Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Invoice

Options
  • 25-07-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi, I am sole trader and I did work for some guy. We agreed on price €600. When I done the work/service he didn't want to pay €600 at all. I did the job all work is fine. So after I gave him price €450 but he is not replying. His last price was €300 but I want my money €450.

The invoice was send nearly month ago but he is not replying.

What can I do? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

First of all I don't think you should have faltered and reduced the cost.

Unless there's paperwork to back up your initial quote (and signed by them) you've no other option than to either take the 300 or them to small claims court.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/courts_system/small_claims_court.html

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lew1s

I have just email communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

just future advice take down payment on work 30-50% and both parties sign contract to get paid in full once work is complete, customer has leverage which you lost your ground minute they didnt agree to pay what was agreed and you dropped the ball with lowering the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lew1s

I trusted him. Normally taking 50% deposit at beginning. He paid me all the time. So what can I do if I have just communication in emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Stanford

verycool wrote: »
    First of all I don't think you should have faltered and reduced the cost.

Unless there's paperwork to back up your initial quote (and signed by them) you've no other option than to either take the 300 or them to small claims court.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/courts_system/small_claims_court.html

The Small Claims Court does not deal in debt recovery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

He’s just trying it on.

Send him an email saying unless he pays you €450 by x date, then you will be calling round to his home/business premises and looking for the original €600, and not leaving until you get it.

Do not fall for any of his stories, he’s just a slippery piece of work. You worked for your money, now you want it. Always, I repeat always, follow through on any threat you make. ie if you say you will call to his house on x date, you have to call to his house on that date. Otherwise he won’t believe any threat you make and will continue to give you the runaround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Give him 14 days to pay in full or you will pass it on to intrum justicia debt collectors.

Inform him that whilst intrum justicia are not members of the ICB and therefore cannot affect his credit rating with banks unless a court order is obtained, it can affect his credit rating with numerous other firms who use intrum justicia including major mobile phone companies, utility companies and companies that offer forms of credit such as littlewoods, Harvey norman and others and that this information is on their system for a period of 6 years.

That may elicit a response.

Intrum justicia will send an initial demand for about €50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Give him 14 days to pay in full or you will pass it on to intrum justicia debt collectors.

Inform him that whilst intrum justicia are not members of the ICB and therefore cannot affect his credit rating with banks unless a court order is obtained, it can affect his credit rating with numerous other firms who use intrum justicia including major mobile phone companies, utility companies and companies that offer forms of credit such as littlewoods, Harvey norman and others and that this information is on their system for a period of 6 years.

That may elicit a response.

Intrum justicia will send an initial demand for about €50

For €450? I don’t think so! You pay them €50 for a letter and you’ll never hear from them again.

I repeat, threaten to call to their house or their business premises if they don’t pay you by x date. If they don’t, then call round and don’t leave until you have the cash in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

if no pay take it away :pac: thou guess its some carpentry work would be hard without ruining stuff.
    As you said you trusted person and got paid in the past that's the issue, cant really be on friend terms when in business, and 600e id waited on getting it, once job was complete as not really amount that one should would struggle to pay or delay in.

Advertisement