Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cold Brew

• 25-07-2018 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So I recently signed up to Pact coffee, great service. As part of signing up I received a cold brew kit which is ideal in this weather and for my commute!

I have made a few jugs of cold brew, its nice but not amazing...yet!
    Hoping some of you can offer some guidance and tips for your fave cold brew recipes.

If it helps my morning coffee at the office is a french press/cafetiere using Taylors No 6 - Hot Lava Java. I usually add a half teaspoon of brown sugar to my coffee.

So what coffee do you good folks use when making a cold brew?
    Any technique you could recommend?
    I like a small bit of sweetness but not too much, how can I make it a bit sweeter, syrup perhaps?

I look forward to your suggestions!

frAg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You want the coffee fairly coarse. A 1:6 ratio of coffee/water should produce a reasonably concentrated brew, which you can water down to taste. I usually like to leave it about 18 hours then filter twice, firstly through a french press and then through a paper filter (Aeropress)

Go for coffees like Ethiopian if you want sweeter tasting coffee. Condensed milk is a great sweetener for coffee.

Advertisement