but with all the new changes in Revenue and all the retirements, maybe they don't know exactly what they need. How they select and recruit makes no sense.
    I've been told there were a pile of retirements in the South.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rumblesquares

Anyone else offered Wexford and roughly what number?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

They should interview by location and save people the expense. If they need EOs for Dublin, Waterford, Wexford now why not bring those people forward for interview. I have no problem doing the aptitude tests but to drive up from Limerick, do the interview for a job in Limerick that doesnt even exist, what a waste of time. If they need people for Limerick in 6 months I would of been happy to go up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

They should interview by location and save people the expense. If they need EOs for Dublin, Waterford, Wexford now why not bring those people forward for interview. I have no problem doing the aptitude tests but to drive up from Limerick, do the interview for a job in Limerick that doesnt even exist, what a waste of time. If they need people for Limerick in 6 months I would of been happy to go up then.

Yeah I feel your pain. Limerick just recruited in September. Time before that was Jan 2017. I don't understand why they just didn't limit it to where they knew for definite. I doubt they need people in all 26 counties. Hence why the need for all locations to be listed

• Advertisement

Yeah I feel your pain. Limerick just recruited in September. Time before that was Jan 2017. I don't understand why they just didn't limit it to where they knew for definite. I doubt they need people in all 26 counties. Hence why the need for all locations to be listed

• Registered Users Posts: 16 asd1

Hi , I thought as people want to keep tabs on the current numbers being called I let you know I was offered Dublin today starting in January and I was between 100 and 110. Good luck everyone and hopefully all the counties people want will eventually get called.

asd1 wrote: »
    Hi , I thought as people want to keep tabs on the current numbers being called I let you know I was offered Dublin today starting in January and I was between 100 and 110. Good luck everyone and hopefully all the counties people want will eventually get called.

Congrats and fair play to you for posting.

So far-
    100's Dublin
    latter 70's Waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

Just reading back over the booklet there, can anyone shed some light on how the pay increments work in revenue? Its not very clear!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

sadista wrote: »
    Just reading back over the booklet there, can anyone shed some light on how the pay increments work in revenue? Its not very clear!
    Thanks!

Unless you aren't a current civil servant. You start at the 29k and every year move up a point on the payscale. If you are a serving civil servant recruited in the last few years you move onto the next point on the payscale that would give you a pay rise (I think).
    E.g. I am a serving clerical officer the last year so I am expecting to start at point 1 of the EO payscale as that is the first point that would give me a pay rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

sybil2000 wrote: »
    Unless you aren't a current civil servant. You start at the 29k and every year move up a point on the payscale. If you are a serving civil servant recruited in the last few years you move onto the next point on the payscale that would give you a pay rise (I think).
    E.g. I am a serving clerical officer the last year so I am expecting to start at point 1 of the EO payscale as that is the first point that would give me a pay rise.

Yep Spot on

This gives me some hope as i was not too confident in the 140s..
    Thanks for the update and congratulations!

Has anyone received any calls today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shorty01

Does anyone know how the year probation works? For example what would you have to do not to be made permanent after the 1 year?

Shorty01 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the year probation works? For example what would you have to do not to be made permanent after the 1 year?

Gross misconduct.....thump someone or something I'd say.......maybe there will be a caveat connected to the studies and exams.

• Advertisement

in the 140's and have received and accepted Dublin today.
    Best of luck to those awaiting a call. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eire1987

in the 140's and have received and accepted Dublin today.
    Best of luck to those awaiting a call. :)

Congrats

So far-
    140's Dublin
    latter 70's Waterford

Cork,Kerry,Tipp and Limerick not called

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hego25

Has anyone been offered Wexford yet?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭shawki

If someone had Cork No.1, Dublin no. 2 and accepted Dublin.

Are they out of the running for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Gross misconduct.....thump someone or something I'd say.......maybe there will be a caveat connected to the studies and exams.

Sick leave is a huge thing in civil service during your probation period, they will be looking at that alright, I’m not sure if failing any exams first time round would have an impact on things

shawki wrote: »
    If someone had Cork No.1, Dublin no. 2 and accepted Dublin.

Are they out of the running for Cork?

I would think so because they have accepted their place and would be off the panel. Open to correction though if anyone knows from experience

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Anyone know how many places there are??

Or if Louth has a chance ??

Dariunmes1 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many places there are??

Or if Louth has a chance ??

Not sure how many places but Louth was offered for the September intake

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chaos Black

Probation in the civil service is structured, with regular meetings and signing off by supervisor. At the end of a year they check your attendance and sick leave. I have heard of people failing it or having it extended, especially on the sick leave basis which is strict.

By all accounts the first year in this particular role is very busy. I’d say it could catch a few unprepared if you’re going in expecting a cozy civil service job.

Looking forward to meeting some of yous in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Looking forward to meeting some of yous in January.

Would you have any idea where the main place of work is for this role (Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

I am led to believe all the tax audit and compliance is based around city centre, Navan rd and Tallaght. I wouldn't be too sure though so don't take that as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 asd1

Does anyone know if they are part of the tax saver travel scheme ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

Wondering this too. Hoping to get a point to point annual rail ticket. The commute will take a little getting used to as I currently work 5 mins from home but at least the time I spend sat on the train is my own and definitely an improvement of my current gig which comprises 12 hour nights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Yeah they are

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chaos Black

As I understand it, new staff often work between O'Connell Street and Lansdowne for the first six months.

Tallaght and Ashtown less so. Not 100% on that.

I don't see why Revenue would not be part of the tax saver travel scheme as I thought PeoplePoint handles that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rumblesquares

Just got an offer for Wexford, in the 160’s

So far-
    140's Dublin
    latter 70's Waterford
    160's Wexford

I emailed to get an updated panel placing.

I've moved up over 60 places to the mid 10s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

What email did you use? Panelplacings@revenue.ie ...?

Dariunmes1 wrote: »
    What email did you use? Panelplacings@revenue.ie ...?

Yup

Good stuff. I'm not too far behind you so if you're called there'll be some hope for me. Did you turn down Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hego25

I got offered both Wexford and Dublin, in the 150's

So far-
    150's Dublin
    latter 70's Waterford
    160's Wexford

Good stuff. I'm not too far behind you so if you're called there'll be some hope for me. Did you turn down Dublin?

I only put down Cork.

Annoying to be so close but then no jobs for what was supposed to be guaranteed area.

• Advertisement

I only put down Cork.

Annoying to be so close but then no jobs for what was supposed to be guaranteed area.

I think there will be jobs in Cork. There will be people move(for customs) and get promoted. There are also a pile of retirements. The email response to another poster could be interpreted as they are not looking at Cork this week/month etc.

Shawki what is this updated panel placing you are talking about? Is it in relation to all those who haven’t gotten a call within let’s say the first 100

Did they take long to come back to you

Did they take long to come back to you

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    Shawki what is this updated panel placing you are talking about? Is it in relation to all those who haven’t gotten a call within let’s say the first 100

Let’s say I’m placed 100 and they place 50 people. I’m now 50th in the list.

They got back to me within a few hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement