Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations of Iron supplement please & what is correct dosage needed?

Options
  • 25-07-2018 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what iron supplements ye have taken that are easy on the stomach? I tried Ferrograd and Galfer on last pregnancy but they don't agree with me. I'm on Hema Plex by Natures way ( https://naturesplus.com/products/productdetail.php?productNumber=3772) but my Haemoglobin has still come back low.

Any recommendations of what worked for ye (other than Galfer etc)

Also finding it hard to figure out what is the correct dosage required in pregnancy. Hema Plex says it has 85 mg of Elemental iron whereas Spatone says 5mg of Elemental Iron....its very confusing :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Have you tried liquid Galfer? It was recommended to me by a doctor post-partum as easier on the stomach.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hiya,

You need to talk to a doctor or pharmacist about correct dosages - this is too close to medical advice for the internet to answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement