Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise pollution regulations

• 25-07-2018 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I live in a new build near Dublin airport. As you can imagine the noise pollution from passing jets is a nuisance, but I was expecting that a builder would have installed soundproofed windows, either heavy double glazed or triple glazed windows. As you can imagine this was not done.

As far as I know, EU and Ireland have legislation regarding noise pollution that requires a certain level of soundproofing in houses and apartments. I have two questions:

* Are there any laws and regulations that require builders to soundproof new build depending on the noise level?

* If these regulations were violated, how can I prove this?

* If I can prove that these regulations were violated can I demand from the builder to replace windows in the house? (I live in a new build)

Advertisement